Dillon Logistics Inc. Employee Reviews

not messed with
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 7, 2018
left alone to do your job, good dispatchers and maintance personal. you get paid by the load. They are up to paying 30 percent of the load to drivers.
Good company to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Mc Cook, ILSeptember 6, 2018
I have been working with Dillon since January 2018 and it has gone well I am making good money and at home every day the dispatchers try to make everyone happy in the end nothing bad to say......................
Pros
Good money
Good Money
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INAugust 10, 2018
I made good money working at Dillon. They have bad reviews at other locations, but my supervisors in Michigan City were fair and honest. I liked working there sorry I had to leave for family reasons.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Benefits pricey
Lied to by management.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Mulberry FloridaAugust 10, 2018
I went through the three day orientation. On day one I found out there was an issue with my background check. Management and the orientation team told me to finish orientation anyway and they would make sure I was paid for it. I warned them that the issue would take some time to clear up due to being from the state of Ohio and I live in Florida. Still, they said the same thing. 3 weeks after orientation I'm told we don't pay people who we haven't been able to work. Wasted 3 days of my life after I asked repeatedly if it was going to be a problem and was told repeatedly that it wouldn't.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Lies, and a waste of time.
Very dependable place to work
Driver trainer (Current Employee) –  Tampa FloridaAugust 10, 2018
If you come to work every day and do your job you will make good money I'm on track for 78,000 this year and have no problem making it you can work 6 days a week and make extra money all you have to do is do your job and you will do okay benefits health care or kind of expensive everything else is good good 401 k and trucks are getting much better I've been here for years and plan on retiring in five more
Pros
Steady work everyday coworkers are great
Cons
Trucks are starting to show their age but they are getting better
Great employer with great coworkers
Office (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILAugust 5, 2018
Over the last year, things have been changing for the better and definitely moving in the right direction. New leadership with new ideas trying to improve the workday for everyone company wide. I'm lucky to be able to say - I like my job.
Pros
Flexible management, casual dress code
Great work environment
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 31, 2018
Great Pay, Tons of work provided and good staff to work with. They really have your best interest and willing to work with you on just about anything. They have aome of the best mechanics is Savannah. They're really good getting your truck into the shop and working on it Asap to get rolling again.
Pros
Tons of work provided. Great Pay and good staff to work for.
Seen the grass on other side of the fence.
Tanker Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2018
With any company you can find things to complain about. I have found my home with Dillon. The biggest complaint is with equipment getting dated. If I have a problem they work to correct it in a timely manner. I work Monday through Friday and on pace for $70000 and home every night. If they need me on the weekend then I do it without complaining because they take care of me the rest of the time. The Dallas terminal atmosphere has changed for the better. You actually feel like they care about you as well as the loads. 51/2 years and counting on my three weeks vacation next year.😎
Great job with good pay.
Terminal Leader (Current Employee) –  Heidelberg, MSJuly 30, 2018
I started with Dillon 7 years ago as a driver and worked my way up to Terminal Leader after 4.5 years of driving with Dillon and 22 years of driving experience. The driving is fast pace but with good pay and home most every night. I enjoyed driving with Dillon in equipment that has been well maintained with all the bells and whistles, now in a management position I understand the challenges drivers face everyday and try to improve them anywhere I can along with strong support form every department from CEO to HR and Safety. This has been the most satisfying job I have ever had and look forward to many more years with Dillon.
Awesome work environment
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Heidelberg, MSJuly 30, 2018
Awesome pay and benefits. Terminal leader is the best and cares about all of his employees, he goes above and beyond for all employees. Hours are pretty awesome as well. I enjoy everything about this job, I highly recommend if one is given the opportunity to work here they do so.
Pros
Hours and benefits
Cons

Want to know more about Dillon Logistics Inc.?

Ask a question
Best earnings for a company job and great managment in San Antonio.
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2018
Not sure how others are doing here but west Texas hauls are paying very well. The San Antonio manager is the best I have ever worked for. He is respectful and takes care of business. Anyone with that method of operation should get along with him. As others have mentioned medical insurance is a bit high so I passed on it. The trucks are the weakest link. They are automatics with super singles optimized for fuel economy. They perform ok on interstates but not as well on windy highways and FMs. Overall I'm happy. I'd rather have good managers and pay over a fast truck.
Great People
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJuly 26, 2018
Dillon has added a lot of great people to the team that are concerned about making Drivers happy, safe and successful. Most of the work is with fortune 500 companies and is local or regional lanes. Drivers can be home every night and work 5 days a week. The management is engaged and cares about their employees.
Dillon Logistics is a growing company with lots to offer
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJuly 23, 2018
Dillon cares about their employees. From the Terminal Managers to the higher levels, everyone is very open to partner on solving problems. Dillon is a growing company with typical growing pains. You can tell that they are doing their best to improve employee experience and retention. Dillon has held various employee appreciation events and potlucks this year and is working hard to maintain a fun family atmosphere culture.
Headed in the right direction
Terminal Leader (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2018
With our new management and HR structure the company is heading in the right direction. We have made many improvements in the past 6 months getting new management in place at the Florida terminals as well as upgrading our safety department, driver training, and recruiting departments. We have also upgraded our maintenance staff at both terminals helping to keep our driver's down time to a minimum to increase their earning potential. Our new sign on bonus' and pay packages are very strong and better than our competition locally.

Terminal Leaders have an open door policy allowing drivers to come in at anytime to discuss concerns or share idea's on how we can continue to improve. These new terminal leaders along with our new driver relations position from the HR department, are creating a new culture focusing on a team atmosphere, positive work environment, and continued improvements for all of our drivers.
Pros
Positive work environment, open door policy with managment, steady guaranteed work year round.
Great productive team atmosphere.
Regional Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Mulberry, FLJuly 23, 2018
So far Dillon has been a great place to work. The management team has a clear direction and the managers of the different sections work together, instead of against each other. Coming to Dillon has turned out to be my best civilian career decision.
Pros
Team atmosphere, employees are nice and helpful, senior management cares about their employees, the safety department is very proactive in trying to prevent accidents/incidents
Cons
Some people have poor attitudes but we don't let them bring us down
Perfect work/life balance for my family
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lodi, OHJuly 23, 2018
Finally found a company i can call home. the terminal manager cares about us drivers and i'm not a number. My shift and scheudle work for my family so i still spend time with them.
Pros
Local positions
Cons
Benefits are expensive but the paychecks make up for it.
Decent company
driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2018
Dillon has been a pretty good company to work for overall but still have issues. Their benefits are very expensive and they should definitely upgrade that to make it more affordable for driver's and their families. The equipment is old and worn out and breaks down often, but the new mechanics have helped a lot The Tampa yard is in terrible shape, they don't seem to want to spend money to pave it or even maintain it with stone so it is a pot hole filled muddy swamp. Things have improved since new management took over the terminal, he seems to honestly care about the drivers and is trying to make it better but isn't allowed by upper management to really make changes that are needed.
Pros
steady work
Cons
old poorly maintained equipment and facilities
Good company becoming great
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Mulberry, FLJuly 20, 2018
Dillon Logistics is a company on the rise. They have new leadership and are looking to right some of the wrongs that have happened in the past. With an eye toward better work/life balance and fixing pay issues, I truly believe the future is bright with Dillon. I'm very happy to be aligned with this company.
That's not to say there aren't issues. But there are people working to solve the issues, and I feel very comfortable about my future here.
Pros
Communication, coworkers
Serious Driving Job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLJuly 20, 2018
Dillon is a pretty good place to work. Yes the hours are long and the equipment is tired but things appear to be getting better with newer management. HR is definitely more responsive and even have someone now who is there to be a voice to help the drivers. The equipment is tired but the shop appears to be keeping up better. Overall a pretty decent place to work.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Equipment is tired
Long Hours Low Pay
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2018
Management is very poor, never has the drivers back. They will lie to your face. Equipment is very worn out (except the few lease trucks) and most of the electronic logs are in opt. The Tampa terminal is a swamp of mud and holes all summer. And in winter is one big sand pit.Turnover is high, because no raises after first year and the very poor management. Moral is extremely low and there is plenty of back stabbing going on. Pay is held back 2 weeks, then paid the following Friday. So in reality it's three weeks before first pay.
Pros
Local work
Cons
Official response from Dillon Logistics Inc.
July 23, 2018

We are sorry you didn't have a good experience at Dillon. We take all feedback very seriously which is why we have an open door policy with our terminal leaders as well as the ability to speak with HR. We have made many improvements to the Tampa terminal including fixing the yard with new stone. Again, we are sorry you didn't have a positive experience but wish you well in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dillon Logistics Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8