Discovery Health Services

Discovery Health Services Employee Reviews

Very enjoyable place to work Management makes sure all of the employees are happy and have a work life balance. The owner always ensures staff are happy and encourages professional growth.
Pros
Flexible schedule/ great energy
Cons
Flexible schedule, per diem hours, no pressure if you cannot work. Good pay. Easy to communicate with staff as they are very pleasant. I enjoy working for Discovery Health Services.
I love the work with the company because they are very flexible and willing to work around my schedule. I can pick my own schedule and can change them every month. I would recommend for students who enjoy caring for people. I have not found any stressful at work so far. All of my clients are very nice to work with.
I have worked for Discovery Health Services for nearly two years and it has been a pleasure to work for this organization. They take pride in helping others and treat their employees with respect and dignity. If you are interested in our services, please give us a call!
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
This company never has clients. would always give me a set schedule of 40 hours a week but at the end of the week would only end up working about 18. Never organized.
This job has been wonderful. I love that I can choose which shifts to work, which is especially helpful while I'm in school. The facilities I've worked in have friendly staff who are helpful when you're new and show you the ropes on everything. Management is great at communicating when shifts are available. I would highly recommend working for Discovery Health Services!
Pros
friendly staff, flexible scheduling
Is a great place to , flexible schedule. I would definitely recommend my friends to work for this Discovery. Managers are very efficient. And flexible. Good company
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay too low
Working for a nurse registry, you can end up working in a facility or in a home care setting. Every situation is different, so you need to be flexible. That being said, you can work whenever you want so the hours are quite flexible. There are no guaranteed hours, so some weeks you might only be working part-time. Good to have if you have other things going on in your life. Also good to have as a second job. Almost all communication is done via phone or email.
Pros
work as much or little as you want
Cons
No guaranteed hours
Although I love the staff at Discovery the lack of work is very troublesome. I was told when I interviewed that they really need people but within a month work dried up.
Pros
Nice staff and facility
Cons
No hours
I work as a caregiver for the home health clients and the job has overall been wonderful! I can set my schedule so that I only work when I can around my classes and other commitments and I usually have work when I want it! The managers are so sweet and willing to work with you and make the process as smooth as possible. The clients I have worked with have been kind and very clear about what needs done. It's the perfect job for nursing students or other students who want experience with patient care!
As a mom and full time student I needed to find a company that would work with my hours. In finding DHS it did just that. The hiring process was fairly quick and I was able to get started right away. During winter break I was able to work as much as I wanted (provided there was a need from facilities) and now that I am almost mid semester I only work weekends. I usually pick out of two facilities which are both great places to work at. I have had no issues with staff at either place and the ratios are always excellent. This is very important because as a CNA/Future nurse I want to provide excellent care to the residents I care for. Highly recommend Discovery Health!
Pros
Pick your own shifts
Cons
not always easy finding parking
Amazing office staff, and management who actually care to know who you are. Extremely Flexible scheduling and great experience and compensation for new grads. Plenty of room to grow and network. I would definitely recommend DHS!
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
I like to work for DHS very flexible company with great management friendly and professional. You can come a join this team. It has different environments to work you can meet new people. The management team are great very helpful.
Pros
Flexible, friendly, relax
Cons
Pay
What I love about this company is being able to make your own schedule by working as many or as least days as you can. It is great for someone who has schooling and needs to do homework during work hours (if it works with your client) and the management team is super friendly and approachable. If you're sick, they are very good about letting you get better before working.
Pros
Relaxed scheduling and nice management
I have enjoyed working for this company (per-diem) they are understanding of scheduling needs so long as you supply ample time they have private clients but also work with multiple client/sites/snf/adult daycare so depending on what you are available will depend on what is offered to you. If ever there is a concern it is quickly addressed and responded to over all as a per-diem employee I'm happy.
Pros
Self scheduling with various opportunities to work
fun place to work with weekly pay incentive. Nurses are not working in the office you are work at facilities out in the field. so, you are only in contact with staff on a need basis or staffing.
Pros
weekly pay/direct deposit
Cons
not enough hours available per week, hours vary week to week
I really enjoy the flexible scheduling. I am in charge of my own schedule and it really is nice. I am not pressured to take shifts. They call me and ask if I want a certain shift and I take them as I please.
Pros
Very nice atmosphere and nice employers.
Cons
can go days without calling you with a case and you are stuck without work for a while.
I have been at Discovery for about 1.5 years. The staff has always been very supportive. I love my flexible schedule, and the pay is GREAT! The most enjoyable part of this job is working at different locations providing nursing services, and patient education. All of my coworkers are excellent.
Pros
Great pay, flexible schedule, holiday and travel compensation, Per Diem, Supportive staff