DiscoverOrg Employee Reviews

A Facade of A Culture
Research Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 25, 2019
The management will ask you to review the company positive on Glassdoor and other sites to cover up how they treat their employees. This combined with the overall disorganization as well as the lack of proper compensation for the skill level of the employees makes this company one of the worst I've ever worked at.
You can advanced, but dont challenge status quo
Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 11, 2019
There are a lot of opportunities in this company, but they come at a cost to your work life balance. DiscoverOrg is completely top down driven, so if you are below the executive level, you have no authority in your position. The environment is unstable and constantly changing. They also have a culture of proudly paying below market rate on compensation, and setting unrealistic deadlines with the expectation that their employees will work extra hours to make it happen. It is common to put weeks of work into a project to have it de-prioritized. My career is much better off for having worked here, but I would not recommend it.
Pros
Many opportunities to advance below the management level, free snacks, great PTO policies
Cons
No ownership over your job, long hours, shifting priorities, no performance reviews
Easy to fit in to usual tough work culture
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 26, 2019
If you do your job right, talk to your supervisor and respect the company leaders you will do just fine in this place, however if you don't follow any one of those things 100% prepare to be let go instantly, there is absolutely no slacking in this workplace.
Pros
constant work parties, plenty of career advancement opportunities, amazing break room, great benefits
Cons
tough job, unsteady work outcomes
DiscoverOrg
Customer Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 23, 2019
My employment at DiscoverOrg was very fast paced. You are expected to learn quickly and not stay in the same position. The advancement opportunities are there, but you need to have a definite type A personality. it isn't a good fit for someone who wants to wait until they are confident in what they are doing before moving up. If you are not ready to advance you can be let go quickly. They do a lot for their employees to motivate them but can also dismiss you without expecting it. I had the opportunity to meet many driven people while there. During employment unfortunately I needed to have two surgeries and was not able to keep up with the fast pace. They were very good to me allowing me to leave with an open door to return.
Pros
Pay is good, incentives for extra time put in
Cons
very faced paced, not enough time to learn positions, job security
Not worth it!
Corporate Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 5, 2019
This job was not worth the amount of stress. You never know how the day was going to turn out. People left or got fired from left to right. Overall, my manager was nice and my friends were cool but I could not handle the day to day work as well as many others I had spoken with.
Pros
M-f, events, free soda machine and the people
Cons
The type of work
If you are ok with lying
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 30, 2018
The job is great if you're a good liar. They tell you thatyou aren't lying but you really are. You have to weasle you're way into a receptionists good graces in order to fill your daily quota. If you dont meet your daily quota you're in constant fear of losing your job.
Pros
Good medical benefits and free coffee
Cons
Fear of losing your job all the time.
Don't waste your time
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 10, 2018
This place fired me with no prior warning. I was never written up, or to my knowledge given a formal verbal warning. There are no disciplinary processes in place. If you are not best friends with management you will be gone.

1. You judged on an unfair crazy metric system. I never had issues hitting my numbers. Be prepared to lie to people to get information from them. That's what you do, its a lie. You lie on the phone.
2. There is no direction on projects. You will get told something is important only to pivot and do something else an hour later. It's absolutely insane.
3. Constant overbearing micromanaging by leaders. I was so confused as to what I was supposed to be doing by the time I was let go with little to no reason I couldn't even make a decision.

Oh and the HR manager walked me downstairs like I was a criminal. I told her I didn't have my security card, and apparently didn't believe me. She told the security guard not to let me back up to the floor. Why would I go back up to the floor? No conversation nothing. I had a scheduled check in with the HR manager the Friday before they fired me. They missed it, and I was then fired 5 days later.

Absolutely bonkers. They don't care. Dont waste your time. Unless you enjoy calling people for 2 hours a day, lying to people, and living in a frat house.

