Disney Store Employee Reviews

Your Everyday retail store
Worked the cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2019
On the outside it may seem like a great thing to work for Disney. Scheduling is changed every week so you don't have set schedule. One day they have you work afternoon and the next day you have to come in and work mornings. You have to be cheery 24/7. For a billion dollar corporation they really pay there employees unfairly. The discount on merch and park entry was probably one of the good things.
Retail management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILFebruary 4, 2019
I enjoyed working for The Disney Store. It was owned by The Children's Place at the time. Many of the benefits were different for the time Disney did not own The Disney Store
Pros
Fun place to work
Fun Place
Seasonal Lead / Cast Member / part time (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJanuary 29, 2019
I loved my time with the Disney Store. I worked with many great people, I learned a lot about visual floor set up, team leadership. Disney Store was an environment that was constantly changing throughout each season, the team made sure everyone was having fun and learning all at the same time.
Pros
growth in company, compensation, benefits
Cons
hours available
Cashier/ Stocking (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILJanuary 29, 2019
Good discounts on the merchandise, flexible hours but not enough, the hours not so good.Not enough hours and no benefits. No medical insurance or 401 k
Pros
Disney discounts
Cons
No full time or benefits
Fun and rewarding job
Sales Associate, Disney Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 22, 2019
At the Disney Store, we practice excellent customer service, while also adding magic to every experience. Every day I strive to foster the magic of Disney for all our guests. My goal is to embody the joy that Disney brings, and share that with everyone that walks into our store. I lead many of the store’s events, making sure our guests of all ages are engaged and entertained. I also train and mentor many of our new cast members, which has given me invaluable leadership experience. At our store, we are also very sales-oriented, which compelled me to become an expert in all things Disney. This dedication and commitment have significantly increased my ability to make sales through knowledge and confidence. This position has taught me to be outgoing, patient, and efficient.
Its a "Magical" Experience
Cast Member (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TX 78570January 17, 2019
Working with Disney is one of my best jobs I ever had. Disney gave me the confidence and experience in working with customers and employees. Disney is a great place to work especially helping customers find the perfect gift for their children and to make their dreams...come true!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Nothing.
Just take this job!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 17, 2019
Disney is the best company to work for. It broke my heart to leave the company. I would have stayed for life if they had a branch where i was moving. Just take the job and be ready for the best job culture you've ever experience.
Pros
Disney! Happy people, Fun around every corner
Cons
easy to get sucked into it all
Very energetic atmosphere with an amazing management team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJanuary 16, 2019
I love working for the Walt Disney Company. It's a very upbeat atmosphere. The management team is wonderful. They truly care about you and your training. They want you to succeed and grow in your job.
Pros
Discount on ticket, food, merchandise, and rooms
Passionate about its brand and culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2019
I loved working with people who share their passion for the brand and its culture. There was never a dull moment at work. I enjoyed to "whistle while we work".
Pros
Benefits, volunteer, contests, etc
Great Company to Work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 29, 2018
Loved working for the Disney Store they were great to work for, compassionate and they train their employees had a wonderful time working for them in the Westchester Mall if they didn't close would still be there.
Pros
Great Salary, And People to work for
Typical Day at Disney Store
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXDecember 18, 2018
Working at the Disney Store was what allowed me to increase my Spanish vocabulary as we had a lot of customers come in from Mexico to shop. We would rearrange the store to floor plans from our regional office. This also help me with my organizational skills which made me keep things in order. The hardest part of the job had to be the angry customers who wouldn't understand how discounts worked but was easily explained. The atmosphere and the co-workers made it enjoyable.
Pros
working around kids, the managers
Cons
part-time
Fun workplace therefore all the music brings back all the memory’s from my childhood.
Chasier/Guest engagement/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CADecember 12, 2018
Ive Learned many things about this company.Its very important to be at your best and give kids 40secs of magic so that they have a magical experience.I love coming to work therefore it’s a very fun environment,the cast members are very friendly.I love to give back to those kids who never experience the magic from DisneyLand.
Productive, engaging, fun and interactive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Times Square, NYDecember 10, 2018
What can I say? It's Disney. I've been involved with the company for years outside working and inside, and it's been the best experience of my life. I couldn't have asked for anything better.
Pros
My managers, classmates, and of course flexible hours.
Cons
Nothing really. Maybe some days being blocked off where we cannot request off?
Fast-Paced and full of emotion
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXDecember 7, 2018
A typical day at The Disney Store involved many emotions from the guests you meet and the magical experiences you make to the mounds of product that need tending to behind the scenes.
Pros
Experience
Benefits
Magical atmosphere with lots of smiling faces
Leader (Current Employee) –  Branson, MODecember 4, 2018
Great work environment. Very fun yet challenging with the brand standards we have set for us by the company. Fast pace . Every day brings it's own new adventure
Pros
The city is a touristy area
Cons
With the touristy area comes off season where hours get cut
Fun Workplace
Cashier/Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 1, 2018
Working at the disney store is the most magical place to be at. It is a very fast paced retail store because there are guests from all over the world that like coming in taking advantage of our sales
Not as magical as it seems
Leadership Cast Member (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 29, 2018
I specifically worked as leadership with the Disney Store brand. I cant speak for the cast member experience at the parks, but working at the Disney Store was by far one of the worst experiences of my entire career. While the actual job is easy for the most part (merchandising and general operations) the culture is based on how much you can kiss up to your bosses and the part time cast members are so entitled and given so much freedom and say, that a manager cannot really manage a team as a retail team should be managed for fear of retaliation. Your basically a robot for the part timers to control like a puppet because they are so quick to run to HR for any little issue if they don't get their way for something. Its absolutely ridiculous. Upper management, all the way to corporate leadership, are so worried about the company getting sued that they go crazy overboard with implementing policy and procedures, all the way to threatening your job for something as simple as forgetting to fully fill out a daily planner! Long-time cast members get away with everything because they know how to manipulate the system and cry discrimination just because they know the company has no real backbone and will bend to their every whim. This has led to the Disney Store employing the worst types of people, who will never leave because of the park perks, which are great but totally not worth it. These people running and most cast members working at Disney Store are total wolves in sheeps clothing if I ever saw. Magical? No way, completely corrupt and wicked. Want to sell your soul and be part  more... of a cult? Work at Disney Store.  less
Pros
Free park passes/discounts
Cons
Everything else.
Amazing if you love Disney
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 28, 2018
Wonderful company to work for if you love the brand. You must be an energetic, and a happy person at all times. The experience you provide is equally (if not more) important as the merchandise you sell.
Pros
Flexible with scheduling, Merchandise/ admission discounts, energetic and positive work environment
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement, pay rate is typically low
Fun Environment
Sales Associate Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 18, 2018
Disney company does a great job at making their workers feel like a true Ohana! Although the work can be difficult at times, the environment is so happy and inspiring that it triumphs over the negatives of the job.
Fun Environment
Seasonal Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LANovember 14, 2018
Working at the Disney Store was fun and exciting. We held sing-a-longs with the customers and holiday meetings were enjoyable.Opening the store every morning is the best part.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Disney Store. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2