Dignity Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,202 reviews matching the search See all 1,205 reviews
St. Francis Hospital in Hartford, CT
PGY1 Pharmacy Resident (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 20, 2018
Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center in Hartford, CT was a great place to work at as a pharmacist. Management was particularly accommodating for their employees
Horrible!
Clinical Provider (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CASeptember 19, 2018
Don't bother with this company: cut-throat employees, no collaboration, harassment, physical violence. Worst of the worst!
Such a joke that they promote human-kindness a slogan!
Group Interview
Systems Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 19, 2018
It was successful. Many questions with different ideas.
I was well familiar with the department and its working expectations. Work well under pressure and deadlines.
Pros
Feel for others needs
Cons
To many people
People are very friendly
Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2018
The people at Dignity Health are great and very supportive. Everyone has been super welcoming and helpful. Management is very scattered and overwhelmed. Department has constant fire drills and it seems like everyone is going in a different direction.
Just another corporation.
Senior Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 16, 2018
The hospital In which I worked was a great place to work, until Dignity took over for CHW. My particular manager was biased when it came to workers in our department. Employee positions are being phased out, and they are fired and replaced with outside vendors, to save the hospital money.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Cost cutting measures
A great all around experience!
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 15, 2018
I worked at Dignity Health for the better part of a decade, and I have nothing but great things to say about this organization as an employer.

I've worked for several large healthcare companies, and Dignity Health was by far the one at which that I felt the most valued.
Challenging but satisfying
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Shasta, CASeptember 14, 2018
Loved working there. I want to work there again. It is stressful but rewarding. The people are great. Working for the patients and making their experience at our hospital was my goal. They are there because they are sick or hurt and they need an easy pleasant experience with compassionate interactions.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Stressful
Dignity Health at Chandler Regional Hospital- anchor of the East Valley
Nurse (Medical/Surgical) (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 12, 2018
Great environment to work,the staff is friendly and easy and fun to work with. The nurses work with true teamwork. Meeting new patients always a plus. Helping patients is rewarding. Benefits package well in line with 401K, tuition reimbursement and pension.
productive workplace
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 10, 2018
a busy radiology department but not stressful at all at the end of the day. management is always there as support. teamwork was made working fun at this facility.
Pros
scheduled lunch and breaks
Cons
parking
The organization strives to become one of the top employers.
Director of Laboratory Services (Former Employee) –  Sacramento County, CASeptember 10, 2018
Overall, the organization strives to become one of the top employers in the region/country. The company is mission-based employer and does practice its mission. There are charitable events sponsored that are in line with the mission.
very poor
RN (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 9, 2018
poor department management. Cutthroat and unethical behavior by some staff members. Very disappointing experience at Mercy Southwest facility. Would never go back there or recommend.
Great people, tough job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 8, 2018
The culture is very supportive and positive. If you are a generally positive person you’ll enjoy working here. The work is very difficult and grueling but your co-workers frequently ask if they can help you. Good team.
Stable, caring environment
Clinical Stroke Coordinator (Current Employee) –  NevadaSeptember 8, 2018
I work in a well respected place. My supervisor gives me the freedom to work independently most of the time. The pay is not as high as other institutions.
Pros
Caring atmosphere
Cons
Pay lower than other institutions for exempt (salaried) staff
Good
Cook (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 7, 2018
Good Place to work, nice people, good atmosphere and friendship with management and employees, friendly people nice place to work and advance in health care business
I want to stay within Dignity Health
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST II (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 7, 2018
I enjoy working for Dignity Health. It is my goal to maintain employment within Dignity Health. They have been a great employer. I believe in their mission and values.
Poor management
Application Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2018
poor management to much favoritism, did not treat everyone the same. Could not get ahead unless you were one the chosen ones. Management only cares about bottom-line.
Professional and fun workplace. Great employee and amazing management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 6, 2018
It is an amazing job. I have an amazing manager and really good company workers. We work together as a team and still have a little fun. Working with the patients is my favorite part about the job.
Pros
Cons
My commute
Good company to work for.
LVN (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CASeptember 5, 2018
The staff work closely together to provide excellent patient care and uphold the values of the company. The supervisors encourage feedback on how to improve customer service.
Barrows Neurological Rehab Unit was an awful place to work.
Rehab Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaSeptember 5, 2018
Dignity Health is an amazing company to work for. I just happened to work for an awful nurse manager in the Barrows Neuro Rehab Unit across the main hospital. She is very conniving and fake. Smiles to your face but will write you up and threaten you if you don’t do as she says. The nurses and techs are very unhappy but put up with it for the sake of their career advancement. It’s not worth the stress.
They do 9 hour shifts but evenings does all the showers and days does nothing. No communication and just not a good environment unless you’re fake and kiss butt all the time.
HR will not listen to your concerns.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management, mediocre pay
What We Stand For
Education Resources Coordinator - Admin (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 5, 2018
As far as I know the "Dignity Health" acquirement is not complete so we are still calling ourselves Centura, so I answer this survey as a Centura employee. The best thing about working for this company is the mission statement and that we are faith-based. There is a quality and standard of integrity that most of us adhere to and live on a daily basis. Even with the challenges, you can still come to work with a smile on your face and leave with one. I know that the lives I touch during the day are the most important thing that can happen whether it is something I do for or say to an employee, patient, student, visitor or vendor. I am able to allow my light shine through and everything I do and most of the employees are the same. When being spiritually healthy is allowed and even celebrated, it makes it easy to be productive as well as being willing to go beyond the norm to make others feel welcome and comfortable about choosing us for patient care.
Pros
faith-based
Cons
surprise changes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dignity Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight