Discount Drug Mart, Inc.

Clear
2.9Pay & Benefits

Discount Drug Mart, Inc. insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

They are open 375 days a year they never close

I think it's a good company but they need to step up there game on paying managers and employees to keep the good ones and to be able to hire new one to be competitive so we get people that want to stay long term,

Pros

You get two days off

Cons

You work every holiday and 50+ hours a week no ot

Doesnt value long time workers.

I have been with the company 10 years and still do not make a living wage as a stock worker. In order to make a substantial living you have to accept promotion such as store/assistant manager etc. I've witnessed first hand the horror stories from multiple managers I've worked with over the years. The company refuses to pay me a living wage even though i have dedicated a decade of quality work for this company.

Pros

Good benefits and flexible hours for fulltime employees, ability to transfer store location, most employees and managers are nice people.

Cons

Horrible pay, employees get away with doing 1/10 of their job while others carry larger burdens, managers 'listen' but rarely act on issues.

Former Employee

Company has changed for the worse. They reward poor work with playing favorites. Management has no contact with employees they just go by whats told to them by supervisors that have no clue on how the jobs are actuslly done. It was a great company when the owner was alive, he cared about the employees. Just became very disorganzied.

Benefits

Cons

Toxic environment

Easy Job

It is an easy job. It can be fun at times if the right people are working. Hours are usually flexible. You get an employee discount two days a week which is nice.

Not worth it

Store Manager is a control freak. Coworkers backstab each other and gossip too much. Some seem to thrive on drama. Pharmacy people do not get proper training then are asked to take a test that they probably won't pass so they can't work in the Pharmacy then. Most store employees are unhappy with the job but try to stick it out for whatever reason. They can't seem to keep people.

Pros

Benefits for full-time

Cons

Too many to bother listing

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Decent job, not a career

It's not a bad place to work for. Management is understandable if you need to make an adjustment to your schedule. Co-workers are pleasant and easy going. Management is inconsistent though with rules; one is more lenient than the other. The pay is not the best if you're trying to make a living for yourself or a family. This job is better suited to teenagers and older people in need of earn a little extra cash. There is also not much room for advancing with the company.

Pros

Schedule flexibility, relaxed environment

Cons

low pay

managers are nice

You get to meet so many people and the work schedules are flexible the managers work with you to make your schedule work for you so your not over worked and you get to learn different positions that are available.

Horrible pay but a fairly easy job with too many moving parts

I have worked at this company for 3 years now moving up in position and learning everything I could, but the pay does not in the slightest reflect the responsibility of the job. The management and coworkers have been the best I've ever seen but its ruined by the very old customer base and just terrible pay for the amount of responsibility the different positions expect of you.

Pros

Good hours and relaxed environment

Cons

Horrible pay and problematic customers

Nepotism and Lack of on the job training

Fast paced environment. Some worked harder than others. Certain employees were always late or called off with no replacement. Lack of training was an issue. Smoker's got more breaks than other coworkers.

Pros

40 hours and benefits

Cons

Too many to list

Fun place to work

It was an easy job, high stress. People were happy for most of the part. I had friendly coworkers that cared. Had good benefits and lots of down time

wouldnt reccomend

Pretty good coworkers, but no real advancement or competitive wages. It feels like Upper management and corporate actively works against employees at the store level. Would highly recommend looking away from this job.

Pros

cool coworkers

Cons

low wage

Good entry level job for high school students

Work life balance was good because the hours were low. Pay was awful....minimum wage and 10 cent yearly raises. Benefits were too expensive. Good job for high school/college students or retired people, not so much for making a living.

Pretty flexible schedule

Pay is a joke. They are open 365 days a year. You will work nights, weekend's and holidays, all for 25 cents over minimum wage. Great for teens, but if you're an adult any place pays better.Very greedy corporate office. Corporate isn't open weekend, nights and holidays but they expect cashier's to be there. During the start of the pandemic they wouldn't close and let people be with their family.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Pay is horrendous

Ok place to work.

It is a good place to start for a job. I just wish there was more support for the employees. I am getting a little learning experience such as talking in-front of customers.

Pros

Nice workers

Cons

Low Pay, Non Consistent schedule

Considerate Work/Life Balance

Fast paced job in the pharmacy but the people will help you if you prove yourself a fast learner and competent. You can basically choose to ur schedule and take time off for school, life, etc. Pay is very low but very flexible if you need it as a part time job during school or as a second job. Not sure how some people could manage as their primary, full time income. Practically no raises ever and you’ll never make much. You’ll make way more in a hospital as a pharmacy tech.

Pros

Flexible, medical related

Cons

Gossip, lots to learn, fast paced, stressful

7 years with almost no raises or set schedule

I can't speak for other locations but where I worked the employees were treated poorly. I was promoted to the head of a department after 2 years and i ran it for a full year without a raise. There are people that have worked there for 10 years that make minimum wage and still don't know their schedule until a day before the week starts. The manager was verbally abusive and in spite of being talked to by corporate numerous times- was never disciplined. Yearly raises were about 2 dollars DIVIVIDED amongst the whole staff so if you were lucky you got a dime. Schedules were manipulated to keep employees from getting full time benefits. Understandably, a revolving door. I trained 40 to 50 people over the course of 7 years and I was just a cashier. Never received acknowledged or advancement in spite of learning even department and training most of the staff. Employees that requested management training were given extra responsibilities and shifted around the company without ever actually given management positions. Would never go back.

Pros

After a year of full time you get decent benefits

Cons

Toxic abusive environment. No cost of living

Fun people, bad management

The people who work there are fun and you can make a lot of friends. This is not worth it when you consider the cons. The pay is horrible for the amount of work you do, and management is very unappreciative of you even if you go above and beyond. This is a great first time job but not a career. I very much enjoyed my time here during high school but this shouldn't be a place you want to work as your career.

Pros

Request off, flexible scheduling, fun place to work

Cons

Horrible pay, toxic management

Decent first job

Decent pay, work is easy. Was able to get good amounts of hours. Was well trained for the most part. They tend to be pretty flexible around your schedule. Main problem was a lot of the time there would be nothing to do.

Low pay/Very Stressful

They did not pay a decent wage..... There was NO rotation of weekends off!! They did not have a proper break room when I was employed there..... Our meetings were held in the same small area that the public needed to come through to use the restrooms..... Not very professional to say the LEAST!! 😣🤨

Pros

My boss was the best I’ve had .....

Cons

Low pay.... and NO rotation of weekends, etc

Easy place to work

This is a good job for any college student or someone who wants partime.The job is very easy. You will probably get crossed train. Coworkers were pretty nice even though there were some bad ones. Management is pretty good.

Pros

Easy to get requests off

You will not earn a living

Poor management. Raises few and far between and not even worth it. Favorites ate playing in every store. Standards of care and expectations has dropped dramatically. Hardworking employees are not given any value. If you need a flexible schedule this will work for you. But you will always feel undervalued and replaceable.

Pros

Some pharmacy managers are great to work for

Cons

Environment and pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discount Drug Mart, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

Ratings from women

2.2
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Discount Drug Mart, Inc. with

• Discount Drug Mart, Inc.
  • Pay & Benefits