Dillons Pay & Benefits reviews

Fun job
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 19, 2019
Dillons is a great company wish I could get rehired I would like to finish my employment with them and retire, The pay and hours are fair and the benefits are pretty good, they work with you on schedule just an all around great atmosphere,
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Decent company, not enough hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 15, 2019
I enjoyed working there. However, I was promised 40 hours a week, than they eod schedule me for 20 to 25 hours. Then, they would call you in constantly. Put me on the schedule.
Decent place to work.
Bagger (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 14, 2019
As a teenager working there, you get the worst benefits and hours. The most hours I've worked in a week was 14. Nowadays I get around 4-8 hours a week.A few days ago they removed our 2nd microwave and removed our benefits of having drinks near us. Raises are jokes, my next raise is literally 10 cents. Walmart has better prices then us. The store music repeats every single day. Customers are always mostly nice. Took me about 3 months to get hired. Theres better places to work.
Pros
Friendly workers, Decent wage I guess
Cons
Terrible hours, Terrible prices, Terrible hiring process
General
Seafood Clerk (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 7, 2019
In my honest opinion, if you are a hard working employee, you will be taken advantage of and worked to the bone for little to no compensation. Wouldn't recommend.
Pros
Employee benifits (for those who qualify)
Cons
Poor work environment
This job was stressful and full of unnecessary drama
Associate (Current Employee) –  El Dorado, KSMarch 27, 2019
Mangers would attack you rather than try to solve the problem. I did not get any benefits. I often felt over worked. It was a hunger games style competition for hours!
Pros
10% discount on select kroger products
Cons
Poor managment
Dillons former employee
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arkansas City, KSMarch 23, 2019
I would love to work at dillons again. It was a good job. Just wish they would pay more. And not have employees switching between stores and not pay for travel time.
An okay starter job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 18, 2019
Dillons has its issues but they have taken pretty good care of me while I was there. I feel like it's an okay starter job. I never intended to stay permanently, so for what it is, it's fine.
Pros
Work experience for highschoolers
Cons
No breaks, little to no benefits, little pay
A good starting Job
Supervisor/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 16, 2019
It was a great place to start out, but the hours can be inconsistent, especially when they hire in several people at a time. They schedule is all over the place, and the pay needs some work.
Pros
Choose your work schedule
Cons
Not a whole lot of hours
fun place to work
Assistant Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 26, 2019
I like the managers and co-workers. pay is good and benifits is good i liked working in the Bakery.and Being a cashier as well. the hours they worked around for schools or if you had 2nd job.
Pros
had to work on sundays
Cons
excellent benifits
It was okay
Courtesy Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 21, 2019
i dont have too much to say since i worked here when i was a teenager in high school but it is a great starting job. it wasnt anything hard and i was able to move up the ladder within a year. no complaints really, it was just a job.
always kept busy
Customer Service/Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 16, 2019
decent place to work hours are pretty flexible, if you are a reliabel worker you can get alot of hours. i was given slot of responsibility because i was reliable
Dillions was a good place
Dillon's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 15, 2019
The management picked favorites and the staff had focus on too many ideas at once. would of liked more communication had alot of down time never enough customers.
Pros
Discounted items
Cons
Short breaks.
It was nice enogh to stay a few years.
Starbuks/coffee clerk (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSFebruary 14, 2019
Thw worst was when we could not keep a full staff for us to make our area worth anything.
The best is when we had a full staff and everyone worked proper hours.
Pros
Discounts
Next!
Scanning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJanuary 9, 2019
This company truly sped not care. They make it very obvious with the management they hire. Employees are paid pennies on the dollar while the managers are driving around with seven cars. Seems almost impossible for women to advance in the workplace.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Experiences at Dillon's
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 8, 2019
I had few expectations going in. 30 or more regular hours, and opportunities to increase my wage... that was apparently too much to expect. all departments understaffed. The Job of the cut fruit wall was outsourced, which led to far fewer purchases (we had trouble keeping most of the products we made, at-store fresh, stocked, whereas after they out sourced the job, we were throwing half, if not more away every three days). It was only after the June (2018) that i began to get some of the hours i actually needed, and I had to hunt the department heads for the hours, i was told when I was hired I would work at least 20-25 hours minimum each week, most weeks I found my self barely working 20, a few I only worked 9 hours for the week.

Associate Availability is company approved. If you need to change the days and hours you are available, you are making a "request", HR is supposed to review them and approve them. but i often sometimes the management team working in the departments.
I would have thought that being a Store Manager had enough paperwork to find their-selves knee deep most of the week, but I guess not.

When I started the Slushie machine had two chambers but only one worked. By fall Management got rid of it and discovered a rat's nest behind the front panel. Clearly maintenance hadn't worked on the machine..... and Management didn't call them out on it.

While shopping, you hear the in-store radio, the ad for working at Dillon's says "employee benifits, for those that qualifiy", as far as i can tell they would rather not have many people qualify.
Pros
"10% discount on Korger brand products"
Cons
undedicated management, generally understaffed departments
Just another place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 4, 2019
Dillons is a crazy place, especially when people who have standard 9-5 jobs get off work and come straight to the grocery store, but other than that, it's a good place to work, filled with people that are pretty okay to hang out with.
Trust No One At Dillons
Department Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 18, 2018
This company runs on BS and backstabbing. If you cannot be directed into a salaried position where you will be required to work 60, 70 or more hours per week at every major holiday or sales event with no overtime pay, you will be driven out of the company. Each new contract Kroger negotiates reduces all levels of benefits and wage tiers, and Kroger will actively drive out higher cost employees to replace them with new hires. This company is fighting for its life against Walmart and Amazon and has no ethical qualms about losing good employees if they can be replaced at lower cost.
Pros
Cons
Ethically and Morally Bankrupt
The managers were great
Floral Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 8, 2018
You never get the hours you are promised, nor do you have a consistent schedule.
Dillons has changed drastically over the years that its hard to keep up!
Cons
Not guranteed hours
Not the worst place to work but far from the best
Manager (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSNovember 26, 2018
For a company that always talks about people and treating our people with respect sure don't back up what they preach. Do not expect a decent work/life balance and do not expect mgmt to have your back either. Also, kiss your family time on the holidays good bye!
Pros
Decent insurance
Cons
Not very good pay, poor mgmt team
Bagger (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 13, 2018
The most enjoyable part of working at Dillons is interacting with customers. Seeing a smile on a customers and knowing that you helped them is amazing. Management is very nice and you know you can count on them to do the right thing.
Pros
10% off, friendly management
Cons
Very few benefits