Dignity Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,906 reviews matching the search See all 1,914 reviews
Hypocritical and unsupportive
Medical Office Lead (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 19, 2019
They don’t help new moms at all. Managers gang up on you and make it so that you’re not comfortable speaking to anyone about anything because somehow everything becomes a problem. I was constantly harassed but never represented correctly by union because they were never available. Union just takes money out of your check and doesn’t deliver on promises. Extremely micromanaged here, regardless of how excellent of a employee you are. Favoritism is off the charts. Only sorta good thing is pay and health care is 100% covered.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Pto
Patient care Support (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 19, 2019
Awesome pay in California, the benefits are remarkable. Great company to work for, supportive co workers and management. Opportunity to move upwards in career and educational opportunities.
Nursing burnout a real possibility here
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Second FloorOctober 19, 2019
SJMC in Stockton is a very busy hospital that has a complicated patient population with multiple co-morbidities. The normal patient load per nurse is 4, and because SJMC doesn't have CNAs, the nurse must do it all: assessments, med passes (which can be very heavy depending on which floor you work on), answering call lights, bathing patients, changing patients, feeding patients, dressing changes, ambulating patients, admits, discharges, and of course, charting. Because the hospital is regularly understaffed, it is not uncommon for the charge nurse to have to take patients, leaving the staff nurses on their own. Often, units will not have a secretary, or they will have one secretary bouncing between units, so the nurses are then also responsible for answering the phones and passing and collecting food trays as well. It often seems like an insurmountable amount of work for one nurse and many days, despite staying late, you still still go home feeling like you didn't do well and weren't able to do enough. You might be a wonderful and ambitious nurse who is willing to work well and hard, but the lack of sufficient staffing at this hospital makes it very hard for nurses to do their jobs well or feel successful.
Pros
They hire new grads, you'll get thrown right in and receive a lot of hands-on experience, competitive compensation compared to other Stockton facilities
Cons
You will be overworked and stressed out
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse/ICU/Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 18, 2019
I enjoyed my working years at Mercy. The people, staff, co-workers, doctors, all interdisciplinary teams are supportive of each other. Departments on the nursing units had holiday parties for everyone to enjoy. The overall working environment was very friendly and you feel a sense of being part of one big family.
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cooperative Staff, Flexible hours & a proactive Manager
PICC Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 17, 2019
I have worked intermittently for Dignity health since 9/2010, first at MSJ, then St.Francis, now back in Sacramento and truly have had great support from co-workers and managers who valued my PICC experience/work ethics.
Pros
Over-all, a Positive work environment
Cons
Slightly understaffed at times
Authorization specialist II
Review authorization for hospital inpatient and outpatient stay. Enter in the system or billing purposes. Insurance verification for inpatient and outpatient stay. Contacting Health plan vor authorization and verification. Explaining patient for deductible and co-insurance.
The Wymark location had a bad reputation for growth for M.A.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAOctober 15, 2019
The office I worked at demonstrated an office where there was no accountability for bad actions and good actions were not rewarded.This office had bad mismanagement
Terrible leadership
Director of Security and Emergency Management (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 14, 2019
They dont want you to identify risks, they prefer to ignore them or avoid the leadership prefers individuals that follow not lead..........them..........................................
........

......
Great Company
Certified Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 14, 2019
I did not work closely with this company or have a lot of experience with working in this area of the company. I was just an intern and helped out with the specific department I was tasked with helping.
Busy yet rewarding work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 12, 2019
Friendly staff who is willing to be helpful in any capacity.
Flexible work hours where you can choose your own schedule.
Positive work environment overall.
Cons
poor parking
Great job but poorly managed
Registered Nurse, Labor & Delivery (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAOctober 11, 2019
I have worked for Dignity Health for 20 years and over the years it has declined as a place to work. Not enough staff and we miss our breaks on a routine basis. Working 12+ hours without a break is not a healthy environment.

I do love taking care of obstetrical patients. We have a great group of nurses and doctors that I have thoroughly enjoyed working with. I like the small community feel of our facility. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping a family bring a new baby into their lives. It's very rewarding. I also love all of the teaching I get to do in this position. The hardest part of my job is when I'm watching a baby on the monitor that isn't showing good signs of adequate oxygenation. This can be very stressful.
Pros
Great health benefits and a great team of nurses and docs
Cons
Missed breaks for short staffing, no part-time positions available
Caustic work environment and obnoxious scheduling.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 11, 2019
They tell a lot of stories about benefits that you have for this employer, but as you continue you find that they are only stories. If you try to career advance by taking a class they will change your schedule to block you. They have a cute option that allows you to make your own schedule. This is just as effective as writing a letter to Santa without letting your parents see it prior to mailing it. The majority of the time they will schedule one day on one day off, no matter what you ask for. Even people that have been there for sometime have to try and trade days with other staff in order to get a day off to go to a doctors appointment that was requested months in advance. Management will tell you to give unconscious full code elderly patients PRN narcotics, then upper management will ignore you when you attempt to report it. One of the stories that they tell you is all of the mandatory work at home classes are paid many take 12 hours or more to accomplish, this was a fantasy bedtime story I found. Other stories are patient ratios, a union that does anything, and you will be allowed to transfer for retention. All of these are simply stories. The pay is nice and for a positive if you have a lot of debt you will be able to pay it down quickly as you wont have a chance to do anything fun that may cost money while working here.
Hospital runs with employees' understanding and care for patients
Sonographer Intern (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAOctober 8, 2019
Productive, friendly and proficient place to work with co-workers whom are excellent at team work. During my internship, my preceptor was extremely patient and worked with me through all challenges I had. The workplace culture was like a family, that everyone cared for one another.
My most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients and providing kindness and enhancing their satisfactions.
Humankindness???
Physician (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 7, 2019
Dignity does a reasonable job of patient care, but as a physician I felt like an insignificant piece of meat. The MA’s and nurses have far more say in how things are run than the doctors.
Pros
Having trouble with this one.
Cons
Poor management at all levels but especially upper level.
Great patients but not management
Patient Transport Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 4, 2019
Awesome patients and people but alot of trouble which becomes stressful everybody talking about everyone. Nevertheless, I miss the patients overall the pay was ok but could of been better of lack of employees and stress. It's better than minimum wage but management needs to more professional and treat employees right.
Pros
Great benefits and opportunities for advancement
Cons
Stressful environment and horrible management
Security
Security (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 4, 2019
Don't work there. Management is poor and likes to make up their own rules and laws on the fly. If you want to work for a place that won't fire you for doing the right thing then look somewhere else.
Director
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 3, 2019
Great place. Good people. Benefits are great. Salary low. Really enjoyed all the education that took place with management, executives, even with residents. Felt privileged to be a part of the team.
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Hyde streetOctober 3, 2019
Great culture
Team players
Also great management teams
I am a lead cook there so responsible
For cooking for am cafe and tray line
The hospital has high startards and a great place to learn food
Enjoy working here
RN PACU (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 3, 2019
Management is great, great environment. Would like more benefited options for those who cannot work fulltime. Great teaching and advancement oppurtunities
Great Team Spirit
Project Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 2, 2019
Working collaboratively with my {former} team, the culture was positive attitude, constantly striving for excellence and improvement.
The difficult part was not having control of my destiny within the organization based on decisions due to merger.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dignity Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

40%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss