Digitas Employee Reviews

Work is great, Culture is failing
Designer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2019
Working here is fine. Digitas only focuses on the clients and the work we do. I enjoy my team and working with them. The culture has been failing for years.
Collaborative Environment With Independent Opportunities
VP, Creative Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2019
We were the traditional arm of a digital agency and it was wild. Wonderful time of life with fantastic people. And i thoroughly applaud the agency for allowing us to be ourselves in all that we did.
Fantastic place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2018
Smart leadership team. Great place to excel in your career. Wonderful work / life balance. i was fortunate to work there for 7 years before taking a leave to travel.
productive
Sales Account officer (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionNovember 7, 2018
travel incentives, quarterly meeting, and the most enjoyable part of my work is to hit our target by the end of the quarter then when our boss came from Singapore they give us our bonuses
Highly political, poor development for jr employees
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAOctober 15, 2018
It's been 4 years since I worked there, but I remember that promotions were perceived as being based on relationships over merit. Several junior employees across functions (incl myself) were disillusioned with and disappointed by lack of career development and mentorship.
Company is a good place to work
Coordinator of Maintenance and Facilities (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
While there I learned a lot of different within facilities and was able to give back to the organization, The company merged with another company and most employees were given severance packages
Pros
Lunch, Perks
Cons
Job security
Freelance was great
Freelance Sr. Art Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2018
They paid freelancers hourly so my work weeks were almost always kept to 40 hours a week which is night and day from the average agency. This format also helped the full-time team manage timelines and expectations much more pro-actively and collaboratively.

Some accounts here can be a lot of fun and very rewarding, while others can be frustrating and thankless.
Pros
Welcoming and not high-strung
Cons
Clients can be restrictive
Loved the Culture
Art Director (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 31, 2018
Although the work was fun and the clients were great, one great factor of DigitasLBi was the culture. The culture was really fun and extremely friendly. There were always things going on and people to engage with. I met a lot of friends there.
fun but hard sometimes
Sr. Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 27, 2018
Great people. Small place. Needs more clients. Made moves to employee very young staff. Lots of changes in management. Enjoyed the shift in culture and work.
It’s a good place to work
Associate Creative Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2018
Particularly for those looking to develop new skills, DigitasLBi provides plenty of opportunities to learn and advance. The culture is better than most and most people offer constructive insights without too much BS.
Pros
Benefits, Work/Life, Salary, Growth, Career Development
Cons
Project scope drives too much of the (level of) work
suck
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 8, 2018
hated my time here. If you aren't in HQ your office will probably get ignored. Pray you are on a good client or else. Work/life will suck terribly as per most agencies.
A good place to start
Media Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2018
The people keep you coming back to work, not work or management. The teams are understaffed, clients are demanding, but the team made it for me! I promise that someone will leave within the first month of you joining any team (even HR)
Pros
$30 on Seamless if working past 7p
Cons
You are there after 7p almost all the time
great place to work
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 21, 2018
great training and the people here made this place amazing. work life balance could be difficult at times. direct management was very helpful. most enjoyable part of the job was being able to handle projects on your own and you received the credit you were due.
QA Manger (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2018
People are friendly but management often doesn't have a grip on reality. There is a lot of unnecessary moves that are an impediment to a productive work.
Pros
Good benefits, friendly work environment.
Cons
Lack of communication between upper management and employees
Digitas
Analyst, Strategy & Analysis (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 19, 2018
I worked here seven years ago. The office environment was good. The working hours were normal and the office location was in a nice location downtown.
Best Agency for Work Life Balance
Sr. Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2018
This agency does an amazing job of making employees have work/life balance. In the Philadelphia office, they have ad hoc events to build community among colleagues. For example, in November they have the Turkey Bowl, which is branded and has assigned flag football teams.

If you are a contractor/freelancer, you will be included in activities but it can take a long time to convert. A colleague was a freelancer for a year and had to fight to get converted. This appears to be independent of work quality and is tied more closely to management preference for team structure and constantly fluctuating budgets.
Pros
Cookies, good compensation
Cons
Changing priorities, unpredictable layoffs
Great People and Talent
Senior Creative Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2018
Overall this is a good place to work if you're passionate about the media / advertising industry. Be prepared to work long hours but the culture is great and so are the pay and benefits.
Pros
Free Food, Drinks, Good Culture, Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
A lot of hours, Work Life Balance
Good place to get your start
Media Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
You learn a lot - great place to start your career as you will learn the basics of media planning pretty quickly. Long hours and not the best pay however.
Great place to work, but there is NO job security...
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2018
The culture is great and the benefits are amazing. If you last long enough, because they are constantly laying people off, all the time. Even entire teams of resources are getting laid off (and in some cases just fired)
Pros
Benefits, vacation time, health plan
Cons
lack of job security
Coordinator of Maintenance and Facilities (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2018
Enjoyed the job culture and employees very fun place to work and management at the time was receptive to new ideas and assisting with implementing ideas
Pros
great work environment
Cons
better pay for the work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Digitas. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight