Direct Travel Employee Reviews

Too much drama.
Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  VirtualOctober 8, 2018
Manager favors certain people and shares too much personal information with other employees. Drama, drama. Account was micromanaged with little training. One person had two weeks training and the other had two days.
Pros
Some co workers are great!
Cons
Lacking in training
Official response from Direct Travel
April 25, 2019

Thank you for sharing. We hope that you can have a conversation with your manager regarding your concerns about the work environment. We are a company who encourages all of our offices to have a positive and professional work environment. We're happy to say that 94% of our employees do say that they're satisfied with us as their employer!

on site location
Experienced Senior Agent (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 22, 2017
Easy paced work life with time to enjoy the job, great manager coached you through the day and always ready to assist often stayed after work to complete projects which was acceptable
Pros
great manager
Cons
commute to office
Official response from Direct Travel
April 25, 2019

We're so glad that you shared your experience! Did you know that 9/10 of our employees say that they would refer someone in their network to DT? We credit much of this to our managers, our coworkers and our overall culture/ vision of this company! We truly have wonderful people employed here and are so thankful for the passion that they bring to work each and every day!

great place to if you want work/life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  virtualOctober 4, 2017
Overall Direct Travel is a good company that is going through plenty of growing pains and rapid change. Great work life balance for agents and other virtual employees, laid back and friendly colleagues.
Fast Pace and intresting
Domestic Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2017
Direct Travel was fun and energetic fast pace loved that was thankful how they take quality control seriously over the top customers service importance was well driven home to agents on a daily basis loved that too.
Pros
Trade Shows the care of customers services quality control
Cons
improvement on 401k benifits
Positive Environment
Home Based Independent Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJune 12, 2017
I am a certified cruise travel specialist, I enjoy working with my clients and truly enjoy helping them in their decision making process. I love helping them overcome the challenges they may face while determining what will work within their schedule or budget, and especially enjoy helping fulfill their dreams of a once in a lifetime experience.
Pros
Great work environment / working from home office.
Cons
Too much down time.