Dinosaur BBQ Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 5, 2018
I took pride in prepping and cooking food for this restaurant. The line cooks and I worked well together as a team to get food out in a timely and quality manner.
Pros
Free meals per shift
Cons
No time off for family deaths
Job was a mismatch of skills, my bad.
IT Director (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 19, 2018
Expected a different role, job was far more detailed oriented that I expected. As a director, I didn't expect to spend 80% of my time on pure data entry functions.

Nice concept, nice people, but not the corporate environment that I was lead to expect and promote.
Pros
Nice compensation package
Cons
Job exceptions were to lower level for my skill set.
Cultural environment
Restuarant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2018
Very cultural envirment collaborative work place. Things were very fast pace and smooth. I felt that do to management changes a lot of favoritism was shown wasn't to fair but I hung and there and gave 100 percent.
Pros
Only discounts for bussers
Cons
Back of the house ate free
Bussers/Server Assistant is a very important position in a restaurant business
Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 10, 2018
Being able to work at Dinosoaur BBQ made me a very fast paced worker. I'm really glad that I had the opportunity to work there even there was a change in management which was ok with me.there was a change of rules but I adapted to the standards and gave the staff a great performance.
Chill work place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2018
Everyone does there job, minding there business.

Very active work place, gets packed during the holidays. Very easy to get overwhelmed

The employees are very cool
Pros
Cool environment
Cons
No raises
N/a
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJune 1, 2018
Was not a good place to work. They made managers work more and cut bonuses that were relied on. They claim to promote based on hard work but that rarely happens.
Productive workplace
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 28, 2018
If you are able to work under pressure and don't mind a challenge Dinosaur BBQ is the job for you. Its really a test in patience but the staff is wonderful and sooo hospitable.
Pros
Free meal $17 and down
Cons
Short breaks Extreme Temps
New Challenge Everyday from Management to equipment to hours
Server (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 11, 2018
They mean well they just could never get anything together. Really bad communications between management and employees, focus on minutia while the place is unraveling. Stuff always in disrepair for extended periods. Example: worked for 18 months at Newark store. Elevator for ice and other heavy items was inopoerable for 11 of them. smaller employees could not replenish ice for drinks so larger worker were constantly tasked with this work which required traversing a lot of stairs repeatedly every shift. SUCKED
Fun environment
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 1, 2018
Very busy environment fast paced caring staff . Excellent food menu. Flexible hours .
Smokehouse station, severs,runner station all top quality individuals great people.
Best place ever
Server (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 15, 2018
Lindsey was GM when I left still is. Great place. Fast paced for shows and events. Good money. Good company to work for. I would recommend this place to any server who can work in fast paced place.
Pros
Room to move up
Cons
None u can think of
My thought
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 12, 2018
Working fast pace in a busy restaurant is no games.
Works have to cumulate a big effort to get order hot and ready.
The kitchen always have large prep for the weekend
Pros
food is awesome
Cons
Working fast paced
must have tough skin to work here
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 19, 2018
best part of the job is they go threw mangers every 6 to 8 months so if you don't like this one don't worry the next one you might like . honestly if the management team didn't blame each other and actually cared even a little about there employees then maybe the Dino culture would come to life but its not. most managers have a chip on there shoulders as if i should bow my head to them when talking..... they want to over work you but not pay you more. the food is good i wont tell any crazy stories on here because there food is type decent .
Pros
half off one menu item
Cons
if they dont care about employees how can employees care about there job
Dino bbq
Manager (Current Employee) –  Harlem, NYFebruary 5, 2018
Typical day at work for me Is Starting out going threw Roster, wright up the floor plan. Then I check in with all other Managers and go over the nights special's and any important thing that I may need to know ( 86 items drink specials , soup of the day, Vegg of the day ) I do a total walk thru of the store Checking all temps, making sure all coolers are working. I then count the safe, get ready for shift meeting and begin the night/day. Then o the reverse at the end of the shift .
Pros
Great fun place
Cons
Not much room for advacement
just an awesome place to work.
Dish Washer/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 26, 2018
I worked back of the house but there was never a dull moment in the restaurant.everyone was comfortable with one another and had fun on the job while keeping up with all the daily task.
Hard Work
Prep Cook / Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 22, 2018
Dino was a tuff place to work with the amount of food that was put out. It was faced paced and not a place for people that where lazy. If you want to make good money and work hard this is the place.
Great place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 20, 2017
Some of the managers suck but other than that its a cool place to be just stay clear of the bs it will get u trapped of so pay close attention to what ur doing
good place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 6, 2017
fun start up job for newcomers would recommend it to anyone that wants to enter food service good working enviroment and excellent food and atmosphere
Event driven establishment, multicultural, great team of people
bartender/server/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 21, 2017
Enjoyed my time there, if possible would return... Met some amazing people along the way, who are big parts of my life. The money is great, great teamwork and great location. In the heart of newark
Pros
Discount meals, fun atmosphere
Cons
Some management
Great workplace
Busser (Current Employee) –  700 West 125stNovember 20, 2017
Great place to work at if you want to learn the restaruant business family establish work place is amazing fast pace always on your feet but dont give breaks
Legit spot
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 22, 2017
Very open environment. Willing to work with employees individual, unique needs. Knows how to keep staff for years and years. Struggles to give employees hours in the down seasons