Dignity Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,698 reviews matching the search See all 1,706 reviews
A wonderful career
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 25, 2019
Glendale Memorial is one of the best places to work, Employees with heart. I enjoyed my time there immensely. I joined the hospital in 1998, and left several times only to return. I finally left in 2016 after graduating from a psychiatric nurse practitioner program. If not for that I would have stayed until retirement. I miss my coworkers and medical staff.
Great company to work for
RN (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 25, 2019
Pros
great benefits
great management
employee recognition
Cons
very busy days
large hospitals float you to other units when census is low on your unit
Loved this place
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 24, 2019
Sorry I ever left dignity health. Of course there were a few bad managers but over all the experience of working for dignity healy's was amazing. Never the same thing and always moving.
Working at Dignity Health was to be productive.
Electronic Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 21, 2019
Working as an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) I needed to be productive transferring medical records from Allscripts to Cerner with no errors. It help me having medical experience.
Pros
DH would have special occations, employee appreciation day lunches.
Cons
Short lunches 30 minutes.
Friendly Environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 20, 2019
This is my first Security job and my supervisor and employees have been very supportive. They trained me well and willing to answer any questions. The management team has provided opportunities for growth.
complicates systems
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Redwood CtyMarch 16, 2019
I like the software EPICs, didnity hleath and still using olf technology.Im happy i started my other job. there is a lt of old people that come into that hospittal
Fantastic employer.
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAMarch 15, 2019
Dignity Health has wonderful benefits where I worked and the manager tried to provide an excellent work environment. The best pat of the job was interacting with the patients in a culture where there experience was important to all that worked there,
Benefits
Cons
Very rigorous work load
Priductive and fun place to work on the weekends
Physical Therapist (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85013March 15, 2019
The weekend staff was the primary team I worked with. Very positive and easy going group. Never felt pressured to add additional patients to my case load and had adequate time for documentation
fun working
Food Service Staff (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMarch 14, 2019
Hard place to work central verification always asking for more then you can do. Working in the main hospital is great. I was a food service worker for 5 year and I loved it. I got along with everyone from Dr, RN,CNA’s.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
30 mins break
Don't work for dis-organization
Director (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAMarch 14, 2019
Unfortunately, the amazing focus on marginalized populations is sullied by the mismanagement that is abundant. There is almost no leadership development or any work to retain talented people. Territorialism and silos abound.
Pros
focus on those most in need
Cons
poor management, poor fiscal management, sketchy compliance with CMS regulations
Great Place to work
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carmichael, CAMarch 13, 2019
Collaborative environment, great rehab team. Open door policy with management and lots of appreciation days with whole hospital involvement. Hours are flexible and benefits are great!
Pros
location
Cons
parking
Unstable/unsupportive work environment!
Director of community health and clinics (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 7, 2019
Repeated change in senior leadership in last five years has led to reactive and poorly thought through business and strategic decisions. Unstable and unsupportive hospital work environment. Hospital work culture is not alligned with stated work culture and values.
Pros
Dedicated hospital workers.
Cons
Hospital out of touch with its community/patients needs.
Stressful
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 7, 2019
Hard place to work central verification always asking for more then you can do. Working in the main hospital is great. I was unit clerk for a year and I loved it. I got along with everyone from Dr, RN,CNA’s.
Pros
Employees
I work in a busy ED
Registered Nurse Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 7, 2019
Working in the ED is very busy. There are a lot of missed lunches and breaks. Short staffed is almost the norm. The work ratio is not always followed. It also depends on what area you work in the ED. Front end is very busy, while in the back you almost always stick to your 4:1 ratio.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Many missed breaks, short staff
I enjoyed working for Dignity Health.
Steam Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 5, 2019
I enjoyed working for Dignity Health. Four stars across the board pretty much sums up all there is to say. There is a great deal of good people working there helping the community with all that they do.
Pros
It's a rewording place to work.
Cons
none really come to mind.
Excellent place to work
Community Health Integration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2019
Dignity Health is a great place to work. They provide outstanding benefits, great pay, flexible hours, and truly care about their patients. The workplace culture is amazing and they really stand by their values and morals.
It was good until they reorganized
Financial Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 4, 2019
Working here was actually ok. The accounting department was in my opinion overstaffed and struggled in doing their job each month. Working in finance I caught more that a few accruals that missed being reversed. People were clickish and not really open to new employees in terms of training.
Good at first but then...
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 4, 2019
Great company to work for been here for two years but after realizing that they don't really care about your safety is when its time to move on to something where you get paid well and are in a safe environment where they give you the tools to stay safe or keep other individuals safe.
Pros
Benefits are great!
Cons
Management doesnt care about his employees.
Contract work environment Great!
Analyst & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 3, 2019
Hired to train and implement new EHR. The work itself was not hard, getting the "shot callers' to make a decison was. Thoroughly enjoyed the people I met along the way and wouldn't mind working for them again.
Great Co-workers, and management.
Team Lead/ Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 27, 2019
Great place to work. Management is very responsive to request. You feel like part of a team with great co-workers. Medical benefits are great with great stock options.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dignity Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight