DISH Employee Reviews

Loved it
Customer Sales and Service Representative Tech 2 (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed working at Dish Network. Busy phones makes time go by fast. I enjoyed assisting customers resolving their satellite/tv issues. Best of all the people are great to work with.
Pros
Great environment, competitive salary and flexible hours.
Cons
Down sizing
Good place to learn
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 24, 2018
Good place to learn about manufacturing . The engineering department was great to work with. They were all very helpful and knowledgeable. The company seemed to underpay engineers compared to national average though.
Stressful and overwhelming
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 24, 2018
Working at dish gives you the idea that you have job security. When in fact, they can lay you off at any point in time without any reason. They do not offer sick pay for days off that you are sick, a doctor's note does not cover any kind of an absence, if you do have to take a day off, the point counts against you and they use any paid time off that you have occurred to pay for that day that you missed. All in all dish is a very competitive, stressful and unfair place to work, not giving the employees the option or opportunity to advance if they would like to. I would not recommend working here, as you cannot be sure that you will have a job there in the next 6 months. The company itself has changed since I was there which wasn't more than 6 months ago, they have become very cut-throat and do not offer any kind of leniency should you need a break that is unscheduled for an emergency reason. I highly advise if you do decide to pursue a job there make sure you have a backup option at all times.
I loved dish
Advanced technical support representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 23, 2018
Overall I loved working for Dish. I would work there again and I would definitely recommend my friends and family as well. Great benefits and a great atmosphere. They have a relaxation room , employee lobby with a pool table , air hockey , ps4 , and Xbox one. They also have a break room with arcade style games. The pay is good, and the room for opportunity is amazing. But they do have shift bids.
Pros
Discounted dish services, prizes for upsells, site lunches
Cons
Shift bids
sales aspect vastly underplayed
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 23, 2018
i worked as an installation technician pay was based on a tier system with aspects of your job graded. some of these categories were entirely out of your control and determined your worth to company overpriced equipment sales were a major factor most of these were things you could pick up at walmart or amazon for less than half of what we were expected to sell them for such as hdmi cables which dish charged $40 for that could be bought at walmart or amazon for under $10 other factors included if a job had to be fixed after completion this would go against you which sounds fair until you are told that weather events count against you as well. we had a hurricane come through my area and damage several jobs with wind damage as well as fallen limbs and debris crushing satellites any technician who had this affect a job they did as penalized for the jobs they did and lost pay due to this
N/a
Technical Support Representative Tier 3 (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 23, 2018
Team managers have a tight clique and you need to stay in good with each and every one of them to remain a good agent. I was Dr. Dish and its really a over glorified technical support agent position. In all fairness their equipment and agent tools are cutting edge.
Dont work here if you have kids!!!!!!!!
Sales and Loyalty agent (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 22, 2018
the job was great to start with but I'm a single mom of a 2 year old, i couldn't afford the benefits package at first so i had to decline, i signed up later and was told my benefits were going to start in a month, when that came i got the flu from my boss and passed it to my daughter. she had to stay home from daycare and i had to stay with her and take her to the er at one point. Dish did not care and wouldn't accept a doctors note since it was my child and not me in the hospital. I ranked 3rd in the site for Retention and they refused to work with me. there were people on my team showing up for work once a week in the same shift as me for 4 months and they are not only still employed but never even got talked about their attendance. i loved the pay but they don't care about their employees. The salary i listed to do this rating is when i was fired.
Pros
Pay
Cons
AWFUL MANAGMENT and everything else
Unrealistic Expectations And Poor Management
SATELLITE INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN/DISH COACH (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAApril 22, 2018
I worked for Dish faithfully for eight years and was one of the top technicians in the office. The company introduced Smart Home Sales where we had to sale none satellite television to the customers and if we did not me the quota it counted against us. Management cared nothing about your loyalty to the company or your great work ethic they only cared about numbers. Dish has the potential to be a great company but the there thinking needs to change.
Pros
Free services, Company Outings
Cons
Lazy people and poor management
Customer Service/ Sales (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2018
Great place to work the people are amazing and the company was growing there was alot of room to grow. I would definitely recommend the job to a friend
Learned a lot
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 21, 2018
I learned a lot at DISH. The employee turnover in my department created opportunities for me to present my capability and I was able to gain better access to management and showcase my ability.
Do not recommend
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2018
Extremely long hours and unclear teams assigned amongst field service managers.

This is not much of a management role, it is more of a coach and parts procurement deliverer to unprepared technicians out on the field.
Pros
Cons
All of it.
Not worth the time or effort
TECH SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 21, 2018
This place is not worth working for. They will let you go for the smallest of things without even giving you a chance to sit down and talk to them or sign a final write up or even defend yourself.
Pros
The swag
Cons
Lack of common courtesy from management and HR
Great Place to Work
Sales/Loyalty Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 21, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Dish and the opportunity to earn a good income is there. Too bad they didn't have a location in Florida or I would have tried to transfer there.
Cutthroat Commission based sales
Account Manager/ Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 20, 2018
Pay is great however it is commission based. Management only cares about the "numbers" and have no human understanding. If you do not meet their requirements or "save enough customers from cancelling their accounts you are let go.
Pros
Great money if you can keep customers from cancelling.
Coach
Coach (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 20, 2018
Dish set out out to be a great company to work for and worked hard to take care of their people. It is a challenging environment, but with focus and drive you can easily be successful.
Pros
Good work environment and overall execution.
Cons
Customers can be challenging due to the nature of the business.
Terribly stressful
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 20, 2018
Unrealistic expectations from pencil pushers who don't know how to do your job and when these exceedingly impossible requirements are not met, you are penalized.
steady, plenty of work to make the day go by fast.
Tech Support/Customer Service Rep- Echostar (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 19, 2018
A typical day was to review billing statements and/or troubleshoot the cable services. Sometimes we had to order remotes and/or receivers. The management wasn't really fair, I needed to go part-time for school and my school amendment form wasn't accepted. I was told my schedule would be modified if I was in school, that they would work with me on it during the hiring process. I had to resign to go to school.
Pros
cafeteria, discounted cable services.
Cons
no benefits, no part-time options.
It was a good place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 19, 2018
The company is closing business in the TV satellite services. The Spartanburg facility is closing gradually and that is the reason I do not recommend anyone to work there.
Little to no morale
Inside Sales Associate/ Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJApril 19, 2018
When i first stared the morale was really high, great, fun place to work.. as time went on, management changed, morale changed, employees changed. Not a fun place to work
Relaxed independent work place. Exceptional management and great benefits
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLApril 18, 2018
Working at Dish was excellent. As the inventory specialist I was not micromanaged and the office manager was very willing to work with my school schedule. Excellent leadership and workplace!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DISH. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

29%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

29%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.