Dignity Health
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

Dignity Health Employee Reviews

Found 2,701 reviews matching the search
Depends on what department you work in. The department I was in was okay. Would recommend trying different departments. If you plan on becoming a nurse this is great.
Management is horrible which affects clinics, patient care seems like the last priority. There are no parking offered for staff, no holiday pay unless you have pto, no room for growth. No support in educational goals. No gratitude for employees. Management retaliation. I would not recommend to anyone
Pros
Co workers, patients, providers
Cons
No parking no paid holiday no room for growth no education support
Dignity Health is great to work for it can just be stressful at times. I mean over all my experience was great I would just recommend to not get hired by a temp agency.
The company has great benefits but it is very difficult to get promoted. There are a lot of long term employees there but too many cliques. Some leaders in HR are not qualified but keep their executive jobs because they've been there so long.
Pros
culture
Cons
pay and advancement
Great benefits and competitive pay depending on the area you are getting into. The environment is what keeps me here as of now. The people really do care ❤
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Fellow staff are family. Management so so. Benefits good. CNA union. Excellent cardiac and OB. Lacks quality primary care doctors. Most are older. But over all I miss it. Worked there 27 years. No 8 hour shifts in most departments
Floor staff are great team!! Unit management (current) another story, can’t believe how often they contradict themselves, will say anything to anyone who questions any decision will blame others in upper management for her decisions.
It was wonderful to work with colleagues that really love their job and love caring for others. Educational opportunities were available for all. Great team work
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
No cafeteria for night shift workers
Don’t expect anyone to be professional towards you. Sadly, my guess is because this is a union position, employees feel entitled, especially long timers. Approaching the manager did not work, so next step is HR. No support whatsoever, and the best they can do is say, that is the way it is.
Pros
Holiday pay, free meals during the holidays
Cons
If census is low, employees get flexed.
Overall a great crew and caring management. I like how there is a helpful culture there. Also the different disciplines work well together. The hospital is always striving to make the patient experience better.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long wait on change
I have worked for Dignity seven years. I have worked at different hospitals. Nurses are greatly admired and taken care of. As they should be. EVS and Nutrition are the bottom of the barrel. Administration has no interest in knowing anyone below a tech job. Management is a wild card. I've worked with two great manager/directors. The other 8-10 of them were a real life nightmare. If the current Director/Manager have a personal agenda, there is nothing standing in their way. Human Resource department is strictly in favor of the company. There is very slim chance of advocacy for any employee seeking help or guidance. If you need a way to get your foot in the door for another career choice, that is the only way I'd suggest working for Nutrition, EVS, transport,
Pros
Pto, pay, bonus
Cons
Management, human resource dept.
High stress environment, high turnover of nursing staff and management, low pay, lack of management support. Pension plan offered but other benefits decrease each year. Encouraged to smile and not bring up anything that can be viewed as negative - such as lack of working equipment.
Pros
Pension plan.
Cons
Low pay. Very high nurse turnover.
The management wasn’t fair at all everyone there has favoritism and there’s no room for growth. Management is one sided and they don’t care about you and your personal life
Very good salary and benefit. The company provide pension. Provide uniforms. A lot of aggressive mean patients. Often code gray. A lot of pressure to nurses
Pros
Salary
Cons
Often short staffs
I enjoyed the environment it was good. I enjoyed interacting with the patients and staff was very positive. It was a team environment and everyone got work done. I would recommend
The staff is amazing! I have never worked in a place, that has such a culture of caring for each other! You will never walk down a hall without someone telling you hello, or have a great day! Everyone is always spreading positivity!
Pros
Breaks, Free Parking, Free Benefits, Free Uniforms
Cons
Schedule Changes can be random
It was a work from home job so it was great working in the comfort of your home especially with the pandemic going on...................................
The staff at this facility are great. Unit is like a family and open to questions, offering information, and teaching a new nurse. The work life balance is not in tact though unfortunately. Working 5-6 days per week, 8 hour shifts with 3 days on and only 1 day off. The med surg units are fast paced, high acuity, and just very sloppy. Too stressful for me. 8 months in and I am burned out like most of the other staff.
Pros
supportive team
Cons
no work life balance, heavy schedules, understaffed
Good company. Management treats employees fairly. Union environment protects poor employee performance and promotes "just enough" work ethic. Union is aggressive but unreliable.
Pros
Mission driven
Cons
Union environment promoted mediocrity
Good work experience, but stress level is incredibly high at all times. Great supportive coworkers on multiple shifts, staffing is always getting it wrong.
Decent pay and good benefits and lots of really great people, but if you're not hired into management initially, chances are you'll never get there. Very few opportunities for professional/career growth and/or development - unless you want to do it on your time and your dime. Organization is laying off low-ranking employees but hiring more directors and VPs than you can shake a stick at. Absolutely no loyalty. If you don't meet some arbitrary litmus test or liked by one of the newly hired executives, you're out, regardless of how long you've been there. No Humankindness. If you're an executive and/or a clinician, then you're golden, and treated very well. If you're not, you're not.
Pros
Good medical benefits and 403b with some matching employer funds
Cons
No career growth or professional development
  1. Employee Reviews