Disability Services of the Southwest

Disability Services of the Southwest Employee Reviews

great co-workers
great opportunity to get know people in both employees and clients. very diverse. enough work to have 40 hours plus and bonusus. working 7 days aweek and split shifts
Terrible Management
All executives are family
They mess up all of the time and blame employees. Would not accept an employee survey I created that had any questions about management.
It’s a very good place to work, it is a very relaxed atmosphere. The workload was good not overwhelming and they have good benefits and the management is very good.
Very energectic; amiable; problem solving; meeting customers needs.
Fast learner; eager to accept challenges; team player; dependable, reliable & effective. Independent, professional, educational training, Cash Handling, Reports, All other duties as assigned.
All work and no beneficial compensation
Typical work week is well over 40 hours. The pay is not commensurate with experience, education or actual hours worked. There is no compensation for working a regular 8 hour day and then also having to work and additional 4-12 HAB hours for an employee who has called in sick or because the client does not have an attendant. Regularly on call and needing to provide services which leads to little personal/family time.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Work is meaningful, but pay scale is too low and management is inconsistent.
I enjoyed working with my supervisor who trained me in billing procedures, record keeping and travel reimbursement. Pay was extremely low for the work load and management was inconsistent with an excessive turn over rate. Workplace culture was good as there were daily and weekly staff meetings. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my co-workers. The work is fulfilling.
Pros
Daily and weekly communication between staff and management.
Cons
Low pay with excessive work load
Enjoyable Job
I enjoyed my clients and the company was very professional and accomodating. Easy to get ahold of and accepting of having holidays off. They make sure to provide you with clients that you are able to handle and provide the best service for.
Horrible place to work
Most stressful job ever! Management does NOT exist. Sink or swim. Horrible training! It's a free for all that work there because mgmt is NEVER there. They do not care for their clients.
Small office agony
All jobs will have some issues, but some things can be prevented. Working in an environment with lack of communication can make others jobs difficult.
Didn't work here long
There is nothing professional about the Dallas location. The administrator works in the Ft. Worth office to so the atmosphere is probably the same. If you're looking for an unorganized, tacky, unprofessional, unfair atmosphere then this is the place for you. You'll walk in smiling and walk out mad at yourself because you put yourself in the situation. If you want to work somewhere where training sucks, then apply here. If you are looking to be stressed out every day, then apply here. If you want to sleep under mountains of work with little pay, then apply here. I left to save my sanity and to get away from the foolishness that goes in on that place. Corporate really needs to investigate this office. They have a very high turnover rate and it seems like they don't care. You would think that since they are spending so much money on hiring people and getting them in that they would try to revamp how they have been doing things to keep the people they hire there. That's not the case though. The company doesn't care about retention at all. They seem to not mind having to start over all of the time with new people. Poor business ethics.
Don’t do it
This company is behind on paperwork and tries to push it off on the new employees. Very little training so eat or be eaten basically. No 401k and the pay is HORRIBLE for all the work you have to do. It’s not worth it.
Horrible Management Dallas Location Currently looking for another job
Do not apply. The administrator is horrible and so is the lead program director. The way they maneuver is borderline bullying. They thrive off of piling things on you with ridiculous deadlines. The administrator acts as if she does not know what's going on so that she don't have to address it. The lead program director will make you want to fight her on right then and there. The place is very unorganized. There is so much tension in the place. The most malicious gossip lives at this location. Very under paid. Find work elsewhere. I should have paid attention to the reviews myself.
Good Work Environment
DSSW offers excellent opportunities to therapists and other health care professionals looking for stable and profitable work. Applicants must be self motivated, have a positive attitude, and enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds.
Lack of training
Management was very poor and unprofessional. There was favoritism with some employees and gossip in the workplace. Within a couple of months employed with the company there was a high turn over rate. The lack of training was unacceptable and I wouldn’t recommend working or applying for this company. Majority of the clients don’t have caregivers and are never seen. Also caregivers paid very poorly and never get raises or even benefits for the amount of work the do for the clients.
Poor management, no room for growth, lack of communication
Pros:
They'll hire you immediately

No one is paying attention to you

Cons:

No one is paying attention to you

Poor communication

Poor management

No teamlike atmosphere

No room for growth

Unorganized

Minimal pay
bad management
They have no sort of organization. Job was nice in that you had minimal contact with headquarters, but since it is like that, they probably don't even know who you are. They called me a little over a month after I quit asking why I wasn't clocking in and out. Very beginner type job.
Save yourself some time and apply somewhere else
This is stressful job! If you don’t have a life then go ahead work here. You have to work long hours and meet deadlines, management will ask you to finish a job (that can be done the next day) before you leave. They offer bonuses but will always find a way to not pay it because you somehow didn’t meet their standards or the office is not making enough money.
They will praise your job but at the end they will fire you in a heart beat.
Pros
Cons
Low pay for a demanding job
Good place, good people.
Great management. I had the privelage to work for fantastic bosses all the way from controller to the CFO. The Treasurer was a very kind and good man. They are very understanding and fair. As long as deadlines were met, they are very flexible. My coworkers were very friendly. Compensation could be better. Overall a good company to work for.
nice job
played games with the lady I was taking care of, I would some times make her lunches, it was a fun job I think. there was some things I had to do that I never had to and that was help bath her, I would do her hair some times.
A company that thrives on chaos
The best part about this company are the people and the worst would be management. So much nepotism. It's hard to do your work when people are constantly going over your head and going directly to your supervisor because they treat the place like a sorority. Open door policy does not exist here and don't expect to get credit for work that you put in because it'll get claimed by your supervisor. This company does not want you to think and does not encourage growth they just want you to push the work out like it's a factory,
Pros
Hour long lunch, birthday cake every month.
Cons
Management, compensation, work environment
Do not work here
First off you can’t make a living off 8.00 not if you have a family!! Secondly management is HORRIBLE, it’s hard to get in contact with anybody from the corporate office so don’t bother calling the 1-800 number. Third and lastly keep up with your hours because they will keep your money and act as if they don’t know what happened. It happens all the time in the time!! Pay ATTENTION
Pros
Clients
Cons
Everything else
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Disability Services of the Southwest. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6