DigitalPath, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Work bad management
Technical Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJuly 12, 2019
I have nothing bad to say about the work, however, the management did not care about its employees while barely caring about its customers. Some workers could do no work, while others would get reprimanded for slowing down after doing all the work. Beyond the stress management made, the environment was just not healthy.
Unstable environment everyday
Feild Technician lvl3/Trainer (Former Employee) –  ChicoJune 13, 2019
Changes were made to policy on a weekly basis. The company would take the rules that benefited them and ignore the rest. I was directed to climb towers that were deemed unsafe by another crew. Putting my life at risk so someone could have internet. The rules only apply to the employees not management. And they have former employees suing them for discrimination currently. I feel like I was treated very unfairly.
Pros
I loved my co workers. The installer crew was amazing despite the poor managers overseeing.
Cons
Pay was $5-7 below average. Very dangerous.
Sad to be leaving!
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 15, 2019
DigitalPath is the most "you get out what you put in" environment I have ever worked in because it is true for all aspects here. If you walk in with a smile and positive attitude, you will most likely walk out smiling and happy. Sure, there are people who are/were unhappy here, but they seemed to be unhappy about work in general, not specifically work here.

As corny as it is, the culture here is very family-like. The management cares more about having happy employees rather than worker-bees, which I greatly appreciate.

A perfect example of this is if you are a person with a strong work ethic but have a few "off days," you can expect your manager sit you down and ask if anything is wrong (whether professionally or personal) and eagerly work with you to resolve whatever is going on; even if that means giving you time off to deal with personal issues. Most other places will see you under-performing and immediately get on your case to pick up the slack; but if you show the management that you are happy and ready to work, they will always give you the benefit of the doubt before blaming you.

Even better than the management team are the fellow employees. Of course, there are some people that you will but heads with (because that is just how it goes when you spend 40hrs/week around the same people), but I can honestly say that I have developed some deep and lasting friendships here. I have complete confidence that when I walk through the door in the morning, I have a team of people who are willingly and happily there to help me with anything (from being a shoulder to cry
  more... on when grieving, to helping brainstorm the perfect place to go get lunch!).

The reason for this is because if you put in time and effort, you will grow here. Even if there if there is seemingly nowhere to ascend to, management will create expansion just to let you grow. This allows for an environment that is not so competitive and cut throat. We know we can encourage our coworkers to do well and succeed because it won't hurt our own career development for them to do so.

Overall, I will miss this place deeply after relocating. If I could pick up this company and move it with me, I would in a heartbeat.
Pros
Friendly coworkers & understanding/lenient management
Cons
Fixed hours for hourly
Growing in a very good direction
HR & Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 9, 2019
The CEO of the company is a strong visionary, and the leadership team truly cares about the people who work here. There is a sincere focus on safety and culture, and wages have become more competitive.

I have seen the negative reviews, and I can truly say they don't reflect the DigitalPath I work at. DigitalPath is a great company for positive and genuine people to work at. Growth requires change, and some people find that more difficult than others.

Training and coaching for managers/supervisors has made a positive difference in the culture. There is always more room to grow, and what I love about working at DigitalPath is that people understand and embrace this.

Many managers/supervisors have risen from within the company, illustrating the commitment to career and professional growth. The managers/supervisors care about their teams, and they work to improve themselves and their teams.

There is an open-door policy for all in the leadership team. I've found everyone in the leadership team to be transparent and real. No workplace is problem-free; what makes a difference at DigitalPath is the willingness to work problems out, even if it involves difficult conversations.

As with any job or career, you will get out of it what you put into it. Those who invest themselves and bring a positive attitude with a strong work ethic will go very far here.

If you are hired to work at DigitalPath, I encourage you to communicate! Some people who have worked for our competitors or similar industries are used to being mistreated and don't feel like they can bring things
  more... up to leadership. It's a very open culture here. We would rather hear about issues than have them fester under the surface and spread poison. Often a simple conversation can clear it up or help affect change. I love this about DigitalPath's culture!  less
Pros
Cafeteria w/ reasonable prices, safety culture, good place to grow, commitment to employees, game room in development
Employee (Former Employee) –  ChicoFebruary 9, 2019
Management is proud to admit they are all college drop outs and are proud of their management by fear tactics that they say work but can't keep there employees there cause they can't figure out management by fear does not work. Read a text book!
The day goes by real fast
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 29, 2019
I enjoyed working for this company. Everyday was something different and exciting. I Learned a lot about computers and customer service and working outdoors is always fun.
Pros
outdoors
Cons
hieghts
Weird co workers when I worked there, but they are mostly gone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 3, 2018
I can only review for the time i worked there, There was a scheduler that made me miserable, she was very mean. The customers call in and they are freaking out because the service is not very good and it's not going to improve, there isn't much you can do to help them.
Pros
customer service workers were nice
Cons
very mean scheduler, cliquey workplace

Comment – February 22, 2019

Thank you for your honest feedback. We're always working toward continued excellence both with our customers and our employees. Excellence doesn't happen by mistake! We openly encourage our employees to connect directly with management when these types of concerns arise. We'd much rather collaborate with a current employee than hear about a problem after someone has left. We strongly hold that it's a good thing when everyone improves together - employees, managers, and the company as a whole.

Fun and Productive workplace that is always on the leading edge
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chico, CASeptember 16, 2017
On a daily basis, you may end up doing one thing all day, or a million things all at once. The fast paced environment keeps the company at the leading edge of the market and brings the benefits to the customers, providing high speed internet where nobody else will.
Pros
Cafeteria onsite
ehh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 23, 2017
a typical work day here is very stressful especially when you are targeted by your supervisor everyday always on your case. dont reccommend working here
Pros
some nice people
Cons
management is messed up

Comment – February 22, 2019

Hats off to all Customer Service Reps who embrace and thrive in this crucial role! It's not for everyone.

Our HR team has a strong commitment to our employees, with an open-door policy to discuss concerns in confidence. We ask any employee who has concerns about their supervisor or manager to discuss it with the HR Manager.

Job Duties
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 14, 2017
Stressful environment
Try to make the best of the job duties and the best you can
I learned alot from this company, it teaches one to be patient and humble at times
fun work place
Cafeteria Manager (Current Employee) –  chico caOctober 6, 2015
shopping, cooking,cleaning .
I learned all customers are very different. Management was good. Chico ca. Most enjoyable part was the people I met
Pros
good company
Cons
healthcare
Internet cable units
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chico, CADecember 8, 2014
My position required that i supervise two other employees. Department hand built electronic boards, Antenna's and assembled receiving and transmitting cable.phone box devices. Installed directional dishes Programmed and tested units. Then shipped units to outside vendor's. Or supply installer's with units for customer use (private home owners)
Pros
Free lance conditions
Cons
Outdoor installments
good place to gain experience
On call services as Crew Forman (Former Employee) –  northern CA,March 11, 2014
wide spectrum of work locations.
lots of good equipment to use
most enjoyable part of the job was being in the mountains
Great team envirement.
Field Services engineer (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAFebruary 26, 2013
Started work at 8AM ended at 5PM mostly unless on a install or maintenance that had to be done after hours. I learned Linux operating systems by working with them. 90 percent of the servers were on Linux and all the development was Linux. The thing I liked most was learning new systems and having the support network for a knowledge base.