Oh and 2 stalls for 500 people to use the bathroom. Good luck with that.
Pros
free food, event tickets.
Cons
Micro managing, job security, benefits, parking.
It's awesome!
Research Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 28, 2018
There are some people that make the work place a little unbearable at time, but iverall the company is great! The benefits are amazing, and they're more than willing to work with you if you have family stuff going on. You just have to be honest with them and let them know. People only want you to be the best and they'll do whatever they can to help you meet that goal. They are really goal oriented at the company. They have classes you can take to help you understand what you're doing better and even special training so you can do your job better. It's an amazing place to work and they just their butts to make sure employees want to stay.
Pros
Benefits, respect, hours, pay
Cons
Some people suck!
Corporate Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 14, 2018
I was very pleased with the company. It was extremely hard to leave to pursue my education/career. Management did all they could for employees not meeting goals. I was able to enroll in career progression/management courses as well.
Bad Culture
Corporate Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 8, 2018
Bad culture, no talent recognition, no talent building. Executives will cut corners and step on junior team members to push the business further without considering the negative culture it perpetuates.
Pros
Cons
Poorly run company, employee management and human resources.
Good
Customer Success Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 7, 2018
Good company but leadership is lacking in focus.

Company is growing very fast and there’s too many chef’s in the kitchen.

Needs better management and engagement with employees.
Fun fast growing technology company
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 5, 2018
Great place to work with fun team oriented culture who are part of a successful high achieving organization. With success and over achieving sales goals produces a great vibe.
Decent place to work with a fun culture
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 3, 2018
The people who work there are amazing and just want you to have fun with work events that they have frequently and then it gets down to business, to the point where you don't even get a warning before they let you go without any notice. So you better bust your butt if you want this awesome job.
Pros
bonuses for good work
Cons
no guarantees you'll be able to meet your quota
Cut-throat culture
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 26, 2018
Don't work here. Toxic work environment. Nepotism. Harassment. People are overworked and underpaid. CEO screams at people. Other managers treat employees horribly.
Good place to work, friendly employees
Corporate Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 11, 2018
On a typical work day you make 100+ outbound calls totaling about 2 hours of phone time, Collecting infrastructure data on different departments within an organization. Research & Data collection is a large part of the job as well as processing data retrieved to ensure accuracy. Management is typically pretty lax but job security doesn't seem to be prominent as the company is very large and their moto is no bad data.The hardest part of the job is being on the computer all day it can become eye straining, tiresome, and at times a little boring as well as ensuring all boxes are checked when entering in data in order to provide the most accurate entries. The motions tend to be repetitive yet tedious. I find that the goals are somewhat hard to meet. The most enjoyable part is you are off at 3:30-4:30 daily (depending on OT) and they are generous with paid time off, benefits, sick pay..etc. they have fun Friday once a month including games of some sort, recognition's for those who exceed within the company and giveaway's. IF you meet or exceed goals there is a bonus initiative that is fairly generous if you have a good month. The executives are extremely friendly and welcoming as long as you are doing your job, meeting goals and entering clear /accurate data. Overall a decent place to work.
Pros
Fun Friday, Free food (every once in a while), benefits, hours, recognition, promotions.
Cons
sit down all day, computer work, making 100+ calls, repetitive motions
A chance for greatness
Director, Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 31, 2018
Once they figure out how to make the engineering department a destination for talent in the Portland metro area, DiscoverOrg will likely be able to achieve great things.
Was a great place to work but ultimately you need to be with the "in" crowd
Customer Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 3, 2017
Loved the culture with most of my co-workers but the constant change in sales goals was utterly insane. It felt like one step forward and two steps back. Managment really is in there own world and could care less unless your over achieving their standards. Seems like most plans are rushed and last min.
Pros
Fun co-workers, and open environment
Cons
Confused goals, too young leadership
Extremely political and very poor management
Software Test Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 10, 2017
If you enjoy working in a highly political environment in a company that purports to be "politics free"; with management that browbeats employees publicly; with management that will not talk about problems with employees, choosing to "let them go" instead then this is absolutely the place for you. I loved my job, loved the people with whom I worked but the rest of the corporate culture was extremely stressful and toxic for me. I call out, as toxic, both the CEO and the Vice President of Software Development. It never ceases to amaze me how a couple of marginal persons in management can turn a fun workplace into a living hades.
Pros
mostly great people with whom to work
Cons
Lousy physical workspace, toxic management, very substandard pay, corporate refusal/inability to deal with and resolve problems
Great Place to work
QA Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 23, 2017
I left DiscoverOrg because I had finished my schooling and wanted to pursue a career pertaining to the degree I earned. I really enjoyed my time at DiscoverOrg and recommend it, in the highest regards.
Good people and good company
Customer Success Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 4, 2017
DiscoverOrg made me a better salesman and drove me to get better every day. I recommend the job to anyone who is looking to challenge himself to get better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DiscoverOrg. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

DiscoverOrg Reviews by Location