Discount Tire Employee Reviews

Found 1,315 reviews matching the search See all 1,318 reviews
Expect to work long hours
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 17, 2018
The company is a phenomenal place to work. Teaches everyone great work ethic and holds everyone accountable from management down to the newest technician. Great camaraderie within stores and regions. However if you make it management, expect to work 7am- 7pm 6 days a week. Doesn't matter if you are the newest guy or if you have been a manger for 30 years, you are expected to work on cars.
Pros
Job security, camaraderie
Fun place to work
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville SCSeptember 15, 2018
Fun place to work, well rounded coworkers l, keeps you in shape at all times...would recommend this job to any young person looking to get into the automotive industry
Fast Paced Team
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNSeptember 13, 2018
Definition of a TEAM atmosphere. Everyone works together to achieve goals. Very busy, very strenuous work. fair compensation. Work life balance could definitely be improved.
fast pace very hard work
Tire Installer/Lead/Sales (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 12, 2018
very busy and always moving no breaks only 30 min lunch .running crews and getting cars in and out as fast as you can .management was good .pay is to low for what discount tire work requirements are .
Family like people
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXSeptember 12, 2018
The guys you work with almost become family. Going through cars you get to know each person and about their families. I learned a ton about being able to talk to other employees and customers.
Crew Chief Technician (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZSeptember 11, 2018
Easy to work in and fun people who have drive. Instructions are easy to follow, management helps you go after your dreams. Good pay and good benefits.
Hard work but sometimes fun
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Wouldn’t change working there but wouldn’t go back. The company isn’t very air to its employees. Management is more worried about themselves than helping their employees.
Pros
Employee discounts and help with college
Cons
Horrible management, very Biased
Great career opportunity for the uneducated.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 11, 2018
Doing the same thing everyday, Trying to advance but manager continues to "forget" to train for sales. Customers expect 5 Star quality work for free. Always rushed if your team does not cooperate.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Bad Attitudes from managers
Unfair pay
Apprentice Tech (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTSeptember 10, 2018
Managers were great and friendly. The pay was not so good, i worked for the company for 2 years and only make $12 an hour to manage the backroom/shop and make sure employees were getting work done. i fell i was super under payed especially, when new hires in arizona make $15 an hour. Also only got 20 to 30 hours a week with very few weeks i would get close to 40 hours because they didnt want to pay anyone for overtime.
N/a
Ohio maintenance manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHSeptember 10, 2018
I do not wish to review this company as my opinion is just that my opinion and does not suit the needs of the potential audience that may read this in the future.
What started as a temporary need turned into a relationship.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chamblee, GASeptember 10, 2018
I began working at Discount Tire with the simple objective of providing myself with some income as I went through school. Little did I know that a lot of the people who become employed at Discount Tire end up making a full-blown career out of it, and it isn't as hard as people think it is in hind-sight to do it. For the most part, I haven enjoyed my time with the company. I cannot complain about my pay, nor can I complain about my coworkers (except the rare occasions, which don't really matter). Working at Discount Tire is very demanding due to its high reputation for safe work with a quick turn-around time, and it is something very evident in each store that I have worked at. If there is one thing I might provide as a tip, is to try and provide better working conditions temperature-wise to stores. The company can definitely afford heaters in every store for the winter, and fans that actually can cool off the store's back room during the summer. A lot of this equipment is out-dated and should be addressed.
Pros
Advancement, Good work ethic between employees
Cons
30 min breaks with a very physically demanding job.
Great company but very stressful
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 8, 2018
I’ve been at discount tire for 2 years it’s an amazing company once you get in to full time but as a part time tech wages are fairly good but for the labor we put in we should get more my manager makes thousands a month and I can barely pay my rent as a tech your not allowed to go to company outings or even the family picnic the store I’m at is very hands on with exotic cars and theirs a constant pressure not to mess up on anything I love the company but it is tough to handle
Pros
Paid weekly two bonus a year
Cons
Hard work staying late everynight and hardly get extra pay
Fun and productive
Service Technician/Crew Chief Duties (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 6, 2018
-flexible shifts
-understanding managers when it comes to family or anything like emergencies
-great atmosphere
-fast paced
-over all great place to work at if automotive is your thing
Service Technician and Installer (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 6, 2018
Discount Tire is a Competitive and fast paced workplace, the goal is to satisfy the customer in any way possible and make sure that their vehicle is in a better and safer condition then what it was. This job is highly stressful and you will always need to have more room to grow and learn.
Pros
Paid Training
Cons
Management. Stressful. Variable Hours
Fun place with a competitive environment.
Worflow Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 5, 2018
I have been at Discount Tire since 2008 and have loved it. Constantly pushed to be the best with a great competitive environment. There's a brotherhood and sense of family that develops.
Pros
Great employee prices, consistent raises available, constant training to move forward
Cons
You get tire brain and tires become life
Excellent Company
MARKETING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Columbus OhioSeptember 4, 2018
My time at Discount Tire has been great, but you work long hard hours with no time for family.
The people I work with are amazing, loyal and a great group of people.
Pros
Great family atmosphere
Cons
Great place to work if u like to be around cars and good people.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXSeptember 4, 2018
My experience working for Discount Tire. was one of the best work experiences i had. The pay was great, the managers were great, the co workers were good people. It was fun but also very fast paced and if you couldn't keep up with the pace u would eventually be let go.
Work
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 4, 2018
Good place to work if your looking for a part time job that takes 2 or 3 years to get full time no benefits for part time employees. Need more hours for part time employees. Takes a long time to get hired on full time you have to work extremely fast in order to be considered for full time employment Not many benefits for part time employees
Pros
Discount on itens
Cons
no benefits till full time under 30 hours a week
Fun work environment with the right team
Apprentice Technician/Sales (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 3, 2018
Working at discount tire can be a fun experience but only if you have a team of workers beside you who are giving their full effort. The day usually goes by quick and saves you a trip to the gym. Compensation is a little low for the required work and time but overall a great company to be a part of.
Pros
Fun. Active. Easy to grow
Cons
Low pay. Tough work environment
No family time.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 3, 2018
I love the work there but there is no time for your family or S.O. If you don't have kids or a wife then your fine to work here. If you have kids you will be better off working somewhere else that gives you more time with your family. There are 5 levels of management and only about 2 of them have full support and backing. So if you dont like your family or kids and want mediocre pay where your required to work 49+ hours every single week if your a full time employee. There are other shops that pay way more for less hours and still get the bring home pay.
Pros
30% off on tires and wheels. Access to blowout list deals. No install charge for tires.
Cons
Almost everything including hours and pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discount Tire. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

39out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Discount Tire.

Powered by Comparably