Direct Auto Insurance

Direct Auto Insurance Employee Reviews

United States368 reviews
Featured review
Direct Auto Insurance selected this as a representative review
Honestly great place to work, laid back environment and help is always available. Management is readily available there is a problem and there is continuous training.
Some days would be just fun with a good atmosphere then there were days you felt like you had been drug through the mud. Management was always on you to do more or in a way they wanted. All and all it is what you make it.
Pros
Able to run with the phone sales and do your own thing for the most part
Cons
Watched everyday and monitored too much, marketing plan was bad that didn't work.
This company is flexible, they will pay for all of the training needed for you to succeed. Very great district manager and regional manager. I love working for this company.
They set unrealistic goals. Management wants agents to attached additional products to auto policies for customers that already struggle to pay monthly premium. If you don’t trick the customers into purchasing these products, you will be reprimanded, even terminated
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Good place to get experience, not grow. Rules and schedule changes often. PTO is an inconvenience to the company and you are responsible for finding your own coverage.
Not a good place to work ,low pay increase,no concern for employees safety ,micro management,handled the vivid 18 unprofessionally would not recommend anyone to work here
They have great benefits. Commission sucks but the hourly pay is ok. They work you like a dog. They would be fine if you lived in the office. The first quarter of the year is blackout dates and you cant take off. Turnover rate is extremely high. They squeeze every bit you have out of you until you are burnt out and have no choice but to find employment elsewhere.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Longs hours, micromanaging, no matter how many policies you write its never enough.
They definitely promote from within so that is plus
Management is top heavy

Different members of management are telling you the same thing at times

During Covid policyholders were being laid off but instead of lowering goals for sales agents management raised daily production goals while reducing workforce in our offices which increased duties for agents

Makes impossible to service policies
Great training, great co-workers, supportive upper management and good pay and benefits. This is a place you make a career out of and if you prove yourself it won’t go unnoticed.
Pros
Management, workload, pay and benefits.
Cons
I can’t think of anything.
Not a bad place to work but these people dont value their employees at all. They hire anybody and then dont give them the right amount of time to study and learn anything to pass the test. Not fair at all.
Cons-
You are an in office agent with no room to advance.

When I worked there you had to go out and solicit public for customers. office are in stripe malls as upper management feel people shop for insurance as they do for shoes, clothes clothes etc.

Pros- benefits were good
typical work place what you learned management workplace culture the hardest part of the job is nothing the most enjoyable part of the job is nothing.
No diversity in mid management! None at all in NC and Va. I exceeded all expectations of sales goals and customer service. Company wanted to count my money and train other employees to do my job. Lol. I made more money than Distract Sales Managers and saved the company on overhead by meeting expectations without being in a office! Go figure! Pay quality workers and get results
This company is TRASH! I worked in Richmond. The management works in Virginia Beach! You get paid 13.00/hr, your commission is probably trash due to chargebacks & also your coworkers stealing your policies. Managers micro-manage through Skype! I was there for 4 months, when I decided to let my manager know I was leaving, she told me “I wouldn’t find a job better than direct” at that point I was on manager number 3!
I have nothing constructive to say about Direct General Insurance . They micromanage their employees, create unnecessary stress, and they don’t serve their customers well.
Life was great the first 8 years New management came in and it changed the culture there was a lot of favoritism especially in pre lit would advise to think about it
You’ll be given 12 hrs of work to do in 8 hrs that’s not worth the pay, plus the way the pay set up it’s semi monthly. The managers micro manage you and co worker gossip like high schoolers
They treat their customers and employees terrible. Management is a joke. They do not care about family situations that sometimes occur. When I started working there I received my temp license then the only agent there quit. I was the only one working there and I only had a temp license. I thought that was not legal but I was told to “do not tell anyone” by management. I was the blind leading the blind.
Cons
This is a National General Company with all the things you hate about a big company. Sad bosses, no future, no raises and micro management. Keep looking or you will be sorry you wasted your time.
The only thing that I did not like was that management was always pushing you to write additional coverage that the people could not afford. So you do that and you never see them again. Other wise I think that it is a great place to work. I would still be there if that was not happening.
Customer service Agent who answers calls and take payment. With the options to obtain Property and Casualty License for Insurance. Give policy quotes and life insurance quotes