Direct Marketing Solutions Employee Reviews

If you like to work 6 days a week and get paid almost nothing this is the job for you!!
Professional Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2019
Pay is 1/4 of what they claim in interview. 60+ hrs a week NO OVER TIME. I was assaulted on job & they brushed it off.
I GOT PAID $140 for 65HR WEEK!
Horrible and unsafe
Chief Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 12, 2019
Unsafe and horrible leadership. Some has died there and others have been hurt badly. They dont care about their employees and they make horrible business decisions.
If you like to work lots of overtime this is the place for you.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 6, 2019
The main problem is the lack of career advancement here. This is the only place where I could pretty much work unlimited overtime, so it was nice for a short period of time.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
poorly mananaged, little career advancement oportunitys, too much overtime, high turnover
Very poorly run Mail House
Bindery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 20, 2018
My first day started with an overview, not of the company or of the shift I would be supervising, nor an introduction to my staff, but a comprehensive set of instructions on how the vending in the break area worked.

The management above me did not really seem to have a good grasp on the details of running such a large operation, and tended to allow their subordinates (for lack of a better word) push them around.
Several times a night I was given contradictory instructions, and therefore lost a lot of credibility with my crew as it would appear that I could not make up my mind.

The equipment is poorly kept, but there are those on staff that do their best with what they are given.

It was highly unorganized, and while I was there, instead of consolidating under one building, or in one corporate park, they moved the "pressroom" to another building approx two miles away.

All in all, while not the worst place I have ever been employed, I most certainly would not recommend it.
Pros
Close to public transportation
Cons
Poor management, unorganized
Good Place to work
Sweeper (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 28, 2018
They are a good place to work. I would show up and the manager is already there, ready to go. I liked the hours because you could work over-time if needed.
Great workplace
Temp Sorter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 1, 2018
Sorted mail and built pallets. fast-paced environment, handling lots of paper. long hours, some days could be slow but typically were busy. worked 3 days alternating weeks and 4 days the on the other weeks.
its a good first job (kinda of out of order because i just seen the questions on the side)
Warehouse Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 14, 2018
I learned how to use pallet jacks and never really had enough time to learn how to use the forklifts. I met some cool people everyone there were pretty friendly. The hardest part is probably trying to stay busy on days we were slow. They also were flexible wit letting you pick your hours and if you have emergencies they would let you handle them as long as you come back. The main reason I left was because the new manager,he was not very organized. I think the job will figure it out but I really enjoyed the experience.

typical day there for me would be to wrap pallets with plastic wrap and corner boards and put them on trucks with the pallet jack, also I would unload trucks with the pallet jacks. If no trucks or pallets was available, I would sweep or mop and just make the warehouse look good and safe. The most enjoyable part would have to be meeting the people.
Pros
independent breaks, good benefits, relaxed enviroment
Cons
new management, short breaks
production line
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 9, 2018
I have nothing much to say but I was really interested to work for the company because of the benefits and good starting pay that I could've worked long term but i was laid off
Mail Sorter/Machine Operator (FM3)
Machine Operator/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 13, 2018
Worked there For 3 short loving Years. Started off as a Sorter and Switched to A Machine Operator. Great People, Great Work, Very Fast Pace. Loved it. And I really Miss It there.
Pros
Co workers, work, good Pay
it's a decent place.
Data entry (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 18, 2017
I love working there but HR department told me in my position there is no raise and there is no way I can make a living with no raise, I have a family to support and will need a better paying job.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
under pay
fun place
Backup Supervisor for HA Dept (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 13, 2016
work itself is great. dealing with lots of projects. interacting with clients. hardest job is that you are not allowed to leave if task is not completed.
Direct Marketing Solutions
Folder Operator/Bindery Trainer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 28, 2016
I would check in with the supervisor to receive job list. I would operate a folding machine and general bindery duties, whenever needed.
I learned different folds, setups and new a paper handling system and new machinery.
My supervisor was fair, honest and helpful.
My co-workers were good people that were understanding.
Any down machinery would make a tough day ahead.
But, knowing that I got jobs finished for the clients with quality work and within the needed timeframe would make it worth it.
Cons
12 Hour shifts
my experience
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 25, 2016
good place to work if ur looking for a job and they pay is pretty good the hardest part is remembering everything that needs to be done but u will have enough time to learn with training.
fun work environment
Sales Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 4, 2016
Great place to work, Very competitive amazing offices the only bad part is that we only got paid commission. Our Daily routine was to be on the phone all day which was not very fun.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
commission only job
Poor Managment
Press Feeder (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 20, 2016
Hard worker, but no recognition, company went furlough without notifying the employees and bad communications. Benefits were not pay out to employees once company closed
bindery
Bindery Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 7, 2014
a typical night because i worked night shift. we showed up and had a meeting in our bindery area, and the supervisor put us on machines depending on experience and the product that is really needed that needs to be done fast . then we get to work , the rules were pretty relaxed we could talk ,joke around and listening to head phone as long as we are working , we got 4 breaks working a 12 hour shift. 3, 10 minutes and 1 , 30 min.
Pros
flexible schedules, positive people, great supervisors, relaxed environment, overtime / double time
Cons
nothing
Working with DMS
Sorter Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 11, 2013
Typical day at work starts off with going to work at 5pm. heading to my machine and getting straight to work. breaks every 2 hours. fast speeds and great people. I learned here that its more than zip codes on mail. the management was amazing i got along with my supervisor really well. my coworkers although not everyone got along there were some pretty amazing people there, in addition to that i got to learn about many different cultures and what some people believe. The hardest part of this job, would have to be when i started. I got little sleep the day before and had to adjust to a 12 hours schedual. But the best part would have to be, Learning how to use different machines and meeting woderful people
Pros
good pay, great management, great people, fast pace
Cons
working the most 4 days a week
Productive and positive atmosphere
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 19, 2012
Manually entered timesheets into database for hundreds of employees with hundreds of different production codes daily for our permanent and temporary employees. Completed weekly reports for payroll processing. I was self managed for the most part, which I enjoyed very much.
Pros
self managed, on site store for employees