DirectEd Educational Services Employee Reviews for Substitute Teacher

Volatile classroom environment
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAAugust 14, 2018
Working for directed is a good job if your just looking for some extra cash. The main issue that I was not informed of was the type of schools I would be working at. The majority of the schools are in terrible neighborhoods and have kids that show very little to no respect for educators.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Bad children
Official response from DirectEd Educational Services
August 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your honest feedback. We are sorry you had a negative experience. Please note that as a substitute you are always able to choose the school you would like to work at. If you need details on a specific location you are not familiar with, please reach out to our team and they'll be able to assist you. DirectEd is committed to partnering with schools in all neighborhoods including those with at-risk students to improve outcomes for students, and our team is here to support our teachers in any way possible in order to reach that goal. However, we understand not all schools are the right fit for everyone. We encourage you to reach out to our team to discuss which locations may better meet your expectations. Always reach out, we're here to help you!

Good, solid company
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 20, 2017
I've worked for Direct Ed for 2.5 years, full time and part time during the school year (depending on my availability to sub). The staff is extremely friendly, helpful and very on-the-ball with what they do. Great people and great company to work for!
Official response from DirectEd Educational Services
May 23, 2018

Thank you for the fantastic review! We are thrilled to hear you've had a great time with our team. We hope you continue to be part of DirectEd, if there's anything we can ever do to improve upon your experience, don't hesitate to let us know!

Great experience.
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sherman OaksJune 29, 2013
I've had one of the best employment experiences of my life since I have worked for DirectEd. The relationships I have established at the school I was placed at will last a lifetime.