Dimension Data Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2018
I worked for Dimension Data for 1 year. They bought out the company I worked for. We were promised 1 year from the date of the merger, we would be employed. 1 year to the date they started laying people off.50-75 at a time. From what I understand, there are very few left that worked for the company I worked for..
Pros
Great salary and benifits
Cons
Could be laid off any day without warning
Good work environment
Data Entry Administrator (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VASeptember 16, 2018
Good work environment, but would like more room for growth within the company. I enjoyed the people I work with but sometimes I feel like there needs to be more communication between management and employees.
Disloyal to employees
Post sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2018
I was a truly loyal employee for 5 years. This company has had numerous shifts and leadership changes. The sales team can't sale. I've never worked for a company this struggles again an again to find it's identity....turn over is high and moral is in the trumpster...I hear they laid 100 off this week..stay away!!!
Pros
Cons
Disloyal
Excellent company to Work
team member (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAAugust 19, 2018
Excellent company to Work. Work environment is great. Manager always appreciate good work. Teamwork, professional environment. Always recommended to work
Productive and fun work place
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  LagosAugust 18, 2018
The DD culture will forever be one of the biggest take away for me.
There is always room for opportunity to grow and develop ones skill by leveraging on the global partner program
Dimension Data is struggling with the transition from a regional company to a truly global service organization.
Enterprise Principle Service Architect (Current Employee) –  MaineJuly 6, 2018
Client work was very enjoyable, challenging and interesting. The goal of the Service Architect was to design global service designs that provided the client with a single service experience.
Pros
Homeworker that traveled to whereever the client required.
Cons
misalignment of management goals for Group and Regions
Too big
Senior Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 30, 2018
Company was too big. A lot of middle management that really did nothing that I could see. Internal processes bogged you down so once you closed a deal it was often hard to get the order placed than it was to win the business.
Pros
Cons
Too big
Primary focus of service delivery is run by accountants. Not enough emphasis on client satisfaction.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 26, 2018
Since DD acquired Nexus, very unstable work environment. Constant change and unpredictable and questionable leadership decisions. Significant turn-over and no real career roadmap for advancement.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Poor work life balance. Supported in theory but not practice
ok
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2018
It was short project and i was staffed through staffing company and did not really had to deal with the management, and never called back for another project so i guess i sucked at my job.
Productive work space and great management team
Field Service Technical Support (Team Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJune 8, 2018
Local and counterpart teams in dimension data worked well together and answered questions and supported one another concerning proprietary software in differnet regions.
Productive and family oriented
Client Specialist/Manager (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 8, 2018
Dimension Data is a worldwide entity that caters to their clients needs. I've learned alot at this company that I would not have received at any other global company. They take the time to train you into a employee for the future.
Great place to work.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 7, 2018
Great place to work; lots of work opps and room to excel. Had the best engineering time, unfortunately i did not get the opportunity to stay a little longer - would've been a blast. Given the chance - i would not mind going back...
noting bad to say
MS Senior Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28277May 2, 2018
noting bad to say was a good place to work for the time I was there now that the client has left they didn't have anything with in my area that I wanted to be in.
Relocated
Sr. Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 2, 2018
I relocated for what was supposed to be a 1 year contract. Turns out it was 4 months.

I was exposed to more inside workings of Microsoft. Hardest part of the job was all the delays.
Dimension Data provides great training and allows autonomy of their employees. Good management and a good company to work for.
Senior Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 29, 2018
Solid technical resources and training. Management allows employees to be autonomous in their work routine and activities. A high focus on results, not minutia.
Pros
Reaining and technical resources
Cons
High turnover
Good working environment
Field Service Engineer (Full-time position) (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CA 91355April 23, 2018
Good working, quiet, friendly environment
Relaxed atmosphere
Great benefits
Learned new things
Busy but manageable
Understanding people
Helpful people
Company culture is horrible
Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 1, 2018
Never worked in such a company in the past - managers are rude to employees, and nobody takes his/her job seriously. Ironically, pay was not that bad.
Challenging work environment
Principal Technical Architect (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2018
A major performer in the large website development market. I was the Principal Technical Architect and Director of Quality Control. The company worked extremely well as a team and was well respected in the large website development business. As a result of the 9/11 attack in New York, the company laide off the entire New York Staff and closed their offices.
not the same
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 23, 2018
Used to be a good place to work and build your career.....the only focus now is sales and the financial numbers......The culture has changed and the focus on people has been lost.
This company struggles integrating acquisitions into the business.
Level lll Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 19, 2018
Some positions and processes need to be refined. There needs to be more forethought when integrating clients into ServiceNow.Working in the ticketing system requires a certain knowledgeability of the individual user so to not 'work' tickets incorrectly. This causes confusion. The ticketing system should be thought out with the SOM and SOP so that the right group is involved with the solutions rather than an individual's personal knowledge of an environment.