Direct Auto and Life Insurance Employee Reviews

Good Folks
Bi-Lingual Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 10, 2018
I worked here and got into the Insurance industry. I would go back if the pay plan was better and if they had a better location. the Lead Agent is AWESOME !!!
It’s ok
Auto Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Acres, FLMay 2, 2018
I have been working for Direct for 18 years and I am being paid below what a average agent with my experience would get paid. I am at the point where I can work from home and less stress.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
The pay scale is terrible
n/a
Office Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  MississippiApril 25, 2018
it is a high stress position with too much expectation and not enough man power and too much emphasis put on numbers and meeting number-related goals than attention to costmers and staff/staff relationships. They pay never did meet up with the demands of the position

The reason I stayed so long is my love for the clients.
Productive and a fun workplace
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Direct Auto and Life Insurance. I enjoyed working for my superiors and team members. I had to relocate to Puerto Rico on family matters.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Health Care Options
Tense working environment
LITIGATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 12, 2018
Upper level management (Director and above) was a revolving door. As a manager, your stretched in many different directions and the demands exceed what can be done in the scope of a normal day.
review summary
coustomer service (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 11, 2018
Direct was a family owned when I worked there the owners new their employees and family's. They did extra things to make being there not but a long eight hours but insteresting.
Pros
We had company picnic
Cons
Training someone else to take your job
I was thankful for the job oppertunity.
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 21, 2018
I would not return to this company for future employment. I am thankful for the job opportunity that Direct Auto and Life Insurance though. I feel like the management could have been more professional.
Productive Fast Pace work environment
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaMarch 19, 2018
Great management.
Overall great company to work for.
Continuous string of leads.
Hardest part is coming up with ideas to drive business during slow season.
Direct General
Auto Property Damage Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 17, 2018
Direct General was a good company to work for till National General bought them out. I think the Teams leads were great to work for. While as Direct General overall great company
Pros
Free Lunches, friend enviroment
Not for career minded people
Lead Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 13, 2018
This is a company where you write bad buisness so even though you write a huge amount of policies you can have double that to cancel, so you can end up owing them. Also, they require you to sale products you know are not beneficial to the customer. They also expect you to do work off the clock and clock in until you are in the office.
Pros
You get paid base pay and commission
Cons
You get chargebacks and they give penny raises. They also don't follow procedures when firing you.
Lead Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  TNMarch 12, 2018
I think they are a good place to begin in insurance and gain knowledge of the insurance field, I loved working there but I felt they didnt keep you up to date on the changes
Pros
knowledge
Cons
Not enough pay
Great people and company
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLMarch 5, 2018
The typical day would consist of getting all the adjusters faxes and mail together, when asked upon take them their files. I learned to work with a big company and how fast everything moved. Management was good very understanding and if there was ever a problem , I could always go to them. There was a mixture of culture and religion . The hardest part was when everything would get behind and had to get caught up. The most enjoyable part was we were all a big family.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Overall its a temporary job for sales
Direct Phones Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 4, 2018
It's a nice place to work but it's not a place that you can stay if you're on the sales side. A lot of changes have been made recently that make you fear for your job daily. Micro management is crazy. Calls are constantly being listened to, which isn't bad but the goals are unrealistic considering Direct doesn't do very many states. They want you to work through lunches and do overtime during season with the promise of lunch which is usually pizza. The management is childish and has no problem indulging in their employee's drama. The sick/PTO/Occurrence policy also needs work. If you're not someone good with time management and you know you get sick frequently throughout the year, this is not the place for you. Occurrences build quickly and do not get waved if the sickness is met with a doctors note.The best thing is the company pay's for all licenses that you have to have to work their with no contract.
Pros
pay for licensing, supervisors are nice, don't do too many things for the teams and more things for team leads
Cons
micro manage, sales driven, no room for movement, don't do enough states, not very professional
good start
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 27, 2018
good start for a career in insurance, management needs improvement, hard to make good commission if sitting in office with senior agents. will need to market and generate leads to increase sales, most sell ancillary products
Overall easy going environment but slow to change
Corporate Controller (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 30, 2018
The company has since been bought out and I do not know the current culture. Prior to acquisition, it was a pretty easy going environment but the culture was fairly complacent and slow to accept change or improvement.
Not an Organized Company
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 27, 2018
Writing new business and taking payments from current customers. A massive amount of paperwork with no organization from managers.

Hours are generally 9 - 5:30 with an hour lunch.
Pros
Customers call in for Quotes, come in for new business
Cons
Unorganized and little compensation for selling new products
Great Job for a Con Artist
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJanuary 25, 2018
The company encourages agent to take advantage of customers and their lack of knowledge. They policies aren't worth the paper they are written on. It isnt a place for a career!
Pros
You're employed.
Cons
You sell people coverages they don't need and give them whatever coverages you remember, and the company will reward them they will lie to recruit you, the pay is a joke with benefits to match!
Management needs improvement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 24, 2018
Direct auto and life insurance is a good environment to work in but it needs major help with management...................................................
Good Work/Life Balance
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJanuary 23, 2018
Direct Auto Insurance provides it's employees with a good work/life balance. With a two person office each employee has the flexibility to move with life. If need a off day for kid's, doctor visits, etc. it's not that difficult to obtain and always have Sundays off. The only thing that would make this company better in this category is Saturdays off as well.
Auto & Life Insurance
Director of Operations & Sales (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 15, 2018
It is a fast moving, ever changing environment. Customer Service is a key focal point. The business climate is sales and metrics driven. Multi-tasking ability is a plus.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of career development and interaction with the Executive Team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Direct Auto and Life Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.