Discover Financial Services Employee Reviews

Found 1,801 reviews matching the search See all 1,824 reviews
Very Productive and Fun Work Environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2018
I have actually learned so much working for Discover Financial Services including but not limited to, how to address others in difficult situations with empathy, kindness and willingness to solve the problem if possible and if not direct them to my supervisor in which they may be able to solve the situation. I have also learned how to properly and efficiently work with team members and have fun at work! Discover Financial Services treats their employees like family !
Pros
Awards/Appreciation, Great Pay, Benefits Start Day 1, Healthy and Fun Work Enviroment
Discover is a excellent company
Career Coordinator (Communications Team (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHAugust 15, 2018
Discover has won several J.D.Powers awards
Discover is acknowledged as a Best Place to Work

The culture is one of the best I have ever worked for. The culture is a development focused culture. Coaching is a given for every team member.
Fun place to work
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILAugust 15, 2018
Fun place to work with plenty of opportunities for advancement. Great work life balance. Plenty of career development opportunities. Beautiful campuses ; working remotely is an option in many cases
Pros
Nice place to work; technology driven.
Cons
Pay could be better.
Good company to work for
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 15, 2018
Discover was a good company to work for. They treat their customers well, and the diversity was good. We had a lot of time to go over with our coaches, listen to what we did wrong, and got the help we needed.
Great place
Lead Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2018
Discover Card is a good place to work. If you are just beginning a career in collections or sales, this is a great place to start. Just like any place, you must meet the metrics, but there are a lot of opportunities to succeed.
What kept me at Discover Card were the managers and my co-workers.
Benefits
Cons
Chances of getting a good bonus at the end of the month are slim.
Liar
Discover account manager (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEAugust 11, 2018
Discover provides all information you would want to hear when being hired but does not live up to its promises within the work place. They are unable to work with your life and help balance it out with your home life. They aren’t very understanding of what could go on at home.
Excellent place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP, TEAM COACH, TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2018
Discover is 100% committed to cultivating an environment that employees want to come to every day. There are virtually unlimited opportunities for growth and a very diverse array of areas to work in.
Pros
Great benefits, excellent PTO, great culture, unlimited opportunities for growth and more
Discover Card.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2018
Discover Card is a good company, nice benefits. It's a great place to work if you like to live in a cubical, and help customer's with financial plans.
Pros
Secure building, gym, immediate team was good, enjoyed fellow employees, nice benefits.
Cons
I asked for a leave of absence, for health reasons and business it was declined. My Grandmother died I left.
Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 8, 2018
Great environment and people. Simple easy and easy money. They really take care of you! You get to advance with the company as well and grow with them.
productive and fun s
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILAugust 8, 2018
My experience at this job was good. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Everyone works well together and help is always available when needed .
Great Place to Work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2018
I really enjoy working for Discover Card it is a happy atmosphere! With changes in management there is adaptation. However, they try to make the transition as smooth as possible.
Pros
Cafeteria, many reward and incentive offers
Cons
Sporadic Changes
Great workplace
Business Analyst - BT Risk & Compliance Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILAugust 8, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Discover. Worked with a lot of great people and enjoyed the culture! I would most certainly work there again, however the pay was not high enough.
Really nice place to work
Curriculum Developer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2018
The first thing to say about working at Discover Financial Services is that these are some of the nicest people that I have ever worked with.

The atmosphere is truly relaxed, and I did not feel like I had to worry about who was watching me every second of the day. This was a place that I could relax and really just get to work.

A regular day here, I would show up, get started on what I was assigned and simply work on it. My supervisor worried about the majority of the meetings and passed the important information down to me. Any time that I had questions or needed help, all that I had to do was ask. This place is simply incredible. Would I recommend working here to a friend, absolutely.
Pros
Great people, great culture
Cons
So many people work from home that (at times) it can be difficult to contact some people.
good
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILAugust 8, 2018
One of the good companies to work for, I started with manual testing and learned alot throguh out my career with them very good comapny for new people.
Loved it!
Inbounded customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2018
I wish I still worked there! Everyone is extremely friendly. The environment is healthy and positive. You do sit down a lot, but you are allowed to stand while taking your calls. Fun events all the time. Charity work is available to participate in. Very secure. Security is amazing. Great place to work! Amazing benefits!
Pros
Healthy environment, great benefits.
Cons
Short Breaks, sitting long time.
Values Values
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverwoods ILAugust 7, 2018
Always listening and learning from our Team. Great culture. I have seen many employees move from internships to management very quickly. Discover hires the best talent.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2018
Best place to work. For new hires and people looking to make a career. You get paid leave, benefits, and all of the above. I met my wife here and will always enjoy my time with the company.
Pros
Cons
None.
It's ok but not really family friendly
Senior Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2018
The place is great but the atmosphere feels like cliques and at times if you don't fit in with certain groups, employees will make you feel like the odd person out. They do not bend even if you have doctors notes for being I'll or you have children you will be talked to and even let go as the company has strict attendance policy.
Pros
Good resources for employees
Cons
Not family friendly as they state they are.
This was an okay job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2018
I did collections which was not really my favorite thing to do. There is a lot of goals that must be met. Benefits were very good however the pay was very low.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Pay
bad
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEAugust 4, 2018
management is horrible they do not have compassion for employees treat everyone as they are expendable if you find a decent manager keep them they willhelp a great deal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discover Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss