Disney Cruise Line Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

Productive and well compensated.
Stateroom Hostess (Former Employee) –  Disney DreamAugust 18, 2019
For past 9 years, One of the best key that Disney taught me is attention to details. Self oriented and Self management also play an important role to do my task under pressure. A typical day at work could be extra ordinary and enjoyable if you create happiness to your guest. As one of the company motto.
Fun work place
Merchandise Host (Former Employee) –  Port Canaveral, FLJune 24, 2019
The iconic name of the company and the values belief of the founding father of the company was tremendously appealing back in his time, he is a visionary with a big heart and passion in doing in what he did best, it’s just sad that it wasn’t like in his days that the company stand firm. As in my understanding back then in his time it is surely a pro employee company coz of the mission vision he set as describe as a family. And today it was just words. he build an iconic company name but sadly, as of now, Inside the company it is deteriorating coz the the people running the company doesn’t have his passion.
(This just my own opinion upon working with the company)
Pros
Free accommodation & food (but technically it’s already been deducted on the salary)
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment
Unique experience on a cruise ship
Merchandise Host (Former Employee) –  Port Canaveral, FloridaAugust 29, 2018
This experience at a cruise ship allowed me to have a first encounter with many different nationalities, utilizing my English and Spanish, while working with both sales and customer service.
Pros
To learn about hospitality and sales with Disney
great place
stateroom host (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2018
one of the best place i worked great pay 4-6 k month little strict for quality and standard but worth the pay skill .
will have breaks in afternoon to enjoy places
good life over all.
Pros
multinational food
Cons
little stress full job
Excellent Place to start your Career
Stateroom Host (Former Employee) –  Port Canaveral FloridaJune 7, 2018
The Happiest planet Place to work.Best Experience . I recommend this place for everyone to work. Salary is the best in this companyand treatment of crew members are great.
Pros
Free Board and Lodging
Cons
No wifi
It quite fun for working with many characters
Stateroom hostess (Current Employee) –  Celebration, FLFebruary 6, 2018
Disney cruise line provide fun and enjoyable work experience and have a good opportunity to learn so many culture and adjusting to multi-nationality on board.
Definitely an experience.
Entertainment Host Cruise Staff (Former Employee) –  Port Canaveral, FLAugust 17, 2017
While ship life isn't for everyone, it's an amazing experience. I was able to travel the world, perform with incredible talent and work with crew from over 68 different nationalities. It was one of the best experiences, but the hardest work enviorment. You live there, no escape, no room to breathe.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Roommates, small cabins, bad food
all good
State Room Host (Former Employee) –  usaNovember 1, 2014
its a state roo host designation but for me a wonderful experince
Great job but temporary
Youth Activities Entertainment Host (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLApril 16, 2012
Working for Disney Cruise Line was very enjoyable. I met a lot of new friends and got to go to places I've never been before. I also got to work with children and help create magical memories that I hope will last them a life-time.

I am a Youth Activities Entertainment host which means I am responsible for all the major programming that goes on in Youth Activities. Two examples are a science program called Flubber and a club program called Do Si Do with Snow White. In the science program I would portray a scientist or professor character and for an hour entertain the children as well as guide them in how to make the green goo known as Flubber.

For Do Si Do with Snow White I would portray myself however for 30 minutes I would be responsible in keeping the kids attention as well as following the guide to the program which involved explaining characters and leading a song/dance routine and a game. At the end of the program Snow White would make an apperance and have 15 minutes for her section making it a 45 minute program. I was also responsible for the safety of the children and Snow White.

I've learned a lot, how to be a leader and how to be well organizied and planned. We have usually 30 to an hour of set-up and close-up time to prepare the program. Our job is to make sure everything is ready to go before the indicated time of the program start time. This would include putting up decorations, hiding objects essential to the program, communicating with the group anchor, and making sure all the tech equipment is ready.

Management was very good and understanding. There was
  more... never a time where i didn't feel like i couldn't go to my managers and ask for help or an opinion.

The hardest part of my job was just trying to make everything picture perfect. I realize that no one is perfect but my goal has always been to bring the best i can for the Disney product.

The most enjoyable is seeing the kids smile and seeing them remember me and enjoy my ability of entertaining them. Making memories in their hearts really is what i love doing as a job.
Pros
free lunches, new destinations, working with kids and mickey, fair pay, working with people from all over the world.
Cons
tiny cabins with roommate, no benefits, tax issues, work everyday, limited food choices, long hours, traveling job no chance of settling down.