Discovery Communications Employee Reviews

I loved working at Discovery
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
In my 8 years at Discovery I learned professionalism, and had many opportunities and ideas were allowed to grow, and encouraged. There was a lot of stress free travel, and i was allowed to work with a team or alone.
Discover Channel
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 11, 2018
Soon after my time there, there was a publicized shooting at this location. Which halted or hindered my return.

But before then, I was allowed to freely participate in almost every facet of the management, as a administrative support staffer.
It was a good and wonderful experience working there
Life (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2018
Designing has been my lifestyle and working with this wonderful company made my love for graphic design grow. Days with discovery channel was lovely, the CEO is a team player and carry all his employees along
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great Place!
TLC/DFH Logistics Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  DCTCJune 26, 2018
Great place to work... met a lot of life-long friends and colleagues. Learned a lot oabout MCO...and logistics. Great mentoring programs and always room to advance.
Great Place!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 22, 2018
Discovery Communications was a great place to work. Although I was a contractor, I still was able to benefit many opportunities which were offered to full time staff. Great people and culture.
Amazing experience
Survivalist (Former Employee) –  IowaJune 21, 2018
I recommend everyone to have a chance to work with this company for a once in a lifetime experience. They are very understanding and work with your schedule to make sure everyone is happy.
great culture
team effort
overall great work culture
amazing life job
traveling and photographhy (Current Employee) –  allJune 12, 2018
DISCOVERY COMMUNICATION is best place for work

i LIKE traveling and the DISCOVERY COMMUNICATION is best place for travel so i think it is very useful
Working here was amazing
Media and Broadcast Operations (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 8, 2018
I loved working at Discovery, greatest experience. The only thing was the pay. A little on low end for area, however, if you are creatively destined, it may not matter. If you work hard, there are definitely opportunities here.
Pros
work, people, management, benefits, schedule, culture, future roles
Cons
pay
Great company
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 4, 2018
Discovery is an awesome place to work.
Treasury is a small group which grows with the company and adapts accordingly. Cross-training is provided among the team members to ensure a seamless flow of daily operational functions. Team members support each other and can also work well independently on individual responsibilities and projects.
The work life balance program enables working from home with company provided resources (computer and IT support) . This is a great advantage if you have a long commute.
The office is business casual and the people are most enjoyable.
Discovery offers educational opportunities for seminars and conferences, on and off site.
Great company. Tough times
Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 31, 2018
The turmoil in the entertainment industry has put great strain on the company. It continues to go through layoffs and restructuring. Hopefully this will pass as it is a great place to work.
excellent, dynamic environment
Vice President, Discovery Access (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 30, 2018
Discovery has so many diverse business interests it would be impossible to become bored there. The work environment is mostly very positive, with great employee support programs in place. The only downside is the constant re-aligning of goals and the re-organizations, but that is the case with any large media company today.
It's been fifteen years since I worked there...
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 30, 2018
It's been fifteen years since I worked there, and the store closed about twelve years ago.
I have no relevant information to report as of this date...
Great Company
Language Customization Specialist (Localization) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 3, 2018
Discovery cares about its employees. Benefits are great.. Its a fast working environment, but at the end of the day you know the company is backing you 100%. The downside are the constant laid-offs.
Benefits
Cons
Constant Laid-offs
Good company
Sales Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
Provided great training opportunities for career advancement. Workplace culture was good. Learned to manage an extensive client list and present to client teams.
Enjoyable experience, but they have a clique culture
Marketing/Licensing Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 14, 2018
I would have loved to have extended my time at Discovery, but due to circumstances beyond my control I was unable to. Even though the we were busy and some days were stressful, my time at Discovery was a rewarding experience. Management could also use some work.
Pros
gym discount
Cons
management
Great people but tough climate
Animal Planet Manager of Development (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2018
The people and work environment are great, but the company has dealt poorly with changes in the media landscape and is struggling to keep up, making aspects of the job frustrating.
Fun and high energy environment
Sales and Content Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 28, 2018
Discovery Communications was a great content organization where the employees are given great growth opportunities. Management has an open door policy with fosters open communication. The dynamic nature of the television and digital industries make Discovery an exciting and challenging place to work. As the industry is in constant evolution, everyday we were faced with new challenges and opportunities expand our knowledge and be better professionals.
Pros
Respected and credible brand
Cons
Digital challenges in the marketplace
Great Place to learn
Director (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 22, 2018
People are great, received many courses to grow and stay current. Company benefits were great. In house wellness center for employees. Current situation in company with regionalization to Latin America and layoffs has made it a difficult work environment and has lowered employee morale.
Pros
Great People, Great benefits, Great place to learn, Great Content
Cons
Current restructure and layoffs, more work with less resources
No review
Communication Intern (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 11, 2018
I love to work there however, I need to more stable income and also They have moved to different location which is far away from my home.
I did ask me to relocate but they don't reimburse me for relocation