Discover

Discover Employee Reviews

United States3,253 reviews

Found 3,253 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,293 reviews

This job has potential

The expectations were a bit much and management was fake and sneaky. The job could be really great but it feels like they want you nailed to the desk at all times and in order to get a raise you must have almost perfect numbers.

Great management

Productive, great co workers and great leaders. However, high volume of calls can get stressful. I learned a lot about credit card inquiries, and leaders were always ready to assist.

Discover insights

Based on 1,163 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction

Love discover

Discover is an amazing place to work love the management team I did work with a few difficult ppl but one I expressed concerns I didn’t work with them ain’t, the benefits are AMAZING as well as the culture even tho it is a really good place to work it is really mentally draining for the mental strain I don’t feel the pay is fair

Pros

Detailed and frequent training

Cons

Short breaks, pay

Not a bad Customer Service Job

The job wasn't bad. Typical customer service except that most of the customers were actually happy. Got to work from home. They paid ok. Decent benefits.

Run

Grateful to have this job at a a time when I needed it but is not worth the stress. I have seen people leave this job in tears. The stress of handling credit card debt is not worth the pay offered. Every little thing is sctuntized. I was able to find better employment before I was terminated. Lasted 8 months. Have an exit plan.

Great place to start your Career

Discover is a great place to work, a mid-size company that has an agile way of moving throughout the times. Not a fan of the new CTO, as he rather bring in new talent rather than to develop existing talent. However the company has a nice family feel to it and is a good place to understand the fundamentals of being a professional.

Good work culture, horrible pay for extreme work demands

A good place to work, there was never a feeling of overlording by the management however when it comes to stats like average call time, wrap time, surveys, the requirements are ridiculous. Discover does it to ensure customer's are helped to the highest degree but it takes a toll on the customer facing workers. And they dangle the requirements in front of you in order to get bonus payouts. You basically have to have a perfect call, every call, for 8 hours a day to get a max bonus.

Discover is a great office job and creates positive work environment

They truly seem to care for their workers when i was working here. They have fresh coffee and teas by the cubicles to help ease the heavy call flow. It was always busy but it was a nice place to work at, only downside is that it was too far for me.

Overall- great company to work for!

The trainers, team leaders, and coaches are very thorough and helpful. They make the work experience a pleasant one. Great benefits and incentives. When hired, I was told we would not work on Sundays, but there are departments that are open on Sundays and you will be scheduled. Also, hours were increased without asking permission or being given a choice.

On the job training

Very thorough in training before letting you answer calls. You're in a class of about 20-30 people watching videos and getting quizzed on the material.

Fun environment

I enjoyed my time at Discover. I was not prepared for all the metrics they had in place. There is a lot of focus on call time and standards/quality. Uplifting environment, training was done in stages so you weren’t thrown into the deep end. Management wasn’t bad, for the most part, but there was favoritism.

It’s great starting job

It was a great place to work. I did it for a few years however once the pandemic hit it got a little crazy and they were not able to make accommodations for part time positions as they became extremely busy in their call volumes and had to look for a more flexible schedule elsewhere.

Work from home

Good job great benefits plus discover send all equipment and pay for internet services also send $500 to get your home office sent up as well plus a $2000 sign on bonus

It was fine

It's a job. There is always back to back calls. The rules are very rigid and the work from home equipment can be frustrating.That being said though your coworkers and trainers are really nice. The work environment is pretty positive and the training is thorough.

No room for flexibility. No real support

Their extremely picky about making sure every min is accounted for. The calls are back to back with no room in between and they expect you to use tools they provide but the information is spotty and you can never get one solid answer.

Back to back calls

They completely understated the amount of calls I would be taking per day. The calls are back to back and they answer automatically so no chance to take a breath in between. Other than that the people and benefits are great.

Ok place to work. Can be a hard job to do when everyone is hurting from the pandemic and you have no actual help for them.

The company itself is okay. Pre pandemic they did a fair amount for employees appreciation. You will be moved around the different levels of your department even if you don't want to or feel ready. The goals can be hard to achieve as they are all based on whether you can convince a card member to agree to payments and services.

flexibility

over all the company was good to work for however they preach how flexible they are and how much they work with their employees yet I was forced to quit after 2 years because they wouldn't allow me to switch my shift two hours earlier so I could coach my high school vball team... after 2 years of working the same shift, meeting all my goals, and being a top account manger they would not work with the schedule change I needed. for no good reason or any reason at all for that matter.

Discover Card Processing Center was a good place to work. There were no phones to deal with. The main purpose of that center was to process payments. It was clerical work and production work.

Awesome place to work

Flexibility with family needs. Compensation was fair for the type of work done.Generous swag opportunities Amazing cafeteria with a ton of options to choose from

Generally good place to work

Overall culture is good, although some teams may deviate from that. Flexible work is offered. Pay adjustment is very uneven across departments, even the nature of work and title are the same.

Common questions about Discover

Answered by current and former employees at Discover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discover. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

58%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Discover with

Discover reviews by popular job title

• Discover