Dillon Logistics Inc. Employee Reviews

Not a place for me
Driver (Current Employee) –  McCook, ILJanuary 13, 2019
You don't know how much each load pays, until after it's done and you get paid a percentage per load. There is no set schedule and you never know when you're going to work.
slip seat
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2019
good runs during busy season but really slow during winter no hours manger was nice and try to do what he could was given uniforms and that was a plus
ok
Tanker/HAZMAT Driver (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLDecember 6, 2018
long hours and the trucks were in terrible shape and would break down at least twice a week making it hard to get the loads completed making it hard to make money
Review Summary
TRUCK TANKER DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 1, 2018
I gained a lot of experience while working for Dillon Logistics at the Tampa FL Location. Almost everything was a challenge where you as a driver was about to go through every single day and some examples are how to handle with the worn Equipment and the yard, which is a muddy pit all summer season. Another thing is the time you spend waiting for equipment due to most of them are on dead line because they broke down.
But due to all the bad things mentioned above it makes drivers (because they have no choices) to learn certain things in precarious conditions such as how hook and unhook and how avoid to get stuck in the mud in or after a rainy day.
However there is something good I have to mention and this is the new manager at the Tampa Terminal which is trying to do his best to keep the yard in good shape and he seems to be careful about the drivers and that's something pretty and positive that drivers should appreciate.
Pros
New manager at the Tampa Terminal
Cons
Everything else
drivers run the show
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 9, 2018
you have to make the drivers happy and if you don't, they will have you fired. because they could do what they wanted and not what was needed. management does not back you up
Okay place, not the best but definitly not the worse.
Local Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLNovember 8, 2018
I wouldnt say the job is bad but there are some bad things about the job. The people are nice, everyone is always willing to help. The hours are long (typical trucking) 12 hour days, more or less depending on the work load... breakdown, wait times etc. Having to wait hours for trucks is ridiculous (they do pay you for it) but that also only makes your day longer. The actual yard sucks, just dirt and pot holes. I did receive good training, I cant speak for anyone else but the training I received was suffucient. The only thing I would suggest about training is to make sure the trainee is getting lots of hands training on the different trailers for the product they are running. The pay is what it should be for local work BUT the trucks SUCK. I see positive changes slowly but surely but the biggest issue is the trucks! I see why people work for the local competiters for lower pay but nicer equipment! At the very least I would suggest that the trucks atleast get cleaned out once a week, maybe install blowers in each truck so drivers can blow the dirt, cigarette buds out before they have to sit in someones else filth for the next 12 hours. Provide sanitizing wipes, shop towels for pre and post trip inspections or atleast reinburse the driver for purchasing these things for the truck in order to keep it clean and maintained. The trucks are my biggest issure and would be a reason for me to seek employment else where, as far as the pay, schedule, people, bonuses, hours.. I dont have any complaints about that, If you come to work and do your job they wont bother you AND if  more... you have a issue they try to figure it out in a timely manner. I would like to stay with the company long term but I will not if the equipment is not improved. This is a good starter company in this field and they could greatly cut down the turn over rate by getting better trucks, more trucks...the trucks cause most of the issues. If you dont want to work then this isnt the place for you, it is physical work... difficult at times but very doable. You will get paid for everything tho, wait times, detention, theres benefits after 60 days, uniforms after 60 day, vacation after a year, you work a 5/2 schedule.  less
Pros
Local job, good training
Cons
Old always dirty equipment that breaks down alot, slip seating, not enough trucks!
Bad place
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Elmendorf, TXOctober 26, 2018
Just a bad place worked there over a year. One low level staff member ran whole place. It was not a good place to work. Lots of favoritism which didn't turn out well. Also, lot of nepotism.
Pros
Cons
No breaks
Truth not told
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mc Cook, ILOctober 25, 2018
Another one of those trucking companies that tell you what you want to hear to get you in the door. I lasted through training and about 4 hours with another driver... Everything the company told me was the opposite of what the driver explained and what I experienced. The pay ,the hours ,the type of work, and the equipment we're all made to seem better than the actual job was. Though I would not recommend this job too more experienced drivers, ultimately it is a job and you will get a paycheck.
Pros
Wasn't there long enough to experience any
Cons
Hours, pay, type of work...
Great pay if your ok with working 60+ hours per week.
Hazardous materials transportation specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2018
The pay is good but sometimes when you work a 70 hour week and divide your pay by the hours worked you are making 12.00 to 14.00 an hour.
Sometimes you have to wait 3 hours for a truck.
Pros
Good pay, great fellow employees.
Cons
Stressful, long hours poor equipment and not enough to go around.
Don’t waste your time
Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 13, 2018
Every review on here is point on
Paid training there is no training. They will be all nice at first but they two faced. Don’t trust anyone there.
They have horrible equipment, horrible management. I can not think of one nice thing about Dillon. They just lie. Don’t get sick and have a steel bladder and don’t get hungry. Basically if you like to sit at a desk for 13 hrs and not move this is a job for you. You don’t get breaks can’t leave to get food and if you equal out what you get paid to the actual hrs you work it’s not a lot. They say salary so you get screwed on overtime cuz you will work more then 12 hrs a day oh and don’t bother wearing anything nice cuz it will get ruined. I’ve never worked in such a dirty place before. And management is crude so be ready for that. All I can say is stay away! You will get blamed for everything. They have “load planners” but you will have to do it. Drivers will wait hrs for equipment or leave and it’s your job to get the load covered. Just stay away
Horrible company.
Cons
only thing good here is the money
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLOctober 2, 2018
management is terrible, equipment breaks down often and is ran down. You wait for equipment almost everyday, up to 2 hours or more sometimes. money is good here but that's it.
not messed with
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 7, 2018
left alone to do your job, good dispatchers and maintance personal. you get paid by the load. They are up to paying 30 percent of the load to drivers.
Good company to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Mc Cook, ILSeptember 6, 2018
I have been working with Dillon since January 2018 and it has gone well I am making good money and at home every day the dispatchers try to make everyone happy in the end nothing bad to say......................
Pros
Good money
Bad managment
Lead Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 30, 2018
Each terminal runs on different rules!!They never changed oil in trucks in Memphis in three years!!!Drivers were forced to drive unsafe trucks!!Only in Memphis!!Talk to drivers from over terminals had no problem only memphis!!This terminal was set up to fail!!Now the doors are closed!!Never had enough equipment to complete the job!!
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Bad management
Good Money
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INAugust 10, 2018
I made good money working at Dillon. They have bad reviews at other locations, but my supervisors in Michigan City were fair and honest. I liked working there sorry I had to leave for family reasons.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Benefits pricey
Lied to by management.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Mulberry FloridaAugust 10, 2018
I went through the three day orientation. On day one I found out there was an issue with my background check. Management and the orientation team told me to finish orientation anyway and they would make sure I was paid for it. I warned them that the issue would take some time to clear up due to being from the state of Ohio and I live in Florida. Still, they said the same thing. 3 weeks after orientation I'm told we don't pay people who we haven't been able to work. Wasted 3 days of my life after I asked repeatedly if it was going to be a problem and was told repeatedly that it wouldn't.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Lies, and a waste of time.
Very dependable place to work
Driver trainer (Current Employee) –  Tampa FloridaAugust 10, 2018
If you come to work every day and do your job you will make good money I'm on track for 78,000 this year and have no problem making it you can work 6 days a week and make extra money all you have to do is do your job and you will do okay benefits health care or kind of expensive everything else is good good 401 k and trucks are getting much better I've been here for years and plan on retiring in five more
Pros
Steady work everyday coworkers are great
Cons
Trucks are starting to show their age but they are getting better
Great employer with great coworkers
Office (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILAugust 5, 2018
Over the last year, things have been changing for the better and definitely moving in the right direction. New leadership with new ideas trying to improve the workday for everyone company wide. I'm lucky to be able to say - I like my job.
Pros
Flexible management, casual dress code
Great work environment
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 31, 2018
Great Pay, Tons of work provided and good staff to work with. They really have your best interest and willing to work with you on just about anything. They have aome of the best mechanics is Savannah. They're really good getting your truck into the shop and working on it Asap to get rolling again.
Pros
Tons of work provided. Great Pay and good staff to work for.
Seen the grass on other side of the fence.
Tanker Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2018
With any company you can find things to complain about. I have found my home with Dillon. The biggest complaint is with equipment getting dated. If I have a problem they work to correct it in a timely manner. I work Monday through Friday and on pace for $70000 and home every night. If they need me on the weekend then I do it without complaining because they take care of me the rest of the time. The Dallas terminal atmosphere has changed for the better. You actually feel like they care about you as well as the loads. 51/2 years and counting on my three weeks vacation next year.😎

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dillon Logistics Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8