Discover Financial Services Employee Reviews

Found 2,053 reviews matching the search See all 2,078 reviews
Rewarding-Great pPay
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2019
Team Leaders and Coaches will go above and beyond for everyone that works at Discover. Culture is great, every team may have a theme going for the month to help hit goals. Co-Workers are awesome. Pay is great but the work that comes with it can be stressful and overwhelming.
Pros
Free food often, random hour meetings, great overtime pay
Cons
B2B calls, AVG 110 calls per day, stressful
Scripted and Boring
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTFebruary 17, 2019
Its a phone job. That's it..
No opportunity to suggest or implement improvements, no opportunity to go above and beyond. Just come in, sit down, stick to the script and go home.

This place is a good employer as far as time off, benefits, and so on. But if you want to grow, it does not offer much.

Unless you break the glass ceiling and make it into upper management, this job is best used as a tool to pay for school.... if you can work out the schedule that is.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement is strong.
Productive and fun place to work
Sr Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHFebruary 17, 2019
I enjoyed working with Discover. They offered many perks to employees. We received bonus in addition to pay for hitting our goal collections. The healthcare benefits and PTO were also great. They also offer company match 401K and tuition reimbursement.
Great pay, poor management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHFebruary 14, 2019
The overall benefits are great but its hard to get promoted. You have to kiss up to managers and managers don't do their jobs. They just stand around talking all day. This place is a joke
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons
Poor management, short breaks
find somewhere else
Customer Service Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEFebruary 13, 2019
find somewhere else, you'll be on phones nonstop, and be reviewed on extremely specific yet subjective rubric. pay isnt worth it really. ................
No opportunity
Personal Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 12, 2019
Opportunity is constantly discussed but in order to advance at all many years of work are required to barely move up in position let alone pay. very disappointed in what I was promsied as someone with a BA.
Good place, but low pay.
Health Fitness Specialist at EXOS (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTFebruary 10, 2019
I enjoyed working here but the pay wasn't the best and I had a hard time providing for my family. Once I was scheduled for a raise it was only like a 25 cent raise. Not very ideal. I was on the early schedule too which was hard.
Awesome work life balance
Manager, Business Intelligence and Analytics (Current Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILFebruary 10, 2019
Awesome work life balance in the job along with competitive salaray and benefits. The new lean management framework has created an excellent improvement in the way the projects have been executed.
productive work place
GUI Business System Analyst (Web Development) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2019
his gave me time to understand the role and the company and to meet prospective colleagues. I appreciated that they took this seriously.

Onboarding was very impressive, with all new starters flown to the EMEA HQ in Dublin for their first morning.

You have the latest MacBook when you start and all the tools you need to collaborate effectively with colleagues around the world.

The culture is inclusive and friendly, with a great deal of energy around the company's mission and the extremely impressive growth Indeed is going through.
Great place
Account Manager/CSR (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHFebruary 9, 2019
Great place to work. The training is extensive and team leaders are very helpful. They are energetic, helpful and overall just a great place to work. Thanks
fun place to work, in door safe pods
ACCTOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2019
clock in get on phones, go on break for 15 min then back on the phones, average calls a day from 60/100 . days can be easy but theres days when youd be back to back.
Pros
company is great
Cons
short breaks
Great
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTFebruary 9, 2019
Working here helped create an idea of where I wanted to go in life. They do an excellent job with teaching you about finances.
The work meetings really helped you drive towards your goals for the day, week, and month.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Short breaks, promotion schedule changes without warning.
Good Company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 8, 2019
Call center with a high call center. I currently work here. Overall Disco is a good company to work for however I am looking for a career more tailored to my new degree.
Fun Environment, Little Movement
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 8, 2019
I worked in a single department for two years and really only had one option available to apply for in order to move out of that was the most probable. I do not feel the opportunity for growth into new departments was an easy thing to do, unless you're moving laterally.

Overall the work environment was fun and friendly. The company does a great job recognizing monthly and yearly achievements as well as rewarding their employees in that aspect.
Pros
free items, recognition events, onsite cafeteria
Cons
limited job position movement
I do not recommend
Sr. Underwriter (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTFebruary 8, 2019
There is no upward mobility in the organization. Most positions are horizontal promotions and not vertical. You have to kiss up to get a bit of a move forward. Just not worth it. Their competitive pay was not competitive at all. They sorely undercut pay and justified that their pay was not bad because of all the benefits you get.
Awesome place to work.
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2019
I enjoyed 90% of my work experience at this job. It says a lot to your customers when they are greeted by a smile on the other line. You can hear a smile you know.
I am a naturally bubbly person, but the environment and atmosphere of Discover is cause for you to really care. So your customers, even the upset ones, are immediately greeted by empathy and support by a staff member who will absolutely get what you need done, done the right way, the first time!
Pros
full cafeteria and nurse on site
Discover Fun
Staff Analyst Credit Bureau Disputes (Former Employee) –  DelawareFebruary 6, 2019
Typical day was to investigate Credit Bureau Disputes for customers.

I learned how software AUD.

Management is great, looks to make the atmosphere fun, but still room for improvement.

Workplace Culture is business casual, friends and family oriented, small town feel.

Hardest part of job is advancement in local area, more advancement opportunities if you can travel to differ sites to grow.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to work from home
Pros
opportunity to work from home
Cons
pay could be more competitive
Bad Time Management
Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 6, 2019
Hired for certain shifts, and ended up being scheduled all over the place. The scheduling that you were hired for was not what you actually worked and made it hard to accommodate.
You will love working here
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTFebruary 5, 2019
Discover is by far the best place I've ever worked. The coaches set you up for success and they REALLY do care about you. The training is fantastic and they have great tools to help you succeed.
Pros
Positive working environment
Cons
More pay
Na
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2019
Discover personal loans isn’t A bad company to work for but working nights can be challenging at times. At the end of the day though assisting clients to their full potential is what is based on. From debt consolidation and personal loan use.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discover Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

57%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss