Disney ABC Employee Reviews

Great Perks
Broadcast Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
There are great benefits and perks to working at the company. Within in the department and the company as a whole I have seen little room for growth professionally and salary wise.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 8, 2018
We love ABC ABC is good place for me the customer is good the place is good the manager the employer I like ABC because ABC we love all our the customer and the government
fun place to work
Research Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2018
cool place, great benefits. no way of moving up or progressing.
little to no turnover, so no way to move up or get promoted. not a bad place to work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management very demanding
ABC Insurance Review
Insurance Producer Notary Public (Former Employee) –  Carencro, LAOctober 8, 2018
ABC insurance was an interesting company to work for because I learned a lot about the insurance industry. But none of the employees were happy. They all hated working there. Two people were arrested for stealing. One was arrested for armed robbery of ABC insurance. The pay was also very low.
Pros
I received experience there
Cons
low pay, unsafe work environment
Great Company Cobservative
Franchise Management and Business Development (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 22, 2018
I learned quick thinking The management was always on top of things in terms of scheduling and assessments Management was afraid to make decisions.
Coworkers were great and created an enjoyable environment to work in
Always having "magical" moments with the guests and with each other
Staying in character and always churning out magical language was the hard part but helped me to quickly think of creative ideas
Pros
Creative, Fun Envirinmant
Cons
Repressed
productive
seller and cashier (Former Employee) –  NYAugust 12, 2018
balance in everything and helpful coworkers , customer service, call operator cash handling deal with people of different cultures flexible schedule .
I love working for Disney
Make-up Artist (Current Employee) –  Moraga, CAAugust 3, 2018
Great company too work for I would recommend applying getting your foot through the door, and enjoy working for a company that’s going to help you advance too the next level of your goals.
Pros
Great too have on you resume
Cons
You should become a regular team member
Good place to be expose to the newtork business
Research Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2018
ABC is a great place to work, even tho at times certain task tend to me monotonous you will be able to learn a lot if eager to try to understand the business.
good
Videographer, editor, studio (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 21, 2018
i worked in a local tv station . it was fun a that time . things have changed in the last 20 yrs salaries have been cut . people are less happy there, i heard from friends. but, i have'nt been there in 18 yrs.
Pros
friendly cameras
Cons
pay
Productive and fun workplace
Publicist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2018
I retired from ABC/Disney in October 2017 after 22 years of employment as a publicist where I launched and publicized numerous television shows. Thank you.
Fun place to work
Traffic Coordinator, ABC Family (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 13, 2018
Work was deadline driven but always a challenge. Always felt productive as we all worked as a team. Constant workflow was challenging. Management would have lunches and holiday activities which lightened up the mood of heavy workflow.
Best part of the job was the feeling of being productive by completing tasks by deadline.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Consistent detail oriented work
This employer gave me confidence.
PRESSROOM FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMay 6, 2018
I was transferred to the Lynnwood Washington branch. It was a big career move at the time. New location, bigger operation and wonderful people that gave me confidence to move forward into a new career path.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
Shuffleboard, bagel Wednesday's and a pub doustairs.
Art Director, SR UX/Visual Designer (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WA 98065April 28, 2018
Disney is a good place to work. It has a mature design culture and top notch professionals. The work culture is open and collaborative. Compared to other places in the tech industry where I have worked, Disney respects the work/life balance of it's employees, is respectful, encourages diversity and has open culture.
Cons
Slow to match compensation to market value
Fun Job, Lousy Pay!
Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLApril 28, 2018
Working for Radio Disney was a great place to start if you plan to have a career in radio. Having said that, they are not very good at compensating their employees. The training is poor and personal relationships are minute.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Poor Pay
Good
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 12, 2018
Nothing much to say except it was a basic job with basic perks. Was a good transition job getting into the event industry. Low pay but the management was very good to me.
High energy, warm welcoming environment
Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2018
The summer of 2016, I was an intern at a news station in Houston; KTRK, ABC 13. My title was the desk intern; in other words the heart of the news room. Everything from incoming phone calls, skyeye (helicopter), photographer duties, new stories/ ideas, radios from dispatch, etc., ran through my department. My responsibility was to make sure the right calls were sent to the correct places, research information on various stories, listen to ten plus radios at once, log what competitors are broadcasting, instruct photographers their daily assignments, guide the helicopter to a destination, etc. During my time there I had the best time of my life. Not only was I able to work in my department but, they allowed me to explore others. One story we covered, where I was able to attend, was a practice where the NBA players who competed in the summer Olympics before leaving for Rio. That was a dream come true because I played basketball in college, I look up to those players, and I interviewed my current favorite player. The most difficult thing for me was to adjust to the pace. News is ever changing so, timing was everything to me. Overall, I learned that anything a possible. They allowed me to discover a different side of media and I appreciate the opportunity they provided.
Pros
Experience, opportunity, networking, relationships, growth
Cons
Short breaks
A great starter job
Sales Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2018
Great work life balance but competitive for growth and advancement. Can easily get lost in the large corporate structure. Pressure to stand out. Great learning experience for young employees.
Good place to work and advancement is possible.
Administrative/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2018
I worked many years at ABC so there were definitely ups and downs. However, for the most part, it was an enjoyable experience. The company is huge but because of the different departments you can still have the collaborative experiences of smaller companies.
Experience Varies from one department to another
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 12, 2018
The company pays well and they offer good benefits and great perks.

I was there 16 yrs. The first 13 were amazing. Great work/life balance and good moral. The work was challenging and overtime was required but management was fair, supportive and acknowledged your accomplishments. It was hard to get promoted from within but the raises were adequate enough.

The last 3 years were a nightmare. New chief officers were brought in that laid off entire departments. People were rehired for considerably less. My immediate management was great but upper management didn't care about their employees and resented anyone they didn't hire or were not fresh out of college.

If you consider applying be sure you know what's expected of you and when the department was last "restructured" or you may end up with a completely different job than the one you applied for or you may be out of a job within a year.
Pros
Good health benefits, company perks (i.e. discounts, movie screenings, etc.)
Cons
No job security, can change your position on a whim, near impossible to advance from within
I worked at ABC seamless siding not disney abc
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 10, 2018
as I had stated previously I had worked for ABC seamless siding in Cheyenne WY. would go to the job site cut pieces and install the siding to the building we were working on
Pros
I enjoyed new locations and the crew I worked with
Cons
when I was cold or super windy made the istalation difficult

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Disney ABC. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight