Disney Cruise Line

Disney Cruise Line Pay & Benefits reviews

United States339 reviews
Disney offers a really fantastic working environment to work in. It is a company that gives great opportunities to those who have the potential to advance in their career.
Great benefits and perks!
Very organised company and very systematic with everything .But discriminated because of nationality ,no carrer grow oportunity being asian .long working hour.
The job itself is fine and if you have a good manager then you will be fine. The benefits package is pretty great. But, you're just another body in a seat.
I love working for Disney Cruiseline. Fun worki g environment and great coworkers, Management is supportive. They promote work life balance. Decent benefits. Pay could be higher.
Nice to work with number one entertainment company. I was having fun working with them . Contact was ok and vacation time is perfect. The food and cabin are good.
Cons
Make it 10 hour working time.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
I had a best experiencese when I worked in Disney cruise line ..
I can interact with a lot of cultures ..

Good communication with partner and leader..

They have a good management,, fair benefits ..
If you love challenge and adventure,, try Disney..
You work for 83 hrs a week, get paid over time which is good in a way. Became a certified Disney Trainer. The hardest part of the job was the long hours
need to work very hard.. working hours and benefits is whey too bad for all employee.all its a matter of money. the more you work the money you got. but benefits is nothing for the crew.
The job was an wonderful experience because i had learned how to receive guests at the port and how to assist them with their travel to Orlando to have a marvelous vacations and that help me be a better agent.
Pros
Activities that help you increase the profession
Cons
No benefits and salary too low, People were shy
I a hard worker a very good cleaner and a chief and a salad are attebdent I like it if shore and like to enjoy different places I always do my job to the fulliest cleaning will be done to it's best
It was a once in a life time opportunity. Thrilled to have been chosen. They paid for all my food and housing. They paid for me to go to Toronto Canada for a month to train. Disney cruise line is amazing.
Pros
Free housing, food, plane tickets, 5 star activities, healthcare.
Cons
Going to Nassau.
The iconic name of the company and the values belief of the founding father of the company was tremendously appealing back in his time, he is a visionary with a big heart and passion in doing in what he did best, it’s just sad that it wasn’t like in his days that the company stand firm. As in my understanding back then in his time it is surely a pro employee company coz of the mission vision he set as describe as a family. And today it was just words. he build an iconic company name but sadly, as of now, Inside the company it is deteriorating coz the the people running the company doesn’t have his passion.
(This just my own opinion upon working with the company)
Pros
Free accommodation & food (but technically it’s already been deducted on the salary)
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment
Although the cruises are excellent and yet expensive, there are opportunities to take discounted cruises - if you can get the time off. Most of the year you will have a lot of overtime due to peak travel booking seasons - working over 50 hours/week. There are no monetary bonuses to speak of. It is a very competitive atmosphere and heavily micromanaged. IT is also very stressful with emphasis on attendance, time taken for breaks, and production. They work on a point system to define everything. They talk about culture and work-life balance but in truth, it does not exist in the call center.
Pros
Heavily discounted cruises, lots of "junk food", characters visit a lot
Cons
low pay, long hours, hard to get time off for discounted cruises
The name Disney is why people work here. The Cruise ships are beautiful and the perks to go on cruises and parks are amazing, but the compensation related to the hours you work are awful.
Pros
Free park entry if you are salaried, benefits and culture
Cons
high pressure, low pay
A day of work at Disney Cruise Line is debarking the guest starting at 6:45 and then checking in the new guest around 10:30, I leave work at 1:00 PM. I have learned a lot about international visas and who needs them and who doesn't. Management is excellent very easy to work for.The people I work with are from all over the world. The hardest part of the job is the time you have to be to work in the morning. The guest are the nice part of the job, people from all over the world and ther excitment!
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
really none
Disney relies on their name when it comes to having a professional job. The perks (free tickets, discounts, etc..) are meant to outweigh the fact that you have to support a family. The pay is not equitable compared to a similar role on the other side of Orlando.
Pros
Unique business, great teams and people
Cons
Pay for comparable work
Very good company to work with but due to a small fleet career advancement is difficult, / slow. This may improve with the more addition of ships.
Compensation :-( :(

!!!!!
Pros
Helathcare, Retirement benefits, Discounts
Cons
$ Take home for Managers
You can make a lot of friends nice people nice job , benefits , food , traveling , saved money , meet new places , paid in dollars , your own Cabin , tips
Hours are very long with mandatory overtime of up to 10 hours. Fun job but long hours, lots of rules, not flexible at all for home life balance. Benefits are good.
great place to work fun all working have a great time and kids have fun I like to work with them if I work again it will be the best the manager is great
Pros
free food when you work
Cons
break is good
I was much younger than I am now when I was hired. Being under age I was unable to enjoy many of the activites orginized for us outside of work as it usually involved alcohol and my co-workers were all years older than me. I worked in entertainment as a mainstage performer and had MANY more benefits than many cruise ship employees. Access to guest areas (movie theater, pools, decks, etc) and single cabins being the biggest ones.

The hardest part was that time there felt isolating and lonely. No cell service and wifi is quite expensive, few opportunities to connect to family and friends on shore. Looking back aside from that, the days could be long and fast paced on the Disney Dream because of the turnaround of the itinerary. Safety officer training and duties, along with character attendant shifts nearly every day more than once and performances onstage twice a night. Enjoyable and fun workplace culture, however definitely a totem poll of officers and workers which I did not enjoy. Housekeepers vs Entertainment, etc. It seemed some departments were valued over others.

There are quarterly evaluations on your performances, weekly cabins checks, and many late, late nights working. The costumed characters were often pushed to their physical limit, dancing and greeting for hours on end and many had to leave due to injury. The stages for performances are dangerous for dancers as are the shoes and costumes - not made for daily performing use in mind.

The good outweighs the bad, but perhaps that is nostalgia. I made many good friends from around the world, I got to bike
 - more...
Pros
Great benefits, fun incentives, exciting work culture, perfect if you love Disney
Cons
Long hours, isolating, you feel expendable as an employee
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Disney Cruise Line. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4
4.3
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.6Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight