Discovery Senior Living Employee Review

View all Discovery Senior Living reviews

Will probably buy out your smaller senior living facility and change everything for the worse
Director of Dining Services (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 16, 2018
I originally worked for a 50-bed memory care facility, and I was promoted to a department manager position. Soon after, Discovery bought our company and turned it into a very "follow the books exactly as they are, no exceptions" corporation. They look at every single facility as exactly the same, and must follow the same exact guidelines.

It was all corporate bull**** and ruined everything. I also got tired of doing the whole 80+ hours a week for 40 hours pay schtick. This company is absolutely not worth trading your life for subpar salary. Please, they will overwork you until you're forced to drop it all. I beg you from the bottom of my heart to look elsewhere. I hope you don't see this as another isolated bad experience, and see it as a warning to head the other way.

Other Discovery Senior Living Employee Reviews

Expect disappointment
Administrative (Former Employee) –  South CarolibaMay 20, 2019
Discovery is a shell. A facade for charging exorbitant fees to the elderly. Discover how upper management treats their employees. Exhausting working for them. Lies, lies, lies. No guidance. No communication.
Pros
Proximity to home
Cons
Lack slack dont go back
Fun place to work
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCMay 16, 2019
Never a dull moment. Management is very accessible and helpful yet give you the autonomy to do your job. Very well prepared for emergencies. Overall good.
Pros
Autonomy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discovery Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5