Dillons Employee Reviews

Would not work there again
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSOctober 10, 2018
I worked for dillions for almost 3 years and never got a raise. I was one of the top cashiers and had one of the fastest check out times. The lack of management is nuts they are constantly changing and only care about themselves. If you worked hard you got taken advantage of by other employees and management personnel.
Well
Courtesy Clerk, Cashier, Customer Service, FES (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSOctober 7, 2018
Working at dillons was a great expierence but some management issues back when i worked made it not an ideal work environment to me, plus i felt like the work and effort i put into my job going over what a part time employee was meant to do. I worked more the 25hrs a week most days and only got paid $8.00/hr for it. I wasnt a cashier i was in customer service/FES and at the time not more then 6 employees knew how to work that section so i was constantly working more hours and getting paid so little for the effort i contributed.
Pros
Coworkers, Discounts, good upper managment
Cons
Short/no breaks, little pay, unprofessional CS managment
good starter job
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSOctober 4, 2018
the company is a good starter job and it depends on the work place for your self it could be a good long term job but it depend on you and the managment if they like you or not and if your a hard worker
Pros
busy all the time
Cons
the hours and pay
Stressful Environment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 4, 2018
Working for the company left a lot to be desired, management harsh and incredibly strict on employees. Was not able to leave when I was sick with a 103 degree fever. Was told I needed to come back. Schedule would be changed with no notification when off for a few days and in trouble for not showing up on time.

Thrown into positions on the fly with little to no training and expected to do sound job. Drama and tension among employee's made working together difficult and unwanted.

Not knowing if what I was doing was right, and unsure if manager would get me in trouble for something other associates didn't. Felt singled out, not wanting to go to work every day but showed up on time regardless.
Competition
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSSeptember 30, 2018
Be on time to work.if you show motivation they may give u more hours be friendly to customers and employees be honest and courtesy customer services is always number one
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Hours and pay
Community Staple
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 27, 2018
I say with regret that Dillons brings it service home with that nostalgic feeling ones elders may have have, they offer knowledge about their products, a variety of shopping option possibly not normal for a typical grocery store. The store is full of people that are family to a lot of its shoppers to where as the workers are shoppers too.
Dillon's masters the fair price and quality and offers discounted goods to those who are not a picky.
Pros
It's Dillons
Cons
Some have closed
Unfortunate
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 24, 2018
We are treated like numbers than actual people. They couldn't care less about us, or our personal lives. As long as the numbers were good that's all that mattered. There were a few managers that cared about us and took time out of their day to talk to us. But corporate never does. They dont care. All they care about is the money in their pockets.
Awsome place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 19, 2018
Fast service,respectively place to work.Good worker's.great service. Everything is always fresh"the worker's are very respectful and helpful. Clean bathrooms.great place to shop!
Pros
Discount on food.
Cons
Short hours
Good Decent Job
Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSSeptember 18, 2018
I will admit when I first started working there I was in deli and I did stressed out over the job and trying my best to catch up with the other associates but after I talked to the managers about what was going on, I started working in the front and as time went by I started working in grocery/overnight and GM . Working here was a good place to work at the time I was there. I worked in almost every department except bakery and meat. I loved working overnight because it wasn't that stressful and because the store closed at midnight we could focus on our job. I enjoy working with customers and I knew where all the product was at the store so working with customers and associates was a easy. I loved that around 7pm the radio would put some country music and I felt confortable and focused to work while singing which would put me in a good mood. I would always show up to work when they needed me at my days off because I loved working there. I don't know how it is now but that how it was for me when I was there.
food fun customers
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wellington, KSSeptember 8, 2018
the team i worked with was always helpful .always willing to help our customers and other staff.managment was alway right on the ball and comunicated well.
Pros
fun job to learn new skills
Cons
our sales is how we got our hours in scheduling
Management Issues
Carry Out (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 8, 2018
Dillons is a good first job if you're young and just starting out. My experience there was tarnished when the manager had an obvious attitude problem with me even though I had done nothing wrong. She got upset with me for not doing something the correct way. I told her I was not trained that way and tried to apologize but she argued with me and made me feel unwelcome ever since that conversation. She was the main reason I left Dillons.
Cons
short breaks, no advancement, rude management
depressing to work at
Clicklist Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 4, 2018
The whole place chokes you of your potential, there is no room for advancement and you get laughed at it you want a pay raise. I was the youngest person in my department and a paid as a part time employee but I always worked over forty hours a week
stressful
Assitant Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSAugust 29, 2018
i loved working there until i came upon opportunities being taken away from me. Was taken advantage of when it came to my job duties and pay. was told they would push me to higher positions even offered on helping me with everything and at the end of me doing everything they asked for choose someone else that could not handle the job as well as having me do that persons job. Many coworkers could agree on the same thing being done to them. Its a great company for a career and you cant potentially grow really high if you have the right management over you instead of them having favorites in store.
It's a meh job
Bakery Associate (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSAugust 26, 2018
Really, I don't have much to say. It's very stressful and fast paced. If you're missing a paycheck, they'll tell you to call HR, but they aren't going to do a thing about it. Honestly, it's not the greatest job in the world.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Stressful
Although I was full time it was hard to get hours
Front End Supervisor/Cashier,customer service (Current Employee) –  Newton, KSAugust 19, 2018
I was in the front end and the company wants exemplary customer service without giving management the hours to work with to make that happen. Therefore it is very stressful as you do not have enough help. This plays as a negative on the over all morale in the workplace.The hardest part of the job was to put on the happy face front that every thing is honky dory when inside your screaming that you need more help scheduled.. not just one carry out and one checker.
THE BEST PART IS MEETING ALL THE PEOPLE AND MAKING FRIENDS
Pros
Insurance if you average 30 hours and can sustain that average
Cons
Company scrimping on hours.. one person doing the job of 3
Different themes
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 7, 2018
I love it when they have jean day on Sunday for like the March of Dimes. And also they have Taste of Mexico and Taste of Italy. You get to have a taste what ethnicity from other countries are . The food period is fresh, the stores are always clean, and the prices are low. And for the employees they get 10% discount on groceries!
Pros
Faster checkout
Cons
Short handed all the time
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 6, 2018
I have been there for 21 years . There are a few things they could do better. But that is the same everywhere you go. There are short handed all the time. Some of the people that they hired are there to get paired and not to work.
Pros
I work Monday thur Friday. Early morning
Cons
Not enough pay. Always short on help
Do not recommend
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 5, 2018
Employees are over worked and underpaid. The hours are inconsistent and unreliable. Even with my past management experience I still am making less than $10 per hour. Some weeks I am only given 9hr of schedule shifts. I can not support my family with this job.
Night shift
Night Crew (Current Employee) –  Winfield, KSAugust 3, 2018
Night shift supervisors try to drive you out for their job security since they have been there for decades and the can't keep anyone employed on night shift. They continuously get overtime by walking around all night while I'm busting my butt and rarely get over 30 hours. If it wasn't for the supervisors, the job itself would be totally fine.
Cons
poor management, low hours
Accommodating and Fun Workplace with a variety of kind staff and customers.
Grocery Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 2, 2018
Everyone is very kind and welcoming, which creates for a fun, relaxed, yet still competitive workplace, where the foundations of many friendships are built.
Pros
Very accommodating with scheduling.