DISH Employee Reviews

Good for learning soft skills and customer service.
Supervisor John Cos (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 17, 2018
The job was good for learning computers and customer service but the schedule was challenging. I was promoted and the schedule they wanted me to work was not going to work for me.
Pros
good for building customer service and soft skills
Cons
schedule
Dish network
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2018
Dish network was a good place to work. It was a very upbeat enviornment and they always made their employees feel welcome. I would definately recommend dish to others.
Dish
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJSeptember 16, 2018
Dish Network Corporation is a U.S. television provider. Based in Meridian, Colorado, it is the owner of the direct-broadcast satellite provider Dish, and the over-the-top IPTV service Sling TV. As of November 2016, the company provided services to 13.7 million television and 580 thousand broadband subscribers.
its a good job
Advanced Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHSeptember 16, 2018
I had no issues with the company. The perks are amazing, If you put yourself out there and do well, advancement is easy. I only left for family reasons. Overall its a good job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ahwatukee, AZSeptember 16, 2018
Fun fast place to work. Made some good friends, managers are friendly, they really buy into the call center mentality. As far as call center work is concerned, this is one of the best places I've worked at.
Great coworkers, horrible management support.
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 16, 2018
Company would disregard any request for additional training but had no issue with putting an employee on a Performance Plan. Lost major lawsuit, had mass layoffs then fought any unemployment claims.
Pros
Great Coworkers.
Cons
Horrible management and insurance
Work your butt off for not much
dish tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, OHSeptember 15, 2018
very stressful days, LONG hrs, for the work we need to make more money per hr. we go to some nasty places. no life out side of work 7:10am to when ever your done with your route
Pros
the money you make after working 130+ hrs every two weeks
Cons
Long hrs. pay, stressful
average deadbeat job
satellite technician (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WASeptember 15, 2018
a job you take when you havent finished school and need to make decent money quick, full time lots of overtime decent pay, when i worked last year they really pushed for the satellite techs to do more sales which seems unreasonable especially in urban areas. seems like lots of freedom working on your own but managers constantly call you and show up randomly at job sites. lots of pressure to do good installations and make sales.
Pros
pay, overtime, lunches
Cons
no flexebility, unreasonable sales goals
Not a bad job
Tester 1 (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 15, 2018
Great atmosphere. Offers many benefits and discounts. Management is always on hand to provide you with feedback. offer Monday thru Thursday or weekend shifts.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Often standing in one spot all day
Not What I thought it Would Be
Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 15, 2018
Think long and hard about this job and they like to make you stay in certain departments . Poor management. Hectic process. I started out in the CSR , moved to the reconnect team which was torture, and then I went to the Loyalty team which was not that bad because of the team that I was on. They don't like to work with you on an personal matter. Its best to be without children and family because they will fire you.
Pros
going home
Cons
going in to the shenanigans and takedowns
Not a bad place
Advanced Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VASeptember 15, 2018
My time at DISH wasn't bad. I enjoyed the people I worked with and I enjoyed being able to help customer's. The pay was decent, the benefits were good.
Think Twice before working here trust me !!!!!!!!!
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Roseland, NJSeptember 13, 2018
this company is a big revolving door they hire and fire like no tomorrow. they say uncapped commission but they put metrics in place to take money from you. i have a feeling they really don't want good reps to work there because they end up making more money then management. the company is so unreliable the GM quit now that should speak volumes.
Pros
Provides lunch sometimes and plays music on the floor to keep you pumped.
Cons
Big revolving door !!! Hire and fire no matter how good you are
Stress Nonstop calls
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Working here was stressful, dealing with agitated customer who think they are above everyone, left with little options other than to try and resolve unresolvable issues because the customers choose to be ignorant about the service they wish to have yet refuse to pay for, throughout a 10 he workday of several hundred calls you may have one or two honest and reasonable customers but that does not offset the load of intolerable people you have to speak with
Pros
Point System to get free stuff
Cons
Hours, environment, schedule and business policy constantly changing
Good money
Customer Service/Tech Representative (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VASeptember 13, 2018
Money was good but that was it was a bit much when dealing with very angry customers but did not care to listen when you were trying to explain why they bill were not where they wanted it.
Productive and fun place to work. There is no job stability as the managers are constantly hiring and firing employees for little mistakes.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Management gives all employees a chance to earn overtime pay which is a plus. They have very small rewards for the top sellers and nothing significant. Reviews were constant and burdensome and you are written up very easily and quickly for small errors. No job stability and no room for job advancement.
Pros
Overtime pay, relaxed work environment
Cons
Unstable job, no benefits within the first 90 days
Great incentives
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 13, 2018
Easy sales goals to achieve. Great commission and great bonuses/prizes. I would go back if I could but due to my own medical reason I am unable. Management sometimes could be a little more interactive in a positive way
It was a great place to work
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 13, 2018
I enjoyed working here, but I ended up needing a place where i could work with people face to face to provide even more customer service experiences. It can be difficult to create bridged connections with customers over the phone, without seeing a smiling face, and eye contact, for me anyway.
Pros
The break room had a recreational area for employees.
Cons
Cussed at by customers nearly every other day, wasnt fun.
Casual workplace and helpful colleague's
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 12, 2018
A typical day at work consists of attending to customer inquiries regarding billing/ technical issues, as well as upselling new products and services. The workplace culture is very laid back and casual. The hardest part of the job was to guide customers that weren't as technically savvy resolve their issues over the telephone. The most enjoyable part of the job was the work culture as well as when adding a new feature or product to a clients account due to the commission structure.
Pros
Work week only 4 days a weeks
Cons
Each work day consists of 12 hour shifts.
n/a
Senior Field Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Roseland, NJSeptember 11, 2018
trying to advance but a skip button wasn't there. not sure what this is but I just wanted to continue. trying again just to continue on with my day, thank you.
Amazing.
Field Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 11, 2018
Dish was by far the best job i ever had. I loved it with all my heart. If i did not have to move then i would still be working there. Great atmosphere, great co-workers, and great management. There were occasionally some bumps in the road but it was overall an amazing job.
Pros
Unlimited overtime, great company, great coworkers
Cons
Need more call centers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DISH. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.1K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

67out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DISH.