Dignity Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,617 reviews matching the search See all 1,622 reviews
Great place to work, Lots of Humanity in the work place
Facility Director of Patient Access (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 15, 2018
This organization lives up to there Moto Human Kindness. They not only treat the patients with human kindness they treat there employees with compassion.
Pros
Treated to with much Dignity
Cons
no cons to report
Humankindness is Missing
Senior Program Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 15, 2018
Poor Senior Exec example of supporting Dignity Health Mission and Values. Senior Exec restrict advancement and bully.

Senior Leaders are powerless to act independent of corporate when choosing who to hire for their direct reports.

President/CEO unresponsive to raised concerns re senior executives.

Director Level Leaders lack resources or support and typically leave in 12 months maximum.
great company, management SUCKS
Medical Office Representative (Former Employee) –  southern californiaNovember 12, 2018
This was a great job with amazing people. But management is biased, unfair, and will target you if you speak up about unfair treatment. Everyone gets on board to get you fired. I was so stressed that i was leaving on medical leave when I couldnt take any more any quit
Pros
good physicians
Cons
Terrible management
Good for starting out for an learning experience
CNA (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 10, 2018
Very fast paced packed with excitement due to the learning experience. The case loads are heavy. It's a very clean environment and a great place to work.
Pros
Reasonable
Cons
Heavy loads
Great Place to Work
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST/EDITOR (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 7, 2018
Very fast paced and always learning something new. Friendly atmosphere and doctors and nurses are willing to help out when needed. I loved working here.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 7, 2018
Great place to work, very fun atmosphere. coworkers are great to work with and the supervisors are not breathing down your neck the whole time. i would refer mercy southwest hospital to anyone.
Review of Dignity Health
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 6, 2018
Dignity Health was a good organization to work at. I enjoyed and respected my former colleagues and manager. The works were challenging fulfilling.

Overall, I was happy working at Dignity Health.
Intern for Risk Management
Intern (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 5, 2018
I enjoyed helping patients get the appropriate care they needed when hospitalized. Being exposed in a hospital setting was the best part in working at Glendale Memorial Hospital.
Interesting adventure in healthcare.
Employee Wellness Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2018
Dignity Health provides a variety of experiences and opportunities. Like all large companies there are challenges. However, at a grassroots level staff are committed to the betterment of the communities they serve.
Mixed emotions for Dignity Health
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 3, 2018
After working for the company for nearly 2 decades, the culture shift was very noticeable as the years went on...and not in a good way either. Management veered away from their faith based values and acted more like a for profit hospital. Staff are incredible and truly do honor the values and Hello Humankindness that is preached. Can't always say the same for Management though.
Cons
Layoffs every year
N/a
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 2, 2018
My last employer was Memorial Hospital, located in Bakersfield, CA, is a part of Dignity Health. I do not wish to leave a review for my past employer at this time.
Rn
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 29, 2018
You are an employee number. The company became too large. Very impersonal. No one to talk to regarding problems. You are on your own. No positive reinforcement.
Good place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 28, 2018
Working here is less stressful than working in hospital. If you are wanting to experience a type of hospital setting this one is great. Getting to work with therapist, nurses, case management, nutritionist is great. Management could be better, but is improving.
wonderful place to work
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Woodland, CAOctober 28, 2018
Wonderful place to work with wonderful co-workers. Kind caring managers. patients get the best care. managers really care about the patients and the employees.
Great family work life balance
Patient Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 27, 2018
I communicate quite often with charge nurses on all units of whichever Dignity Hospital I am assigned to that day, as well as Administrative Nursing Supervisors of that hospital regarding staffing of units, discharges, procedures, surgeries, any projected direct admits or transfers coming in from the Transfer Center. I Go thru patients charts from the ED and units to ensure proper placement into units and rooms. Monitor and perform all transfers out of units, keep track and monitor rooms being cleaned. Assist in Behavioral Health placement of Mental Health patients as well.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
No available over time any longer
Great place to work!
Security Officer - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAOctober 27, 2018
Working various positions in the hospital made it for a very good time, The ER staff was very nice and friendly and the interactions with the public were always very good.
Pros
Interacting with people and great team - FREE HEALTHCARE
Nice place to work
Certified Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAOctober 26, 2018
I work for almost 15 years , I was very proud to be an employee for Dignity Health. Unfortunate at the end of my days of work , I have a hard time with the management ,also with some manipulated co-worked. I didn't have a choice to resigned. Plus I have a family issues.
Pros
No cements
Cons
No coments
Overall
Clinic Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAOctober 24, 2018
Overall good place to work. Expectations for management are very high, which is okay, but it should be accompanied by more admin help for management to do the things that management is way too overpaid to do.
Pros
Salary and benefits; humankindness
Cons
Not everyone lives by the mission; could improve on innovation
Dignity Health is a good place to work
Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 24, 2018
Research department sill developing so many processes and procedures are not finalized making certain parts of my role difficult.
Although employees are very well skilled, the multi-hospital setting made consistent work efforts very frustrating.
Pros
Good company
Cons
non-teamlike work atmosphere
overall great staff throughout the hospital
Laboratory Technician II/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAOctober 23, 2018
Dominican hospital has an incredible group of employees who really care about their patients and co-workers, because we are a close community there is definitely a lot of comradity amongst the staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dignity Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight