Disney Consumer Products Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working at this job
Retail sales associate, Seasonal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2018
The Disney store was a Productive and fun workplace where everyone felt welcomed. The managers and employees at this store are very friendly and understanding.
Pros
Happy Environment
Cons
Very crowded
A serious place to work at...
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 20, 2018
This company has high standards and expect nothing but the highest regards in customer service. You need to be sharp, knowledgeable and creative to be the most effective for your position. The culture is definitely Magical!
Pros
FUN & take work seriously
Cons
Low Pay
Collaborative work place.
Project Manager, Business Intelligence and Data (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 13, 2018
Excellent experience for a contractor. Going through a re-org currently. Enterprise technology exposure. A more cohesive workforce than I have seen elsewhere.
great place to work seasonal
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 12, 2018
its great job to work for students or people getting out of school, or more of a seasonal job but the pay isn't as good to make a living. the time I spend there was good as well as the coworkers and the store manager was amazing
disney store
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norridge, ILAugust 30, 2018
each day you come in you are going to do something different you may work the floor to help customers and stock shelves,you may work as a cashier o rjust be a greeter at the front door. But each day at the disney is not boring it is a fast fun place to work
Great Place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 29, 2018
I was a Store Manager for Disney and my experience with the company was great. I loved interacting with the Guest, the incentives as a Full time manager and my Cast Members.
Pros
Benefits, friendly work environment
Cons
Field Manager
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2018
Most definitely need to be outgoing and not shy to customers. Always have to use disney language with every customer and always give good customer service. Cannot show piercings or tattoos.
Fast pace, constant changing in direction, fun, challanging
Lead Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 20, 2018
Fun, and fast paced. I loved working there. Manager was a micro manager and made it very difficult and challenging to get work done. Guest servicing is the highest priority.
Entertaining and Fast Paced
Lead - Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 10, 2018
It was a delight working for the Disney Store for so many years. There was always something new to learn and for the most part they worked with my school schedule to accommodate me as much as possible.
Best Place to work at
Box Office Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 6, 2018
Fun and exciting + very rewarding. Events Volunteer for cancer walk, Everything about this job I loved. I have no complaints, would so go back, Highly recommended.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Las vegas part-time only hrs

Want to know more about Disney Consumer Products?

Ask a question
Fun Place to work for
CAST MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 2, 2018
• Assists Guests in finding solutions that best meet their needs while leveraging all available resources including Disneystore.com

• Participates in the processing of shipment, replenishment of the sales floor, and additional operational tasks based on the needs of the business
Truly a magical place to work.
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJuly 18, 2018
The guidelines are strict of dress code and how you are to interact with guests. This is for the children who come in and are young and infatuated with Disney. 99% of the job is customer satisfaction. I love this job and i'll work it for the rest of my life at least part time.
Amazing company to work for
Cast Member/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 16, 2018
Honestly, one of the best jobs I've ever had. Working at the Disney Store was more than just a job, you also played yourself. You have a wide variety of ages who love Disney and you get to share your love as well. Of course the benefits you get are great, but working for the company, showing what the company stands for, and showing your love for it was beyond great. My cast mates were amazing, the only negative thing was that there was favoritism amongst older cast members & the management.
Pros
Complimentary park tickets, discounts on merch, hotels, and tickets
Cons
Favoritism
nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 16, 2018
Disney store was cool. I'd definitely work there again. You get 20 percent discounts on all merchandise and any mos items are more discounted. Plus you get to hear frozen 24/7
Fun
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 12, 2018
While working at the Disney store I had to be on top of my Disney history it was fun to learn everyday something new, the talk amongst each other was fun because we had to incorporate Disney language. I would so totally have continued to work fo this company if they wouldn't have only offered me seasonal.
Review of Working experience
Sales Associate/Temporary Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2018
I loved working for the company an with my co workers. Management was a weak point, too many issues within themselves and it would reflect upon the cast members.
Learning Opportunity
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJuly 8, 2018
Overseeing and motivating a sales team in order to achieve organizational goals. The sales team was well aligned to the company's overall growth strategy. They represented the organization in a professional and caring manner.
Pros
working with a group of caring individuals
Cons
no insurance, or any type of benefits
Great experience
Assist guests in finding products (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 5, 2018
A very friendly fast paced job. Great work environment. Very helpful with job opportunities. Working with other Disney cast members were enjoyable. Making a Disney experience for family helps keep the magic alive through their fun products.
Emotionally draining and unfair
Lead Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 30, 2018
I was there for a total of 4 years. The first year seemed great but you quickly learned that the only way to progress or earn money was through favoritism. You are either on the SM favorites list (averaging 25hrs+ per week) or her bad list (averaging 3-4hrs every other week). Working at the store has to be your #1 priority, above school and family, and when you need time off, you have to provide an extensive explanation as to why you need days off. Depending on your explanation, she’d decide whether it warranted a few days off. This place is a horrible place to work at and not worth the perks of working with the company. 100% not magical, the culture is horrible and it drains your passion away from Disney and the job.
Pros
Disney Parks Discounts
Cons
Low to no working hours, short or no breaks, favoritism oriented, no paid time off, no health benefits
super fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIJune 27, 2018
I love Disney. I love the stores, I love the parks. It was fun to keep the magic of Disney flowing in Michigan. I loved getting to see all the new movies & sell a fun product.
Pros
fun
Cons
not enough stores anymore

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Disney Consumer Products. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight