Dillon Logistics Inc. Employee Reviews

Good company becoming great
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Mulberry, FLJuly 20, 2018
Dillon Logistics is a company on the rise. They have new leadership and are looking to right some of the wrongs that have happened in the past. With an eye toward better work/life balance and fixing pay issues, I truly believe the future is bright with Dillon. I'm very happy to be aligned with this company.
That's not to say there aren't issues. But there are people working to solve the issues, and I feel very comfortable about my future here.
Pros
Communication, coworkers
Serious Driving Job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLJuly 20, 2018
Dillon is a pretty good place to work. Yes the hours are long and the equipment is tired but things appear to be getting better with newer management. HR is definitely more responsive and even have someone now who is there to be a voice to help the drivers. The equipment is tired but the shop appears to be keeping up better. Overall a pretty decent place to work.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Equipment is tired
Nothing but liars and snakes.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2018
Hired as a dispatcher, but whenever management over planned, they would lie to my drivers and leave me high and dry without enough coverage for my runs. Then lie on me to the drivers and make me look disorganized and not look like I knew how to do my job.
Pros
Met some great people at the primary customer location. None at Dillon.
Cons
The equipment was unsafe. The managers were liars.
Bad place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 11, 2018
You wait on trucks or trailers too much. To get your loads in you have to run 12 to 14 hours a day. Every week there's a new rule change. No more raises after first year. The management has no clue how a trucking company should run. Middle management people are just trying to hold onto their over paid jobs, by throwing drivers under the buss. The terminal at Tampa is a mud pit, all rainy season. And the trucks are pretty much worn out, and even running without abs most of the time.
Pros
you can make some money if you kill yourself
Cons
poor management, poor equipment
They Suck
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 3, 2018
They treat you very badly. They abuse you to do terrible repairs and to cut corners. Then when you do what they tell you they punish you and make you the scape goat
bad equipment
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILApril 26, 2018
the truck I was in stayed broken every single day. Always needed maintenance before I could even pick up my load and sometimes I didn't know if I would even make it back to the terminal.
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 15, 2018
Dillon has poorly maintained trucks. The equipment is old with many mechanical problems. They are not cleaned making Pre-trips and Post-trips difficult. This makes the workday harder and morality is low.
Pros
Two days off every five days.
Cons
The only way to make more than 40K/year is to work 6 days a week and longer hours.
one of the worst!!!!! stay away
Commercial Drivers License Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2018
one of the worst places I have had to work . they don't pay you your loads and then after you show them proof they still take a month or more to pay up. more drivers than they have working trucks. break downs are common and wait times don't get paid this place sucks don't waste your time.
Pros
Cons
everything
Don’t believe the AD
Hazmat Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 3, 2018
To make a living at Dillon you need to work 6 days a week and 12-15 hours a day!! You are always waiting on either a trailer or a working truck!!!
The equipment is not up to date, the trucks are always out of service, it’s only one person that does the dispatch’s and it seems as if she really don’t understand the 11 hour rule or The 14 hour rule!!!!
Pay for hazmat starts at 29%
And the cap out is 31%

You net about $1600 working a 6 day 14+ hour a day schedule
If you do the math it’s about 19 an hour
Pros
Home every night
Cons
Poor management
Bull S h I t company
Pneumatic tank driver (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 20, 2018
This company did everything in their power to prevent their drivers from receiving safety bonuses
Telling you that loads pay one thing when they actually pay something completely different and less.
I do make good money but at the sacrifice of not having any time with my family working six days a week 12 to 15 hours a day
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor management junky maintenance shop holier than thou dispatchers
Hard work
Driver (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILMarch 14, 2018
You can make a lot of $, but you'll have to forget about having a home life. The management is very poor, if you don't take certain loads they'll seat you and you'll not make money because your paid by the load. A lot of deadbeat miles not getting paid for.
Pros
Money
Cons
No home time
Good Environment
Dust/Sand Hauler (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 1, 2018
There was a lot of driving which I liked. It was pretty simple, unloading and loading.

Overall it was a good place to work.

Sometimes the hauls were long where you were unable to get paid for multiple daily loads.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Long Hauls sometimes
Liars
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FloridaJanuary 31, 2018
I was hired as a Dispatcher and fired after two weeks because I did not know everything in two weeks, according to the hiring Manager.
The hours that was agreed upon when hired was not true after the fact. Too many women that wanted to be the boss of all Dispatchers!
Trucks breaking down left and right.
Pros
$48, 000 a year
Cons
Ok company for first time drivers
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOJanuary 20, 2018
very low pay unless you haul water or acid. Poor management no room for advantagement. I’ve seen other reviews for this company and trust me the bad ones are very accurate. Don’t believe the ads they post for employment there not accurate as far as the pay..etc
Pros
Good drivers!!!!
Cons
Hard work fair pay and benefits
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 14, 2018
As a self starter with a fierce work ethic, very knowledgeable, and effective; I was trusted by management to work independently. Multi-site accountability, solid customer base. Driver pay was lower than competition, with extremely difficult driver schedules.

Email and phone contacts early in AM and qualifying applicants mid-day and answer incoming calls 24/7
I learned about tanker/bulk industry
Management was fair
Traveled up to 32 weeks a year
Benefit costs were astronomical particularly for an employee with a family
having to know operational details and work schedules of 22 location
I truly enjoy helping good prople find a good job
Pros
I was respected and held in high esteem.
Cons
on duty 24/7 365
excdellent company
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 5, 2018
Good company with many new challenges. High turnover top to bottom. Natural gas trucks and a very demanding customer and a difficult schedule for drivers.
Pros
Good benefits and salary
Cons
office politics
Beginner's job
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Mulberry, FLJanuary 2, 2018
Needs better pay and better equipment; loads are not guaranteed contracted with Mosaic and not enough communication.
Different trailers but a lot of times there is not enough education about equipment; still dispatch will assign.
Routes aren't explained thoroughly either; will tell you to follow someone or tell you Safety Team will meet you. This is not always accurate
Pros
6 speed automatic trucks
Cons
Waiting on equipment and pay
Fun workplace
Truck Washer (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZNovember 15, 2017
Had fun washing the big rigs for all the drivers and became good friends with them, not a fair work place though the yard manager always played favorite ms and hored his friends and moved them up before others.
reallly long hours
Driver (Current Employee) –  Mulberry, FLOctober 30, 2017
you will work 12-16 hours a day plus your dive time home. trucks are terrible , breakdown constantly , having to call road service, there are no mechanics available , they have one guy working by himself all week. which is illegal . not a good place to work.
Don't go there with high hopes
Lp (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLOctober 26, 2017
I worked for this company for about 6 months. I was not in a management position but I had to take calls from drivers and dispatchers24 hours a day. When dispatch did not make sure a trailer clean out was done per instructed, the upper management thought it was appropriate to stand there and scream at me in front of everyone because I didn't call to make sure they were doing their job. This place is full of mismanagement and backstabbing from employees that have been there long term. If you decide to go watch your back and watch for sabotage.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dillon Logistics Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5