Discount Tire Employee Reviews

Found 1,251 reviews matching the search See all 1,254 reviews
The best!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 16, 2018
Discount Tire is a wonderful company to work for. Their benefits are great and there are a number of trips and outings that the company puts on every year. It makes for a good, family environment.
Fun upbeat place to work.
Apprentice Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2018
Good company to work for,the amount of work put in was always compensated.After hurricane Harvey they offered to help in any way possible which just comes to show that the company truly does care about their employees.
Fast pace fun, work environment
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJuly 15, 2018
Overall it is a great company to be a part of. As long as you put forth maximum effort in training and learning you will have fun at work. Working in a shop is hot and tiring. Most enjoyable part of the job is teamwork and comradery.
Fun and fast paced business hours.
Service Coordinator/Backroom Management (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2018
A typical day at Discount Tire would consist of clocking in at work at 7:40 am prepping up the backroom and having a morning meeting from 7:50 to 8:00 (open). Work on vehicles of all kinds and service customers who are in need of solutions from a disaster occurring. Management would push the workers to get to know our customers personally and get them on the road safely. Hardest part of the job is around lunch time when all of the customers come in for service. Business is booming around that time and also little stressful to meet time quotes of completion on the vehicle. I personally learned it takes team work to trouble shoot issues from vehicle problems, customer complaints, and inventory shortage. At the end of the day it may come off stressful but the feeling of changing many customers bad days into a relief of having a great evening is truly remarkable.
Pros
Free Lunches, Seasonal Bonuses
Cons
Short Breaks, Management soft on disloyal employees
Fun place to work at
Service tech (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2018
It’s a good work experience all the workers are fun to be around with. They treat you as you will like to be treated never did I have a problem with someone
Fast Paced, Good Friends, Terrible Work-Life Balance
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaJuly 13, 2018
Fast Paced, Good Friends, Terrible Work-Life Balance
Long and busy days on your feet
smokers get smoke breaks, but non smokers are lucky to get a bathroom break
most managers are upset if you need an extra day off
lunch breaks are short and discouraged
Pros
good friends
Cons
no breaks, lucky to get a lunch break during busy days
Great place for experience in automotive care
Service Coordinator and Sales Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 11, 2018
A typical day at work consists of consistently being task-oriented and maintaining a quick pace. Working at discount tire you learn many skills that are required for car maintenance such as making sure that the tires are safe to drive or lacking air. It is a job that helps build character and create a brotherhood between coworkers.
Pros
Benefits and discounts
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 11, 2018
My background includes serving as a customer service associate in sales in a retail environment. This includes not only the sale of products but also the installation and servicing of them. My responsibilities include collecting data to implement change management strategies, the installation and service of the products we sell, marketing them, and maintaining work flow of the store.
Pros
payed time off
Cons
no sick days
Unless your a manager, don't plan getting many opportunities.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 10, 2018
Worked here part time. Was hired but felt like I was unneeded. Training was terrible. Was only given up to 6 hours per week. Was sent home early everyday because they didn't need me. Couldn't pick up the skills quick enough because I was barely there and shown a different way to do things each time I was taught.
Fast paced
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 9, 2018
Its a good place to work. I didnt like how i wasnt getting paid enough for the work i did there. Other than that its a good place to start off. Would recommend working here
Pros
Got days off
Cons
Pay wasnt good
It’s a alright place to work at if you’re really into cars and everything
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJuly 9, 2018
I didn’t like it personally because I’m not that into cars like that and I kinda rushed to get a job also so I didn’t really think it through myself. So yeah it just wasn’t for me
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not organized
Not a job for the weak
Tire Tech (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJuly 9, 2018
Being a tire tech requires a lot of physical conditioning. Perfect job for an athlete looking to maintain some sort of physique while working as long as you don't mind getting dirty.
Excellent place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJuly 8, 2018
Fast paced, friendly, knowledgeable, and fair. They train their employees they way all companies should be doing. Offering classes and training programs to cultivate the best employees they can is what leads to their success.
Pros
teamwork, job advancement
Cons
cut-throat employees
Fun workplace
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAJuly 7, 2018
Fast-paced, semi stressful environment. Expected to have your jobs in done in specific amounts of time. Always need to work hard, usually pretty busy.
Pros
relaxed break and lunch times
Cons
often stay later than scheduled
Discount Tire
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJuly 7, 2018
Great for a single person or at least someone with out kids. Long long long hours as a full time employee. However this is a company that promotes from within and great for an up and coming future professional with a desire to succeed.
It was a fun place to work
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 6, 2018
People were nice and the management system there was really good. All of my managers were very good people to work for and really understanding with sick days
Fast paced work environment.
Tire Technician/Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 6, 2018
I am looking for a challenging career and advancement opportunities with the certification i have received. There is not much room for advancement within this company.
I wouldn’t go back
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 3, 2018
I worked for discount for 4.5 years and they where complete trash . All management is concerned about is what they get paid on Friday. No concern for employees work from open to close from time to time with no break. If there isn’t many cars to be worked on they will just send you home. I drove 35 minutes to work everyday and to just get sent back home cost me more than the job was worth. They will sell tires after the doors are locked so you have to stay well past closing to finish cars. Also many of the workers have no care for coustomers property. Scratching wheels cross threading lugs etc
Pros
Get a decent pay
Cons
No breaks lack of care by management
good benefits but long hours
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 1, 2018
Every discount tire company store is busy and will keep you busy. The pay is fair for a tire shop with good benefits. Although the long hours were not compensated when I worked there. They keep you after official hours to continue to work on cars that need to be done. They pay you enough to not want to leave.
benefits
Cons
long hours every day
Good working environment. Learned a lot.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 30, 2018
Discount tire was a enjoyable job. People were kind. I learned so much more than I knew prior to working there. I got to experience some new things. I made a lot of friends, and our management was great.
Pros
Good pay, friendly working environment
Cons
Communication wasn’t good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discount Tire. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight