Dignity Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Incompetent management
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2018
The management is the reason I left this job. There is so much lost potential because of how the department is run. The poor communication leaves employees clueless most of the time. The lack of collaboration between employees and management results in resentment by employees. Overworked understaffed and under appreciated. That’s the feeling among many ex employees who finally moved on. Those who stay are hoping for change, but when? That’s the mystery.
Pros
Good pay, knowledgeable clinical staff
Cons
Incompetent management
Calm environment and friendly and helpful colleagues
Palliative Care Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJuly 13, 2018
A typical day of work here begins with a reflective pause in the morning with the spiritual care department follows by rounds in the morning in the ICU.

I learned that working here really gives me a space to reflect and to build working professional relationship with my colleague and other staff. I also think this is also a great environment where learning and asking questions are encouraged by the leadership as well as the supervisor.

The management style builds upon their motto Hello Humankindness which I have seen practiced on the daily basis. The work culture is effective, supportive, and building good morale. For this reason, there is very little turnover at Sequoia Hospital. The staff are genuine in their work and passionate about what they do here.
Pros
Free parking for employee
Cons
The food could be less salty!
The staff members I worked with made a great team!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2018
The staff nurses I worked with were team oriented and we were like family and supportive of each other. The director is an amazing person who truly cares for her staff. The assistant to the director was very uncaring of the staff and made it nearly impossible to get time off and enjoy the time off without the expectation of being available 24/7.
Pros
great staff
Cons
difficult to get time off work
UTILIZATION REVIEW AND QUALITY MANAGEMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAJuly 11, 2018
My days were generally busy, but fulfilling. The challenges presented were exactly what I needed. Management worked to create an environment that was friendly and supportive.
Pros
Supportive manager.
Cons
PTO had to be used to cover holidays off.
Great opportunity
Intern (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJuly 9, 2018
I was given the opportunity to deepen my interest in the medical field whilst also improving my work ethic and interaction skills. This will serve me well for a job in the medical field in the future.
Pros
Discounts
Values focused organization
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 7, 2018
Dignity Health remains true to its values and emphasis on human kindness. Human values permeates the work culture, providing a refreshing work experience.
Cons
Human kindness conflicts with competativeness.
Was a better place before corporate
Leader (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 7, 2018
Dignity Health has grown into a true corporation. While they flaunt their "Hello Humankindeness" the internal environment is different. Employees are not treated as an asset. "Hello Humankindenss" is used as a way for all kinds of departments and clinical personnel to get what they want, when they want it and how they want it no matter the cost to others. The union makes it difficult to term trouble employees.
Pros
Excellent benefits, initial pay and paid time off
Cons
Poor pay raises, true corporate attitude
great place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 6, 2018
Great vibe and awesome supervisors. i love being a part of a team and that the mission of dignity is valued and followed. This is a great place for new grads to start.
Productive and work hard to help patients.
LVN (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAJuly 6, 2018
"Hello Humandkindness" is the drive for this business. The patient is always put in front of the line and most of my coworkers always reach out to have a patient be helped out if they cant do it themselves. I am always striving to help the ones that feel nobody listens to them and make it better for them. My supervisors always have my back, and I support them when implementing changes and strategies to the team.
Great place
Manager - Materials Management / Procurement (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 5, 2018
Great place, great visionary leadership, wonderful place to work. Dignity believes in promoting from within which affords great opportunity. Work life balance and boundaries are important
The best place to work and with good mission statement
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 5, 2018
The best place to work but I can not work at Finance because my wife works there. My qualifications are for Finance jobs.

The company provides good medical, vision and dental benefits and
401 k match up.
Pros
The best place to work
Cons
Very fast paced, Excellent patient care experience
CNA and now RN (Current Employee) –  FHMC San Luis Obispo CaJuly 4, 2018
I have been a CNA here (french hospital medical center SLO) for 5 years. I just got my RN license and it has been a little slow getting transfered into nursing, however I cannot say enough about how well the dignity health systen has treated my wife(also an RN at french) and me.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Veryfast paced
Awesome place
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 3, 2018
I had a few personal issues and management went above and beyond to help me out with things I was struggling with! I do miss them tremendously! Thanks Chandler Lab!
Pros
Staff support
Cons
Benefits could have been better
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAJuly 1, 2018
Usually start 8 am with patients and phones. Typical day see 20 to 60 patients day with answering phones, checking patients in with usual daily receptionistbduties
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
My commute 40 minutes each way
Good place to work helping customers
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 30, 2018
Great place to work , free medical insurance for entire family .free lunch for all food service workers , vacation pay . Managers and food service director nice and friendly .
Pros
Pay vacation, food service workers eat for free .
Great
Patient Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2018
I am currently a volunteer here and enjoy the people. Everyone is helpful and eager to help you learn and develop in your own areas. Very good communication.
very stressful environment
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 28, 2018
The benefits and pay were great but i couldn't pass orientation because keeping your job depends on all your co workers, If any co worker complains about you it will cost you your job-and that is what happened to me.
Pros
benefits, great pay
Cons
bad environment to work in. rude management. very fast paced and overworked
management needs to work better with employees
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2018
no review
too many issues to state

this is stupid if i don't want to write more it wont let you put what you want you have to type more
and more until you hit the mark!
Pros
pay was good health ins was good
Cons
too many to state
Stressful and not flexible.
Medical Transcriptionist II (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 27, 2018
1. 8 hours of transcription a day.
2. Management very vague with answering questions.
3. Culture is of humankindness, but that usually only applies to the patient and not the employees.
4. Dealing with rude medical personnel.
5. I like transcription.
6. I've learned tolerance.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Management unwilling to flex work schedules according to workload.
Dangerous place to work lab never offered lab coats in lab
Phlebotomy Tech (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 27, 2018
Employee for a year was told I would be hired on manger has no clue what is going on in lab terrible place to work for would not recommend to anyone never again
Pros
Cons
Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dignity Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

40%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss