Disabled American Veterans Employee Review

View all Disabled American Veterans reviews

Stressful job and poorly managed
National Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 2, 2019
Thought this would be my dream job, but soon learned that what they want is employees who are yes men. These seem to be the individuals that advance, as opposed to hard work, intelligence, and strong leadership qualities, which are not important to National Staff. Direct office supervisor not qualified and used employees as stepping stones. No support from National staff or conflict resolutions. They always side with the hand selected "yes person" they have placed in these "leadership" roles, without even getting the flip side of any issue. Great benefits, but not worth the frustrations of dealing with poor management, no solutions to real issues, and really could care less about their employees, see them as expendable. I have never been more disrespected by any other employer in my life than I was by the DAV. Very disappointing experience in something I was very passionate about, and did very well.
Pros
Great Benefits, medical, dental, Pto, 401k

Other Disabled American Veterans Employee Reviews

They really help Veterans to get their claims submitted and heard by the Veteran Affairs.
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 4, 2019
This is a non profit organization. Great company to work for if you are just getting out of High School or in college. It has friendly environment but not a lot of growth.
Pros
Its like family
Cons
Not any growth for an Admin.
Great place to grow and learn new skills
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 16, 2019
Great entry level retail and production job. They are all about second chances if your work history isn't great :) I recommend . I learned cash handling