Disabled American Veterans Employee Reviews in Lakewood, CO

Rewarding and satisfaction of helping veterans
National Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 19, 2018
-A typical day at work started from 7:30am-till the job was done. The day was full of interviewing veterans to seek out potential in filing a disability claim or appeal to the Department of Veterans Affairs. As advocates and attorneys-in-fact I am a subject matter expert in VA law (Title 38 Code of Federal Regulations.) I provided my knowledge in venues such as my office or in the court room. Lastly writing legal briefs for my veteran clients took up a good portion of time, however I enjoyed it very much.
-I learned to believe in veterans and ensure no stones were left unturned. I learned to practice VA law which is something I never thought i'd be doing. I learned anatomy and physiology of the body to ensure I knew all of the potential disabilities that can incur while serving your country.
-Work place culture was very professional, disciplined, and very proud of the services provided.
-Hardest part of the job was literally talking veterans off the ledge when their emotions are high because of a poor VA decision on a disability claim or appeal.
-Most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction, pride, and integrity of helping the warriors that signed a contract to serve our country.
Pros
Outstanding benefits
Working for Disabled American Veterans (DAV)
Senior National Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 4, 2017
Assisted veterans and their families file disability claims with the Department of Veterans Affairs. I have learned what documents need to be submitted with a claim. Managed 6 personnel to accomplish the mission of the DAV. In a good office your fellow co-workers will assist you if one client's appointment runs longer than scheduled. The hardest part of the job is making sure that everything is done correctly so it does not effect the veteran or his family in a negative way. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to get the veteran or his family a grant from the Department of Veterans Affairs that changes their life for the better.
Great place to work.
Retail Store Manager/Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 5, 2015
This company has gone out of business as of 11/30/2012 It was a great place to work with great upper management. I really miss my job as manager and all my staff and the wonderful customers that used to come in.
Pros
Great customers, great boss.
Cons
It went out of business
Productive place dedicated to helping veterans
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 9, 2014
Productive place dedicated to helping veteans. A typical day includes seeing around 40-50 people answering phone lines and mailing sensitive documents.