Direct Energy Employee Reviews

ok
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2018
ok company to start off at for accounting experience when you first get out of school. you have to be a very patient person and very detailed in order to be a good accountant......
Pros
location
Cons
pay
Run for the Hills
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
ANY place is better than Direct!

Management positions are selected based on a high school modeled popularity contest. Then if management does not like you personally, you have no chance despite your skills or work ethic. However, if they like you, you can be the most incompetent, lazy, unproductive employee and they'll find a place for you - as long as you continue laughing at their jokes and do not challenge the status quo. And do not expect HR to advocate for you - they only advocate for the company - this place is a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Cons
Nepotism Like Management
Supervisor
Plumbing, Electrical & HVAC Analyst/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2018
Supervisor was unprofessional, untrustworthy, and unfair. My hours and position were changed without notice. I did not receive a raise yearly. I always received excellent yearly evaluations but was not compensated for my work. Paychecks were sometimes not paid on time.
For contractors Horrible place to work and worst vendor system
iOS Developer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2018
Even though company follows good practices, it's vendor system is very worst. The vendors are not paying to contractors in time or properly. When complained these things to the client, they also didn't care. It's kind of mental torture kind regarding payments.
Cons
Vendor Management System, Payment Delays
not my cup of tea
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 22, 2018
have said all I have to say with questions. I have answered all questions asked and feel there is nothing else to say about company bad supervisor. this is it
Very Open
Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2018
It was a very open work place. Coworkers were nice. Management had a open door policy that often times worked well. Management promoted growth and was good at assisting in the growth.
productive and exciting
Sales & Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 18, 2018
This was a great customer service and sales job experience for me. Many great people to work with and lots of room for advancement as well. I think that I had a great time during my 3 years working for Direct Energy.
Pros
annual sales trip
Cons
company is down sizing
East Peoria - Authorized Agent (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJune 14, 2018
Commission is nice and it's great to connect with customers! It's great on my body to with all of the walking I do. Also my co-workers are easy people to connect with and I enjoy being around.
bad work environment because of manager
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 10, 2018
bad work environment because of manager. the manager hounds you like a dog does not give you a chance to breathe. He is very unprofessional he will talk to you disrespectful in front of customers.
Innovation
SR BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 7, 2018
Direct Energy was at the forefront of innovation within the energy space. Multiple initiatives and implementations greatly improved the efficiency of operations while enhancing the customer experience.
Pros
Innovation
Cons
High turnover
Poor
Claims Authorization Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJune 6, 2018
Lack of support by management. Too stressful for the pay. Police type atmosphere. More responsibility without more pay. Untrained new hires getting more pay than seasoned CSR's.
Great People
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 4, 2018
The people were the greatest part of the job. I was able to foster many friendships during my employment. Often times, we were expected to do more work with less people and it could be extremely stressful without much work/life balance.
Great place to grow
Bilingual Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 29, 2018
I take incoming calls for customers who sign up for service.
I do renewals,file complaints, solve billing issues, cut checks for refunds and i also do back office work for the office of the president.
Pros
Very friendly environment
Cons
Commission structure
review
Realtor Relations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMay 21, 2018
Summer is defiantly the busiest and most stressful time. Work loads double and over time opens up. Depending on the department the culture changes. Just like any large company things change at a fast pace.
Hwa
Senior Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILMay 14, 2018
Management is not together at the end they finally put someone in charge to run the place but by that time everything had went down the drain. the benefits are great job culture a plus but management leaves a lot for the imagination. I think that if they had the management team they ended with we would still have a job they outsourced part of our company off site leaving 200 people out of a job
benefits
Cons
management
Outbound Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2018
I have been at this company for 5 years and did not intend to leave unfortunately they are closing my call center which is the only reason I'm leaving.
Pros
great work enviornment
Cons
no to much advancement options
hard to work there
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXMay 8, 2018
Direct Energy helped me pay the bills but there was never any consistent team building that would require the agents to all work at the same level therefore, too many agents were only there to punch the clock and go home instead of doing the right thing by the consumer!
DE was a great family to have and made it fun to come to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 4, 2018
I've worked for Direct Energy since 2014 and have seen many changes take place over the year. Even for it's faults DE has always taken care of their employees. The sight is shutting down soon and layoffs have been announced across the board, however they are still giving us the tools we need to set us up for success for the next part of our journey. I have enjoyed working across multiple brands and with multiple teams and there has always been a great sense of community and family. Management is the same. Most managers will go out of their way to make sure you have what you need to succeed. DE will be missed!
Pros
No dress code, fun contests, employee engagement
Cons
Phoenix Contact Center is shutting down
Very Competitive And Relaxed
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2018
This Job Was A Brain Stinger. It Gave Me Something To Look Forward To In Life. I Would Recommend Anyone To This Job.
I Would Definitely Go Back To Work For This Company.
Pros
You Are Your Own Boss
Cons
You Dont Get Paid Unless U Make A Sale And Thats Not Always Guaranteed
Productive and Fun work place
SUPERVISOR - CUSTOMER & SALES, IB RETENTION (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 3, 2018
loved it! Voted 10 best companies to work for in 2017. the people , environment and business was great to work with. Site is closing down 06/2018 and reason for departure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Direct Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss