Discover Books Employee Reviews

Worst place i ever worked
Line gopher (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket Rhode IslandJanuary 29, 2018
There is no heat in the winter and management is a joke. Working conditions are terrible and so is the pay. I do not suggest anyone apply or work here. If they offer you a job Run for the Hills.
Pros
There are no Pros
Cons
The whole job is one big con
Passing through job.
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INApril 23, 2017
This is the worst place to work. Yes the work is easy but it matches the low pay rate. No room for growth and no rasises are ever given. Manager talks a good game, but everything she says is a lie.
Pros
Easy work, good work hours
Cons
Bad management, dirty warehouse, bad pay
The closest thing to slave labor they could manage
Line (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 13, 2016
Everything was coated in a thick layer of dust, hard to breathe no ventalation with maybe 7 box fans trying to cool a football field sized building. If its 80 degrees outside its 95 degrees in the building. The dust will make it very hard to breathe in the winter with no heating elements of any kind. No vacation no way to request days off. Theyd sooner fire you than let you miss a day. Forced overtime every week so if you sigm up for a 4 day shift youll be working 5 10 hour shifts a week maybe more. The break rooms/ bathrooms are dreadful. The managers will lie to you from their air conditioned office not to mention how clueless they are, their descriptions of your job duties will be outdated by almost a year its crazy how little they actually know about the day to day operations.
Just remember if you have a family theyd sooner fire you then let you take a day off for a baseball game or go to a doctors appointment. The pay is not worth the trouble!!!
Pros
Cons
Slave labor
Horrible place to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJune 25, 2016
I just got hired in discover books in hammond ,ind and I have to this place is a joke .!!!Horrible working conditions , no ac ,the breakroom looks like it was never cleaned , the frige has food in it from years passed never cleaned , bathrooms never cleaned ,no toilet ,soap, and paper towles , no maintinace . No housekeeping .No raises , only $ 8.75 A hour ...And yes I am not going back... !!!.. Osha needs to shut this place down now ... I feel bad for all the good employees who have to work there ..
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Working conditions are horrible
Work conditions were deplorable
Picker (Former Employee) –  Toledo OhioMarch 31, 2015
I worked 8 hour days picking books from heavy boxes on high shelves in a warehouse that was dusty, dirty and had rodent dropping everywhere.
The book were not treated with respect, often tossed around with out care if the pages were going to be torn or if the cover would be ripped.
The only thing at I really have good to say is I was happy to see that majority of the management was staffed by females so the company is okay with breaking the glass ceiling.
Pros
company feminist friendly
Cons
poor work condition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discover Books. Our community is ready to answer.

1.2