Dirt Cheap Store Employee Reviews

It is a fun working place and it keeps people busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNApril 19, 2019
Dirt cheap was a calm and fun place to work at. It was a busy place always. Customers never mess with you and the managers never rush me to get something done fast.
Pros
No one mess with you
Cons
Short breaks
Productively stressful
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atmore, ALMarch 9, 2019
As a cashier, there is usually one, unless the line becomes a little big. The prices and scanners are usually different or aren't in the system. Even though you are a cashier, you are also a sticker, and are responsible for maintaining the clothing and items in front near registers. Also you call your manager up to the front slot because of questions, items not coming up or not correct. Customers also talk to you rudely because of confusion.
Pros
10% discount and short hours
Cons
no breaks and requires 1yr employment for benefits. night shift is the worst.
stressful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 26, 2019
We work too hard try to make the store to look like walmart, target the schedule is terrible but you want to work this days they will chance and not tell you
Pros
30 min to a hour breaks
Cons
you'll not get off on the shecdule time
Processor (Current Employee) –  Blue Mountain, MSFebruary 17, 2019
It’s okay . Team leaders some time be a butt but it’s an easy job for 8.50/hour . Would recommend to anyone that’s looking to get a job in hurry . Little drama here and there and they’re fair on most occasions
Started off nice when opened but then went downhill as time progressed
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 11, 2019
Store opened with good workers and good attitudes. Ran great the first year with the same crew, hours did go down at some points and that caused loss of good workers. The company itself is not a good one to work for, they dont allow advancement easily like they claim when you are hired. If you have a family or children they do not care, they rather workers who don't. If you're lucky to get decent store managers then you might get a good schedule. Workers are rude and lazy, they treat the customers horrible because of they way they are treated at work. They workers also aren't protected or given any guidelines on how to handle hostile situations and managment allows workers to be threatened and harassed without stepping in. Actual customers have called police for some situations.
Pros
Its an easy job.
Cons
Pay, hours, company, management
Good place to work, excellent management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Affton, MOJanuary 6, 2019
I enjoyed working at dirt cheap. The pay was considerable. The staff was friendly to each other and we had excellent management. I can’t speak for other dirt cheap stores but the Affton location was a good place to work!
Pros
Pay was decent for type of job
Cons
There were no benefits
The job was very easy but stressfull at times.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 4, 2019
While working at dirt cheap you meet alot of nice anf caring people and build close relationships with coworkers and certain customers. The work crew was more like a friendly family and it was very easy to work with everyone.
Pros
Meet new people, learn about liquor and tobbaco, good benifits.
Cons
Dealing with drunk people.
Very productive place to work. warm welcome.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSNovember 27, 2018
Very good work enviroment. friendly customers. Friendly co workers.

Off every Sunday. Very porductive. And the manager cares about the employees and their families.
Pros
discount
Cons
standing up all day. no cell phone on persons.
Poor and untrustworthy management
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Petal, MSNovember 23, 2018
My experience with working at my local Dirt Cheap Store was very disliked. I was treated poorly and was disrespected in many different ways. One way I was disrespected was when store managers would lie on me and tell my district managers that I was not doing my work, and they would also say that I would not do the work I was told do. I am a very efficient and cooperative worker, and to have my own managers disrespect me and lie on me is a waste of my time and efforts to a store that does not treat their employees right.
Pros
30 minute breaks
Cons
Bad Management
Okay job if you can survive on $8 an hour
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALOctober 27, 2018
Good first job for people wanting to get their feet wet. Unfortunately I can’t survive on $8 an hour. But it’s a great first job for anyone and the employees are always helpful.
Pros
10% associate discount
Cons
$8 an hour
Good place to work at one time
receiving and stocking associate (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXJuly 16, 2018
Changing the products and management has made it impossible to work for. The store has quickly gone down in business with no labor hours available. It has made it very sad for everyone.
Good relationship with coworkers and customers
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARFebruary 9, 2017
I enjoy working with associates and customers. The hardest part of the job is the physical requirements of lifting heavy boxes and standing on cement for an entire shift.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
Physical requirements and hours
Their productive are reasonable
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 6, 2016
It is an easy job, and it have great customer service. good management, and cool environment. Their products came at a reasonable price and they had all type of discount. they kept the floor clean, and the shelf straight.