Discover Financial Services Employee Reviews

Found 1,968 reviews matching the search See all 1,993 reviews
Work life balance issues.
Sr. Business Analyst/ Cybersecurity Engineering (Current Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILDecember 10, 2018
As Discover has grown it has eroded one of the values it feels it important. Work-life balance. As they have grown the managers are technical but have a poor understanding of managing people.
Cons
Poor work life balance
Culture is diverse
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DE 19720December 8, 2018
It's different and complex......each day you sign on and take calls breaks are 15 mins part time and two 15min breaks and one 30min lunch for full time. Breaks are paid, lunches aren't. Training system constantly changes, which is annoying. Hardest part is not getting smart with customers on the phone.
awesome place to work!!
Account Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2018
Really cool company to work for. Easy work for descent pay and a very friendly and comfortable environment.They even have awesome rooms to get away and relax. They also have a gym, a full service cafeteria, a urgent care, and even what i would call a convienence store called the snake pit which is all so beneficial.
Pros
accessible cafeteria and urgent care and gym.
Cons
parking and breaks were short.
Discover
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85027December 6, 2018
Ut's a great desk job to work. Everyone is friendly and very collaborative. This place is all about takimg care of customers and helping everyone advance their career in this type.of.business
Great company!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2018
When working for Discover Financial, I absolutely loved it! Unfortunately, I had to leave for personal reasons but I would apply again in a heart beat. Hands down best call center I have ever worked for.
Pros
Company morale boosters, events, enviroment, facility, incentives
Cons
Pay and part time hours when first starting
A very fast-paced work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2018
It was a lot fun to work there and you had great benefits with great pay. We took a lot of inbound calls and to take care of the customers needs that they needed done on their account.
Family oriented
Balance transfer representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2018
This company is very family oriented and you immediately feel comfortable in the environment the moment you walk in. Training was immaculate and also included on the job training, taking live phone calls with the help of market area experts.
Pros
Prizes, pot lucks
SENIOR CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2018
Able to move around to different departments. They help with advancement opportunities. Discover loves a good party always one type of food going around. But mostly pizza. You learn a lot working here. I have been here 3years and love it.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Not much overtime
fun place, amazing recognition
WVC, Utah - ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTDecember 2, 2018
I loved it ! I miss it
I really loved the way they made sure you had support in improving on set goals. They emphasize on team work and goal setting which is a wonderful space for you to grow
Pros
you make alot of money
Very well organized team player orientated good place to work cares about their employees
Account speacialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 1, 2018
I worked for discover financial services for 9 years and in that 9 years I was treated very well all the team leaders were very good at motivation collaboration, was a positive environment to work in

Want to know more about Discover Financial Services?

Ask a question
The job is okay
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 30, 2018
It's a great place to work for the culture. The people are friendly and for the most part they want to see you be successful. However, I feel like they make it hard for you to be successful. I feel this way because I have had numerous times where I wasn't informed about a policy until it was to late. Don't know if that is the overall company or just the department I've been in. It's differently hard to be successful in a career that doesn't always offered all the tools for continued growth. I do however love the culture and the people I've meant in discover. I would just advice to beware of all policy's since it seems management doesn't always tell them to you honestly.

For the job I do I don't feel we get paid enough (and have conversations with multiple peers who happen to feel the same way). Plus, we do have to focus on meeting a ton of goals in a short time we are there. Which would be fine if we had a little more time to start our computers, go to the bathroom, sneeze, or take care of our families or medical emergency, and were paid more than what we are offered.
Pros
Culture, people, work events, volunteering opportunities, health clinic on site.
Cons
Short breaks, or non-existing breaks, not enough time to know policy's or how the company wants you to perform.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 30, 2018
I had a great time working at Discover and think everyone should apply. Atmosphere is good and Discover Keeps their employees happy with incentives. There is good chances for advancements too.
Pretty good
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DENovember 29, 2018
Discover was great. I loved the early shift, but hated working the inconsistent hours on the weekends. It was supposed to be one weekend a month and ended up being 3. Wouldn't have been bad if it was my regular hours.
Pros
Early hours
Cons
The werkends
Great company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 27, 2018
Discover is a great company to work for. They environment is chill, the work is easy, it does get a little tiring of being on the phones all the time but the goal is to promote so you don’t have to be on the phones all the time. Customers can be refreshing it’s good to hear that they appreciate you.
Decent entry level job with limited opportunities for growth
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 26, 2018
Provided customer service for Card Members regarding statements, interest rates, and payments.

I had a supportive Manager that was available for assistance.
Pros
Insurance benefits and flexible hours
Cons
Salary lower than other CSR jobs.
Productive and fun working and learning new skills environmrnt
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2018
Enjoyed working for Discover.Great diverse culture and many opportunities for advancement.Very comfortable working environment but
Some days can be challenging at work.
Great company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  New Albany, ohNovember 19, 2018
Great company to work for. Some minor management problems. Great atmosphere would recommend for others to work here. Fast paced call center environment
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTNovember 19, 2018
I happen to work here while the company is going through some changes that make advancement at this juncture a little more difficult, but everything else is great, the pay has increased several times in the 10 months I have been here and the environment is very good, it's nice having the support structure one needs to be successful at their role.
Pros
Pay is decent, cafeteria is nice and discounted, good job for finishing up school because of some down time to study, the tuition reimbursement is very good.
Cons
Advancement is a little stagnant right now
Fantastic and FUN place to work.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84120November 19, 2018
An AWESOME place to work! Wish they were located on the East Coast. All kinds of people work there. One of the best jobs I have ever worked! Benefits are AMAZING!
Pros
Everything about the job is positive! Even the customers are pleasant.
Great job
AML Investigator (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHNovember 18, 2018
I have a great boss and the work is challenging.My coworkers are professional. The cultural is pretty relaxed, especially the dress code. 401k is better than average.
Pros
work from home
Cons
poor technology

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discover Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight