Discover Financial Services
Information from Discover Financial Services:

Discover Financial Services Employee Reviews

United States2,709 reviews
Found 2,709 reviews matching the search
Management was good. Was very fun to work there while I did. Very stressful, have to be strong mentally to deal with customers. Mangers and supervisors very helpful and help you with anything. They will give you anything you want to help you do better.
Pros
Free lunches, Benefits
Cons
Customers, Breaks
This company is the best. They have not only great pay but great benefits aswell. You will constantly get free swag and the managers are the best.....
I have worked for Discover for quite some time. The company truly cares about it's employees and believes in 'Doing the Right Thing'. They have great benefits, work/life flexibility and have really stepped up in these last few months to ensure their employees have work from home capabilities to assist though these very challenging times.
Stressful if you want to be treated like a baby the team leader always on your back about everything , never have time to breathe after a bad call just have to fake it, they do not care your just a number/percentage to them “are you meeting today” that’s all they care about!
Pros
Insurance
Cons
The unlimited stress
I have loved Discover since day 1 and I have been given so many opportunities to advance. That has all changed with the new senior leadership in New Castle, and the new atmosphere is not the same. I love my job and my employees just disapprove of decisions made in the last 2 years...many people managers are burned out and taking stress leaves left and right!
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Discover cares about there employees I enjoyed working for Discover. I had a terrific manager who cared about me. They give excellent training and follow thru.
Best non medical job I had This job was amazing the people were friendly they really gave you incentives it wasn’t too stressful I love this jobI still have my friends from work even though I have left Dicover to go back to the medical field
Pay could be better, there are a few processes that I feel would be more efficient but nothing else negative to say so far. The people are nice and my managers are very helpful
I started working here in the beginning of Dec (2019) as entry level in the collections department. Currently I am in the highest level of collections as a lead account specialist. You can move up fairly fast in the company if you go with the flow of things and do your job. I’ve had 4 pay raises in the last 8 months. The job is not difficult but management makes it tedious. The whole management structure is micro managed based. They constantly have coachings and meetings with you almost every day from multiple people telling you the same info. The calls are never up to their standards. If you can handle being micro managed and working in a call center, it’s not so bad.
Pros
Easy to move up
Cons
Micromanagement
training was done virtualy, without the proper equipment on hand to practice what was being taught. Training went very fast. I was one of three trainees on the very first virtual training for the first 10 days and only at the last 2 days of training did the equipment arrive so only one day of training actualy occured on the actual company computerand at
Pros
good hours
Cons
poor pay
Discover is a productive and fun place to work , if you are serious about building your career over a long period of time. The company encourages internal mobility of employees, which facilitates learning and growth
Pros
401K, Work life balance, Decent job security
Cons
Incompetent leaders in certain parts of the organization, favoritsm, politics
Loved working for such a great company. The benefits and work environment has kept with the company for almost 7 years. Unfortunately, my family is relocating out of state.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not able to relocate and keep my position.
I was hired as an experienced Credit Analyst and with in months they changed from being an analyst to pretty much approving every application. Our team lead had no clue how to manage and ended up getting demoted. All and all it was a horrible work experience. They would manually change time stamp in to steal hours. They do not care about their employees.
Pros
good pay
It's a great place to work as long as you can be patient with the amount of calls (70-120) through out the day. Most managers are open to talking and helping with any issues. If you work hard and stay positive you have alot of advancement opportunities.
Pros
Job security, great benefits, great culture.
Cons
Strict call Adherence
Interview process regarding salary was very misleading and not 100% explained correctly. I did not care for job very stressful work environment, wasn’t for me.
Cons
Pay should have been more for what is required of you.
Always felt respected and like I was leanings new things. I did not enjoy taking calls back to back but that’s what a call center is. Overall pretty decent.
Pros
Job compensation, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Too mush stress, graded calls and high volume of calls
Discover has good people, good managers, great training. They care about helping you succeed. Recently they seem to be focused on younger people with lower salaries... probably to survive. Still a good place to work. Great values.
Pros
Great values, management, training and campus
Cons
age concerns?
I've been here just under a year. A few things that I'm very impressed by:
[a] the people (friendlier than family, supportive, direct, smart, positive, driven/high achievers)

[b] the leadership team (whether it's having open and difficult conversations about race, equity & inclusion OR allowing WFH through the end of 2020, they are thoughtful and make decisions quickly and with the employee & customer in mind)

[c] the commitment to continuous improvement (through team huddles, leadership huddles, the tools like Miro boards to increase visibility)

[d] the support to grow yourself and your career (leadership training, conferences, access to mentors, leader support, feedback & regular productive 1:1s)

-[e] the amount of "boomerang" employees tells me the grass doesn't get greener than Discover.
Pros
PTO (25 days), Fair Comp (including bonus/incentive), Leadership, Culture, Growth, Work-Life Balance
Cons
Red tape is being greatly reduced, but bureaucracy still exists in pockets.
Pay and benefits are good for the job. Never felt appreciated as an employee, basically just feels that management only sees numbers not people. The option for work at home was great.
Pros
Good benefits, lots of gifts ie. merchandise with discover logo
Cons
Unpredictable schedules, no appreciation for workers
The stress in this company is not worth the money. Customers are rude and sometimes racist. The motto is customers are always right no matter how they act on the phone. They rate you by unbelievable metrics and unattainable goals. Even when you put your bestfoot forward there is always something to find fault with. The only way to advance is if you are in the business of kissing butt.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
I love working for discover card because they treat you like a family and are there for you no matter what is happening I would recommend this place for anyone to work here
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discover Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K
Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.