Discover Financial Services Employee Reviews

Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHOctober 17, 2018
Discover was such an amazing place to work, it was by far one of the best places of employment I have ever had. If I didn't move out of the state I would have stayed at Discover for a long period of time. You could really tell how much their employees meant to them.
Excellent company to work for/great work life balance
Recruiter, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILOctober 16, 2018
Discover really values its employees and allows you to have a life outside of the 40 hour work week. Rarely are you going to be working more than 40 hours a week.
Discover Card
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 15, 2018
Great Job very fast paced and good management . Gave me experience I needed in learning how to be a great customer service representative . Got paid time off would of really liked to work full time but was not offered in the position . A lot of opportunity to grow and become better and move up in the company .
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
No bonus benefits part time
It is a great place to work! The management and environment is very friendly and welcoming.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 14, 2018
Discover has a lot of opportunities to grow within the company. You get to choose your own path. Also, they are great at giving recognition for good work.
Cons
Customer service can be very stressful.
Eccelent source for advancement in the finacial market
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 14, 2018
Creative leadership, advancement internally. Team lead management with excellent loyalty to entire team and company. Best company I have ever worked for.
Pros
On site gym, chef
Productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTOctober 12, 2018
Productive and fun working enviroment. Great culture, managment is flexxable with scheduling. Work events all year around. Competitive pay, great benefits such as pto, medical leaves, dental and health insurance.
Pros
Orange out days free stuff
Cons
Constantly on the phones
The culture is good.
Manager - Customer Contact Strategy Analytics (Former Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILOctober 11, 2018
Excellent place to work. Very supportive management. Very good benefits. Very good team mates. Very beautiful campus with running trails around. Best places to work.
Fast paced
CSR / Collections/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHOctober 11, 2018
I didn’t enjoy the job itself, but the people were nice. Calling out to people who hasn’t used the card in a while was stressful 85% of people hang up which makes sales target hard but no impossible
employees are very territorial
Project Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2018
My experience was not a pleasant one, the manager gossiped about all her employees very negatively. It was a hostile working environment. Some employees were nice but the management team had poor leadership.
Good Employer
Senior Bank Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 9, 2018
Discover was a good employer, I believe they are generous in their compensation and in their paid time off, but the workload is large and expectations are very high
Pros
free snacks and lunch sometimes, great work culture and employees, beautiful facilities, great support initative
Cons
workload, expectations, management, advancement
Very sexist culture
Procedures Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityOctober 6, 2018
I can’t even begin to describe how horribly they treated me after being there for 7 years. I was bullied into leaving. It was awful and I had to take a LOA.
Pros
Really Good Heathcare
Cons
Sexist, white-male dominated cultural
Discover was a great way to enter corporate America.
Database Specialist for HQ Team (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHOctober 5, 2018
The hardest part of working for Discover Card was realizing I did not get summers and a number of holidays off that I was accustom to getting off while teaching school. I only encountered one difficult employee that I had to interact with on a daily basis. My department manager was very aware of the situation and very helpful and supportive with dealing with her. My plan was to retire from Discover. Unfortunately my position was eliminated during a department reorganization. At the time, I was very disappointed. In hindsight, I was very thankful that Discover was there for me when I needed that security the most. I had been with Discover about 4 years when my husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor. He lived for a little over 2 1/2 years after the diagnosis. HR and my manager were extremely supportive and flexible with my schedule - insuring that I was never at work if I was needed at home, the hospital or taking him to the doctor's office. Between awesome insurance coverage and my flex spending account, we had no outstanding medical bills when he died.
Pros
401k plan, great health insurance, flex spending account
Cons
The one one difficult person that I had to deal with when I first started
Call Center
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHOctober 5, 2018
Typical Call center. Favoritism and gossip among senior staff. Attempts to bring happiness to being a call slave prove unsuccessful. Theres nothing fun about taking 150 calls a day.
great place to work
Customer Service Specialists (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHOctober 5, 2018
great place with plenty of advancement opportunities. Willing to work with you in most instances other than recurrent need to leave for medical purposes and no excused absences
fun productive work plave
Account manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2018
management was very helpful, typical day involved placing and receiving phone calls from card members answering questions and give quality customer service, diverse culture fun,
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHOctober 5, 2018
they have good benefits for their employees. A work out facility, discounts 4 wks of paid time off.

you can earn prized, Gift cards for the extra hours that you come in. the downside is, they are very competitive to get the good bonuses, just to compete you work more hours witch takes from family life.
Pros
good benefits and 4 wks of vacation as a new rep
Cons
your family life suffers with the hours that you do to compete with the bonuses.
Nice campus
Treasury Specialist - OFAC (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILOctober 4, 2018
I learned OFAC Name Screening rules. It was not very challenging, no variety, compared to other jobs I had. The pay was decent for the limited responsibilities
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
Confined area
Listen
Fraud investigator (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHOctober 4, 2018
The company is great in a whole but they are more customer service base then business not all customers are good customers and everyone is not honest but discover lackes staying fern on having bad business the loss of money to fraud is crazy and with no justice behind it not just with discover but all cc fraud is the highest paying job cuz its easy and the police don't do much
Pros
Pay amazing
Cons
Customers are rude and applied
Call center
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEOctober 3, 2018
Usual call center environment; could not accommodate a part time schedule for me. Their description of part time was 39 hours a week and I only wanted 20 to 25 per week.
Mid - Management Culture
PROJECT MANAGER OPERATIONAL RISK & COMPLIANCE (Former Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILOctober 2, 2018
Too much emphasis on individual managers' competitive feats. Not enough teamwork with primary focus on work goals. Promotions not based on skill, based on political clout.
Pros
Good employer with great benefits
Cons
Mid management revolving door without required skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discover Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

65out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Discover Financial Services.