Dignity Memorial Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Company
Family counselor service (Former Employee) –  CanĂ³vanas Municipio, PRApril 10, 2018
Honestly was a good experience, I learn a lot and my co-workers they are incredible, a bunch of experience in the business. At last my manager was blast, I'm still learning for him, a great man, a great human being.
Pros
learning, salary, comissions
Cons
streess
Big company with no leadership
Pre-planning Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 8, 2018
We worked with 3 managers in less than a year. Our team as it was 6 years ago does not exist. One by one members kept leaving, mostly because of lack of good leadership and no management.
Too many efforts to reinvent the wheel when things were working well. Lost too many good people with years of productive service because of the attitude of the leaders at the top. Teams in Orlando and Tampa are dissolving. You walk into a funeral home and they are all doing clerical work! It is sad because the foundation for this company was solid and it set the Company aside from the rest. But too much micromanagement dissolved what used to be an energized and productive team! No one trust anyone and they. Brought in one manager after the other with attitudes and standars that were not align with the Company. Now there are not enough Funeral Directors, or pre- need advisors to help at Funeral homes and ushers for the services. It is really a sad situation.
Pros
Services and reputation
Cons
No real management
Not a fan
Family Services Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLApril 6, 2018
Poor management onsite. Only cared about sales/quotas. NO work-life balance. Next to no administrative support. Family service counselors are over-worked & under appreciated.
Ppa
Pre-Planning Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 22, 2018
This is sales. If you can work on your own and even sell ice to an Eskimo than this is the job for you. You can't count on management really even though they may say they are for you. Everyone is looking out for their numbers and to get paid. Also, tough business. You become the reminder that we all die someday and may even come across greedy trying to make a sale off of that or someone's loss. It can become overwhelming.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
everything else really...
Pre-Arranged Funeral Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 10, 2018
A typical day consists of prospecting, sales presentations and closings. I have learned about the Funeral Industry. Management is motivating, provide extensive training and support. The culture is competitive but very supportive, everyone is willing to cover for one another and provide assistance when needed. The hardest part lead generation and the most enjoyable is getting to know the incredible families we serve and knowing that we have helped them protect their loved ones.
Pros
Working with the families and the culture
Cons
lead generation and development
Rewarding Work, Great local Management and Training however...
Family Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 5, 2018
The location I worked at was great. The GM and Sales manager were the best. Loving and caring and very supportive. It's the upper management that is the hard thing to get around at times. SCI, sudden change imminent. Policies would change month to month, and they wouldn't adjust monthly goals. The location I worked at was at one time a very high volume location. However, SCI does not advertise in any way. Our competitor down the road offered the same packages and cemetery estates as we did at half the cost. Also, they did radio, TV and billboard advertisement. We lost several deals to them because families simply just drove down the road. The DM product is amazing and has a lot of great features. I found a job that paid me 5x the commission to sell the same Dignity Memorial Products with no corporate politics.
Pros
Discounts, Pto, training
Cons
work life balance, small commissons compared to the rest of the industry, no markerting support
I cannot recommend working for this company
Family Services Counselor (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 18, 2018
General Sales Manager micro-manages employees with passive-aggressive tendencies. Commission structure is very confusing. Additional non-sales work is expected of sales staff that results in no compensation. Best way to think of this job is a typical retail sales job where working weekends and holidays are expected.
Pros
Some co-workers are very nice and caring
Cons
Long hours, expectations to perform at 120% of goals, dirty office that is severely outdated and full of dust.
Management needs an overhaul
Funeral Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Loved working with the families, hated working for this company. Very cut-throat. Management does not really care for their employees and are only interested in the bottom dollar. There is absolutely no sense of job security what so ever.
Good Company
Customer service representative/marketing (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJanuary 10, 2018
It was a good company, and very professionally run. There was some confusion between different departments. The Lead Generation Program could be improved.
Pros
nice telemarketing office, able to take break, vending machines, location, nice coworkers, close to cemetary properties
Cons
Building older needed some fixing, sometimes were present
Options for Growth
Family Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 9, 2018
Overall, I've found Dignity Memorial to be a good company. The employees are very nice. In some positions, there is a lack of personal time and time off. Employees are forced to work more than they should because they need to hire more employees in some positions. Sales can be good, but it is commission only. For the amount of support yo provide to the rest of the team, I think this is unfair. It is a corporation so there is a demand to sell more and more. This puts stress on managers who put stress on employees.
Pros
good staff, welcoming, security
Cons
overtime, work weekends
Poor Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  NVDecember 14, 2017
The management here are non people relationship. They never follow up and will speak the facts on subjects. Not a place for Work/Life Balance, Job Culture, and no Management skills or people skills.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Hard work but good company
PRE-PLANNING ADVISOR/FAMILY SERVICE COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 6, 2017
As with all big companies they can be a bit scattered but GREAT people! A lot of time on the phone. You need to be comfortable with cold calls and families that are grieving.
great workplace
pre planner advisior (Current Employee) –  Newhall, CANovember 30, 2017
Great Job but is not for everyone. Its a sales job. if you sell you get paid but if you don't sell you don't get pay anything... Managers are great. This job gives you a lot of flexibility.
Pros
The potential to make a lot of money is there but you really have to work extremely hard.
Cons
Its hard to get ppl to acquire cemetery and funeral services. Nobody wants to talk about death
Middle management very cutthroat
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Orange County, NYNovember 29, 2017
Money always an issue with msnagement always pushing to up sell . Middle management hardly ever listen to staff about improving location appearance very clicking as well
Pros
Vacation time and benefits
Cons
Middle management
best job i ever had
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoNovember 7, 2017
I Love working for dignity memorial in Puerto Rico I learned and grew from the esperinces and the help of my team I was sad when I moved to Florida but thankfull I spend 6 yrs with this company
Great company to work for
Sales/Family Service Counselor (Current Employee) –  Colleyville, TXOctober 11, 2017
Moved from the Ft. Worth,TX market to the Lexington, SC market probably the biggest mistake I made. Was making good money there, going broke here. The management is awful here compared to Texas.
Great commission but no advancement
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 26, 2017
Sales culture, only paid off of commissions but there are many other aspects of job that you must fulfill. No sense of camaraderie amongst sales representatives.
Not for all people
Family Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXAugust 21, 2017
My coworkers were great to work with. Always busy trying to find the next sale to meet very high quotas. Very little training and the work environment was something I couldn't never really get used to having dead bodies everywhere.
Pros
Benefits and incentives
Cons
Environment, training was horrible, everyone was always to busy to help train me
Easy Going
Funeral Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 17, 2017
Work would always be relatively similar but it also a bit different. Going to different chapels and different cemeteries. I learned how to adjust to all the families. It is a lot of standing around without doing nothing.
Provides services for families in need
Family Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 14, 2017
Dignity Memorial provides pre planned funeral arrangements for families and also does funerals and cemetery arrangements for people in need. The upper management seems to be focused too much on maximizing profits and too little focused on the families being serviced.
Pros
Opportunity to help people and be compensated
Cons
High turnover