Discovery Senior Living Employee Review

View all Discovery Senior Living reviews

Best Senior Living
CNA (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INFebruary 20, 2018
Hands down the best senior living in the area. Great staff, supportive and friendly management. Phenomenal 401k program and comparable other benefits.
Pros
Great residents
Cons

Other Discovery Senior Living Employee Reviews

Two years in and going great
Sales Counselor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 16, 2019
I've been with Discovery for two years now and it has been far and above what I have had experience elsewhere with. My regional director is always there to assist when I need help but also empowers me to just get the job done on my own. I do work in sales so it is different with the compensation and was a scary jump to make to commission base with a smile base but I surpass my old salary sometime in the summer time and end up grossing a healthy amount. If you trust your sales abilities and have a good team Discovery Senior Living is going to let you excel. Have been given opportunities to grow and build my self for a chance at advancement when it makes sense for me. Would definitely recommend but as with all Senior Living your local Executive Director will have a role in your community and happiness but senior leadership does listen if it is going in a direction that you beleive isn't in the best interest of the community.
They are driving away great team members!
Director (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLJuly 10, 2019
The best Director left last year and residents and employees are all leaving. its bad for the residents who are staying. They cant seem to hire anyone good and positions keep turning over (especially in maintenance and sales). Very sad that the upper management has ruined a nice community where residents and staff were happy. Bottom line is the only important thing for regional/upper management!
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Poor corporate mgmt & leadership
Official response from Discovery Senior Living
July 16, 2019

We are disappointed to hear your negative feedback regarding your employment and our community. Our residents and team members are of the upmost importance to us. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns further. Please contact us directly at HRInfo@DiscoveryMgt.com.

Thank you for your feedback and we wish you the best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discovery Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6