DISH Employee Reviews

31.1K
Found 3,614 reviews matching the search See all 4,173 reviews
Hostile towards employees
Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 17, 2018
Senior management distrusts all employees. For example, they regularly run badge-in time checks on all employees, including exempt, and use that as a basis for disciplinary action.

The benefits are not competitive.
Pros
You get work experience
Cons
Distrustful corporate culture
work on your own
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 17, 2018
The management at this office is great however the overall dish workplace is horrible. long hours and strict sales requirements are more important than quality of work. Mandatory overtimes days and poor communication between dispatch and the technician.
Pros
work by yourself
Cons
not recommed it very stressful place very poor managment
Loyalty Dep customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 17, 2018
not recommed it very stressful place very poor managment they fire people for no reason the good thing was work at home no managers but they always have camera meeting which will give you negative feedback to make u hate ur life very stressful not a safe and stable job no careers
good for make fast money and leave
Pros
work at home
Cons
very stressful place
Decent money but hard work
Satellite TV Technician (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 16, 2018
You can earn good money if you work hard but the job is stressful and often dangerous and you never know when you'll get off. It can be tough to balance your work life and personal life if you go to school or have a family.
Fast paced lots of tech
Fst1 (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJuly 15, 2018
It was fun working with dish I enjoyed the customers the most I enjoyed the challenges of the installs always something new to learn really Sparks your creative side
Pros
Pie bonus
Cons
Far trips
fun and challenging place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJuly 15, 2018
job is not for everyone, in home cold sales can be hard but exciting. job is fast paced but work is relatively easy. bi weekly paid incentives are a big plus
Pros
bonuses
Cons
pressure
Fun
Accelerated Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 14, 2018
Dish was a fun place to work.

Management was odd. Not much positive feedback, managment was done from he negative, not positive. Difficult to get positive feedback
Pros
Games, prizes
CRAZY Expectations and Little Known Facts of a Field Techs Life
Level II Fieldwork (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 13, 2018
After working 5 years as a field technician, I couldn't do it anymore. PLEASE keep reading for some little known facts about working as a Field Service Technician.
I started off with a very hopeful attitude and kept it as best I could through years of the same old same old. The hours are great for the paycheck and you have work all year long. The guys I worked with were great as well. The job, by nature, is very challenging. Expect to work long hours, deal with working in all weather conditions, try to make customers happy in their sometimes nasty homes, drive in traffic that is sometimes crazy. But that is not the most challenging parts. Here are those LITTLE KNOWN FACTS.
As a Tech, you are evaluated by a metric system. At the time I quit, it was based on Internet Connectivity, Completion Rate, Productive Points Per Hour, and Dollar Per Work Order Sales, Customer Satisfaction. Meeting these metric percentages gave you the opportunity to receive bonus money on paychecks as well as promotion. Here is what people DON"T KNOW.
1. Internet Connectivity: if you go to a customer's house and they do not have internet you are penalized.
2. Completion Rate: if you show up at an appointment and a customer is not there, or you cannot get a satellite dish to work at there location for ANY REASON, if the apt management or HOA does not allow a satellite dish, you are penalized.
3. Productive Points Per Hour: if you have to drive a long distance from one job to the next, you are penalized.(These routes are predetermined by a computer).
4. Dollar
  more... Sales Per Work Order: if you do not sell something to the customer(speakers, screen cleaner, Hdmi cables, etc.) at a certain dollar amount, you are penalized.
All of these Metrics combine to determine whether or not you get to keep your job or not. Most of which are not in your control. These Metrics are changed often to increasingly more difficult requirements. I was one of the top technicians in my region in sales and performance and I worked 5 years with Dish. I could no longer keep up with the increasingly difficult demands. The Techs are blamed for poor attitudes when they voice their concerns with management.
Sorry for the length of this review but I hope you will consider these Little Known Facts of my time as a Tech with Dish.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Expensive healthcare, high pressure evaluation system, corporate deaf to field technicians issues, to many to list.
all bells and whistles until you start your job
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 13, 2018
before i was hired so much was promised and said that made you say hey this is great once you actually start work for the company it all changes there is no work life balance if you have a family this job is perfect if you are single or speak spanish revolving hours make it almost impossible to plan anything and some management personel not all seem to pretend to care and just blow off concerns i definitely do not recommend dish to work for if you value family time and just general leisure they both are not abundant with dish
Pros
free service
Cons
not family oriented
Co-workers are wonderful made very good friends
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 13, 2018
Over all this job is a pain. The supervisor doesn't know how to lead to save their life. At times I had to step up and take that roll to get things done. In reality this job is not meant to be stressful. Everything that we do is very easy but with the poor leadership of the supervisor the job becomes very stressful. Pick up the Slack of the supervisor.
Pros
Coworkers, benefits, lots of overtime
Cons
Poor management, low pay
Formulate your own opinion
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJuly 13, 2018
Every job has its pros and cons. Not every situation affects every person. Work/life balance is subject to the person's view that is directly involved. Compensation is probably below adequate for the expectations.
Pros
You will learn a lot. Some beneficial, some not so much
Cons
You will live here on your working days.
Fast paced
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 12, 2018
Decent work environment. Not a lot of room for advancement. Pay was decent. Very fast paced environment. People were very good to work with. Could have had better supervisors.
Poor Management and Very Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAJuly 11, 2018
Most of the management was horrible, a lot of them didn't know what they were doing and would regularly threaten employees. There are no paid sick days for at least 2 years. Overtime is sometimes mandatory, sometimes optional. It was very stressful. I found out they were closing down by the news report, several months later they told remaining employees.
Bad coaches
Account Specialist/CS2/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVJuly 10, 2018
its a good place to work but has poor managenment. which means the coaches dont ork with you. they end up firing for something they never coached you on.
Pros
good people
Cons
bad coaches
Never again
Sling & Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 10, 2018
Dealing with consistently irate customers, who continually put you down, upper management does not actually care about you, its hard to actually get a schedule you want unless you are absolutely cut throat and get incredible stats which is incredibly hard to do. The company acts like they care about you as a person, but watching a good 75% of employees get fired in 2 days, some even over the phone, shows just how replaceable each and every person is.
Pros
Crazy discounts on tv
Cons
Scheduling, management, irate customers
not fun
Customer Service Corporation/Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2018
it was not a good experience for me, the pay was bad, the stress was high, the time is crazy long, and the management is bad. you ask to do something while by doing that same thing your performance get affected.
Opportunity but challenge
Business Operations Analyst - Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 8, 2018
The pay TV market is a tough one to be in right now and although we are making large gambles that may pay off, I need to see what is available elsewhere. I was able to work on some exciting projects but some people felt unhappy in their roles. I simply wish to excel faster than I am at this fortune 200 company.
Dish is an okay place to work at
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJuly 8, 2018
Staff goal was 800, new management came& it went to 200. New manager didn't take the time to get to know me before they laid me off. Very disappointed.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
It's not as stable as they make it seem.
Ambiente de trabajo agradable
Vendedora (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRJuly 8, 2018
El ambiente y el trato de tú súper visor excelente, buen acomodo de horarios para que no confluyan con los estudios.
Cons
Las ganancias son por comisiones
Dish
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAJuly 8, 2018
Overall not a horrible place to work when I started. However, now, I find myself looking for other jobs all the time. They force you into transitions with no warning and care little for your input on them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Overall environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DISH. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

67out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DISH.

Powered by Comparably