Dillons Employee Reviews

Different themes
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 7, 2018
I love it when they have jean day on Sunday for like the March of Dimes. And also they have Taste of Mexico and Taste of Italy. You get to have a taste what ethnicity from other countries are . The food period is fresh, the stores are always clean, and the prices are low. And for the employees they get 10% discount on groceries!
Pros
Faster checkout
Do not recommend
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 5, 2018
Employees are over worked and underpaid. The hours are inconsistent and unreliable. Even with my past management experience I still am making less than $10 per hour. Some weeks I am only given 9hr of schedule shifts. I can not support my family with this job.
Night shift
Night Crew (Current Employee) –  Winfield, KSAugust 3, 2018
Night shift supervisors try to drive you out for their job security since they have been there for decades and the can't keep anyone employed on night shift. They continuously get overtime by walking around all night while I'm busting my butt and rarely get over 30 hours. If it wasn't for the supervisors, the job itself would be totally fine.
Cons
poor management, low hours
Accommodating and Fun Workplace with a variety of kind staff and customers.
Grocery Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 2, 2018
Everyone is very kind and welcoming, which creates for a fun, relaxed, yet still competitive workplace, where the foundations of many friendships are built.
Pros
Very accommodating with scheduling.
High School job only
Evening Shift Grocery (Former Employee) –  Newton, KSAugust 2, 2018
Large Truck loads to unload
Fast Paced and timed duties
Pulled for different duties
Hardest Part is keeping up with backstock
Most enjoyable part is sometimes the peace and quite
Pros
Break and hour Lunch, Discounts on Name Brand Items
Cons
Back breaking work
Horrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Larned, KSJuly 29, 2018
They want you to work 90 hours a week but only get paid for 40. If you go over hours, you have to get the extra off while still covering the department you work in. Family emergencies are not allowed. Sick kids? Not allowed. Family death? Oh well, work what you’re scheduled and they let you off the day of the funeral.
Management thinks we all owe them something. They thrive on making department managers miserable.
Benefits
Cons
Hours, store management, pay
Poor Hours
Night Crew Grocery Clerk/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSJuly 27, 2018
This was the worst job I've had the pay was terrible and I could hardly get any hours so it was hard to live pay check to pay check and we were short staffed over night and would get mad when things didn't get done
Pros
Cons
Not many hours
Its a good company nice people good atmosphere
Apparel Associate (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJuly 25, 2018
whats in the summary basically but its a nice place to work not overbearingly strict but there is a sense of purpose as well. Good company good people.
Terriblr
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSJuly 22, 2018
The management was made up of a lot of people who obviously had favorites and no matter how many times you asked for more hours they never would show up
Overnight management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSJuly 21, 2018
It was one of my first night jobs but was alittle hard to adapt to sleeping times and not really good benefits. Starting pay was 8$ hours hours were basically high due to not enough help. Got to management within 2 months time and try to impove work area where most deem not possible. I work that postion for alittle of a year.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Not enough time off was missing time off work due to 12 hour shifts .
A lot of opportunity to go further in the company
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Junction City, KSJuly 19, 2018
I worked in the front end department, which can be a really busy when there are a lot of customers in the store. It was often short staffed, so I would have to do multiple jobs at once. I liked that I could normally take an issue I had to a manager or supervisor and they would do their best to work with me to solve the problem. The atmosphere in the store was normally pleasant and I liked everyone I worked with. I enjoyed engaging with customers and employees daily. This was my first job, and overall I had a very good experience working for the company.
Dillions Reveiw
Curtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 18, 2018
I work in the position as a curtisoy clerk. Well working at dillions you deal with customers on a daily basis, you sack for them help them out side, direct them to the proper asle, What I have learn after working at dillions for about 2 years now is that you have to be fast and aware of your area. you can't be to slow or customers be mad.
I belive the hardest part of working for dillions would be dealing with costumers on adaily basis, Management tells me aren't happy just try to put on a FAKE smile Which is like 80% of the time and the last part is the promotions hardy comes by. I just hate working here I could care less it was the best time of my life at the beginning but after many years I use to hate working here then it turns into just not caring about the work and the customers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
breaks are very short
Under the Cleanng Scope
Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 16, 2018
A typical day for a utility clerk is arriving and getting your cart for the day then you follow the cleaning list on all the cleaning needed to be accomplished yes that sounds easy but you will also be expected to bag groceries and collect carts which requires you to move quickly especially if you only have 4-5 hr. shift and your the only utility clerk Yes it's hard work and you will get dirty but the best part of your job is that you'll meet some amazing people who work just as hard if not harder the hardest part of the job is the pay because you won't make much even though the demands of your work will sometimes push you to question why I would say Dillon Need To Invest In Their People Because They Have Invested So much and have yet to yield Any Benefit
Pros
coworkers, free food in breakroom on ocassion
Cons
pay, short breaks, inconsistent hours
Wouldn't suggest this postion for anyone
Grocery Clerk/Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJuly 16, 2018
If you want to make money this is the place for you. IF you want a life outside of Dillons, then this isn't the place for you. A typical night includes having to work 12-14 hours a day and up to 45-60 hours a week. Never time for anything else but work.
Pros
get to meet nice people
Quick-paced work environment.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSJuly 16, 2018
Working at Dillons was enjoyable, and I look back at my time at the Deli in a positively. Every day was similar to the last, so surprises were rare and routine was commonplace.
Dillons Company
Assistant Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 15, 2018
I have worked for the company for four years. They employ many associates with varied work skills. I have a background of management and have worked my way to a department assistant.
poor management, most days were very challenging.
Grocery Clerk/Dairy Department (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 11, 2018
Mostly unpleasant. Store Manager was terrible. A few times were good. blamed for stuff I never did. workers were lazy. products we sold were good. however packaging was poor at times.
Pros
indoor conditions
Cons
poor example of workers. poor store manager. overall i can see wh ythe turnover is very high.
Worked very much with customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 9, 2018
This job was very hard for me to get hours due to fact I only wokred as cashier. Slowly once I got more expierence the hours picked up. Its fun job to talk to customers and conversate with them about there day. It was pretty laid back and easy. Maybe good part-time job if you need extra money.
Good HS job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 7, 2018
It was ok for a high school part time job. Worked well with me and went out of their way to work with my schedule. I would go back if I needed to. It was okay.
work conditions
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 6, 2018
the hours were never the same and the working conditions need work. I had to stand at the register all day on flat rubber mat, it was so old and hard my feet hurt horribly after my shift ended. I asked the store manager for new mats but I was ignored. 2 years later they finally have new mats. my hours kept getting cut I can't afford to work 9 hours a week the cost of living is much higher than they want to pay.
Cons
never got a break and had to beg to use the bathroom