Discovery Health Services

Discovery Health Services Employee Reviews

United States18 reviews

Discovery Health Services insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

Good place to work at & flexible scheduling

This is by far the best job I’ve had. They’re super flexible and understanding. You pick when and where you want to work. They offer several shifts, although sometimes there’s not enough shifts, and always encourage you to contact them if you have any questions. The major problem is the pay, they don’t offer raises or bonuses, but they do offer holiday pay and over-time pay. If you are looking to get experience and a flexible job, you should definitely apply.

Pros

Flexibility, staff is understanding

Cons

Pay, sometimes not enough shifts

Flexible

Flexible schedule, per diem hours, no pressure if you cannot work. Good pay. Easy to communicate with staff as they are very pleasant. I enjoy working for Discovery Health Services.

Flexible and enjoyable work

I love the work with the company because they are very flexible and willing to work around my schedule. I can pick my own schedule and can change them every month. I would recommend for students who enjoy caring for people. I have not found any stressful at work so far. All of my clients are very nice to work with.

Wonderful place to work

I have worked for Discovery Health Services for nearly two years and it has been a pleasure to work for this organization. They take pride in helping others and treat their employees with respect and dignity. If you are interested in our services, please give us a call!

Bad

This company never has clients. would always give me a set schedule of 40 hours a week but at the end of the week would only end up working about 18. Never organized.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Great work environment, friendly staff, and flexible scheduling!

This job has been wonderful. I love that I can choose which shifts to work, which is especially helpful while I'm in school. The facilities I've worked in have friendly staff who are helpful when you're new and show you the ropes on everything. Management is great at communicating when shifts are available. I would highly recommend working for Discovery Health Services!

Pros

friendly staff, flexible scheduling

Is a great place to , flexible schedule. I would definitely recommend my friends to work for this Discovery. Managers are very efficient. And flexible. Good company

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Pay too low

Very flexible working schedule

Working for a nurse registry, you can end up working in a facility or in a home care setting. Every situation is different, so you need to be flexible. That being said, you can work whenever you want so the hours are quite flexible. There are no guaranteed hours, so some weeks you might only be working part-time. Good to have if you have other things going on in your life. Also good to have as a second job. Almost all communication is done via phone or email.

Pros

work as much or little as you want

Cons

No guaranteed hours

Pleasant place

Although I love the staff at Discovery the lack of work is very troublesome. I was told when I interviewed that they really need people but within a month work dried up.

Pros

Nice staff and facility

Cons

No hours

Great place for students to work

I work as a caregiver for the home health clients and the job has overall been wonderful! I can set my schedule so that I only work when I can around my classes and other commitments and I usually have work when I want it! The managers are so sweet and willing to work with you and make the process as smooth as possible. The clients I have worked with have been kind and very clear about what needs done. It's the perfect job for nursing students or other students who want experience with patient care!

Great Company for students

As a mom and full time student I needed to find a company that would work with my hours. In finding DHS it did just that. The hiring process was fairly quick and I was able to get started right away. During winter break I was able to work as much as I wanted (provided there was a need from facilities) and now that I am almost mid semester I only work weekends. I usually pick out of two facilities which are both great places to work at. I have had no issues with staff at either place and the ratios are always excellent. This is very important because as a CNA/Future nurse I want to provide excellent care to the residents I care for. Highly recommend Discovery Health!

Pros

Pick your own shifts

Cons

not always easy finding parking

Awesome Place to Work

Amazing office staff, and management who actually care to know who you are. Extremely Flexible scheduling and great experience and compensation for new grads. Plenty of room to grow and network. I would definitely recommend DHS!

Pros

Flexible Scheduling

Very fun and accesible place to work

I like to work for DHS very flexible company with great management friendly and professional. You can come a join this team. It has different environments to work you can meet new people. The management team are great very helpful.

Pros

Flexible, friendly, relax

Cons

Pay

Very flexible and friendly workplace

What I love about this company is being able to make your own schedule by working as many or as least days as you can. It is great for someone who has schooling and needs to do homework during work hours (if it works with your client) and the management team is super friendly and approachable. If you're sick, they are very good about letting you get better before working.

Pros

Relaxed scheduling and nice management

Very attentive company

I have enjoyed working for this company (per-diem) they are understanding of scheduling needs so long as you supply ample time they have private clients but also work with multiple client/sites/snf/adult daycare so depending on what you are available will depend on what is offered to you. If ever there is a concern it is quickly addressed and responded to over all as a per-diem employee I'm happy.

Pros

Self scheduling with various opportunities to work

fun place to work

fun place to work with weekly pay incentive. Nurses are not working in the office you are work at facilities out in the field. so, you are only in contact with staff on a need basis or staffing.

Pros

weekly pay/direct deposit

Cons

not enough hours available per week, hours vary week to week

Interesting alternative to the 9-5 hospital shifts.

I really enjoy the flexible scheduling. I am in charge of my own schedule and it really is nice. I am not pressured to take shifts. They call me and ask if I want a certain shift and I take them as I please.

Pros

Very nice atmosphere and nice employers.

Cons

can go days without calling you with a case and you are stuck without work for a while.

Discovery Health Services

I have been at Discovery for about 1.5 years. The staff has always been very supportive. I love my flexible schedule, and the pay is GREAT! The most enjoyable part of this job is working at different locations providing nursing services, and patient education. All of my coworkers are excellent.

Pros

Great pay, flexible schedule, holiday and travel compensation, Per Diem, Supportive staff

Common questions about Discovery Health Services

Answered by current and former employees at Discovery Health Services

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discovery Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5