Disney Store Employee Reviews

You can find better
CASH TEAM MEMBER/ TRAINER/ SALES/MAGIC TEAM (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10036March 14, 2019
you are overworked and expected to do basically everything in the business without any additionally pay or praise. They will only see the bad you do and none of the good.
Cast Member, Great Northern Mall (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OhioMarch 13, 2019
Great place to work and very happy environment. The staff and management are all super friendly and very flexible with scheduling. I would work there again in a heartbeat. Only left to pursue full-time college.
loved it!
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 11, 2019
Great company to work for! Environment is fast paced, energetic, and fun. Disney takes very good care of their employees with incentives and benefits.
Its Disney in Retail
LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2019
it's going to be as close as you get for working for the mainstream company or parks facing form the comfort of home. Hours are low and wages are low, but you get great vacation benefits and PTO.
Was fun experience all around
cast member (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 1, 2019
Disney makes u feel like a family. You get to see people come and go. Watching the kids wake up the store having them smile young and old at heart just makes you appreciate life
Pros
We got exclusive things as cast members
Cons
Sometimes people tend to be uncaring
Enjoyable and fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJFebruary 26, 2019
I worked at the Disney Store while attending college courses and it was an extremely fun work place. The typical day would start with shipment in the morning before the store opened and I would stock the backroom as well as the store floor. Once the store opened I would alternate between working on the floor and helping customers to being a cashier on the registers. The best part of the job was the interactions with the customers, children would come into the store with their parents and ask about certain characters or movies and I would bring them around the store showing off all of the toys we had of said characters and the kids would always be ecstatic while the parents always appreciated the help and knowledge we provided.
Magical
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 21, 2019
Wouldn’t have left if an opportunity to advance with the company had arose for me, but I needed the money faster than they could’ve offered it at the time. Loved the environment, great coworkers, great company culture.
Your Everyday retail store
Worked the cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2019
On the outside it may seem like a great thing to work for Disney. Scheduling is changed every week so you don't have set schedule. One day they have you work afternoon and the next day you have to come in and work mornings. You have to be cheery 24/7. For a billion dollar corporation they really pay there employees unfairly. The discount on merch and park entry was probably one of the good things.
Retail management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILFebruary 4, 2019
I enjoyed working for The Disney Store. It was owned by The Children's Place at the time. Many of the benefits were different for the time Disney did not own The Disney Store
Pros
Fun place to work
Fun Place
Seasonal Lead / Cast Member / part time (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJanuary 29, 2019
I loved my time with the Disney Store. I worked with many great people, I learned a lot about visual floor set up, team leadership. Disney Store was an environment that was constantly changing throughout each season, the team made sure everyone was having fun and learning all at the same time.
Pros
growth in company, compensation, benefits
Cons
hours available
Cashier/ Stocking (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILJanuary 29, 2019
Good discounts on the merchandise, flexible hours but not enough, the hours not so good.Not enough hours and no benefits. No medical insurance or 401 k
Pros
Disney discounts
Cons
No full time or benefits
Fun and rewarding job
Sales Associate, Disney Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 22, 2019
At the Disney Store, we practice excellent customer service, while also adding magic to every experience. Every day I strive to foster the magic of Disney for all our guests. My goal is to embody the joy that Disney brings, and share that with everyone that walks into our store. I lead many of the store’s events, making sure our guests of all ages are engaged and entertained. I also train and mentor many of our new cast members, which has given me invaluable leadership experience. At our store, we are also very sales-oriented, which compelled me to become an expert in all things Disney. This dedication and commitment have significantly increased my ability to make sales through knowledge and confidence. This position has taught me to be outgoing, patient, and efficient.
Its a "Magical" Experience
Cast Member (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TX 78570January 17, 2019
Working with Disney is one of my best jobs I ever had. Disney gave me the confidence and experience in working with customers and employees. Disney is a great place to work especially helping customers find the perfect gift for their children and to make their dreams...come true!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Nothing.
Just take this job!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 17, 2019
Disney is the best company to work for. It broke my heart to leave the company. I would have stayed for life if they had a branch where i was moving. Just take the job and be ready for the best job culture you've ever experience.
Pros
Disney! Happy people, Fun around every corner
Cons
easy to get sucked into it all
Very energetic atmosphere with an amazing management team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJanuary 16, 2019
I love working for the Walt Disney Company. It's a very upbeat atmosphere. The management team is wonderful. They truly care about you and your training. They want you to succeed and grow in your job.
Pros
Discount on ticket, food, merchandise, and rooms
Passionate about its brand and culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2019
I loved working with people who share their passion for the brand and its culture. There was never a dull moment at work. I enjoyed to "whistle while we work".
Pros
Benefits, volunteer, contests, etc
Great Company to Work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 29, 2018
Loved working for the Disney Store they were great to work for, compassionate and they train their employees had a wonderful time working for them in the Westchester Mall if they didn't close would still be there.
Pros
Great Salary, And People to work for
Typical Day at Disney Store
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXDecember 18, 2018
Working at the Disney Store was what allowed me to increase my Spanish vocabulary as we had a lot of customers come in from Mexico to shop. We would rearrange the store to floor plans from our regional office. This also help me with my organizational skills which made me keep things in order. The hardest part of the job had to be the angry customers who wouldn't understand how discounts worked but was easily explained. The atmosphere and the co-workers made it enjoyable.
Pros
working around kids, the managers
Cons
part-time
Fun workplace therefore all the music brings back all the memory’s from my childhood.
Chasier/Guest engagement/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CADecember 12, 2018
Ive Learned many things about this company.Its very important to be at your best and give kids 40secs of magic so that they have a magical experience.I love coming to work therefore it’s a very fun environment,the cast members are very friendly.I love to give back to those kids who never experience the magic from DisneyLand.
Productive, engaging, fun and interactive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Times Square, NYDecember 10, 2018
What can I say? It's Disney. I've been involved with the company for years outside working and inside, and it's been the best experience of my life. I couldn't have asked for anything better.
Pros
My managers, classmates, and of course flexible hours.
Cons
Nothing really. Maybe some days being blocked off where we cannot request off?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Disney Store. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight