Discount Tire Employee Reviews

Found 1,452 reviews matching the search See all 1,455 reviews
Wasn't the best job but they'll hire almost anyone
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNFebruary 18, 2019
Didn't really look forward to coming to work everyday, some coworkers don't really care about working together depending where you get placed for the day, some can be incompetent. My manager was a really cool dude at least so that's why I stayed longer than I should've.
A fast-paced busy work day
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 18, 2019
The days are never slow and you're constantly trying to stay on top or catch up. Days feel longer and there's too many people with the desire for power.
Pros
Good hours, Family workplace
Cons
Management, Long days, Hard hours with school
High Paced, Stressful, Crude in aspects
Tire Technician/ Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 15, 2019
I appreciate the company and what Discount Tire has done for me. Yet I felt a lack of appreciation as a tire technician. The work place was crude between management and technicians.
Pros
Bonuses, Weekly pay, Room for advancement
Cons
Crude, Full time hours as a part time employee, Unappreciative depending on store
Fantastic place to work surrounded by great people who share a passion for success and growth. I am happy to have had the opportunity to learn what
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 14, 2019
One of the best business platforms anyone could ever follow and be successful regardless of the economy and or any obstacles. This is a high paced environment with safety as a number one priority as well as the continuous growth of its customers and employees.
Pros
Benefits and advancement opportunities
Discount
Apprentice Technician (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZFebruary 12, 2019
Discount was my first job and was a great place. I had a lot of opportunities to expand my career but is very stressful and fast paced job. The best part was working with the guys in the back room..
Salesman,tire technician other job titles
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2019
My time spent there was great and I never had a better start up job then discount the atmosphere was great and people friendly.I just wish I would’ve stayed a little longer
Pros
Safety bonuses, Christmas bonuses, company parties
Good company. My manager sucked but that doesn't mean all of them do.
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILFebruary 11, 2019
I think the company is amazing. There is a lot to offer for everyone. Unfortunately, my manager was not a good one. I ended up leaving because of him.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Good community
Cons
Hard Labor, Physically Exauhsting
productive
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 11, 2019
its a fine company to work for.... great management ....... easy job ..... not too stressful..... paid two week training..... barbecue lunches here and there throughout the month...... overall good work environment
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun place to work
Apprentice Technician (Former Employee) –  New Hudson, MIFebruary 11, 2019
Very fun environment to work. Pay was decent for what it was, company really took care of its employees. I would recommend getting a job here, potential for growth.
it was okay
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 11, 2019
Discount Tire was okay but the management expect too much in little time but are at least patient enough to meet you half way other than that sometimes the work environment is often hostile but that's because certain individuals expect more, however they are willing to teach you and guide you. albeit in a stressful environment but that's just because its faced pace.
Pros
great co worker, hard work, fun times
Cons
scheduling, crazy hours

Want to know more about Discount Tire?

Ask a question
Fun work environment
Tire technician (Former Employee) –  League City, TXFebruary 11, 2019
Management was fair some when it came to hours. Given enough time you could move up quite far here. There was always something to keep you busy if you like working outside.
Always tried to make there goal
Top Manager retail and wholesale (Former Employee) –  So california ar multiple storesFebruary 11, 2019
Would want too talk to someone one on one I have been held back and deserved to advance in the company and was not informed I have been left alone to handle what comes forth and make my own decisions depending on the circumstance.
Pros
I would want what is best for the both of us and what is best
Cons
No breaks management that would treat you as the person iam
Great Company
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2019
Had a great 10 years working for Discount Tire Company. I learned a lot of my current business skills working for the company and would recommend anyone who is not interested in college as they will learn a ton of relevant business experience
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
long hours and not much work/home life balance
Great work place with great pay.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 10, 2019
Discount Tire is the best job I've had so far. My manager and all my coworkers were great and there were lots of opportunities for promotions and higher pay.
Fun work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDFebruary 10, 2019
It hard work and long hours lots of opportunity for advancement you get paid vacation full benefits with health care and 401k and get to go to company events
Freezing or heat exhaustion environment to work in unfortunately
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 8, 2019
This was a new experience working in this field. The company itself is pretty good. The training was lacking in its program. It took a long time to complete training due to the managers scheduling. No real areas for advancement. Pay and hours were not the best. No guaranteed hours instead they ran this facility on an as needed basis pretty much. Lot of room for improvement needed at this location.
Pros
Decent managers, flexible schedules, good group of staff, bonus checks
Cons
inclement weather issues/concerns, not guaranteed hours, unable to work evenings since they close at 6pm
Discount Tire Co.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Hands down the best company to work for if you are a focused, hardworking individual that loves to be apart of a TEAM. Discount Tire takes very good care of their employees as well as offers many incentives/rewards for work done safe and proper.
Fun but very stressful and physically demanding
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 7, 2019
It can be fun but it’s is very phically demanding. The cold days are rough. The job can get very repetitive I worked there for 4 years and I am ready to move on.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No breaks
Work here if you like poor training and long break free shifts. Too overworked to have any sort of life outside.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNFebruary 7, 2019
Minimal computer training and then your thrown to the wolves. No breaks or lunches and no set time as when the day was over. Start at 7:30 and would be there till 8:30-9pm.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Never a set schedule and are expected to work beyond scheduled hours. No training. Poor managment.
Fast-paced and fun.
Sales Apprentice/ Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNFebruary 7, 2019
This job is not for everyone. I've been one of the top Tire Technicians at my store for almost as long as I've been there. The volume of customers and vehicles we have daily is enough to stress out a lot of people. If you hang in there, trust your training and your skills, move as fast and as safely as you can, you can be successful as a Tire Technician.

Every store's atmosphere is a little different, but that can only be expected, as each person is different. The people you'll work with are great; trust that the Manager and the Assistant Managers will take care of you. The managers are very caring, and always want to help you achieve your dream, even if that means not staying within the company. The hours are flexible, and if you're a student, they can make your hours fit within your school schedule.
Pros
Free and paid lunch on hectic busy days (usually sales days)
Cons
Part-time health benefits and in-network providers are different from that of full-time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discount Tire. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight