Dion and Sons Employee Reviews

If you want a job were you will be appreciated, as long as you appreciate the job, this is a great opportunity.
service (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 11, 2018
I love my job. I am valued, I have vacation every year and health benefits for me and my kids, it is a full work day but allows me to feel productive and I go home feeling accomplished. The hardest part of the job is finding people who value what I do. I take care of my company and they take care of me.
Pros
great co workers
No fun place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 11, 2018
There trucks are old not maintenance. You arly do any driving all you do wet house there equipment is very poorly service. Your fulling and from any where is going to be liking.dispatch is rude. The manages are the same way.
Pros
They pay you overtime and double time
Cons
They work you. Till they burn you out
Good place to work for
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 21, 2018
Very fast pace and it was a team effort environment. Manager was in constant knowledge of what was going on in the department. Co-workers were very helpful.
Pros
incentives
Horrible
Load Rack operations (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Low pay rate. Ask for tasks that are illegal. Unsafe work environment. Hazards everywhere and trucks are not dot approved. Management is new and does not know what to do
Cons
Competive fuel lube and oil distribution company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2017
This location provided me with much education about products I never thought I would learn about such as racing fuel, lubricants, atf, and even corrosive materials. The safety in the location was number one priority. The coworkers were almost like family.
Pros
Great advancement opportunities with previous manger
Cons
With current manager my advancement stopped and actually began to go backwards, Felt like personal issues caused the decline
Fun and relaxed
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Santee, CAOctober 28, 2017
Good, fun, relaxed but low paying job. Always something to do, great co-workers and Boss. Never boring and able to work by yourself without much of any supervision
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Low pay
living nightmare
Superviser (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 20, 2017
worst place ever dont waste your time you will quit or be fired thats how it works here.i would never recomend this place to anyone.turn over is how they operate there is no future here.they will lie to you to get you in the door then could careless about you.i saw the inner workings there there its horrible how they treat people.
Pros
Cons
everything
Poor Review
Sr. Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 30, 2017
I work for a department that only does emergency jobs and sometimes there isn't enough work and they won't let you work in an area of the company that has plenty of work, the management treats us like step children, if our department needs anything truck fixed to get loaded or we need gloves they make us wait, unstructured
The owner is rich but the facility and management are not professional.
Load rack / warehouse (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 17, 2017
It was a good place to work in the begining learning a lot of new things, but once management see you are a good worker put more and more pressure on the good workers and let the barely get by workers do bare minimum work. They have no real safety program in place. No real eye wash stations maybe one in the whole 4 buildings in Long beach. Im not going to lie I've learned a lot in my 6 to 8 month stay. Thanks to a buddy of mine who taught me everything.
Pros
Plenty of overtime.
Cons
At will company, fire you for sneezing wrong.
cowkers are awsome and make it worth while
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 26, 2017
it is not a place where you can place your future it is temporary and if they feel threatened with your ability to catch on and show the skill to move up with the company they release you
Pros
great coworkers, great benefits, simple tasks
Cons
un fair pay rates, bad management, bad dispatching work
90% Wet hose job
Fuel Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 11, 2017
You work for your money here if hired to do wet hosing on PM shift. Equipment is old and poorly maintained. Great place to get your foot in the door into Oil Industry.
Pros
Unlimited O.T.
Cons
Equitment, Communication, Training
Friendly work environment.
Training & Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CA 90808March 2, 2017
Family run business everyone is very friendly and easy to get along with. I enjoyed my time with this company and was sad to see it end. It is a fasted paced work environment.
a hard place to work at ,no one is the same page.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 18, 2017
from a short day to a long one.how to load oils from top to bottom ,def is very easy . if you don't have any experience this the place for you ,,pay is good to OK.
Pros
get the experience you need to get a big buck job
Cons
put up with lots of headacks
Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92120February 16, 2016
Good company to work with. The people are nice and supportive. Night work takes some time to get use to. management is not perfect but they do their best.
Pros
ok benefits
Cons
slow maintanace repairs
Great for first time drivers
Truck Driver CDL A (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 31, 2015
Drivers wage are low. Really bad trucking fleet, the company doesn't do preventive maintenance. Out dated equipment is on the roads. Drivers get towed into the yard several time a month no lie. Management is a joke because everyone has bad communication with each other, when any incident happens everyone is quick to point there finger at each other, its always he said she said type of environment. At first management hires you with smiles and all but the minute you do something wrong your being talked to in an unprofessional manner. Good luck people. One thing I could say good about this job once your out on the work field your left alone unless your needed.
Pros
No one is constuntly bugging your.
Cons
Bad truck, low wage, over worked, bad communication
getting great experience
Commercial Driver/Class (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 1, 2015
Great job, I love the schedule and I am getting great experience driving a tanker and delivering fuel. although it is very hard work the offer overtime and double time.
Great family atmosphere
Committed employee (Current Employee) –  Long BeachMay 18, 2013
Great place to work with high expectations. Only for those who can keep up with a fast paced environment. If you can't catch on quick and hustle this is not the place for you.
Pros
Family owned, great atmosphere, growing fast
Cons
High performance expectations
Mentally and emotionally toxic environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Long BeachJanuary 9, 2012
The company lacks leadership, consistency, organization, communication, and employee appreciation. The rivalry amongst the "corporate" team is obvious,concerning, and quite uncomfortable. This is the type of company that believes they build employee morale by constantly correcting, writing up employees, or intimidating. It is by far the strangest dichotomy. Tread with caution when applying. If you get hired... good luck! You should be ready to figure things out on your own or decipher through a half hearted training.
Pros
heath insurance
Cons
health insurance plan is poor