Direct Energy Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work
Telesales customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 5, 2018
This was not a bad place to work just needed a better management crew and more room for growth in the company and allow people to use all the skills they posses not just the ones they choose.
Pros
meet new people and great benefits
Cons
not a place where you can call long term don't know when they will let you go
Nice Job
Customer Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 2, 2018
Wasn't the greatest or easiest job to deal with but it was a job. Always high turnover and the job required much but was pretty easy task to fulfill for a job.
Great Part-time Income
None (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 22, 2018
Amazing opportunity... worked remotely from home.. acquired a lot of knowledge with regards to the running and operations of the utility equipment in a home. My day job required more of me so I had to release myself from the contract
Pros
Working from home
Horrible
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  HoustonOctober 21, 2018
Not a good place to work . Like a previous reviewer stated, you won't get promoted unless you have friends there In manager positions who will promote you. That's why there are so many incompetent managers that rejects from other companies.
Male dominated company which wouldn't be an issue with an ethical company
Pros
There are no pros here at direct energy
Cons
Too many to list
Bla blallalblallbal
A/c technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 17, 2018
Good job for beginners or non driven individual . If you don't want to make you're own money this is the place for you. To many bosses caddillacing on your back. At my time employed my success was my failure in moving up the ladder . I was the highest in tech sales and highest in repair revenue so to get out of the field and move up was very difficult..
Pros
Work was steady
Cons
Management act like your're topped on pay .
Fun
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kennedale, TXOctober 14, 2018
It was fun I'm at a lot of new people and I learned how to maneuver with my words more efficiently incorrectly kind of like a Jedi hahaha... I was also able to enjoy meeting the mystery shoppers they were very cool and help coach me to be better than what I was if it wasn't for them I would not be there salesmaster I am now
Experience at DE.
Margin Power Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2018
I have enjoyed working at Direct Energy, it is a great place to know the energy industry. I would highly recommend working at Direct Energy due to the management and culture.
location is closed
Inbound customer care (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 3, 2018
Direct energy was a fun and great place to work until all of the jobs in my location were out sourced over seas and over 4000 employees lost their jobs
Learning Experiance
Appointment Tracking Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 3, 2018
While employed with Direct Energy I learned that no matter how devoted you might be to a company and adjusting your personal life schedule constantly for business needs. In the event of an emergency they did absolutely nothing for me. And on top of that they terminated me based off of hearsay instead looking into whom was actually at fault.
Very charitiable place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 23, 2018
Everyone says hello each day. I have learned a lot over my time there. The hardest part of my job is getting everything done in one day. The most enjoyable part is the people.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Trying to get everything done with no overtime
Productive and Open work environment
Senior Financial Analyst, Retail Division (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 19, 2018
Very progress corporate headquarters with state of the art technology, open office seating, break rooms with a lot of food options and ping pong tables, and corporate dining.
Not recommend
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2018
I would not recommend to sacrifice any other opportunity for this company. The company has a high employees turnover rate. High employee turnover costs your business money and compromises its reputation.
Cons
Company constantly replace knowledgeable workers to cut cost.
Very nice working place.
Technical Lead/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJSeptember 17, 2018
Direct Energy is very nice working place with lots of opportunities. you learn lots about utilities industry and able to apply it implementation. Utilities industry is unique and new opportunities open up allot if you have business knowledge.
training was exceptional
Account processor and manager (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYSeptember 15, 2018
loads of calls and if you used proper call protocol execution you are able to sell product well..management usually not around to support work place culture very diverse. explaining to customer about the service provided
Pros
call execution for bonus pay
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 10, 2018
I schedule appointments for people that needed assistance I think it was a very nice and fun workplace. There was many opportunities for advancement. A great place to work
Pros
Raffles, prizes, company picnics
Cons
I got laid off
unlimited commission, with a pool table and food trucks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 8, 2018
setting appointments for customers that have issues with HVAC, Plumbing, or Electrical, and suggesting suitable coverage plans for any other foreseen issues in the home.
Pros
unlimited commission, many raffles
Cons
I got laid off
Ok company to work for
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 4, 2018
.Ok company to work for there was originally much growth and good people managers were not knowledgeable hope the best forth to the company .........
Direct Energy was a nice company to work for
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 27, 2018
When I was hired, I was tricked into believing it was for the long haul, however they orchestrated a massive hiring event, which forced new hires to believe that the positions that they were hired for were permanent positions, but the company new from the very beginning that they only needed people to get the company caught up so that they would be ready for a massive lay off due to the outsourcing of jobs to India for budget cuts
Pros
sometimes meals were provided by the company, and they offered discounts at several different establishments for the employees of Direct Energy
Cons
It was a temporary position, posing as a permanent position
Good serious work environment
Natural Gas Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJAugust 16, 2018
Collaborative work environment. Easy to get along with management and other employees great if you want to get into the energy business. Amazing first job
Good Company
Sr. Gas Analyst - Small Business Portfolio (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2018
Direct Energy has a different culture for oil and gas because its owned by a British company. I enjoyed my time there. The people are great and the environment is nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Direct Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight