Dimension Data Employee Reviews

Buen lugar de trabajo
Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Enrique Foster 2250March 25, 2019
Buen lugar de trabajo, buena cultura y nivel de exigencias optimo.
Pros
Seguros, Bonos y viajes
Cons
Cambio de Gerencia regularmente
Lost its direction
Manager (Former Employee) –  USMarch 13, 2019
The company was great place to work with unlimited internal growth potential a few years ago, it has gone through some executive leadership changes that has changed the culture.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Executive Management
Dimension Data
Queue Management Specialist (Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 6, 2019
This global IT company sets out to meet the mission of the company and attempts to put into practice that which is best for organizational growth and profit.
No comment
Professional Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2019
This comment/review was required but I have nothing to say about the company or workplace or anything else. Done here and glad to be gone for sure folks.
Was a fine company to work at for a while
Senior GSC Systems Engineer II / O365 Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 15, 2019
Flexible hours and allowed me to work remote. Manageable workloads and good upper management.
People always willing to help and assist if needed.
Good career paths set.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too much upper management
Sinking ship
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 11, 2019
What once was an extremely positive and collaborative culture has turned into a numbers based rat race. With recent leadership changes and layoffs, the culture and direction of the business has taken a wrong turn.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Declining culture and working environment
Great people
Director (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 9, 2019
Most enjoyable part of the job - the people
Great pay and benefits
Volunteer opportunities; 16 paid hours to volunteer per year
PTO days paid
Client facing travel opportunities
Pros
Salary and benefits, bonus program
Cons
Worklife balance was a struggle due to the workload
Busy environment-Cisco Reseller
Workflow Specialist (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAFebruary 1, 2019
Bsuy Cisco reseller and maintenance providor, Managed and maintained Cisco equipment and telephony products for major fortune 500 companies. Throughout the entire world they have a footprint on almost every continent
Used to be a trusted, productive, adn fun place to work.
Senior Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 16, 2019
I have been there 17 years and for 16 of them they were very enjoyable and we were constantly rated one of the top 5 Companies to work for. Since the most recent CEO has taken over the sales targets have not been met and the monthly "All Hands" calls provided nothing about the financial numbers and the trouble we are in. From one Friday with a RA-RA call to the following Wednesday 200+ people were shocked with the layoff.

No longer a Top 5 place to work...
Dimension Data is awesome
eCommerce Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 14, 2019
Dimension Data is an awesome place to work. However it such a big company navigating the company to find new opportunities can be hard. We start our day with a daily standup where we summarize our work from the previous day, and what we intend to accomplish for the current day. We then get to work. The team is distributed globally so we communicate via slack and email. The company values indeed depends upon self motivated people who are able to thrive in an autonomous yet team oriented environment.
Pros
excellent compensation, opportunities to learm
Cons
project base work in a large gloabally distributed company, difficult to find stability
Driven organization
Manager (Current Employee) –  VirtualJanuary 14, 2019
The culture has been one of inclusivity and people first which is fantastic. Very motivated, and driven organization that, although a big company, operates like a startup in many ways. Some of the most talented folks to work with in the industry as well. Although over the last few years that has changed a bit with the constant change in leadership which isn't ideal long term. Moreover, there is a lack of focus and the business has spread itself too thin with too many goals.
"Accelerate your ambition"
Client Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 12, 2019
Workplace culture can vary depending on office location. Overall, people are great to work with! Can be hard to manage work/life balance based on the role and responsibility you hold. Opportunity for career advancement, especially if you connect yourself with the "right" people. Time off is great, benefits are good. Compensation could be better - those hired externally often come in with higher pay or replace veterans that have been with the company for a long tenure.
Pros
People are great to work with
Cons
Recognition awards/programs could be better utilized, Same people in top executive management are promoted
Workday
Proactive Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Work from homeJanuary 10, 2019
I would start each day by review emails and pertinent client events. If SIEM events or vendor notifications resulting in actions I would document specifics for the monthly and quarterly reports and open tickets for any actions needed by other teams. I would review specific client environments for events, health, and trending; Looking at every aspect of an asset from Hardware, Software, Operations, Availability, Performance and Compliance. All information would be documented in a monthly report. I would attend client meeting giving weekly or monthly reports as to the status of their security systems.
Pros
Work from home
Be wary
Linux Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 31, 2018
I worked at Dimension Data for 3+ years. My direct management was excellent. Be wary of upper management in other countries. The entire US/UK and Canada workforce was suddenly laid off and our job responsibilities transferred to our India team.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
being laid off suddenly without warning left a bitter taste in my mouth. No class to this company.
Great management and workplace culture
Linux System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 30, 2018
Throughout my time at Dimension Data I felt respected and had constant support from my team and management. The company would routinely have outings for all of its employees which would allow us to deflate and get to know our fellow colleagues. My day consisted of touching base with not only my clients but also my team to update them on any improvements or suggestions I had to better the environments. Coming from a start up and joining the Dimension Data team I did find it a challenge acclimating myself to the additional protocols in place. Overall my tenure at Dimension Data was fulfilling and gave me the opportunity to find my passion in the field of systems engineering.
Pros
Casual environment, collaberative teams
Cons
Few learning options for technical positions.
Workplace Culture
Sr. Client Director - Global Accounts (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 29, 2018
Culture is good. I have enjoyed my time working for DD. DD has a strong work and life balance and company is overall a solid player in the market. Great place to work.
Enjoyed my 17 years there.
VP/Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 24, 2018
Was a nice place to work. I enjoyed the interaction and support from my fellow employees. They offered many different training programs and encouraged taking advantage of opportunities to learn and advance your career.
Ability to work remotely was a key benefit for my position.
Marketing Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 24, 2018
My position afforded me the opportunity to multi task/role. However, very poor leadership and zero career advancement within the marketing organization.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
poor leadership, career advancement, no title recognition
Great Work Environment
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2018
I worked for Dimension Data for 1 year. They bought out the company I worked for. We were promised 1 year from the date of the merger, we would be employed. 1 year to the date they started laying people off.50-75 at a time. From what I understand, there are very few left that worked for the company I worked for..
Pros
Great salary and benifits
Cons
Could be laid off any day without warning
Good work environment
Data Entry Administrator (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VASeptember 16, 2018
Good work environment, but would like more room for growth within the company. I enjoyed the people I work with but sometimes I feel like there needs to be more communication between management and employees.