Discount Drug Mart, Inc. Employee Reviews

Lead cashier/Photo technician (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHApril 16, 2019
It has its benefits, job security. Hard workers get recognised. Fast paced, work hard when you need to, get more relaxed work when down time hits. Over all the best job I've had so far. Just wish i made more there.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 15, 2019
Great opportunity working there. Customers are always awesome and you'll see your regulars come everyday. You'll gain a lot of experience from working here.
pharmacy
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Lodi, OHApril 3, 2019
I worked in the pharmacy and I have very flexible hours and most days I didn't know what to expect. I had to check people out, fill their orders, make sure the stock was rotated, and make sure patient information was put into the computer
busy work place
bookeeper/courtesy (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHApril 2, 2019
we took utility payments and was responsible for balancing cash drawers for self and cashiers in front of store and the pharmacy.
answer phones and direct phone calls to proper areas.
selling and cashing of lotto tickets.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
did not like the night hours
I wish not to discuss
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Independence, OH 44131March 31, 2019
I wish not to discuss. I had a good time working there. It was my first job so nothing major at the time. I didn't work many hours per week as I was playing sports.
hostile coworkers
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, OHMarch 31, 2019
if you can't say anything nice... but since there's a character minimum I must tell you that some coworkers were catty and lied about my work ethic and practices just to get me in trouble.
Productive and Fun working experience
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Galion, OHMarch 28, 2019
The management is great and the workplace is amazing. The hardest part of the job is trying to get to go to break on time because we are so busy all the time.
Toxic workplace
Office Employee (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHMarch 28, 2019
A typical day of work at Discount Drug Mart’s office involved getting to my desk, beginning to work while listening to my colleagues talk about their personal life.

I learned to ask many questions through out a project because I can be given a set of parameters, expectations and a deadline but that can all mean nothing. If someone has enough political pull, the project will be completely changed and time will be wasted.

Management is careless. A problem can be brought up several times by different colleagues but if this problem isn’t affecting management, they do not care.

The workplace culture is toxic. There is a lack of discipline when needed causing low productivity.

Overall, I think this company is still living in 1969 where probably most of these problems originated from and has just continue to grow from there.

The work I received was the only positive thing I received while working here because it was rewarding and I learned skills I can take to future employers. Also, the office was clean and the equipment required to do my job was always available.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Toxic workplace
Overall not bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bellbrook, OHMarch 19, 2019
I worked there from December of my junior year to June right after I graduated . I worked 3 nights a week and made decent money for a part time job as a high schooler !
Pros
Pros- nice work environment, coworkers were cool.
Cons
Non
Good Job (Just not for Me)
DELICATESSEN CLERK (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHMarch 16, 2019
It should be noted that my tenure at Discount Drug Mart, Inc. was simply a means to an end. Additionally, for the five months I have lasted, I experience a small measure of disgust at the phrase "customer service". I was cultured to treat strangers with respect, dignity, and above all things, be simple when ordering foods. It still amazes me at times how many people were not raised in that manner and consistently rely on passive language to justify their behaviors. The words "I' m sorry" have been surrendered for a toxic affirmation rather than a genuine chance to express empathy. Above all things, working as a delicatessen clerk is a good job, you just need to replace your spine with rubber and make friendships with the better of your co-workers for they are the people to tether your sails if you're ever in the thunderstorm known as the "afternoon rush".
fun slower paced
Cashier, stock clerk, one-hour photo technician (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, OHMarch 15, 2019
ran cash register met lots of friendly people . stocked shelves recieved magazines in and ordered chemical aisle, learned how to make keys and develop 1 hr photos
Pros
meet lots of people
Cons
low pay
Home away from Home
POINT OF SALE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHMarch 15, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Discount Drug Mart. Unfortunately I could no longer do the heavy lifting it required.My employment began as the Point of sale person, and ended with me being 3rd key for the store.

I would open/close the store daily. I did bookkeeping, cashiering, stocking, changed prices on products. Took manager key calls.

There was always something to do, and my associates were willing to lend a hand when needed.
Good high school job
Photo Technician (Former Employee) –  Willard, OHMarch 12, 2019
For me, Drug Mart was not a career option, but I worked there during high school and it was a good job to have during that time of my life and even my first year of college. Not a great job, but definitely a nice first job.
Pros
Could get the time off that I needed.
Cons
Felt like I could be appreciated more.
Great place to work!
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 27, 2019
Great place to work, very easy going relaxed environment, management appreciates all efforts put forth by their employees. The people are friendly and personable
A good work environment with a fast paced daily routine.
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHFebruary 7, 2019
Stock the coolers, stock the shelves, clean the restrooms, clean the break room, restock the beer, sweep the main floors floor, there's the occasional propane refill, key to carve, mess to clean, carts to reign in, sidewalk to sweep and phone to answer; as well as ongoing customer service as required. One 30 minute lunch. Good co-workers and manager. You are required to wear khakis or darker pants, no jeans and a plain blue or dark colored shirt.
Pros
Good work environment and decent pay. Great beginner job.
Nice place to work, managers are great.
Cashier, Stocking (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, OHFebruary 7, 2019
Discount Drug Mart has a friendly, productive work environment. The managers at the Carrollton location are great and are good about working around outside schedules, like school.
Just a job anymore
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHFebruary 4, 2019
Too much favoritism. Co workers get by with getting hateful with co workers and/or customers. Co workers that are in the wrong dont get wrote up only the pnes that are in tje right get in trouble...its all backwards
fine place
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 17, 2019
just not a place that gives advancements. it was nice to work with people but charisma was pretty low the whole time being there. Need a better improvement system.
Pros
nice people
Cons
low pay and hours
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier and Cosmetics Assistant (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, OH 44143January 8, 2019
The workplace was a fun one where working with peers was easy and management was clear about tasks to be done that day. The staff was able to share things and have fun together which made for a pleasant working environment.
I loved it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 2, 2019
Every one there was friendly I had one problem with the security guard after 5 years of me working there..................................,...........
Pros
The pay was great
Cons
The hours werent that flexible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discount Drug Mart, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight