DINESOL PLASTICS Employee Reviews

2.4
Ratings breakdown
Slave labor do not work here!!!!!
Operator (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHJune 30, 2018
This is a thankless back breaking, brain breaking and ultimately Unrewarding job that is absolutely NOT worth the miniscule pay!!! I have had difficult jobs over the years such as line cooking and warehouse work so I don't have a problem at all with a decent day's work, but the SUPER LONG hours and VERY physically demanding/degrading work combined with the horrendous environment such as breathing in hazardous fumes and microscopic particles and moving Nonstop in temperatures exceeding 115 degrees are a recipe for guaranteed disaster. If you have ANY physical health conditions of ANY kind, DO NOT work here!!!! You will be sorry!!! If you want to acquire health conditions, then go for it!!! And work/life balance is non existent because after your shift ends, you won't be able to do much else except attempt to sleep while enduring extreme full body pain. I didn't even have time to make ANYTHING to eat at home because I rolled out of bed barely able to move about 40 minutes before having to be back again. I wouldn't do this job even if it paid double what my wage was AND with benefits! And lastly, don't use the restrooms unless you want to throw up or get sick due to COMPLETE LACK of sanitation standards! This job is NOT worth it, and that's coming from a lifelong blue collar worker.
Pros
Lol
Dinesol Plastics Inc.
Operator/ Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHMarch 20, 2018
Dinesol Plastics Inc. is a plastic factory. It wasn’t too bad when it came to the work and employees. But the environmental conditions were outrageous! Plastic material all over the floor and inhaling it, no difference in breathing. No sanitation but the work itself is bareable and the money is nice. It’s definitely not my ideal of a career thought
Fast paced and relaxed
Inspector/Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Niles OhioMarch 8, 2018
Its a good starter job but needs better pay. Good thing is it is weekly pay and you only work 3 days and then 4 days. Should have three shifts so you wont work 12 hours.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The hours for the little pay
Dead end job
Tow Motor Operator (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHMarch 6, 2018
I worked there 8 years ago when economy was terrible,(only reason I excepted job).I did advance quick from press op-floor person-tow motor driver(all within 5months).Only reason I advanced quick was my drive and ability to run circles round the jokers they hire.Like said prior they will hire ANYONE....So if you take the job plan on working around the sketchier people in your county.Oh I should mention i was paid the same for lead person/press op.I think I made a whopping $9/hr for tow motor.(pretty sure mcdonalds pays that)Also the person saying they learned computer skills is a joke,its a simple format my 9yr could do.Its not excel or microsoft word or anything you can learn and utilize at a new job cause trust me you will continue job hunting after excepting this job....
Pros
Will motivate you to find a new job
Cons
Everything you will do for this company.
Official response from DINESOL PLASTICS
March 21, 2018

Eight years ago....Many positive changes have taken place in that time span. I hope you were able to find more suitable employment.

very easy going
dinesoul plastics (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHFebruary 17, 2018
taught me how to take responsabilty in my work very easy going i was in my comfort zone it was amazing with alot of diverse people it was my second home i take pride in being apart of any team im on i am thankful for working in such a positive/productive enviroment!!!!
Pros
paid lunch breaks
Cons
healthcare
productive friendly and caring
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHFebruary 17, 2018
learned how to work as a group learned how to handle responsabilty an work as a team i also love helping it gets things done quicker an faster an being apart of your team i believe i can be a big p
art of helping
Slave labor for better or worse. They hire literally anyone.
Floor Person (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHDecember 23, 2017
It was a hard job, but it got my life back on track. I was a drug addict and needed income.

It’s hard work. If you can’t do hard work don’t bother.

If you have good attendance they pay a little bonus.

The pay for what you do is miserable.
Pros
Hired literally anyone, weekly pay
Cons
Hard work
Poor
Operator (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHJuly 7, 2017
There is no learning satifactions or any pay raise they have no benefits at all. The supervisor is not what she puts out to be . A 2 shift you may be able to relate better then C4 shift . You get paid more on night then day shifts.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No health care
Mucho trabajo
Floor leader (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 16, 2017
Un dia de mucho teabajo pero divertido cada dia se aprendia algo nuevo y como en familia.
you never knew if you had a job two weeks from now
press operator (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHJune 2, 2015
the work itself wasn't hard but not knowing if your job is there is a lot harder to deal with at that time they were doing Rubbermaid and a lot of downtime then they went to Martha stuart products which was temporarily overtime but wasn't a lengthy account
Pros
you worked you shift and sometimes the would allow overtime
Cons
worrying how long you would be employed
Not and ideal work envirement
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHSeptember 21, 2014
They really dont care if you get injured.
It wears you down you work 12 hours none stop you get 2 breaks and a lunch and that is pretty much it.
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
no health care
Official response from DINESOL PLASTICS
January 22, 2018

Reality is employees get 3 ten minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break. ALL BREAKS ARE PAID. They provide a free lunch to all employees everyday. Employees work 36 hours one week and 48 hours the next.

Dinesol
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Niles, OHSeptember 19, 2014
This company does not understand if you are sick or if you have children. You are only a number and are not treated like a person. Problems are not addressed and the supervisors tend to be more spiteful than professional. When the supervisors addressed with problems that need to be fixed you are told that you are whining, i.e; multiple operators come back late from breaks and when the floor person addresses supervisor he/she is told they are whining and the problem is not addressed and continues. This happens on C4's shift I am not sure if this happens on any other shift.
This place was ok.
Tow Motor Operator (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHJuly 23, 2014
Long hrs not very friendly people here.The company is not a good company to work for in my opinion.
productive work place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHMarch 6, 2014
long hrs. and not enough pay also I think it could be unsafe place to work
hard work
employee (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHJanuary 22, 2014
hard work environment, with a lot of people looking out for themselves. no one ever seemed to want and really teach you anything to ask how you were doing. never enough trained fork lift drivers to run the plant smoothly, they really run the place!
Pros
number of days off at a time
Cons
melt your face off hot in the summer
Its a paycheck
Laborer - Operator (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHSeptember 6, 2013
Dinesol was supposed to be a stepping stone while I went back to school to earn my degree in Information Technology. The 12 hour midnight shift did not allow time for me to go to school. A typical night at work (8pm to 8am) consisted of me showing up and hoping to get a press for the night. After you prove you are a strong, reliable worker they will automatically give you a press and you will not hae to worry about being sent home. The downsides to Dinesol are they will NOT hire you into the company, meaning you will be a temp for the entire time you work there unless you become one of the 3 supervisors: Plant supervisor, shift supervisor or technician supervisor. You will only get paid minimum wage, with the exception of midnight shift, you get a .25 cent differential for working midnights.

All I learned while I was there is that Dinesol is a place to get a paycheck but you can never make a career outof it. I learned that the technicians in that place do NOT care about their job and they certainly do not care about the product. I learned how to drive a fork lift and how the material for the plastic products are made. I learned how to change the dye buckets and even unclog the machines stand alone grinders. I learned the proper way to grind material and how to enter in product codes into the computer. All of these jobs I was never supposed to learn how to do, but with the way that the management and other handlers worked if I did not do it, then it never got done and I (the press operator) would get yelled at and written up for it; even if it was not my own responsibility.
  more...

My co-workers were a blast to work with, that place gets a lot of interesting people, lazy people, talkative and slow people. Some like to work and others like to stand around and talk. The main ones I liked, I made sure to work with because they were the hardest workers in that place and they trained me on every machine that was mostly important.

The hardest part about the job was the standing in one place for 12 hours straight. You can get past the technicians telling you to pass bad parts, (A smart operator would just laugh and throw them into scrap anyway) telling you that the white part is supposed to have a black swirl mark through it (again, the operator should know better) and then the tech will make the part so horribly disfigured that you can not fix it within the allotted 15-30 seconds time frame between parts. Another hard part is being yelled at for everyone elses mistakes. If a Floor person forgets to log in a label, you do not realize it, then you get yelled at for it because that label is now gone and the part is still listed as being in the warehouse. If it is not entered into the computer, letting the system know that you now have this box of lids, the system will still list it in the warehouse. This essentially messes up the entire inventory of it.

The most enjoyable part was learning how to drive a fork lift. Which is incredibly simple to begin with but learning how to navigate through tiny isleways and manuvering around various objects was the best part of the entire job. But not many people are allowed to learn to drive the fork lift.
Pros
paid lunch and breaks
Cons
minimum wage job, bad management, long hours.
Very productive job. My first opportunity to be a leader and feel proud that I was assigned that position.
Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHOctober 12, 2012
I learned how to use several different industrial tools, many different computer programs and how to be a leader that was fair and spoke great upon by the coworkers that were under my belt.
Fun workplace
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHSeptember 16, 2012
A typical day at Dinesol would be running the press(es) and keeping the area clean. And cleaning the machines as needed.
I learned how to pack different things they make into boxes and how to stack them then wrap them all in plastic wrap.
My co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Pros
good pay