DILLEN PRODUCTS Employee Reviews

OK place to work
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Middlefield, OHMarch 21, 2018
Dillen is an ok place to work. There is an extremley high turn over due to the 12 hr shifts .There isnt alot of room for advancement .But the work is quite easy. there is alot of favrotism.
Pros
breaks easy work
Cons
low pay
This company is not employee friendly
Blowmold supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHOctober 20, 2017
The work atmosphere is similar to junior high school competition. The management does what's best for them rather than what's good for the company and or employees. I have seen it go from a privately owned successful company , to going through 2 purchases by large corporations which slowly dropped quality losing business, offering bonuses to department heads for minimizing bottom dollar costs without regard to the cost to the longevity and quality of the company. Left on poor terms due to promises made at my most recent stint there not being fulfilled.
Cons
No paid benefits or pensions. Bottom of the pay scale for the job duties in company comparisons.
Micro-management
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Middlefield, OHAugust 16, 2017
The current managers micromanage the supervisors to the point of wanting to walkout. It's all hours of the night. Too much is expected with the little we have to work with.
Awful place to work
Assembler/Trainer/QC (Current Employee) –  Middlefield, OHJune 29, 2017
I have been with this company for may years they show no respect to employees treat everyone poorly. there is no compensation for hard work and those that don't work hard get away with it. no rules no employee compensation no employee perks nothing but a sweat shop. Management is horrible and lazy. The work is hard and the employees are under paid. DO NOT APPlY THERE >
Pros
you can always get in due to the huge turnover
Cons
terrible place to work -poor pay rate
Hard at work running 3 presses
Packer (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHMay 31, 2017
Dillens was a great place. Was hard at times & very busy. I'm a hard working girl but I loved it. I'm hoping I can find something like that again. I love factory work.
Pros
Pot luck for kunch
Cons
2 15 minute breaks & one 20 minute for lunch.
My opinion on Dillen Products
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHApril 15, 2017
You did the same thing as the day before,the supervisors and managers were really nice. The hardest part was when you had too carry the boxes up the ladder and stack them certain ways. There wasn't any specific reason I liked working at Dilllens except to make money and pay bills. I learned that if you want to make money you have to be willing to show up and do work everyday.
Pros
You get to meet new people.
Cons
The breaks went too fast.
Very busy company very fast pace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHApril 8, 2017
A company that cares about there employees
It gets very hot in summer time very fast pace within the jobs it self very decent company great wages and benefits
Pros
During summer they give out free popcicles to keep cool in the hot factory
Cons
Decent breaks good food machines alot of water coolers
productive and job security was there
Tow Motor Operator / paint line technician (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHMarch 13, 2017
I worked in the mold room repair garage where they cleaned up and repaired plastic injection molds for production and i was the shop forklift driver. Loved all the coworkers inside the shop and developed a nice family bond while I was there.
Pros
Benefits, workers, job dependability
Cons
standing on concrete all night stationary sometimes
its a job.
Temp (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHFebruary 13, 2017
The job is easy, depending on what department you get sent to. Though staff and management are VERY unorganized. I understand why this place has a high turnover rate
They are going places
Material Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 22, 2016
One of the best places I ever worked for, simply amazing but it is still a factory so you will have to get used to that environment. Feels like your working with real people who genuinely care about their jobs. They WILL help you every chance they get, car broke down? they have your back, no gas money? they'll cover it, safety concern? taken care of. Pay complaint? no problem.
Pros
Cons
None, basically, just hard to get to
I enjoyed working here
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHOctober 25, 2016
I got along with the my co-workers and I was a fast worker. I always did my job correctly and was never told I was doing anything wrong. My only problem with the job was that they changed the hours at the department I was working in so they no longer needed me.
Good people and work environment. Lack of necessary equipment and career growth.
Print Operator (Current Employee) –  Middlefield, OHJune 28, 2016
A typical day at Dillen usually involves running one of the many machines in the Branding department that desperately required repair or new parts yet never get them. Some days can be easy with no major problems then the next day can be full of issues that could easily be fixed if we had certain parts.
very good work enviorment
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHJune 26, 2016
everyday was a learning experience, and the staff was very easy to get along with. the management was very encouraging . have never liked working at a place more
Unfair work place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHJune 17, 2016
It's not about how well you work or how long you have been there.
They play favorites and the point system is against you. Any temp can be sent home at any time. The job is easy as long as you can pay attention to what's going on. The best part is that if you want to learn something all you have to do is ask your operator.
Pros
Close to fast food
Cons
NO job security
Very hard work.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHJune 2, 2016
This job is overall good. Requires alot of running. Pay was not good enough for amount of work done.The employees were ok. The management not so great .
Boring and Slow
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHFebruary 24, 2016
You're assigned 2 to 3 presses a shift. Shifts were 12 hours with 2 15 minute breaks and 1 20 minute break. My co-workers were great. We all helped each other out. Management was helpful at times. The job really had no difficulties.
Cons
short breaks
gets a bad name
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHFebruary 22, 2016
Dilllions gets a bad name to work at by a lot of people but in all in all its not a bad place to work at. As long as your on your job and don't wonder around or pass a lot of bad parts you have a job there.
good people
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHJune 19, 2015
It was a nice place to work. just a lack of training. i did learn a little bit more than i already knew. i would work there again. the only issue was the drive it was a good distance from my house
productive
Laborer (Former Employee) –  middlefield ohioJune 17, 2015
i didn't like the temp service for this job. i would get to work and be sent home because of over staffing. I hated to drive so far. it was a easy job stacking and packing flower pots.
Pros
over staffing
Cons
always had hours and overtime
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHMay 20, 2015
Dillen Products was an established organization that allowed their employees to be productive, and hardworking. Though I do not approve of some of the rules, they are set in place to keep Dillen Products an engaging place to work.