DISH
Happiness rating is 53 out of 100

DISH Employee Reviews

Found 5,922 reviews matching the search
Featured review
DISH selected this as a representative review
Hard work, quick turnover rate with techs and managers. Pros: great if you want to work independently, pay is decent, free tv, good management support when in the field. Cons: work/life balance, never know when you will done working for the day, training is minimal and if your new to the field first starting out can be really overwhelming.
Dish is a hot mess. I quit because they have no work and leave you hanging. You’ll end up blowing all your vacation and sick days just to cover hours lost out on . I actually had a manager tell me I wasn’t getting hours one month because I was having a rough month selling, so they were giving my jobs to other techs. Please don’t work here. You are just a number to them. They don’t care about you or what you bring to the table. Only thing they care about are sales and if you aren’t selling, then you are garbage to dish
Pros
Free tv
Cons
Metrics that make it hard for raises. Micromanaging. Toxic managers. Nasty hoarders.
The company has made a major shift toward sales. Very aggressive sales goals that have tripled since I started at dish 3 years ago. Salesman first, technician second. The work pays well but it is either feast or famine with hours. 60 hour mandatory weeks in the summer, 20 hour weeks in the winter. Health and Dental insurance are offered, but the deductible is so high that its borderline like not having insurance. 50% 401k matching up to 6%.
Opportunity to move up and make more money based on performance. If you work hard and are a goal getter, this is perfect for you. Only downside is there is no end time to your day, so you don't really know what time you're going home. Training can be better for new products and services that we do in the smart home area. Benefits aren't great either, health insurance doesn't really cover anything besides preventive care, otherwise you're paying a deductible.
Pros
Good pay and incentives.
Cons
Benefits and some training.
As a retention account executive, you will be subjected to some pretty unruly inbound phone calls and some touch metrics to adhere to but if you have the backbone for it and you're a good communicator your commission will dwarf your hourly wage. Education is irrelevant. You simply must know how to communicate well with upset customers. Lots of money to be made but it's also not a job for the weak of heart. If you can't handle angry people with ease, I still recommend Dish but rather in a sales account executive role. The money won't quite be as good but the calls will be easier on you. As Dish grows their 5G network, there will be plenty of room for advancement.
Pros
Great commission structure. Secure work. Strong company
Cons
Very tough phone calls. Standard for a call center lack of time off flexibility
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
You have to be kissing a** to be in good terms with upper management if not you are consider a "problem" and they will find a way to get rid of you. Open door policy is a joke and to speak up is met with hidden retaliation. They really need to get of the site manager.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Upper Managment
Great training program including class room and in the field. Learn lots and get work completion bonuses for pay upgrades. They give you uniforms and basic tools to do the job.
You can make tons of money and they basically have unlimited inbound leads and unlimited hours. The problem is that they aren't very flexible and have an attendance policy that uses points and it sucks.
Pros
nice cafe, cool people
Cons
management is full of themselves, low flexibility
People in the work place are cool but management is all over the work is fairly easy they provide training and gear and trucks. Installing cable is simple but the management makes it much harder to operate
Great company to work for, promotes strong work eithic and values.- Job is both technical and sales oriented. - Good benefits.- Uniforms and Tools provided.- Continuous training provided.- Once your metrics are met, you are due for a level promotion every 3 months (max level is 4)- Nation wide company, position (where available) is transferable between locationss. - Promotes from within.
Simple job taking phone calls and selling tv. Pay structure is ok although base pay is low. Benefits if you have a family are very expensive and a high deductible plan is the only option which is not good for any family that has to go to the doctor with any frequency.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Benefits, base pay
It's all about sales. You can install to the best of your ability but if you didn't attach a sale at the end of that job there isn't any praise. job is good to learn from and move on. employees when have been there were there before sales were apart of the job. also the company doesn't have a technicians back meaning if a customer calls in for a bogus story they will believe the customer over there tech. besides that its a learn and move on company.
Pros
You have ab job
Cons
Sales oriented
My team has created a great chemistry and team dynamic but our company is extremely antiquated in its practices. The healthy benefits are not very good but are probably on par with most companies today.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Healthcare, minimal work from home flexibility
They have a huge favoritism problem and management is terrible and I would not work for them again. The management is hostile and they do not help team members. When they do, the put you down.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Company is driven by sales. RM is very hostile and talks down to employees or about them. Upper management will post your progress for everyone to see how good or bad you are doing. Upper management likes to micro manage and constantly change things that does not benefit employees. Very hostile environment. Managers who have been there for a while have either quit or got fired because of him. Almost all new tech managers bc they don’t hire internally. so the blind leads the blind. New management is RMs shadow. Everything that tech managers do has to be pre approved through RM. Techs are treated like robots and have to ask for permission to do their job. Good luck getting promoted. Your PTO does not build until you have used all of your sick days which only build every pay instead of resetting every year like other jobs. The Techs and some managers are very nice and help out when needed. Used to be a fun environment now it’s constant worry to a point of being burnt out. No holidays off.
Pros
Pay, 4 day work week. Overtime, techs
Cons
Upper management, sales
Being on the phone for 7+ hours per day taking back to back calls can be draining at times. If you don't mind that type of work you do get paid fairly for it
Pros
pay, work from home
Cons
work/life balance, working weekends, working holidays
Hectic and stressful job, training provide, not enough pay, you have to work your butt off for sales or you get in trouble. Nice bonuses and free giveaways.
Managers are great at the office level. Not a used car salesman? Not the job for you. Technical skills not needed sales is your main goal. Cant fix any problems but sell a ton of stuff? Promotion! Great technical person with sub par sales? Find another job.
Pros
Take home vehicle cheap tv service
Cons
Stressful horrible benefits
Do not recommend working for this company. They do not value their employees and terrible health insurance. Especially if you're insuring more than one person.
Pros
Good money if you don't mind working a lot of overtime
Cons
Terrible management, bad benefits, dishonest employer
My time with dish was exhausting and thankless. I worked for dish for 4 and a half years before I was laid off because they decided to close our location. I worked in most positions while there, but pay never seemed to jump up enough as my career path progressed. You will be working long hours, and your every move is monitored when you step away from the phones. Need to run to the restroom? Make sure you remove those 3 minutes from your break later. You will get mandatory overtime, especially if you work in tech support. If there is a major event like a boxing match you will be forced to come in on a Saturday to work those 4 hours. I did mildly enjoy being an on the job trainer, but it's an exhausting revolving door of new hires.
Pros
If you like overtime it is always available
Cons
Low pay, mandatory overtime, unsupportive management
The HR operations department was super toxic. I was managed by someone who played favorites and pitted people against each other. Three immediate coworkers were mean, openly talked down to people, and were unnecessarily judgemental. I did not feel welcome or part of the team. The senior manager was never around or transparent. They made us work no less than 6 days per week. Senior leaders were terrible at structuring tasks and constantly blamed us for not “working hard or fast enough”. I do not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything else
  1. Employee Reviews