Discovery Senior Living Employee Reviews in Naples, FL

2.8Pay & Benefits
I enjoy my job
Concierge/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 10, 2018
I work at Discovery and find that the bad reviews on here are of employees who were not team players. They were not for the residents. When you take a job it is expected that you do the job and make the best of it. I take pride in what I do and have done for Discovery's residents and will continue to do my best. These residents deserve it, they are the best.
Nothing positive to say about this atmosphere
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 27, 2018
Corporate management is completely non supportive. The people that you need to reach out to are rude and dismissive. The staff that were there, particularly the directors, were the most unprofessional group of people I’ve ever encountered in my career. The brightest spots were the residents that were welcoming and lovely. The resource staff would rather go cheap rather than make sure things are running properly. Toxic and stressful.

Make sure you really are informed about this company. Do your research!!!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else
Making changes for positive
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 6, 2018
Some staff needed to go from the top down. Changes are being made to enhance the residents experience. The chaos that has been is calming down. Positive changes are happening. I am Glad I am on boatd to be part of the positive change needed.
Horrible place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 31, 2018
I worked at discovery for over 2 years. The turn over rate is horrendous. Because of that the management obviously is horrible because instead of looking for QUALITY they hire the first applicant. Management including corporate does not care about the residents or staff. They leave the building unstaffed without a nurse at night and it’s very disorganized. The place is run by agency because they have no staff of their own sue to everyone leaving. AHCA is always there for negligence and reports from families. If you care about your license you will avoid working for this place.
Pros
The residents and some nice staff
Cons
Everything else
Awful place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 7, 2017
Management is in chaos, staffing is low for almost 100 patients. If you want to be overworked this is the place to work. The best part of the job is taking care of my patients and helping them, the worst part of the job is the fact that there is no one in charge, They just fired the whole executive staff, including the DON - who were all great people. But they don't see that the problem is the business model where they have a handful of employees to take care of 100 folks who need a lot of assistance.
Pros
Meeting really nice patients and some great staff
Cons
Staffing issues, you will be overworked