Disney Cruise Line Employee Reviews in Orlando, FL

Worked 7 days a week, long hours
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2019
I was in my early 20's and didn't know what to expect, VERY small room with no windows, bunk beds. Ate in crew mess with food that was just okay. LONG days and rarely a day off. Great experience and met lots of fun people from all over the world.
Pros
Easy to save money
Cons
No time off
productive and respect workplace
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  orlandoMay 31, 2019
it was very successful for me because I can learned to work there always with best quality as possible. the only bad thing was the schedule, it was very hard and a little bit stressful.
Hay cosas que deben cambiar con el empleado
Camarero (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2019
Los lideres son muy selectivo con respecto a las nacionalidades hay mucha preferencia con los americanos que con un latino
Audio ship board
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 21, 2019
fun and amzing adventure you work 7 days a week no time off till the end of your contract but you have a life time of memories. and make some amaszing frieds as well
Productive and fast paced
Performer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 25, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working with Disney Cruise Line. I got to travel the world and meet so many new people/cultures and learning how to collaborate with people from all over the world while sailing aboard.
Pros
Room & Board
Cons
Short breaks
work onboard a disney ship
Senior Technician Ship Wide (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 19, 2018
The technical equipment and maintenance is simply at the highest level and it is easy to see the backbone to this cruise line is a world renowned entertainment company.
A great place to grow and develop professionally
Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  marine-based, Orlando, FlaNovember 10, 2018
A structured work environment with standards that must be met. I have acquired more skills in pastry making and learned overtime how to meet sanitation procedures. The staff are made to embrace the emphasized teamwork and collaborative activities for the company's standardized productive work culture. The hardest part of the job was to create a balance with the demands of production upon my return from vacation while the most enjoyable aspect of the job is expressed excellent guest satisfaction that a dynamic, exciting hardworking team - of which I am a part - celebrated weekly.
Pros
free meals and accommodation
Cons
contract break could be given earlier
Spetacular
Server (Former Employee) –  orlandoNovember 9, 2018
Great training on board, hard working team, great ship conditions, allways progressing
fun place to work
Demi chef de partie (Current Employee) –  orlando flOctober 31, 2018
its an amazing place to work, the day always is busy so we need to be very organices with the times in diferents cuisines, i have been working in 3 galleys with different times some kitchens has the breakfast, lunch and dinner, another only lunch and dinner and the other galley only dinner so all are different with differents menus, i , learned everything about disney standards, usph cleanliness, wet drills, etc, we are working with many people from diferents cultures inside the kitchen, everybody is diferent and has diferences in theway of work but everybody share the same pasion.
i like to much work in kitchen is super fun and has to much responsabilities some time we are full of streesful and work to do al the time, but the best part is when you have a nice team work and meet the goals of the day, the month and the contract, its very rewarding.
Productive, fun and learning environment
Cook 2 Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 24, 2018
Your day starts very early in the morning, you get to your station and start a day creating desserts for the satisfaction of the guest and have fun while doing it. Some days were tough but you got through it with the help of team members. I learnt new techniques, plating and different ways of creating anything chocolate. The hardest part of the job was complete some tasks as some tools and equipment was a whole lot heavier and larger than my size could handle. The experience felt like it came from a story book, everyday felt like a movie. You had the opportunity to enjoy the difference in culture, meet people from all over the world, shopping, free meals, movies, visiting other islands like Nassau. It was out a this world... like Magic**
Pros
Free everything and the experience of a lifetime
Cons
Adjusting to new cultures and the environment.
excelente ambiente laboral
Demi chef de partie (Former Employee) –  orlando, floridaOctober 2, 2018
excelente experiencia, te permite conocer bastante.
Pros
gratificaciones
Cons
extensas jornadas laborales
Amazing experience and great opportunity
Youth Activities Counselor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2018
Disney Cruise Line is a great company, but ship life is not for everyone. You get to travel to many different places depending on what ship you are on, get to meet and make friends from all over the world and get so much experience with working with people of different parts of the world and cultures. It is a lot of hard work and you don’t get days off while on board. I generally will work 70+ hours a week. On your time off throughout the day you can get off in ports if your schedule allots you the time to do so.
Pros
Room and board paid for, travel, lifelong friendships
Cons
Hard to work your way up the ladder, no benifits
Average
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2018
Could do much better job in taking care of their employees and offer assistance and understanding when needed. Company cares about guests only and their motto is Disney difference ; however they way they are is actually that no one is allowed to outstand in any ways,with hair ,nails,posture ,opinion and ironically that’s the difference. Management is promoting based on Favorism and it’s the only company where you can get the job if you are just talking a lot and know how to charm, everything else ,how hard working and capable you we doesnt matter. Their promotion system has step ups where you get to be a manager to your colleagues for one contract and then they step you down just because they can and you get to be working normally with your colleagues you just recently were a manger too.. so many things they need to work on and get in the line with other big names out there : google, Apple ,virgin ,amazon...those company’s know that happy employee will keep the company running. Disney is too old fashioned and ancient.
great place
stateroom host (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2018
one of the best place i worked great pay 4-6 k month little strict for quality and standard but worth the pay skill .
will have breaks in afternoon to enjoy places
good life over all.
Pros
multinational food
Cons
little stress full job
happy place to work
Assistant Manager Crew Services (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2018
the opportunity to travel around the world helped me to achieve my personal goals and grow professionally,
the work environment was Great the experience changed my life completely
Pros
the management
revies
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2018
i worked as a cruise staff person. we would run activities for the families who had been cruising for years and had seen all the ports.So we entertained them and also had night activities for the adults
Muy buena
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 18, 2018
Excelente empresa pero la vida en el mar me agobió
Pros
Posibilidad de crecimiento laboral
Cons
Pierdes contacto con la familia
Hard Work and loads of responsibility
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaMay 8, 2018
Long hours, Hard work, Lots of stress, minimum sleep, always expect the unexpected.
You grow a lot with this fast paced company, and you have growth opportunities, depending on your view of life.
The workplace encourages professional fun at all times. You work with 64 different nationalities in close proximity, no discrimination is tolerated whatsoever.
Yes its long hours, loads of stress, hard work and very draining, but you get to travel the world, meet different people, get exposed to different cultures and gain a lot in life.
Its a job not for the faint hearted, but if you give your bit you will get yours in return. Life is what you make of it and you can have responsible fun while you work. I have been doing it for 8 years already and its still a lot of fun!
Pros
Free travel, food and lodging
Cons
Long and Stressful hours of work
Organizada e agradavel de trabalhar
Assistant Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaApril 26, 2018
Uma empresa que trabalha para a satisfação dos clientes a 100% . É gratificante ter feito parte da tripulação da Disney e poder trabalhar para uma das maiores companhias a nível mundial. Regras há muitas como em todas as empresas tem. Nosso dever é de as cumprir e claro que numa empresa como esta as regras são rígidas.
Pros
Conviver com pessoas de todo o mundo
Amazing Company
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 11, 2018
I couldn't imagine a better first job out of college. I worked on high value projects that made a true impact to various business units across parks & resorts. Working "Behind the Scenes" at Disney is an incredible experience that I would recommend to anyone. The "pros" are endless: Great benefits, positive work environment, exciting product, ability to see tangible results of your work. The "cons" of the job are similar to other very large companies, slow to implement changes, lower than industry standard pay, and some management who has been there for a long time and no longer on the "Cutting Edge." Overall, absolutely love the Company and what it stands for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Disney Cruise Line. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight