Discover Goodwill Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun place to work at
Textiles Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 25, 2018
This was my first job after being home with my child for a year. I got trained well and my supervisor was very flexible with my work/home life schedule. I had really good co-workers and I would love to work there again ! It is a retail position, so it does not work out well for people who would not enjoy working retail .
its a job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 14, 2018
expect you to do insane amount of work and pick up everyones slack for minimum wage.no room for advancement, they hire from outside of company for all supervisor and manager positions.
I am not a paid employee
Administrative Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs COJune 13, 2018
Although I do not get paid for the work that I do directly Goodwill has given me a stepping stone for starting a new career direction. I mostly work in the Voyages program and I love all the crew in that program they are like a very welly greased wheel.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not a job available that I can stay there long term right now.
Besides management a good place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canon city, ColoradoApril 12, 2018
Horrible management!!! No communication, yells at employees in front of customers. Tells customers with disabilities if they don't buy anything they need to leave and stop drinking her coffee..I would not tell anyone to work for her.. horrible, horrible person.. the upper management only cares that she gets her numbers
Pros
The people that work there
Cons
Company
A Review
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 7, 2018
This a fast past and energized environment. You will be working with adults who have IDD, so patience is a must. You will help to foster independent living skills.
Pros
Paid
Mixed feeligs
Cashier/Softlines Associate (Current Employee) –  Fountain, COMarch 26, 2018
I had switched from full time to part time recently. Now I am only working 5-10 hours per WEEK. I enjoy the atmosphere and the staff, but if you aren't needed by them, plan on working short shifts.
Pros
helping others, personal and economic independence
Cons
inconsistent scheduling
Fast pace
Softlines Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 20, 2018
Overall okay, supervisors and managers are super unprofessional. lots of favoritism, is not what the company says they are. not very nice people who work there, very negative environment.
Pros
benifits
Cons
managers, supervisors
Okay to Build Experience
CNA Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 9, 2018
This was an okay place to work for a few years to build experience. I would not recommend this job to a friend or even an acquaintance. Management has no idea what they are doing and advancement is based on favoritism, not performance. The pay is awful and the company does not implement it's mission statements. It is all about budgets, numbers, and money. Employees are often told what they do wrong but they are rarely praised for doing good things.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Terrible pay, awful pay
A lot of miss communication
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 7, 2018
I was working at an off site location and had no management from Goodwill on site. As well as very little communication from a manager of any kind. I had three different managers in a six month period. Management dose not pass on information about what was going on before they took over.
Pros
They did pay for my CNA training
Cons
Not helpful if injured on the gob or an illness because of the job.
Good
Floor Technician/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 13, 2018
Work was contracted out busy at times slow at others. Part of a training program Team was awesome. Good with learning other jobs which was part of getting job done Other training in construction field.
Pros
No supervision on regular basic
Cons
Steady employment
nice and stable with an great environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  1675 Garden of the GodsDecember 23, 2017
I was a caseworker that handled about 20 to 30 case loads. I learned to deal with different people that had all sorts of situations, and I was able to help others gain employment.
Pros
friendly people, great benefits
Cons
it can be slow on some days
Goodwill is a phenomenal place to work/volunteer
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 7, 2017
I work as a volunteer. The position is Clerical; typing, phones, filing, coping, assisting the the class with orientation. My time here is not permanent. It is an internship to work on my clerical skills.
just a job but strict
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 7, 2017
the job was great but it was strict. they wanted the new guy to meet a ridiculous statues quote that would take a at least five or six months to be able developed the skills just to meet
Pros
really really flexible hours
Cons
unrealistic goals
what I learned
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 7, 2017
Case management for adults with Intellectual and developmental disabilities. Learn the rules and regulations of working with the IDD population. Learned my role as a case manager
Very nice to work here.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 12, 2017
It was a good working place, I have no more to say at this time.
I will be glad to stay at this company if it was more benefits to offer that would be very nice.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benifits
I learned a lot of Microsoft Office.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 11, 2017
I especially enjoyed Friday Job Club; sharing employment opportunities, Job Fairs, etc.
I appreciated the network of several employees, and their expertise,
in finding employment opportunities, and up to date companies that are hiring.
The people are nice to work with
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 6, 2017
I love working here at Goodwill. The people I work around are friendly and committed to helping people in the community. I have learned many new skills, my supervisor is very supportive in my work and advancement.
Not a place to work!
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 4, 2017
Management does not know how to communicate with employees or other managers within the company. Management tells you that you will be receiving a pay increase of an extra .75 cents from you average pay of 9.30 did I mention that you are lucky if you actually see your pay change. Management manipulates your hours and pay. Summer hours ha, all you are doing is 12 hours shifts Sunday-Thursday and 10 hours on a Friday. Not enough staff for schools that need 2 full time and 1 part time. Did I mention that they failed to let their employees know that they had lost their contracts to d-20 schools? So that you would have time to get employed elsewhere. You end up hearing about it from d-20 officials if you are close to the principle or vice principle of the schools.
Oh and for people that think you have until the 30th of September 2017 to find work think again because D-20 has a hiring even on the 8th and work starts on the 13th 2017!
Pros
Job experience
Cons
Pay, Health/dental/vision plan, management
very productive
Dock Lead (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 11, 2017
Can be hectic but a great place to get your foot in the door. I learned patience in a busy working environment. I really enjoyed working with all different kinds of people from all walks of life, and the opportunity to move forward in the company.
Pros
lots of work oppertunity
Cons
hectic, lots of moving parts
Not a great place to work
Admin (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 28, 2017
Being on salary means working M-F 8-5 and being continually called on weekends. Much lower pay than you'd expect, even for a non-profit. Medical benefits were very expensive and low quality. Senior management was splintered into their own areas and there didn't seem to be any real plan. It wasn't unusual to hear the VPs screaming at each other through closed doors. The employee turn over rate was exceptionally high, even in administrative areas where you'd expect it be lower. Goodwill seemed to have a love for firing (or forcing out) people that didn't want to be 24/7 or crossed their manager once.