DISH

DISH Employee Reviews

United States6,384 reviews

Found 6,384 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,833 reviews
satellitetechtechnicianmetricnetworksalecableinstall

Upbeat environment with lots of support

Featured review

DISH selected this as a representative review
I worked here for a little over 4 years. I had friends at work, we all seemed to feel united, and management was very supportive. The benefits were good, and the opportunity for advancement was always present.

Pros

supportive management, fair requirements

Cons

customer service is stressful

Official response from DISH

June 1, 2021
Thank you for your amazing contributions to DISH! We appreciate you and your time with us.

Fair job special young adults.

Great place to work specially if you’re young it’s a great opportunity to start a career.But be ready to deal to all drama from management.Not for me anymore!

DISH insights

Based on 2,538 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction

Micromanagement

Micromanaging and zero flexibility it’s honestly the worst place I’ve ever worked zero innovation or willing to change things, old school management hence the company not meeting deadlines and the highest rates of abandonment

Maybe in a different area

It may be a decent job if it had different management. This areas management is horrible. Advancement is pretty hard from technician to management. The new metrics system is kind of a joke. Hope you are a salesperson, because quality of installs is out now. Everything is sales.

It’s a nice work place however there cons like every other job.

For sales retention it is performance based however when you think of performance based you think it has something to do with what your doing, technically for this job it depends on the customer. You can’t make the customer stay with dish and it overall hurts your pay and mental if you have a bad day, week, or overall month. Keep that in mind when you see retention sales, not only that but dish also has moments where the manager can slip up and it turns on yourself. Overall I like the job but like I said before it has cons like every other job.

It's ok if you are good at sucking up.

You're capable of making decent money if you're motivated. If you have a problem selling products, I wouldn't recommend applying. I would say more but mom always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"...

Pros

Discounted tv

Cons

Horrible management.

Don’t walk - run away from this company

Awful management. Attendance policy needs a lot of re thinking. Company itself is dying and they’re trying everything to not believe it. Co workers were the only people that made it worth clocking in for.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

You’re stuck at the computer all day and have limited flexibility.

Fun

Fun place to work as the company is going places. Compensation is great and it's like family in the office. #1 TV provider in the US and soon to take over the 2ay we communicate

Pushy

Even when i was NOT ready to take calls, they pushed me to do something i was not ready to do. It got to the point where i was short with my kids and boyfriend due to the stress.

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

short breaks, constantly breathing down your neck if you mess up.

Company is trying to keep a dead industry alive with expectations

Very strict workplace, the potential is there if you work well in very stressful positions. Constant battle to maintain commissions. Taking a week off work affects your numbers and pay for several weeks to come, basically having to start the climb all over. Company training was very short for the amount they expect from you, as soon as your grace period is up they write you up for everything. QA on calls is as if they expect you to be a robot. If you put a customer on hold a second too long you get written up/ Points and they add up fast.

Na

Not a good place to work little pay wasn’t worth it to take that job no ac when I worked there as well o didn’t care for working there at all. Most of the people weren’t friendly either

Horrible place to work at

Phonies. Bad pay, bad shifts. Management is sub par. No family life / work balance. Covid related absences count against you.Meat market. Never got vaccine differential. Constantly having to check or correct time card for accurate pay.

pay pay pay

the pay is good if you can sell and do overtime. you can clear 80-100k. its a call center job so prepare to get back in the cage wagie. it is a good job though all kidding aside. you will be expected to be on the phone most of your shift.

no clear direction/constant change

A project would start one way and without much notice it would change, the techs never knew what the processes were, and what to expect from day to day. When sales become a priority and not the job, it takes away from the ability to timely complete and have a work life balance. Many techs worked 12 to 14 hours a day. Not good for a family life.

messy

the training is a joke. they put you on the phone with little to no preparation. receiving help on a call does not help the situation as they take so long to message you anything helpful

Metrics and Sales

Job security depends on your ability to meet metrics beyond your control. Most important part of job is Sales. You can be terminated for not meeting Sales quota monthly

You are never good enough

It started out well with many praises. I even received apprentice of the month. The worst thing about this place is the micromanagement and lack of human compassion.

Tough work but training and pu were great

Loved working there but got laid off cause of COVID. Great advancement opportunities . They also sent us into Chicago for training when it was an epicenter of COVID which didn’t see wise to me, but other than that it was great.

Working at Dish

There are many positives and negatives working at Dish in which they allow you to be able to have a flexible schedule in which you can work 4 days a week for 10 hours a day or 5 days for 10 hours a day. Then they have health benefits and

Pros

Flexibility of being remote/ choose your own schedule from the options given

Cons

Little pay for the type of work being done

Read before you go!!

The good So first off the bat dish gives great benefits really good insurance and you get free TV don’t get the internet it’s horrible and if you like driving sometimes your gonna drive 25 miles other days 400 miles, another good benefit is you work by yourself the bosses check on you but most live out of town and you gotta rely on yourself so if you are well organized and honest it’s great. Now the badYou have to sell at every job at least 55$ worth of product if you can make big sale at one job say 600$ which it is possible your good for the month but be aware the bosses are real serious about it , then your hours are not set some weeks you get 40 hours others you get less then 25 the reason why is think about it how many people really have satellite tv most just have internet and just stream online so your jobs are there but be aware some cancel or there just isn’t enough to go around.The inventory can be confusing and if you don’t order enough of items your out of luck til they can be mailed and your gonna get in trouble for not keeping up.If your not ok with going up 2-4 stories or being in really tight places or be in areas we’re it gets really cold or hot I’m talking about depending we’re they send you it’s less the 40 degrees outside or outside when it’s hot and it’s 105 outside then you gotta get in an attic and it’s now 112 just be aware you gotta work you can’t say no I don’t like the weather.

Good role

Good company overall if you’re not on the phones, opportunities for advancements - eventually it became stagnant. Good to gain experience and knowledge

Common questions about DISH

Answered by current and former employees at DISH

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DISH. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight