Disney Cruise Line Employee Review

View all Disney Cruise Line reviews

Amazing Company
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 11, 2018
I couldn't imagine a better first job out of college. I worked on high value projects that made a true impact to various business units across parks & resorts. Working "Behind the Scenes" at Disney is an incredible experience that I would recommend to anyone. The "pros" are endless: Great benefits, positive work environment, exciting product, ability to see tangible results of your work. The "cons" of the job are similar to other very large companies, slow to implement changes, lower than industry standard pay, and some management who has been there for a long time and no longer on the "Cutting Edge." Overall, absolutely love the Company and what it stands for.

Other Disney Cruise Line Employee Reviews

Interesting experience, but hard work.
Youth Activities Counselor (Former Employee) –  Caribbean, Europe, MediterraneanAugust 19, 2019
Before you work on a cruise ship make sure that you understand that you will be working on a boat and living in a very small space (with at least one roommate) for months at a time. I found that a lot of people burned out after one contract because they weren't really ready for the work load. You will work anywhere from 8.5 hours to 14 hours everyday(depending on the department), 7 days a week for the entire contract which can be anywhere from 4 months to 9 months. You won't get to get off at every port and you can spend days on the ship before setting foot on land.
That being said, working for a cruise ship does allow you to travel and see new places. Every thing is paid for, so you can save money easily. Any illnesses or injuries that occur while under contract are covered completely (including medical and hospital expenses when needed).
I worked for the Youth Activities Department (part of the Entertainment Department), which had more free time then Food and Beverages or Housekeeping so I got to visit many countries and cities in my two years. I loved being able to visit ports in Europe and the Med, but be aware that there are cruise ships that only do Caribbean cruises so it can be monotonous. One of my contracts we literally only went to two ports and one of those ports was the Disney private island, so it was really boring but I did save a ton of money because I didn't get of the ship to buy stuff.
Good luck if you decide to try out this life style. You will either love it or hate it!!
Productive and well compensated.
Stateroom Hostess (Former Employee) –  Disney DreamAugust 18, 2019
For past 9 years, One of the best key that Disney taught me is attention to details. Self oriented and Self management also play an important role to do my task under pressure. A typical day at work could be extra ordinary and enjoyable if you create happiness to your guest. As one of the company motto.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Disney Cruise Line. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight