Dillons Employee Reviews

terrible mangement
Curtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSJanuary 17, 2019
You where always being yelled at. You where always scared about your mangers would fire you for no reason. The mangers only cared about them self's and where rude at all times.
Pros
disconts
Cons
rude manegment
enjoyed working here, good people., hard work if you want to work.
Grocery Stocker, Receiver, Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Maize, KSJanuary 15, 2019
Most management was awesome at there job. not enough support from the ones that made a difference exept my 3rd shift manager which was backslides by other managers. so we had to be smart in getting me scheduled. not cool.
Next!
Scanning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJanuary 9, 2019
This company truly sped not care. They make it very obvious with the management they hire. Employees are paid pennies on the dollar while the managers are driving around with seven cars. Seems almost impossible for women to advance in the workplace.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Just another place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 4, 2019
Dillons is a crazy place, especially when people who have standard 9-5 jobs get off work and come straight to the grocery store, but other than that, it's a good place to work, filled with people that are pretty okay to hang out with.
dillons was a terrible place to work
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSDecember 30, 2018
dillons was a terrible place to work. the management team treated all employees terribly and never did anything to make the job easier. all staffs were stressed all the time and managers would consistently step down from their position
Pros
it was a job in my town and did not have to commute
Cons
short breaks, terrible managers, and always lacking help
Decent job for when I was young
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSDecember 29, 2018
Cashier so I scanned any thing people wanted to purchase. Sometimes I would help carry bags out to vehicles. All in all, it wasn't a bad job for a teenager.
Nightmare
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 28, 2018
You are not valued or respected by managment. I attempted to report an ethics issue to management and was told that managment was too busy to talk to me for three consecutive days. I emailed HR and was totally ignored. Any company that ignores its employees and treats them as poorly as I was treated isn't worth working for. There are plenty of companies that do care about their employees to work for.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Very poor treatment of employees
Trust No One At Dillons
Department Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 18, 2018
This company runs on BS and backstabbing. If you cannot be directed into a salaried position where you will be required to work 60, 70 or more hours per week at every major holiday or sales event with no overtime pay, you will be driven out of the company. Each new contract Kroger negotiates reduces all levels of benefits and wage tiers, and Kroger will actively drive out higher cost employees to replace them with new hires. This company is fighting for its life against Walmart and Amazon and has no ethical qualms about losing good employees if they can be replaced at lower cost.
Pros
Cons
Ethically and Morally Bankrupt
It was okay
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 17, 2018
It was an okay place to work, I was not impressed with the quality of people they hired, had no consideration for it being your day off and would call some one in, on a moment's notice.
Pros
Pretty good discount.
Cons
The management was hard to get along with.
Working at Dillons
Associate (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSDecember 12, 2018
Working at Dillons in the seafood department was an up and down type of work day by day. Some days it was seriously busy and others there wasn't really much to do. Helping the customers with their orders was a favorite part of my day due to the friendly customers who came to my area. Cleaning was my least favorite part.
I need a jib
Floater (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 9, 2018
I need 30 hours at least to live!!!
I need ti be on schedule.
Dillons has some of the best people in kansas a home grown company.
I wish i had talk to top boss instead of proper channels.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Me. Lol
The managers were great
Floral Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 8, 2018
You never get the hours you are promised, nor do you have a consistent schedule.
Dillons has changed drastically over the years that its hard to keep up!
Cons
Not guranteed hours
Productive and fun place to use my customer service skills.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Andover KansasDecember 5, 2018
Helpful in allowing me to use my customer service skills. Fast paced, fun environment which enabled me to meet many new people and work with different personalities. I learned many new skills.
Pros
Weekly pay, regular breaks, guidance when needed and a pleasant working environment.
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours
Horrible no respect for people that step up
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSDecember 3, 2018
Dillons does not respect people who step up to cover when they fire the supervisor all they want is the cheapest way to get money in the door doesn’t matter if you put 40+ hours in when you are part time it may seem like a good job at first but in half a year you realize that it is he**
A Beeze
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 3, 2018
DIillons was a very moderate paced job. I learned how to use a cash register and bag grocery items increasing "situational awareness"
in situations. The most enjoyable part would be helping the customers and putting a smile on their face.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Cold Weather (When Outside)
productive
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSNovember 27, 2018
Typical day started with a list of things to do to keep us busy
I learned that if u do things correctly people will start reconmennding you to do things
Management was awesome if you had a problem with something that was not working they would fix it right then and there
the hardest part of the day was when your slammed with costumers there are times it was overwhelming or really fun
The enjoyable part of the day was when you got done with your list and your boss looks over everything and gives you a complament on how well you did your entire shift
Pros
awesome and friendly co-workers
Cons
odd shift change
Not the worst place to work but far from the best
Manager (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSNovember 26, 2018
For a company that always talks about people and treating our people with respect sure don't back up what they preach. Do not expect a decent work/life balance and do not expect mgmt to have your back either. Also, kiss your family time on the holidays good bye!
Pros
Decent insurance
Cons
Not very good pay, poor mgmt team
Decent Starter Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 26, 2018
I recommend this job for those who are new to the work environment. Dillons is a great start for a few easy years of experience. Typical duties could include stocking to deli slicing, all the way to custodian or cashiering, it depends on what you apply for and you will stick to that duty with little wiggle room. The management was fairly decent and the store I worked with me fairly well. The hardest part of the job would be the employee shenanigans since they were all young (18-25) but that could be a plus to some people. By far the most enjoyable part of the journey was helping the customers.
Cons
Pay
Bagger (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 13, 2018
The most enjoyable part of working at Dillons is interacting with customers. Seeing a smile on a customers and knowing that you helped them is amazing. Management is very nice and you know you can count on them to do the right thing.
Pros
10% off, friendly management
Cons
Very few benefits
Fast Paced
CUSTOMER SERVICE / CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 7, 2018
There is always something to be done and customers to engage with. If youre bored there it is because you aren't doing your job. If you work to complete the daily list you will have plenty to do.