Dignity Health Employee Reviews

Dignity Health is a good place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2018
Dignity Health is a large scale health organization that is riding through a challenging period in the time of technology, government mandates and an aging insurer that is living longer than any have before.

If the opportunity came back, Dignity Health would be the first place that I would try to go back to. The work was challenging and across multiple states but the value for trying to perform the role required was possibly not the best situation to support but needed in the end.
Pros
Solid Leadership
Cons
Government Health Care is driving some of the decisions vs. open market
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 19, 2018
Working as a volunteer was tiring but very rewarding. Got to witness and assist with patient care and worked a typical 8 hour shift without pay. Hospital is a bit old, but staff was good.
It was where I got my LVN from.
Phlebo/LVN (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 19, 2018
Dignity a good place to work. Worked there about 15 yrs ago. Time flies.
You want to learn go to Dignity. You want a career go to Dignity.
Its a good place.
Human kindness, well they took me in.
Pros
Good pay, lunches great!
Cons
I left
Difficult place to work.
Operating Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 17, 2018
The workplace culture was not ideal. Physicians were verbally abusive and dealing with the Union was unbearable. The VP often used vulgar language and was very demanding.
Benefits
Cons
UNION! Dishonesty of Director of Perioperative Services
Very productive workplace
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 17, 2018
Dignity Health was a GREAT place to work. Learned alot about Home Health and Insurance. My typical work day consisted of coding and billing claims for proper reimbursement, following up on outstanding balances from claim that had not been paid/collections. Checking and verifying insurances for potential new members, obtaining authorizations, posting cash and others duties as requested.
No Dignity
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 15, 2018
Not much Dignity in the care...it's all about money before patients. Employees are asked to do more even if if the patient is not getting the best of care.
Great place to work! wonderful staff
Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 14, 2018
Wonderful hospital, kind staff and flexible working environment. Really focused on compassionate care and spreading kindness. Would recommend as a great place to work!
A good place to work with a good staff and co-workers
Director of Security/Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 14, 2018
I would walk the hallways going to every department making sure they were ready for the day asking if there was anything I or my department could do for them. I learned how to work under stress without stressing myself. There was a lot of good people working there that made me feel good about me and my department The hardest part of the job were those unexpected issues that arise a in large facility like Sequoia.
Pros
A good place to work with good people.
Cons
Business trends that dictate how a business is run.
The Dignity Experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAApril 12, 2018
Enjoyed the atmosphere of clinic location and the patients. Liked that we always celebrated birthdays, special occasions or potlucks.
Opportunity to learn new skills.

Typical front office: Greet Pt's. & arrive. Check eligibility, collect
co-pays and print half sheet with Pt. information for provider.
Check out Pts. Schedule any follow-ups.

Register new Pt's, copies, faxes, referrals, prescriptions for pick-up, reminder calls and scrub next days schedule.

My supervisor was great. My lead MA was professional and willing to help at any time.

Learned how to work the front desk and use GECB, program for front desk as well as Allscripts, HIE and CCAH for MA back office

Learned a variety of skills working in a family practice. Typical MA skills such as vitals, vaccinations, EKG, referrals, authorizations and in addition assisted providers with procedures. I was able to us my skills as a phlebotomist more and improved.

Was a busy practice and I was asked regularly to go to many locations because of staff shortage, so flexibility was important.
Benefits
Cons
Commute
great place
Unit Secretary/CNA Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 12, 2018
Working at dignity health (mercy gilbert medical center) was very enjoyable icu is a little tougher because your dealing with much heavier intensive care to the patients and theirs many mire orders and procedures to document and much more critical
Pros
Learn so much in Critical Care
Cons
Lots of Dictation
fun workplace
Phlebotomist and Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 11, 2018
very quiet and fun to work, just not enough hours to split with employee workflow, schedules were not organized. Staff is friendly and I enjoyed working there very much.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
3o minute lunches, horrible schedules, always short staffed
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 10, 2018
An excellent place to work. Gave me an opportunity to practice what I like which is float nursing. Will recommend any nurse to work for Dignity Health.
Wonderful place to work
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 10, 2018
Wonderful place to work. This company gives you an opportunity to grow by providing education and support. I highly recommend working for this company.
Union Hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAApril 8, 2018
I was treated very well by Dignity Health. There is a union contract for nurses which was helpful. Overall the management was great, benefits, pay and atmosphere was the best I have ever worked at.
Clueless management
Operating Room technician (Former Employee) –  SacramentoApril 5, 2018
This operating room is full of know it alls! Good luck trying to mesh with this fickle group! Favorites are played daily. The staff, vendors, and management is cut throat! This explains why they have had a posting for this position forever. Staff generally get away with breaking the rules daily, because management relies heavily on particular employees for feedback regarding job performance. You could be the best person and tech in the world and still not find contentment in this O.R. Apparently rudeness, ignorance, and an overall lack of human kindness is embraced at this facility! That being said.... There are some brilliant Surgeons that operate at Mercy General. Unfortunately their input regarding employees don't count. So....if you want to be a part of the clickiest group since highschool, by all means sign up!
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Rudeness, ignorance, lack of compassion and sincerity
Work assignments
Respiratory Care Practitioner II (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 3, 2018
Work assignments are fair and well balanced. I love working for Dignity Health and don't intend on leaving, they have provided a healthy work family.
Optum 360/Dignity Health
Senior Patient Account Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 2, 2018
Optum360 is a stellar company, has a great reputation and is a good company to work for. The company is very diverse in culture and offer great opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Opportunity for change or advancement
Cons
Poor health plan choices
Great work place
Senior Compliance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 27, 2018
Dignity health is a great company with great benefits and compensation.
Team I worked with was a team of remote workers but all worked as a team to get the work done. Communication was tough at times.
Manager was fair and worked with you to make sure your needs as a employee were met.
Pros
compensation
Cons
communication breakdowns
lack of encouragement to succeed from management
RN (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA 92404March 26, 2018
Salary was the most attractive appeal to work there; Management is non supportive and has many expectations for job performance without positive reinforcement or support.
Great Hospital to work for
Front Office and Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 21, 2018
Friendly co-workers and great hospital to work for. Hospital remodeled patient rooms, procedure room and maternity department. Opportunities to grow.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Salaries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dignity Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.4Fairygodboss Score

40%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.