Dignity Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,657 reviews matching the search See all 1,662 reviews
Too much focus on productivity, not enough on patient care
Utilization Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Dignity health Is more focused on meeting strict productivity goals which creates an unmanageable workload and a stressful work environment for employees.
great place
Certified Lactation Educator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 15, 2019
love the people in my department. very caring nurses. a place where I can discuss with my manager any doubts I may have. get supportive feedback from my peers
Excellent benefits, salary and culture but lacking upward mobility.
Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2019
Very positive patient focused organization with good salary and benefits. Lacks opportunity for growth and advancement in adminstrative areas as non clinicians.
Productive,fun,job security
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2019
I worked for the family medicine dept in phx,az.Patient care and co workers were amazing to work with. Benefits are amazing. The culture is great. Management is horrible. The supervisor for the dept would do anything to make you feel like you were in the wrong or incompetent. Their were days were I would get migraines from the the micromanaging that was done. If it was not for the hatred that the supervisor had for me or my work I would still be at my "forever" job.
Pros
Benefits, hours, culture
Cons
Bad supervisors
Multitasking Required
Application Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) –  remote workerJanuary 14, 2019
I work on a team that does application support. We do everything from creating jobs in the applications for the business units, to provisioning to upgrades. We also manage the on call incident tickets. This job is 24/7 as the software supports a hospital chain.
Pros
the pay is great
Cons
no real work life balance unless you are into missing deadlines
Wonderful Experience!
Volunteen (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 13, 2019
I loved being a Volunteen at Dignity Health. It was a wonderful volnteer program that solitified my desire to join a medical career. The environment was friendly and the staff was always very grateful for the extra assistance.
Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 13, 2019
Excellent and good environment , good people ... friendly and ready to learn and be friendly as well that everything that can be improving is initailized.
Pros
Good lunch
Cons
Health care
good company
Mor/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Woodland, CAJanuary 11, 2019
its had good benefits.untrained management.do not know what they doing.OTHER THAN THAT IT GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR. co workers are awesome.wages are fair.union is strong
Pros
health benefits, job security
You must be flexible in healthcare, situations change all the time
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 10, 2019
Most enjoyable part of the job is helping people every day. Personal growth occurs with every experience, you learn by teaching others the right way to do each step.
Daily Work
Interface Developer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2019
Dignity is a great place to work, BUT as a contract I was told 4 months to hire and after 6 months they let all contractors go. Lack of projects, which seemed strange because I had plenty of work.
A good work place
Voulenteer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Dignity Health is a good place to volunteer at, and I would definitely recommend the hospital to many other people. Also the staff are excellent people, no matter who is in the office that day.
Typical day
Telephone Operator/PFS Rep (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 6, 2019
Everyone very friendly Dr.'s, Co-workers. We all work as a Team called each other friend and helped each other no matter what. Very busy Orthopedic office. My bosses did not show favoritism at all with all employees.
Pros
Swipe our badge for lunch
Cons
Not a great place for new employees
Sr. Director (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJanuary 5, 2019
Management is closed minded and cut throat. If you are not a favorite, if you do not participate in group think, if you dont feel the need to praise your supervisor, or if you ever receive an accolade outside the organization that is our immediate supervisor hasn't or cannot receive this isn't the place for you.

This place is very hierarchal in that if a person is in a superior position they are always right.

Not a place for an executive looking to move up unless you already know someone who can act as your guardian angel.

Very jealous people.

Many of the workforce have been with the company due to the former pension benefits being pretty good. Most are miserable.

Management rules by intimidation. HR will not support anyone that complains even if it's constructive.

If they like you your fine. If not, it'll be a long, tough, stressful, ride. The are going through a merger and it is chaotic. Information is not being shared.

The pay is poor relative to the market especially in the Bay Area.

My advice is if you are and executive, to say away unless you have no other choice. There are much better opportunities, and much better organizations.
Pros
The mission is admirable
Cons
They dont follow the mission.
Love working here
Nutrition Liaison (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 5, 2019
I love working for this company great pay paid time off... Would’ve never left but since the other hospital was closing I was pushed out right before Christmas
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Laid off right before Christmas
Company empowers employees
Temporary Medical Assistant - Float (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 4, 2019
Employees help each other during all shifts. Great company to work because they pay well. Management can use some training especially HR. Room for advancement depends on the seniority of union employees.
Great people
Senior Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Henerson NV and Phoenix, AZJanuary 3, 2019
Great people and great place to work. Loved this company. Loved what they stood for and felt they took care of each other. Best company I've worked for to date.
Respiratory Therapist RRT (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 26, 2018
I have worked for other companies and so far Dignity Health is one of the best. Benefits are good, the work I do isn't overwhelming, management works with you and not against you, the work culture is good as well. I enjoy working for them and hope to continue on for as long as I can.
Hospital Review
Supervisor, Quality Management (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 26, 2018
Dignity Health was a very supportive organization, provided multiple opportunities for job advancement, hospital education, financial planning, retirement planning, emotional support, and education advancement.
Pros
great organization
Cons
so far from my family
I enjoyed working in health Care
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 22, 2018
The employees at Methodist hospital are rude and disrespectful. The patients are awesome and I enjoyed interacting with them. The job duties are not hard but the management team micro manages the workers.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
The people are rude and not sympathetic
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CADecember 19, 2018
Dignity in hindsight was a great company. having worked elsewhere now for a couple of years, it really opened my eyes to how great Dignity is.
The hospitals I worked for were team minded and competitive.
Pros
Great team atmosphere. great benefits. good pay.
Cons
seeing sick people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dignity Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight