Disabled American Veterans Employee Reviews

Great place to grow and learn new skills
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 16, 2019
Great entry level retail and production job. They are all about second chances if your work history isn't great :) I recommend . I learned cash handling
very stressful work environment
Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 12, 2019
too stressful, my job requirements ,which includes the constant receival of phone calls, pulling files for the service offcr., after a call and the difficulty of getting along with the staff: other secretaries and the service oficers.The benefits were not good neither was my salary.In all the DAV is NOT A great place to work:(.
Work here if a position is open.
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Columbia Heights, MNJuly 20, 2019
It's the best job I've had. If I need anything all I have to do is communicate to the office. We get plenty of vacation times. Sometimes the workload is short. The hours are on you though. It doesn't matter if you are constantly late getting your truck. Just don't ever be late dropping the stuff off. That's how you get in trouble. You can expect 4-10 work weeks.
Stressful job and poorly managed
National Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 2, 2019
Thought this would be my dream job, but soon learned that what they want is employees who are yes men. These seem to be the individuals that advance, as opposed to hard work, intelligence, and strong leadership qualities, which are not important to National Staff. Direct office supervisor not qualified and used employees as stepping stones. No support from National staff or conflict resolutions. They always side with the hand selected "yes person" they have placed in these "leadership" roles, without even getting the flip side of any issue. Great benefits, but not worth the frustrations of dealing with poor management, no solutions to real issues, and really could care less about their employees, see them as expendable. I have never been more disrespected by any other employer in my life than I was by the DAV. Very disappointing experience in something I was very passionate about, and did very well.
Pros
Great Benefits, medical, dental, Pto, 401k
Stressful place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  NewportnewsJune 20, 2019
Use to go out to pick people stuff up on Veterans holidays..customers not happy nor where the vets...one man to pick up everything even when the customer states that its a two man job they still send u out by yrself...want u to have bale experience and forklift experience but dont want to pay u for it..raises are one dollar after the first year then they will 25cent yr azz to death after that...for a organization that carries the vets logo they sure dont care about them....just money and profit for the top players....big facts
Pros
Cons
Many job assignments...same pay rate
Pride In Assisting Veterans
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZJune 15, 2019
Being a non-veteran, I am proud to perform this job. It's my way of saying Thank You to all of our Veterans. Sometimes all they need is someone to listen to them. I enjoy my job very much.
Pros
Helping Veterans
Cons
I love to hang and short all the time
Hanger/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 14, 2019
I am on time on my work and I punch on time every day. I I love doing textile and shorting. And cashing is the hardest part for me. No cursing be own times
Very laid back
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 27, 2019
A typical day at work depends on how busy the phones are. Some days they are ringing off the hook other days they hardly ring. The hardest part of the job is when it is really busy and our clients are upset because they haven't been called back as fast as they feel they should be called back. The most enjoyable part of the job is we get along like family.
Terrible place to work
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOMarch 17, 2019
Over worked, Underpaid, Management has favorites. Promised promotions and raises never followed through. Managers will keep things behind closed doors.
Pros
Occasional downtime
Cons
Staff doesnt show up for work
Satisfactory
DSO (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 27, 2019
I have learned a lot from the National Service Office in Nashville with their training to prepare me to assist me to help veterans,

It is a good place to work.

It is great to help veterans and their families.
Pros
Satisfactory
Cons
N/a
Loyal and dependable. Always willing to assist others.
Accounts Payable ll (Former Employee) –  Cold Spring, KYFebruary 26, 2019
I have the best integrity and always the first to help. Meet deadlines and support managers and others in the department. Process invoices and checks in a timely manner and accurate.
very unorganized
receptionist (Former Employee) –  VA buildingJanuary 21, 2019
People didnt seem like they wanted to do their jobs. It was a really uncomfortable atmosphere. Management acted like they were your friends instead of being manager
Volunteer positon
Volunteer Officer (Former Employee) –  Krebs, OKJanuary 19, 2019
I enjoyed my time volunteering helping veterans to receive their benefits from the VA. You have to enjoy working with people since sometimes they do not understand you are volunteering to help them and can become very demanding.
Productive and quiet workplace
Assistant Lead Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2018
I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by fast. I make sure that the most urgent work gets done first. Type correspondence letters, check emails, answer customers questions and prepare FedEx shipments throughout the day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefits
Volunteer Van Driver
Volunteer Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSNovember 4, 2018
I transported patients to their doctor's appointment. I learned the difficulty that veterans experienced in getting medical treatment. The management work well with the volunteers. Seeing people suffering. Being a help to people in need.
Pros
A great place to serve others
Cons
no pay
volunteer
Driver/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 31, 2018
accept calls and direct drivers according to most efficient rout fjor p/u and drop off patience. Make set appointment dates according to driver availablity
Great Job
National Service Officer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2018
Great career advancement opportunities
Great way to help Veterans in their time of need
Very well structured organization
Management could be more hands on
All areas of work environment was in constant change.
Clothing Associate (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 11, 2018
Working hard and fast on your feet. Employees were friendly and helped each other out. Clear job description. Hired before I applied. Encouraged to ask questions. Easy to train new employees.
Pros
Good breaks. Good fellow workers. Worked well with employees needing time off
Cons
Varying hours and shifts. Limited communiction. No structure or reliability...
Rewarding Place to Serve Veterans
National Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2018
Working for Veterans is a selfless act and the Disabled American Veterans is a great place to serve the Nations Heros. The workplace culture is positive, uplifting, and overall very satisfying. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are able to serve veterans and is extremely fulfilling in itself. This is a wonderful non-profit organization that truly abides by its mission: To serve veterans and they're dependents.

The DAV is a wonderful and ethical organization and overall a great place to work.
Pros
Serving Veterans
Cons
Fast-paced
Company
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WISeptember 5, 2018
Was a great place to work. Was able to come in and work at my own pace. Helping the Veterans and interacting with them was a great joy. Felt like it was able to give my part to help.

Was the best job I had working in a office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
no benefits