DiscoverOrg Culture reviews

You can advanced, but dont challenge status quo
Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 11, 2019
There are a lot of opportunities in this company, but they come at a cost to your work life balance. DiscoverOrg is completely top down driven, so if you are below the executive level, you have no authority in your position. The environment is unstable and constantly changing. They also have a culture of proudly paying below market rate on compensation, and setting unrealistic deadlines with the expectation that their employees will work extra hours to make it happen. It is common to put weeks of work into a project to have it de-prioritized. My career is much better off for having worked here, but I would not recommend it.
Pros
Many opportunities to advance below the management level, free snacks, great PTO policies
Cons
No ownership over your job, long hours, shifting priorities, no performance reviews
Bad Culture
Corporate Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 8, 2018
Bad culture, no talent recognition, no talent building. Executives will cut corners and step on junior team members to push the business further without considering the negative culture it perpetuates.
Pros
Cons
Poorly run company, employee management and human resources.
Fun fast growing technology company
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 5, 2018
Great place to work with fun team oriented culture who are part of a successful high achieving organization. With success and over achieving sales goals produces a great vibe.
Was a great place to work but ultimately you need to be with the "in" crowd
Customer Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 3, 2017
Loved the culture with most of my co-workers but the constant change in sales goals was utterly insane. It felt like one step forward and two steps back. Managment really is in there own world and could care less unless your over achieving their standards. Seems like most plans are rushed and last min.
Pros
Fun co-workers, and open environment
Cons
Confused goals, too young leadership
Extremely political and very poor management
Software Test Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 10, 2017
If you enjoy working in a highly political environment in a company that purports to be "politics free"; with management that browbeats employees publicly; with management that will not talk about problems with employees, choosing to "let them go" instead then this is absolutely the place for you. I loved my job, loved the people with whom I worked but the rest of the corporate culture was extremely stressful and toxic for me. I call out, as toxic, both the CEO and the Vice President of Software Development. It never ceases to amaze me how a couple of marginal persons in management can turn a fun workplace into a living hades.
Pros
mostly great people with whom to work
Cons
Lousy physical workspace, toxic management, very substandard pay, corporate refusal/inability to deal with and resolve problems
Great Place to work
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 4, 2015
DiscoverOrg is a great place to work, the employees and work environment are nice. Employee benefits are good and what would make this place better would to offer 401k.