Discovery Benefits

Discovery Benefits Employee Reviews

Great place for the right person
I believe that discovery benefits is a wonderful ace to work with a great atmosphere. It was not a great fit for me personally, but I think it could have been jn the correct department.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Leadership at the time of my employment
Great management staff
I love the the managers and supervisors help you try and better yourself.
Busy season offers great overtime but is exhausting

Culture is great

Have fun committes to become a part of

Flexible Hours
Pros
Great bonuses
Cons
Call after call is exhausting and pay is not the greatest
Was wonderful until changes made
They restructured the teams halfway through my time with the company and took away a lot of autonomy and opportunities to work your strengths. It became more metric based and the new management was unaware of any of the training a person previously had.
Awesome company to work for
Management and coworkers were awesome. The pay was above an average call center and when I worked there was bonuses available they also do a lot of overtime incentives during busy times. Job is a little stressful but that with pretty much any call center. They also offer work from home positions. Only left because I moved out of state and wasnt able to keep working for them.
Pros
Games in break room, awesome staff, great benefits, no weekends, lots of promotions from within the company
Cons
Typical call center with extremely high call volumes
This place is a joke
This company is a “Too many chiefs, not enough Indians” type. There’s almost a manager to every employee of some sorts. Then there are VPs and Senior VPs of only god knows what. Probably a VP of changing toilet paper if you look closely enough. They lay claim to having a great culture here at DBI, but that is only if you are one of a few categories: 1.) You are a mindless drone of a worker who takes calls all day. 2.) You are still involved in High School cliques and only rely on validation to get through your day. (Think of the movie Heathers and you’ll get the point) 3.) You are a Under Armor, Nike, North Face wearing - going to ride the coattails of your former high school or college days, and have nothing else to brag about.
The turn over here is high for the call center employees. And for only 13 an hour, it’s not a big wonder why they’re leaving. New ideas and thinking outside of the box are frowned upon, unless you are a VP or director of some sort, other than that, expect others to do the thinking for you. In general, most employees here are so vapid, it makes you puke.

Would I recommend this company to work for? No, if you have a conscience, soul, and are a self thinker. Yes, if you gravitate towards others who all need validation every waking moment of your life.
Pros
Cons
Walking in to this company
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Very poor
My job experience with this company was very poor..clients would call and explain to me how other Representatives would tell them that they basically do not have the patience or time to talk with the clients and would basically explain to clients how the company does not owe them any refunds and would try to cheat clients out of refunds. I would talk with clients to get them settled down and explained to them how I would take the time to help get the money they deserve. Discovery Benefits is a scam, a cheat, a fake, and a lie when it comes to health insurance, clients, and employees. Each employee is expected to receive between 30 to 60 phone calls per day and if you receive any less you will get deducted on your pay. I would not refer anyone (friend or foe) to work for this company or to sign up for health insurance through this company because they lie and are more concerned about quantity (numbers and money) than they are about quality (clients and their health insurance needs)
Pros
No pros
Cons
Cheat, Lie, Scam
The individuals I worked with.
I enjoyed the relationships I built while working at Discovery Benefits. I found a passion in process improvements, product knowledge and being able to assist our company and department grow over the years. Overall, I had gratitude seeing individual team members succeeded with my guidance.
people great to work with but stressful
overwhelming for new staff, not a lot of 1-on-1 time, standards higher than some could meet, people eager to help, time for fun activities, monthly team meetings
Pros
fun activities, good insurance, friendly & helpful supervisors
Cons
phones can be very busy, no down time
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Discovery Benefits?
Fun work environment, mundane daily tasks.
Participant services is a great position to join the company with. DBI is a growing company with many new positions on offer, that are generally hired internally before opening to external applications. The participant services position is a typical call center job, but with a great company that provides good benefits, extra paid breaks, and routine work activities for morale.
Good compensation and benefits; poor leadership in the Finance Group
Lack of direction/vision/goals from finance leadership; no real performance management system, it is available but not systematically used. Finance leadership does not provide vision or strategy, nor work to align specific team member goals to the groups'. Team member input is not valued; a lot of micro-management.
Pros
Ping Pong Table; Break Room
Cons
Lack of vision/direction in the finance group
Amazing co-workers. Terrible management
I loved my job at DBI, but the management there was awful. You absolutely cannot advance in this place unless you are a part of the popular crowd, much like high school. There is also a lot of gossip. I was there for three years and I left, if that's any indication as to how terrible this place is. Their FTO policy is pretty fair. However, if you run out of FTO, you will be written up. You'll also be written up for not meeting stats, so keep that in mind. They will pay you less than you are worth too, so fight for a higher wage when you first start, or you'll be stuck with that low wage for a very long time. The CEO is a wonderful person. Very down to earth. All the VP's are also great. It's the managers and supervisors in Participant Services that are difficult to deal with. You only get told what you're doing wrong. No one ever reaches out to compliment you on your achievements.
Pros
Great benefits, awesome co-workers, lots of events
Cons
Poor management, no advancement, low wages
Fun work place compaired to some places
I liked working with most of the people there. But there are clicks there just like high school. You constantly take calls and they only give you so much training, and you need to learn most of it as you go and it is very stressful.
Pros
Fun potlucks and activities
Cons
very stressful
I enjoyed the Culture
There is a great culture at Discovery Benefits, they are a work/play environment. The stress of the job is balanced with the activities that are offered to relieve stress.
Pros
Many company sponsored events
Productive and fun workplace that empowers employees to make the most of themselves
The company is growing quickly, but not too quickly so as not to be organic. That is, the employees there fit the culture and mission of the company and care about its success. I was hired on and given ample time in their learning program to develop the tools I would need to be successful in my role. I was consistently given opportunities to succeed (company leadership program and mentorship program) and a good level of autonomy to implement new ideas and have creative freedom. A truly terrific workplace!
Pros
Breaks encouraged (Ping pong!), Transparent leadership, lots of culture events
Cons
Dry company subject matter
Great place to work and the culter is the best
Overall this was a great place to work . Everyone is welcoming for the most part. I developed some close relationships with my co-workers. All the supervisors I had were helpful and actually cared about you as a person. They do need some adjustments made in their HR department with a couple people. Unfortunately the reason I left involved was because of a specific person. Please don't let my bad experience with one person deter you from applying here!
Pros
Great benefits, culture, fun environment
Cons
Certain employees and you take A LOT of calls where people scream and cuss you out.
Fun job, horrible coworkers/culture
The job itself was fun/interesting, but the staff and management were unprofessional and not a pleasure to work with. Very efficient and flexible with schedule.
Excellent working environment
Excellent working environment. Very adaptable company. Works with all different backgrounds and diversity. Excellent benefits, and paid time off. Great customer service.
Na
Wonderful work environment. The people are fun and accepting to work with. Hardest part of the job would be listening to how frustrated people were with cases that you weren't able to resolve.
A fun work place
A great place to work, sent friends there to apply. I liked the people I worked with. They had a great understanding that you also had a life, things happen.
Pros
Ping pong tables, fireplace
Cons
Short breaks
Great Place
Great place to work, great people. Typically work day is kind of slow, Benefits could be a lot better. It is hard to advance within the company, but overall an okay place.
Good Management.
My experience with the management in the company has been good and i do not have complaints about that aspect. I am looking for a job that provide higher wages.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discovery Benefits. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.6Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Discovery Benefits Reviews by Location