Dillons
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Dillons Employee Reviews

United States822 reviews
It was fun lots of good people food was nice to eat security guards there and I got along and I was the best courtesy clerk there I danced and listened to music I got my jobs that I was asked to do done
Pros
Cool people
Cons
Boss sucked
Like working there just need more hours good job good pepole nice compy like everyone would work there agian like the pepole in there very nice place to work for
I asked for more hours like I did since I started working there. The new supervisor refused to give me hours. It was unfair. Working one day a week during the summer will not help someone who has a household to maintain.
Start of working at Dillons wasn't all that bad. When working there for about 6 months the staff starts to treat you worse. The management was okay for the most part, there were times when they wouldn't understand a situation.
Easy tasks and a typical grocery store environment. Most of the management care of the business not about the employees since they come and go so quickly. They can be flexible but are usually short-staffed and always have call-ins and no shows. Average compensation for a parttime position.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Most co-workers are hard workers and are willing to lend a hand. There is always something that needs to be done even if there isn’t a customer present. There isn’t really any down time.
A typical day at Dillion’s included cleaning stocking and helping customers. Along with that helping associates who were not trained properly if at all.
There was always work needing to be done which allowed for constant motion at work. I was in a setting where we had to cooperate with many other departments throughout the store to ensure quality of product and timely service!
Worked as a courtesy clerk in the front end and the assistant department lead was very rude and would talk distastefully behind your back. Department lead was friendly but would let the assistant boss and trash talk everyone rather than stopping it. The only people I felt that actually cared about you as a person was the evening supervisors.
So it is a grocery store so I mean it is pretty straight forward, but the ACTUAL management was just terrible and doesn't care for their employees at all basically they just see you as another number and someone who they can easily replace, you can make friends there because it is a entry level job but the management there are terrible in my experience.
The pay is average, but the paychecks were steady for many years. Not many benefits, but if you work there for a long time you do get better pay and benefits. You definitely should be a people person.

i enjoyed working outside clearing the parking lot and I liked cleaning the store. Most of my coworkers were nice and my supervisor was patient and supportive of me. I learned how to deal with many different kinds of people. The hardest part was dealing with rude customers, the best part was being able to work on my own as I cleaned the store.
After Living in Prostitution and being involved with Drugs I was Grateful to be able to have a decent job because I wanted a new start and a Better opportunity. So before I started I was honest about my pass then 1 month later I was let go based on my pass history. Which today I am grateful even though I am not working
My experience is of course different from everyone's, but i wouldn't recommend dillons simply because of how i was treated and i have 8 years of experience so to try and fit it all in the space allowed wont work,.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Core Values
Definitely wouldn't consider this a career. The corporate office doesn't care about their employees. They claim to pay competitive wages but other companies pay almost 2-5 dollars more for the exact same position. They are consistently understaffed because they try to schedule the bare minimum for every department and every shift and rely on people answering their phones to come in on their days off instead of scheduling properly.
Everyone is always miserable!Management has no business sense nor any concept of how the actual jobs get done in the store!Turnover is horrible,the minute you get a person trained,they quit because the place sucks so bad!They try to tell the few full time people they have to stay and work till "whenever" the nights work is done even after already working like 10 hours and everyone else has left!They don't do anything to some people who sit on their butts all day or walk around the store doing nothing while they yell at at people who actually work hard and tell them they need to do more!They claim to care about work/life balance but have no set schedule,schedule you whenever they want..don't care if you have kids or other things going on in your life!
The Kroger company of stores offers great opportunities to get promoted if you are willing to dedicate time and go above and beyond. It is a company that does not believe in fairly compensating hourly associates, or treating its employees with respect. Work/life balance is extremely difficult to balance. In my experience, it was a great place to develop a resume and get out of.
Interacting with customers throughout the day is the most enjoyable part of the job. Having the ability to assist others in any way possible is so rewarding! Working for a company that genuinely cares about its customers and employees brings me pure joy.
I didn’t like the job because I was working 60 hours a week and was doing the jobs of my deli leaders but not getting paid for the work I was doing while there
At first it was great but if you're going through things at home they arent accommodating and don't care. Our employees mental health is bad because of working there. They write up and suspended only certain people and let other get away with murder. You could work your tail off and do everything that is asked of you and not get a lick of acknowledgement or gratitude. On top of that I've topped out on pay and I've only been there 3 yrs
Pros
It's a good first job
Cons
Everything else
Typical day at work includes morning office work, customer visits, cold calls, new business development, follow up, sales report review, quoting customers.
Cons
Healthcare premium too high, employer contribution almost none.
Loved talking with customers they loved coming in to see me. always learned something new about cutting meat, the grocery business. Worked with great employees
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dillons. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Dillons.