Discovery Senior Living Employee Reviews

Good job
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  LexingtonOctober 15, 2018
It is a good job. I think that the people who works there are good people. Everyone treats you with respect. A good place to work when dealing with more than one coworker.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Productive work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLOctober 6, 2018
The job is very productive it helps build time management and communication skills also the job helps people build a connection to the residents and helps with giving good knowledge on food and culture
Run far away
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wildewood, MDOctober 2, 2018
I regret taking this job. We cant keep staff and management just hires people works them into the ground then replaces them 2 months later. I would not work here unless your desperate.
Pros
Non
I enjoy my job
Concierge/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 10, 2018
I work at Discovery and find that the bad reviews on here are of employees who were not team players. They were not for the residents. When you take a job it is expected that you do the job and make the best of it. I take pride in what I do and have done for Discovery's residents and will continue to do my best. These residents deserve it, they are the best.
professional work environment
Asisstant Director of Health & Wellness (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 31, 2018
Discovery Village at Melbourne is a great company to work for. Competitive pay, respectful staff, and the best residents! I look forward to a long career with Discovery Senior Living.
Pros
positive, upbeat environment, resident focused, and opportunities for job growth.
Beware
Director of Health and Wellness (Former Employee) –  Melbourne FlAugust 30, 2018
This community is filled with cut throat staff members that will lie as long as it’s self serving. Their records are out of date and are frequently understaffed due to poor scheduler
Pros
Residents and family
Cons
Scheduler, gossip, lies
Horrible
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 29, 2018
They never give servers a raise. Servers do way more than on the job description. Poor management and a lot of drama. Everyone talks about each other and the cooks do not know their place. Everyone wants to be chef. Everyone wants to be the manager. Servers have no clue whose really in charge. Cooks are not dependable which makes dining stressful for residents, and servers.
Pros
free food (some)
Cons
horrible place
Directors and management focus are poor.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 28, 2018
Company lack ethical values and place more value on financial gain then resident safety and care. They lack integrity and community support. Would not advise using their services.
Nothing positive to say about this atmosphere
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 27, 2018
Corporate management is completely non supportive. The people that you need to reach out to are rude and dismissive. The staff that were there, particularly the directors, were the most unprofessional group of people I’ve ever encountered in my career. The brightest spots were the residents that were welcoming and lovely. The resource staff would rather go cheap rather than make sure things are running properly. Toxic and stressful.

Make sure you really are informed about this company. Do your research!!!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else
A wonderful cause/mission but horrible management
Sales counselor (Former Employee) –  Dallas County, TXJune 23, 2018
The mission of helping lives and their families in elder years is very important and rewarding. However, very stressful here because of inept, uneducated and harsh management. Much better senior companies to go to. Stay away from this one!
Pros
Helping lives and families
Cons
Inept, uneducated and harsh management causing much stress on everyone
Horrible place to work
Day shift nurse (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJune 7, 2018
You'll be sorry. So much gossip and terrible attitudes there. Never had supplies that were needed. One hour unpaid lunch break. Nobody came to work on time.
Pros
Cons
Made me clock out for an hour unpaid for meal break, Terrible place, Lots of gossip and terrible attitudes, Management didn't care about us
Step down nursing home
Lis (Former Employee) –  Portage, INMay 6, 2018
Nursing has no room for advancement EVER! Pay is very low and raises are laughable. These are Skilled level residents in an assisted living setting. Lots of meds. Tons of Diabetics. And Behaviors. Complaints from residents and families are abundant and management does little to support you. Residents are never satisfied and you can never make the families happy. If you think dealing with a bunch of rude overprivledged geriatric citizens sounds amazing then by all means come work here.
Pros
management is so laxed staff can leave whenever on clock
Cons
Too many to list
Toxic
cook (Former Employee) –  slidellMarch 13, 2018
Don't do it!!! It is by far the most toxic place I have ever worked at in my life.
There is no enjoyable part to this job!!!
I hated every minute of it!!
Poor establishment
Not employed (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 7, 2018
A lot of drama, residents are not being taken care of, everyone wants to know your business, management favors certain people, pay sucks, corporate will lie to you and they don’t pay there bills
Benefits
Cons
Ok place to work if you need extra money.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 24, 2018
Job is ok if you need extra money on the side. Not a career job or at least I wouldn't make it mines. Pay sucks for C.n.as I wont break my back for a company like this or any other. Some of the c.n.as dont help you with heavy residents. Alot of them wait untill their shift is over and dont change the residents. Its an ok job.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, no free meals, pay sucks, no ot.
Best Senior Living
CNA (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INFebruary 20, 2018
Hands down the best senior living in the area. Great staff, supportive and friendly management. Phenomenal 401k program and comparable other benefits.
Pros
Great residents
Making changes for positive
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 6, 2018
Some staff needed to go from the top down. Changes are being made to enhance the residents experience. The chaos that has been is calming down. Positive changes are happening. I am Glad I am on boatd to be part of the positive change needed.
Great team and love the residents!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLFebruary 6, 2018
Community is busy and my fellow team is fun to work with. Manager is always there to help. I left for a while and then came back. This is one of the better senior communitys ive worked at. Ive been here about 4 years.
Pros
discounted lunnh, good benefits
Cons
no OT available
Uneducated managment
Private Duty manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLFebruary 2, 2018
While working in the private duty aspect of the company I was “managed” by someone with ZERO private duty experience ultimately setting me up for failure. I have extensive experience in private duty but was not able to make the position successful due to the lack of knowledge from my supervisor. She treated the private duty side of the company like the Medicare side which is not possible as they are such different entities.
Pros
Friendly co workers, great nurses
Cons
Poor managment, low wages
Horrible place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 31, 2018
I worked at discovery for over 2 years. The turn over rate is horrendous. Because of that the management obviously is horrible because instead of looking for QUALITY they hire the first applicant. Management including corporate does not care about the residents or staff. They leave the building unstaffed without a nurse at night and it’s very disorganized. The place is run by agency because they have no staff of their own sue to everyone leaving. AHCA is always there for negligence and reports from families. If you care about your license you will avoid working for this place.
Pros
The residents and some nice staff
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discovery Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5