Discover Financial Services Employee Reviews

Found 2,091 reviews matching the search See all 2,117 reviews
Emotionally Taxing
Customer Service/E-Guidance Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2019
Working at Discover was emotionally taxing with the type of clients you service. Most of the time when people are calling in to their credit card company, they are angry about something so you deal with escalated customers daily. The only reason I would recommend this job is for something that just needs something to get by. There is not a lot of room for advancement and the pay is not worth the stress you endure on a day to day basis.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Pay, Clients, Crazy hours, work/life balance
Misleading on job itself
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 18, 2019
Misinformation from the start.. Recruters mislead you. Your not collecting or even actually talking to customers for sometimes up to 8 months. They start you in a role they call mining. Ridiculous. Train you to get Right Party contacts then leave messages all day. When you finally get to take collections calls they rush training. No real prep. The training gets worse as you move up..I'm just glad I had previous collections experience.
Contract
AML & SAR Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHMarch 17, 2019
Was a contractor working at Discovery. Worked endless OT with no perks except a flexible schedule. Because we were contractors we were not able to use the gym or participate in any team or company activities like picnics or rallys.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Could not use the gym or participate in any compay rewards or perks
fun atmosphere
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2019
If you are young this is the place for you, very casual dress attire,I enjoyed the company for the last 3 years but management making many changes. Overall still a good work environment. I personally am not happy in my department with so many changes. Pay grade is decent but you will work very hard for that pay.
Pros
401 match, very casual attire
Cons
lots of overtime required to perform
Hated this job.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 14, 2019
Counstantly looking over shoulder. Not enough training for all the processes. You screw up you are gone. Big turnover to mamy steps to resolutions.
Pros
Cons
Lots of food all the time.
Wonderful workplace culture
Customer Service Engagement (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHMarch 13, 2019
I wish Discover had been a better fit for me, the three years spent there were rewarding and it was great to be a part of a company so committed to caring for their customers.
Great Workplace
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMarch 13, 2019
Had fun while working.
Typical work day is well addressed with priorities.
Typical Work day comprises with Cross functional Team interactions.
Typically every one is Jublient at work with job satisfaction.
Pros
Fun Working
Cons
Fianancial
acquisitions relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 13, 2019
Its a good company to work for great environment the management really wants to see you succeed and advance in the work place excellent pay and benefits.
My term at Discover financial
Risk Analyst Agent / Miner (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHMarch 12, 2019
Overall I value any experience that has brought me this far including discover , The locations and drive is taxing , the culture is inspiring , the day to day isn't up to expectations but campus is beautiful.
Collaborative culture with good work life balance
FINANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILMarch 11, 2019
Discover has a very open and collaborative culture in general. People are willing to help. Management does live and breathe Discover values. For most part, work life balance is great. Company benefits have improved in the past few years.
Pros
PTOs, 401(K) Match
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities in Finance
productive place
Contractor at discover (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 11, 2019
Discover is a great place to work if you are hired on by Discover. The people and culture is great. Its a fast past working place. Management is very good.
Fun place to work with onsite cafeteria
Sr.Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DE 19720March 11, 2019
I really like working for Discover, alot of diversity is always a good thing, Discover has received the JD Power Reward twice since I have been working there, the gave all employees an extra paid day off for that , its actually a great place to work.
Pros
Pto, opportunity to work from home, 4o1k matches 5%, great health care
Cons
Could have better compensation
fun place to work
Digital Servicing Agent (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEMarch 10, 2019
I have to say working at Discover has been the best expeirence ever!!! Very diverse fun and fast paced. i have learned A LOT about the ins and outs of having a credit card and it feels good being about to help educate our card members on way to avoid fees.
Great place to work, frendly envoriment
Collection Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHMarch 7, 2019
Very nice company, great to there employees, my time at Discover was a great experience, I wish I would have continue my employment there, do to personal reasons I had to resign
Great Place if you like Collecting
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHMarch 6, 2019
It was my best place I ever worked the better you are at collecting the more they are going to keep making you go to harder collecting position eventually I just didnt like being on the phones anymore
Great culture, very low pay for support roles
Sr. Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2019
I loved working for Discover! Everyone was polite and the work culture was absolutely addicting! However, culture does not pay the bills! If Discover worked on more competitive salaries for non-phone supporting roles as well as appreciate why those roles are important ( positions like Reporting Analysts, Quality Control, Data Architects), they would be in a great spot for using internal talent for advanced analytics. Don’t be afraid to invest in your employees paychecks and stay competitive! Yes, the market is booming for support roles and so are your competitors starting rates!

If you are looking for any non phone sensitive positions, make sure you know your worth. More than likely, you can get double the salary rate at other companies doing the exact same support responsibilities at Discover.

Other than that, great company and the cafe is nice.
Pros
Great benefits, Awesome Management, Relaxed Atmosphere
Cons
Low salary, Have to relocate to advance career.
Great Company
Student Loans Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2019
Had no issues working with Discover as they are helpful when dealing with working with your schedule and having great leaders that communicate well with you.
Productive work place
Dispute Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2019
Discover was a wonderful to work with different cultures. I never did have a bad day I loved my job. I learned more about the company and I always loved to get training on different products.
Pros
The bosses will always think about yoi
Cons
Like the health care
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 4, 2019
The culture us unlike anything else, they truly care about their employees! Ive never felt so open and honest with Management in my life! The love and passion is something that radiates at Discover
Fun place to work incredible benefits
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 3, 2019
Working here felt very supportive had lots of time off didn't feel like there was a lot of room for growth. I really like the culture there were so many fun events during work it felt like they did go out of their way to make you feel special
Pros
The benefits
Cons
It's hard to grow hair

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discover Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight