Dillon Logistics Inc. Employee Reviews

drivers run the show
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 9, 2018
you have to make the drivers happy and if you don't, they will have you fired. because they could do what they wanted and not what was needed. management does not back you up
Bad place
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Elmendorf, TXOctober 26, 2018
Just a bad place worked there over a year. One low level staff member ran whole place. It was not a good place to work. Lots of favoritism which didn't turn out well. Also, lot of nepotism.
Pros
Cons
No breaks
Truth not told
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mc Cook, ILOctober 25, 2018
Another one of those trucking companies that tell you what you want to hear to get you in the door. I lasted through training and about 4 hours with another driver... Everything the company told me was the opposite of what the driver explained and what I experienced. The pay ,the hours ,the type of work, and the equipment we're all made to seem better than the actual job was. Though I would not recommend this job too more experienced drivers, ultimately it is a job and you will get a paycheck.
Pros
Wasn't there long enough to experience any
Cons
Hours, pay, type of work...
Great pay if your ok with working 60+ hours per week.
Hazardous materials transportation specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2018
The pay is good but sometimes when you work a 70 hour week and divide your pay by the hours worked you are making 12.00 to 14.00 an hour.
Sometimes you have to wait 3 hours for a truck.
Pros
Good pay, great fellow employees.
Cons
Stressful, long hours poor equipment and not enough to go around.
Don’t waste your time
Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 13, 2018
Every review on here is point on
Paid training there is no training. They will be all nice at first but they two faced. Don’t trust anyone there.
They have horrible equipment, horrible management. I can not think of one nice thing about Dillon. They just lie. Don’t get sick and have a steel bladder and don’t get hungry. Basically if you like to sit at a desk for 13 hrs and not move this is a job for you. You don’t get breaks can’t leave to get food and if you equal out what you get paid to the actual hrs you work it’s not a lot. They say salary so you get screwed on overtime cuz you will work more then 12 hrs a day oh and don’t bother wearing anything nice cuz it will get ruined. I’ve never worked in such a dirty place before. And management is crude so be ready for that. All I can say is stay away! You will get blamed for everything. They have “load planners” but you will have to do it. Drivers will wait hrs for equipment or leave and it’s your job to get the load covered. Just stay away
Horrible company.
Cons
only thing good here is the money
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLOctober 2, 2018
management is terrible, equipment breaks down often and is ran down. You wait for equipment almost everyday, up to 2 hours or more sometimes. money is good here but that's it.
not messed with
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 7, 2018
left alone to do your job, good dispatchers and maintance personal. you get paid by the load. They are up to paying 30 percent of the load to drivers.
Good company to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Mc Cook, ILSeptember 6, 2018
I have been working with Dillon since January 2018 and it has gone well I am making good money and at home every day the dispatchers try to make everyone happy in the end nothing bad to say......................
Pros
Good money
Bad managment
Lead Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 30, 2018
Each terminal runs on different rules!!They never changed oil in trucks in Memphis in three years!!!Drivers were forced to drive unsafe trucks!!Only in Memphis!!Talk to drivers from over terminals had no problem only memphis!!This terminal was set up to fail!!Now the doors are closed!!Never had enough equipment to complete the job!!
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Bad management
Good Money
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INAugust 10, 2018
I made good money working at Dillon. They have bad reviews at other locations, but my supervisors in Michigan City were fair and honest. I liked working there sorry I had to leave for family reasons.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Benefits pricey
Lied to by management.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Mulberry FloridaAugust 10, 2018
I went through the three day orientation. On day one I found out there was an issue with my background check. Management and the orientation team told me to finish orientation anyway and they would make sure I was paid for it. I warned them that the issue would take some time to clear up due to being from the state of Ohio and I live in Florida. Still, they said the same thing. 3 weeks after orientation I'm told we don't pay people who we haven't been able to work. Wasted 3 days of my life after I asked repeatedly if it was going to be a problem and was told repeatedly that it wouldn't.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Lies, and a waste of time.
Very dependable place to work
Driver trainer (Current Employee) –  Tampa FloridaAugust 10, 2018
If you come to work every day and do your job you will make good money I'm on track for 78,000 this year and have no problem making it you can work 6 days a week and make extra money all you have to do is do your job and you will do okay benefits health care or kind of expensive everything else is good good 401 k and trucks are getting much better I've been here for years and plan on retiring in five more
Pros
Steady work everyday coworkers are great
Cons
Trucks are starting to show their age but they are getting better
Great employer with great coworkers
Office (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILAugust 5, 2018
Over the last year, things have been changing for the better and definitely moving in the right direction. New leadership with new ideas trying to improve the workday for everyone company wide. I'm lucky to be able to say - I like my job.
Pros
Flexible management, casual dress code
Great work environment
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 31, 2018
Great Pay, Tons of work provided and good staff to work with. They really have your best interest and willing to work with you on just about anything. They have aome of the best mechanics is Savannah. They're really good getting your truck into the shop and working on it Asap to get rolling again.
Pros
Tons of work provided. Great Pay and good staff to work for.
Seen the grass on other side of the fence.
Tanker Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2018
With any company you can find things to complain about. I have found my home with Dillon. The biggest complaint is with equipment getting dated. If I have a problem they work to correct it in a timely manner. I work Monday through Friday and on pace for $70000 and home every night. If they need me on the weekend then I do it without complaining because they take care of me the rest of the time. The Dallas terminal atmosphere has changed for the better. You actually feel like they care about you as well as the loads. 51/2 years and counting on my three weeks vacation next year.😎
Great job with good pay.
Terminal Leader (Current Employee) –  Heidelberg, MSJuly 30, 2018
I started with Dillon 7 years ago as a driver and worked my way up to Terminal Leader after 4.5 years of driving with Dillon and 22 years of driving experience. The driving is fast pace but with good pay and home most every night. I enjoyed driving with Dillon in equipment that has been well maintained with all the bells and whistles, now in a management position I understand the challenges drivers face everyday and try to improve them anywhere I can along with strong support form every department from CEO to HR and Safety. This has been the most satisfying job I have ever had and look forward to many more years with Dillon.
Awesome work environment
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Heidelberg, MSJuly 30, 2018
Awesome pay and benefits. Terminal leader is the best and cares about all of his employees, he goes above and beyond for all employees. Hours are pretty awesome as well. I enjoy everything about this job, I highly recommend if one is given the opportunity to work here they do so.
Pros
Hours and benefits
Cons
Best earnings for a company job and great managment in San Antonio.
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2018
Not sure how others are doing here but west Texas hauls are paying very well. The San Antonio manager is the best I have ever worked for. He is respectful and takes care of business. Anyone with that method of operation should get along with him. As others have mentioned medical insurance is a bit high so I passed on it. The trucks are the weakest link. They are automatics with super singles optimized for fuel economy. They perform ok on interstates but not as well on windy highways and FMs. Overall I'm happy. I'd rather have good managers and pay over a fast truck.
Great People
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJuly 26, 2018
Dillon has added a lot of great people to the team that are concerned about making Drivers happy, safe and successful. Most of the work is with fortune 500 companies and is local or regional lanes. Drivers can be home every night and work 5 days a week. The management is engaged and cares about their employees.
Dillon Logistics is a growing company with lots to offer
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJuly 23, 2018
Dillon cares about their employees. From the Terminal Managers to the higher levels, everyone is very open to partner on solving problems. Dillon is a growing company with typical growing pains. You can tell that they are doing their best to improve employee experience and retention. Dillon has held various employee appreciation events and potlucks this year and is working hard to maintain a fun family atmosphere culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dillon Logistics Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8