Disney ABC Employee Reviews

productive
seller and cashier (Former Employee) –  NYAugust 12, 2018
balance in everything and helpful coworkers , customer service, call operator cash handling deal with people of different cultures flexible schedule .
I love working for Disney
Make-up Artist (Current Employee) –  Moraga, CAAugust 3, 2018
Great company too work for I would recommend applying getting your foot through the door, and enjoy working for a company that’s going to help you advance too the next level of your goals.
Pros
Great too have on you resume
Cons
You should become a regular team member
Good place to be expose to the newtork business
Research Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2018
ABC is a great place to work, even tho at times certain task tend to me monotonous you will be able to learn a lot if eager to try to understand the business.
good
Videographer, editor, studio (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 21, 2018
i worked in a local tv station . it was fun a that time . things have changed in the last 20 yrs salaries have been cut . people are less happy there, i heard from friends. but, i have'nt been there in 18 yrs.
Pros
friendly cameras
Cons
pay
Productive and fun workplace
Publicist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2018
I retired from ABC/Disney in October 2017 after 22 years of employment as a publicist where I launched and publicized numerous television shows. Thank you.
Fun place to work
Traffic Coordinator, ABC Family (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 13, 2018
Work was deadline driven but always a challenge. Always felt productive as we all worked as a team. Constant workflow was challenging. Management would have lunches and holiday activities which lightened up the mood of heavy workflow.
Best part of the job was the feeling of being productive by completing tasks by deadline.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Consistent detail oriented work
This employer gave me confidence.
PRESSROOM FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMay 6, 2018
I was transferred to the Lynnwood Washington branch. It was a big career move at the time. New location, bigger operation and wonderful people that gave me confidence to move forward into a new career path.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
Shuffleboard, bagel Wednesday's and a pub doustairs.
Art Director, SR UX/Visual Designer (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WA 98065April 28, 2018
Disney is a good place to work. It has a mature design culture and top notch professionals. The work culture is open and collaborative. Compared to other places in the tech industry where I have worked, Disney respects the work/life balance of it's employees, is respectful, encourages diversity and has open culture.
Cons
Slow to match compensation to market value
Fun Job, Lousy Pay!
Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLApril 28, 2018
Working for Radio Disney was a great place to start if you plan to have a career in radio. Having said that, they are not very good at compensating their employees. The training is poor and personal relationships are minute.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Poor Pay
Good
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 12, 2018
Nothing much to say except it was a basic job with basic perks. Was a good transition job getting into the event industry. Low pay but the management was very good to me.
High energy, warm welcoming environment
Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2018
The summer of 2016, I was an intern at a news station in Houston; KTRK, ABC 13. My title was the desk intern; in other words the heart of the news room. Everything from incoming phone calls, skyeye (helicopter), photographer duties, new stories/ ideas, radios from dispatch, etc., ran through my department. My responsibility was to make sure the right calls were sent to the correct places, research information on various stories, listen to ten plus radios at once, log what competitors are broadcasting, instruct photographers their daily assignments, guide the helicopter to a destination, etc. During my time there I had the best time of my life. Not only was I able to work in my department but, they allowed me to explore others. One story we covered, where I was able to attend, was a practice where the NBA players who competed in the summer Olympics before leaving for Rio. That was a dream come true because I played basketball in college, I look up to those players, and I interviewed my current favorite player. The most difficult thing for me was to adjust to the pace. News is ever changing so, timing was everything to me. Overall, I learned that anything a possible. They allowed me to discover a different side of media and I appreciate the opportunity they provided.
Pros
Experience, opportunity, networking, relationships, growth
Cons
Short breaks
A great starter job
Sales Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2018
Great work life balance but competitive for growth and advancement. Can easily get lost in the large corporate structure. Pressure to stand out. Great learning experience for young employees.
Good place to work and advancement is possible.
Administrative/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2018
I worked many years at ABC so there were definitely ups and downs. However, for the most part, it was an enjoyable experience. The company is huge but because of the different departments you can still have the collaborative experiences of smaller companies.
Experience Varies from one department to another
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 12, 2018
The company pays well and they offer good benefits and great perks.

I was there 16 yrs. The first 13 were amazing. Great work/life balance and good moral. The work was challenging and overtime was required but management was fair, supportive and acknowledged your accomplishments. It was hard to get promoted from within but the raises were adequate enough.

The last 3 years were a nightmare. New chief officers were brought in that laid off entire departments. People were rehired for considerably less. My immediate management was great but upper management didn't care about their employees and resented anyone they didn't hire or were not fresh out of college.

If you consider applying be sure you know what's expected of you and when the department was last "restructured" or you may end up with a completely different job than the one you applied for or you may be out of a job within a year.
Pros
Good health benefits, company perks (i.e. discounts, movie screenings, etc.)
Cons
No job security, can change your position on a whim, near impossible to advance from within
I worked at ABC seamless siding not disney abc
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 10, 2018
as I had stated previously I had worked for ABC seamless siding in Cheyenne WY. would go to the job site cut pieces and install the siding to the building we were working on
Pros
I enjoyed new locations and the crew I worked with
Cons
when I was cold or super windy made the istalation difficult
Fast-paced and fun!
Wardrobe Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2018
I worked on a television show that was filming for a couple weeks in Los Angeles. I was a wardrobe/stylist assistant. Although my direct superior was not the best, the overall working environment was fantastic. I learned a lot about what goes into production and it was a fantastic experience overall.
Pros
Free lunch, great people
Cons
stressful at times
The best company to work for
Sports Reporter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 27, 2018
A typical day at work is to be completely focused and engaged in every task one takes on.
The motivation comes from wanting to improve my craft every week.
Pros
To be working closely with sports
Cons
N/a
ABC Studios
Floating Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 22, 2018
The American Broadcasting Company is an American commercial broadcast television network that is a flagship property of Disney–ABC Television Group, a subsidiary of the Disney Media Networks division of The Walt Disney Company.
Worst Place to do an Internship
Production Associate/Intern (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 12, 2018
This is the most cutthroat, cheapest place to work. They discriminate and encourage cutthroat environment when there is no reason for it. You do actual work which would not be considered interning... you are just exploited labor. It is so bad, young people are scared to speak up bc they are told they would never work in the industry again if they did. Post, Finance and
Production. There is no advancement there whatsoever. Not one person I know who was in the program ever stayed in the industry or pursued what they set out to do. They are all got discouraged.
And this is a topdown culture. Not a good environment when starting out your career.
Amazing place to work.
Freelance Audio Deck Present (freelance) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2018
Typical day starts early. 3AM but pay is amazing. I learned so much and wish I could have been called more often as a free lancer. I love the Disney Company, they are amazing. Sr. Audio Engineer, Paul is totally awesome to work with.
Pros
Can't get any better than Disney ABC TV
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Disney ABC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight