Dillard's, Inc.
55Below average

Dillard's, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States7,482 reviews
Found 7,482 reviews matching the search
I thoroughly enjoy working with people at my job. I feel like it has been good to me and I have learned a lot. I do my job very well , however and do not feel like there is much more room to progress. I am a single mother and this job is not flexible enough for me in these times.
Pros
We get gratis from time to time
Bad management. Some of the dept managers are horrible jealous liars. If they are intimidated by you they will slander your name to upper management
I became the master of my own sales bonuses, was able to learn product and share knowledge with customers. Build a rapport, and have returning customers. I made several friends with customers and associates, my overall work experience was amazing awesome
New everyday, just keep in minde who your working with and the people you talk to, at the end of the day it’s the most sales a person does to make them superior
Pros
%25 off everything you buy, all benefits with credit from dillards
Cons
Short break, people selling your sales, lost of gossip
they need compassion and the need remove the sales goal
you work unnecessary hours during the holiday. the owners would come to visit wouldn't say a word to employees.,
Pros
pay period
Cons
every things else
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
It's a good place to work if you like meeting gpeople and shopping. Provide vacation and health insurance. Sometimes the hours can be draing and things can be boring but coworkers make up for the down time.
Pros
25% discount
I got hired in December 2019 and just got fired today almost at the end of my shift. Unjust work environment, they care more about money than employees, unwilling to work with your availability, you almost have to fight/argue for it. Not that diverse, I was the only black person in my area and my manager of the area started to become a bully and treating me like a slave. The pay is good but they will fire you if you don't meet you quota like we're not in the middle of COVID. They don't care about anyone but themselves and the money coming in. Management needs to be fixed, corporate is so focused on money coming in they fail to see that management in the stores sucks. The rather fire you than work with what you have going on. You have to be ALL ABOUT Dillard's, like it's your life. Run from this company you won't last long, you'll either quit or get fired.
Pros
Hour lunch, starting pay
Cons
Management, respect, teamwork, all about money, everything
When I joined, I got very excited because they offered a week of training, which I thought would mean that the company really cared about the employees.
However, after that, things went downhill. Every department had ladies that had been there forever and were like sharks, and management would set ridiculous daily goals. Oh and you have to dress super nice at that wage.
Having stayed 10 years with the company, I can attest that it is a very good fit for someone who loves to sell and can stay motivated. People who are a good fit have a positive outlook, a desire to meet new people, and a drive to sell and earn money.
Pros
Paid time off, fun work environment, easy selling
Cons
Being cooped up inside all day
They dont want you to mingle with other depart When you are right across from eachother, its weird, some managers are biast. Dont get comfortable with managers and try to avoid gossip
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Helicopter management
On a typical work day at Dillard’s. I would open and count all the drawers in my area. Open dressing rooms and welcome customers in to shop. On a day to day basis one of my main goals was to open as many credit apps as possible.
This job was the answer to my prayers and then some. Co workers were like no others before or since but that job ended to give me my job of dreams. Ability to pick up no show shifts! Also the notice of another dept manager, whom worked for cosmetics, which is employed by that specific company not Dillard’s. Requested I have a transfer to work under those same conditions meanwhile my current supervisor was not approving the move! She has a great team and could not bare to separate us, starting with me or ending with me, I was a person. I had merit. I thrived.
Pros
Friends forever, knowledge still use today
Cons
Pay was extremely competitive all while dancing around the word “ commission”
The management here was never there to listen to some problems I had with my coworkers. I tried to be professional and get management help to find a solution to my problem but they never gave me the time of day and when they finally did I was throw to the back burner.
Cons
I unloaded trucks and scanned the boxes to put then in orders. I would add p.o. numbers into the computer sone times. After the ordered were put together I would move them to where they go.
Pros
Production pay
Cons
They could of done better looking out for the employees
I loved working here. Great people and huge company and room for growth. I personally didn’t really like the location at the Provo mall. It is extremely slow and not a thriving location
New Merchandise is a top priority to sell , also calling our customers is a good way to gain a close relationship with them. Dillards inc is known for very high quality shopping for customers.
The company is amazing, you get to run your own area handle everything your self. The only thing I did not like we had to reach a sales goal to keep the job. They pay is great, and discounts . You will always have a great experience at work. I really wish I could go back
Pros
Hour lunches, great parking, monthly schedules
Cons
Reaching a sales goal then if you don’t you get fired that’s not cool
I love working at Dillard’s and the employees there was very welcoming! Very productive and fun, chill, and fast pace environment. Managers really taught me and prepared me for my field of work.
Typical work day consistent of the opening and morning counts.
I organized my floor and displays.

Morning meeting then we proceed with the goals for the day.
Pros
Warm working environment.
Being a seasonal worker most days are easy, but the weekends are constant work and restocking. Most of the older or employees that have been with the company longer stay behind the register, while all the new or seasonal workers have to continue fixing the place and stocking. Management made it difficulty to schedule around so if you have school or other responsibilities this may not be the job for you.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Scheduling, bad distribution of work load
Think twice before applying, the company culture is heavy and oppressive. Under that store's management I found it very difficult to grow professionally and creatively.
Pros
N/a
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dillard's, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
1.7K
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight