Direct Auto and Life Insurance Employee Reviews

Lies, Lies, Lies
Sales agent (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 7, 2019
This job is by far the worse job ever working in Insurance. The managers are terrible. Mess is kept up between agents due to the managers. the managers have their favorites, who they promote and have as their snitches. We are all grown, other agents/managers tries to find reasons to get someone fired. Then you get charge backs for customers who policies cancel. So you may go months with out getting commissions. customers cancelling their policy is beyond the agents control. So why should the agent lose money they earned for writing another policy for another policy that cancelled. Direct is an unfair company and not professional at all!! STAY AWAY...
Pros
Cons
everything about this job
Dont do it!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  AlabamaDecember 3, 2018
Literally the worst company I have ever worked for!!! They don’t care about their employees and will get written up even if you have a doctors excuse. This company is a complete joke
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Everything!! Seriously, worst company ever.
I was doing .y
Customer Service Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  fort myersNovember 12, 2018
I wanted to grow but i want to learn no one would want more trainnng also no one would try to help out just welll others that would be new wont show interset like i did its sad others get to stay did not do much work. When i was with direct in 2011 that team was #1 but in 2018 not good work lack of workinhg.
Pros
Train help the ones that really wanna learn
Cons
Get more train on job
Direct have a very stressful environment, high turn over rate (including management), no training.
PIP Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 29, 2018
Direct have a very stressful environment, high turn over rate (including management), no training, the jobs require long working hours on a weekly basis.
Pros
Flexible when taking off if you're in management.
Cons
No training, stress environment, high turn over rate.
No job security
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  N Little Rock, AROctober 15, 2018
It was a mediocre job experience. I have definitely been in worse places, but I have also been in much better. Although I am grateful for the two or three years that I was employed with Direct, I did not enjoy the gimmicky tactics that agents were expected to use to drive business.
Pros
Good relations with customers
Cons
Occasional door-to-door marketing
no pay
CALL CENTER TEAM COACH (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 8, 2018
no pay and long hours also you do get a position but the pay does not increase they have late shifts 11-8. my supervisor was great she really worked hard to help as much as she could but its only so much one person can so
Pros
No pay
Was ok.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLSeptember 12, 2018
Very easy going atmosphere, didn't get a paid a lot, management was not understanding. Nice agents, great benefits, good insurance, life insurance, health insurance.
Pros
chill job
Cons
low pay
The management changes frequently.
In-House Counsel (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 11, 2018
I loved working for this company. Unfortunately, in my experience, there was frequent management turnover. This was several years ago, though, so that may no longer be an issue.
Good exp.
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 24, 2018
A good work place and very reliable company to work for it

good insurance company to work for it

I was very happy there

supervisor very good

Flex work hours
Turn the other cheek
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 15, 2018
Horrible company to work for.. Micro raises and no advancement opportunities. Absolutely no annual bonus and if you happens to get it will be between 1 to 5 cents. Lots of work and they will find a way to add more.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Typical work day
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 14, 2018
Usually got to work about 9 am. Not much to do other than keep an eye on your cash drawer and make sure your customers have paid on their policies. New policies were sometimes a hassle because the new customer did not always have everything. Endorsements and renewals were the easiest.
Pros
good people
Cons
lapsed policies affect income
Dead end job with no pay increase after two years
Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Marble Falls TXAugust 8, 2018
No pay increase after two years. Not enough money to live on. I did not enjoy working at this company. I felt their expectations for production were far-fetched.
Pros
meeting customers
Cons
everything except for meeting customers
Great place to start your insurance career!
LICENSED INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 8, 2018
I'd go back if I weren't tired of the paybacks. It was a fun challenging environment and the managers really cared about your success. Hardest part of job was trying to sell life insurance as an auto insurance provider.
Nice Place to work
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed working for direct the time that I was there, The company was bought out by another company because the company was in some financial trouble
Productive Company
INSURANCE SALES AGENT, RETAIL (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 1, 2018
Very good company to work for, management was great, a typical day at work always learning and busy. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the pace.
Top Sales Agent
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 27, 2018
I love working at Direct as a agent. I learned how to sale insurance to customer and offer other coverage that they may need. Direct taught me how to be a great agent that I am now. Thank you Direct General
Pros
Cons
Healthcare
Fun place to work
Sales Office Support (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 18, 2018
Direct is a good company. I stayed for years, and would probably stay longer. But, i feel my calling may be elsewhere. If it works for you. do it. You get benefits.
Pros
fun, money, BEST coworkers, Awesome Teamleads
Cons
lots of work, late shifts
My experience
Customer Care Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 12, 2018
I went and tried to advance by applying for 2 different positions online. I did get interviews but I never would get pass it because of something that I didn't know about or something I needed to do that I was suppose to know about. The people I work with are awesome.I wish I had a lot more training sometimes but I get through it by taking it step by step day by day.
A job
Auto Property Damage Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2018
Work processes could be better but the company needs to listen to the employees! A lot of time wasted on non-productive meetings. Not a very positive environment and some of the employees get into physical altercations!
Poor management. Not trustworthy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 7, 2018
I was very dissatisfied with the District's management. Too much added stress, too much expected for the pay. Have to use your own vehicles for marketing, going to the bank, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Direct Auto and Life Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.