DISH Employee Reviews

Found 3,907 reviews matching the search See all 4,503 reviews
Dish Tech
Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 12, 2018
Great training program mostly a positive place to work most are willing to help you get better. checked routes was responsible for tools and company van. I truly enjoyed the job, the sales portion is the stressful part. The monthly quota for sales goes up quarterly and it can be challenging to balance all the responsibilities of the installation and then try to sell additional items especially if you are behind schedule.
Pros
great environment to get your feet wet in the tech field.
Cons
Sales can be tough to keep up with.
Overall good environment
ADVANCED TECH SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 10, 2018
Overall not bad, but it is a very stressful job to say the least. If you are ok with being at a desk for the entire day and taking back to back calls, it may be for you.
Pros
Hour lunch, diverse schedule, give aways
Cons
stressful, busy, little downtime
Fantastic Job
CSR/ Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 9, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. I was surrounded by wonderful peers, the bosses were genuinely interested in helping us succeed. There was a lot of "fun" involved to help us feel appreciated. Sometimes there was optional unpaid time off, or overtime available, which made it nice to balance income vs time with family.
Pros
Really great coworkers
Cons
Sometimes overwhelming call volume, other times none at all
better have an escape plan, 2000 miles a week, 60+hrs
Dish Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 9, 2018
over 100 miles between jobs, 60+ hrs. a week, can't reach lever 4 in my area because hopper needs internet everyone uses the're cell for the internet you cant advance to level 4 without connecting every hopper one of many serious flaws in the advancement process.
Pros
not many
Cons
too many
Not for those wanting to advance
SATELLITE INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 9, 2018
Do not even try to advance roles unless you have a degree. They do not care about experience at all. Also unless you want to forcefully sell unwanted items then it is not for you.
Pros
free dish
Cons
everything else
Dish
Field Resource Coordinator/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2018
good company to work for - long days in my position you do have more freedom. very hectic sometimes. Once you get the hang of it your able to handle it. People are very willing to help you.
Pros
4 days a week 3 days off
Cons
10hrs sitting a long time, not promised to get a raise
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVNovember 8, 2018
Productive workplace. Helping customers with account issues. Management was awesome. Hardest part of job would have been time limit for calls. Most enjoyable part of job would be speaking to different people all over.
Decent technical service job
TECHNICAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHNovember 8, 2018
Work wasn't stressful. Standard technical service support role. Learned about the services and products that the company offered. Provided any technical assistance for the products and services and dish network had
Except Workplace culture, rest all good
QA Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 8, 2018
Workplace culture is not good- Timings not flexible. All time monitoring of the employees by higher management, no work from home or remote options, rest all good, lot of scope to learn new things, gives lot of respect to the employees, lot of interaction with Developers and managers.
Employees are disposable
Field Service Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WANovember 8, 2018
I was fired after a customer requested a second opinion and I was sent back to her home. She asked for a second opinion and they sent the same technician (me) both times. One complaint in 4 years and I get laid off indefinitely then fired with the promise that they would rehire me in 6 months at my original pay scale. You are just an employee number here.
Pros
Discount TV services
Cons
Management, job security
Great job until management goes overkill.
Installation technician/Sales/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 7, 2018
Have worked as a remote tech for almost 4 years. Advanced as a level 3 tech, always great at sales and customer service. Made 1 mistake of violating pride and professionalism, didn’t get a fair warning or write up or anything, completely blindsided and I was terminated form my job. No thank you or anything. Management has issues wonder if the owner knew how poorly our Rms and Oms are.
Pros
Plenty of hours, meet great people everyday.
fun workplace
Customer Service Call Center Alvin TX (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXNovember 7, 2018
You can win a lot of nice things from the company and they gave out nice rewards. It was a very nice environment and very fun place to work at. Managers was very nice and understanding.
Dish Technician
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 6, 2018
Installed dish or performed trouble shooting at 5 or more houses per day. In house technician, not a contractor, all duties performed by Dish Network rules. Maintained a clean vehicle, all inventory accounted for at the end of each day. Perfect attendance and punctual, also picked up extra jobs within my area.
Pros
free cable
Cons
not many, just work
Fun and Fast paced
CSR/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2018
I would take anywhere up to 60 calls a day. I would assist customers with technical and billing questions. The hardest part of any call center job is the customers, especially the upset customers.
I was in the bilingual sales
Dish Network Sales (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 5, 2018
I did a month of training and on my first or 2nd day on the floor, they fired me for unknown reasons. I did not try to change their minds. Now I'm jus
Honest Opinion
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJNovember 4, 2018
I am never one to write a review but felt it necessary. No work place is perfect and they all come with pros and cons. However you must have tight skin to work at a place like this. Let's face it , when you think about it satellite services are given to customers who have primarily no other options. And dish/ direct tv sucks it does not matter. You constantly deal with customers bashing you and belittling you on a CONSTANT basis. The work you do is NEVER enough for management and when you are a top performer your expected to be at a certain standard everyday. 365 24/7 a day job. Management makes agents compete with one another which is uncomfortable. if your having a bad day with numbers they make you as well as the whole call center aware how bad your doing. I've seen management degrade employees and agents walking out crying and abandoning their jobs. This is suppose to be a place of employment but it's like high school all over again. It got to the point I would get an immediate headache entering the building and when I got home I would sit on the couch and decompress for 2 hrs. I was practically begged to be a lead which I turned down many times. I was terminated eventually because Quality Assurance did not feel I held the call to standard. However I still stand by my decision to assist the customer being as though my job was to prevent customers from canceling service. I did not look at this job as a permanent place of employment but I did make great money and worked 60-70 hr work weeks as well. Lesson learned when accepting a job think about yourself as well as your mental  more... state and family because this is one of those jobs that will consume your life. I've also witnessed 3 supervisors quit.  less
Pros
Food days, listen to music while you work, met great people
Cons
Monitored 24/7
Co-workers and management will stab you in the back
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 4, 2018
Fantastic pay and benefits the only problem is if these people don't like you they will do everything they can including lying to HR to get you fired.

I was unfortunate enough to listen to my direct supervisor and was told everything was going to be fine two days later I'm getting a call from HR saying that I am fired for doing exactly what my supervisor told me to do.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Culture is like high school and you have no protections
Very fun place to work
Advanced Tech support (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2018
Dish was a very good company to work for. Very good benefits, lots of overtime if you want it as well. They also have a tuition reimbursement program as well.
Competitive
Satellite administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 2, 2018
We used to be dealers for Dish Network,
I used to manage the account, the office, the technicians, chargebacks, payroll, etc....

The hardest part back then was to keep the quality of service and repo equipment from unpaid customer.

I liked the most being able to conquer the hispanic market in the whole north Florida back then
A very dismal overview
Global Expert Training Coach (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 1, 2018
I've been working at Dish for a very long time. I have had extreme highs and extreme lows. I can tell you that the company is certainly more agent focused than it is leadership focused. At an agent level, we have progressive discipline which warns you when you make a mistake. As a leader, you are held to an impossible standard that cannot be met. You often do not get a chance to learn from your mistakes but are rather brutally obliterated for them. None of your prior contributions are taken into consideration and the entry level employee is always right regardless of their previous contribution. I am expected to be worked well beyond my current means and have often thought of resigning my position. It's a difficult job that is underpaid. I will take my skills elsewhere as I feel that prior contribution does not contribute to my success or character.
Pros
Inexpensive television service
Cons
Ridiculous hours and expectations. Very low work life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DISH. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.1K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight