Disney Cruise Line Employee Reviews

Productive and well compensated.
Stateroom Hostess (Former Employee) –  Disney DreamAugust 18, 2019
For past 9 years, One of the best key that Disney taught me is attention to details. Self oriented and Self management also play an important role to do my task under pressure. A typical day at work could be extra ordinary and enjoyable if you create happiness to your guest. As one of the company motto.
Disney cruise line
Disney Cruise line support specialist (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLAugust 16, 2019
Disney cruise line was exciting and fun to work with. Training was six weeks and focused on customer service and their program. Once you are past training you can submit for other jobs within the company.
A Dream Job
Cruise Staff (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 15, 2019
I worked on the Fantasy for 3 Contracts and I loved it. I was apart of Cruise Staff and I needed to have high energy every shift. With my theatre background I found the job to be easy at times, but also challenging. I have a degree in Hostility and Management and that helped me a lot with this job. I have had great Guest interactions and even crazy ones. The other Crew members are amazing and we all got along. DCL is really good about Crew activities and they were a lot of fun. My advice anyone who is going to work for DCL is to make sure you make friends with people in other departments. Branch out and make friends from all around the world.
Demanding but satisfying job
Cruise Staff Entertainment Host (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLAugust 14, 2019
Can be long work days with breaks throughout. Work 7 days a week for 4-6 months. You build close friends and can have a lot of fun after work. You get to travel all around the world and meet people from around the world.
Fantastic job but long hours
Youth Activities Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Florida, USAAugust 14, 2019
DCL is a great company to work for with a constant stream of activities to keep the crew members busy and entertained. The job itself is very high energy and entertaining. It is definitely a role in which you get out of it as much as you put in
Pros
Great perks and a great lifestyle
Cons
Long hours and no days off for months at a time
They take great care of both guest and employees.
Port of Miami, FL - Actor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2019
It was a once in a life time opportunity. Thrilled to have been chosen. They paid for all my food and housing. They paid for me to go to Toronto Canada for a month to train. Disney cruise line is amazing.
Pros
Free housing, food, plane tickets, 5 star activities, healthcare.
Cons
Going to Nassau.
Orlando
Assistant Waiter (Former Employee) –  Orange County, FLJuly 26, 2019
Bonne expérience . Très bonne ambiance . Beaucoup de travail et bien paye
Best job I've ever had
Main stage Performer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2019
I performed on Disney Cruise ships for 5 years. The only drawback for Main stage Performers is that our contracts are 9 months long so if you want to keep coming back, you are signing up for ZERO work/life balance as you live, eat and sometimes sleep in the same room as your co workers. I absolutely loved doing the shows and I felt that I was paid well for the hours worked.
Worked 7 days a week, long hours
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2019
I was in my early 20's and didn't know what to expect, VERY small room with no windows, bunk beds. Ate in crew mess with food that was just okay. LONG days and rarely a day off. Great experience and met lots of fun people from all over the world.
Pros
Easy to save money
Cons
No time off
Fun work place
Merchandise Host (Former Employee) –  Port Canaveral, FLJune 24, 2019
The iconic name of the company and the values belief of the founding father of the company was tremendously appealing back in his time, he is a visionary with a big heart and passion in doing in what he did best, it’s just sad that it wasn’t like in his days that the company stand firm. As in my understanding back then in his time it is surely a pro employee company coz of the mission vision he set as describe as a family. And today it was just words. he build an iconic company name but sadly, as of now, Inside the company it is deteriorating coz the the people running the company doesn’t have his passion.
(This just my own opinion upon working with the company)
Pros
Free accommodation & food (but technically it’s already been deducted on the salary)
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment
Fun job
Cruise Line Representative at Port Canaveral (Former Employee) –  Port Canaveral, FLJune 18, 2019
Working for Disney Cruise Line was awesome. It was a fun, non-stressful job. The only drawback was the pay. Thankfully now, they have increased the pay. Thinking about going back!
Pros
Happy people all around you!
Cons
Pay
Culture at Disney Cruise Line
CVS Agent (Cruise Vacation Special Accounts Agent) (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLJune 15, 2019
Although the cruises are excellent and yet expensive, there are opportunities to take discounted cruises - if you can get the time off. Most of the year you will have a lot of overtime due to peak travel booking seasons - working over 50 hours/week. There are no monetary bonuses to speak of. It is a very competitive atmosphere and heavily micromanaged. IT is also very stressful with emphasis on attendance, time taken for breaks, and production. They work on a point system to define everything. They talk about culture and work-life balance but in truth, it does not exist in the call center.
Pros
Heavily discounted cruises, lots of "junk food", characters visit a lot
Cons
low pay, long hours, hard to get time off for discounted cruises
Excellent Services
Excellent employees
Excellent clients
Excellent style
Excellent modus operandi
Brand is why you work here
SALES OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLJune 11, 2019
The name Disney is why people work here. The Cruise ships are beautiful and the perks to go on cruises and parks are amazing, but the compensation related to the hours you work are awful.
Pros
Free park entry if you are salaried, benefits and culture
Cons
high pressure, low pay
productive and respect workplace
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  orlandoMay 31, 2019
it was very successful for me because I can learned to work there always with best quality as possible. the only bad thing was the schedule, it was very hard and a little bit stressful.
Ambiente lavorativo fantastico.
Demi chef (Former Employee) –  Orange County, FLMay 16, 2019
La compagnia offre l'opportunità di lavorare su una delle loro lussuose navi da crociera. I posti visitati sono magnifici, e si riesce a gestire sia vita privata che lavoro, nonostante l'impiego 7 giorni su 7 date le circostanze. L'ambiente lavorativo è calmo e rilassante, anche se ovviamente la quantità di lavoro da svolgere è enorme.
Joy at work is the best policy ,
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Port CanaveralMay 12, 2019
Disney cruise line is world's largest and best cruise line on which I would again like to work,staff is skill full, flexible working hours,full of fun, great destination's etc Mickey is the best
Hay cosas que deben cambiar con el empleado
Camarero (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2019
Los lideres son muy selectivo con respecto a las nacionalidades hay mucha preferencia con los americanos que con un latino
Audio ship board
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 21, 2019
fun and amzing adventure you work 7 days a week no time off till the end of your contract but you have a life time of memories. and make some amaszing frieds as well
Work
TERMINAL AGENT (Current Employee) –  Celebration, FLFebruary 28, 2019
A day of work at Disney Cruise Line is debarking the guest starting at 6:45 and then checking in the new guest around 10:30, I leave work at 1:00 PM. I have learned a lot about international visas and who needs them and who doesn't. Management is excellent very easy to work for.The people I work with are from all over the world. The hardest part of the job is the time you have to be to work in the morning. The guest are the nice part of the job, people from all over the world and ther excitment!
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
really none

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Disney Cruise Line. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight